ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 2 

Post#1381 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:47 pm

Psubs wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Latest Wasserman mock for B/R

I disagree strongly on Salaun at 26 but he’s really sticking to his guns on that lol

Then we roll the dice and reach for Salaun with the Pacers pick. He needs more seasoning but he could top out at Blake Griffin 2.0. If he grows then Giannis with a 3pt shot.

Well this mock regarding the Raptors is what I've been thinking lately. Castle, Ware and Simpson. Maybe Olynyk plays some PF but maybe in a year if Ware pans out trade Poeltl.

PG IQ - Castle/Simpson
SG Dick - Castle - JFL
SF Barrett - Ochai - Dick
PF Barnes - Barrett/Boucher - Olynyk
C Poeltl - Olynyk - Ware

Salaun going lottery…I’m dying on that hill
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,206

Post#1382 » by Mark_83 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:53 pm

If we don't think the second guy we want will make it to 31 but that our first guy would make it to 21, would you guys move 17 + 31 for the Knicks' 21 + 22?
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1383 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 am

Thaddy wrote:Salaun isn't a great shooter although that is being advertised as his most NBA ready skill. This draft is going to be full of scrubs and busts. I would play it safe with Sheppard and other high floor older prospects like Holmes. We need a back up point guard and a big man with gravity on his rolls.

Sheppard
Pacers: Salaun, Ware, Tyler Smith
#31 KJ Simpson
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1384 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 am

Mark_83 wrote:If we don't think the second guy we want will make it to 31 but that our first guy would make it to 21, would you guys move 17 + 31 for the Knicks' 21 + 22?

Who do you think would drop to #17 that we wouldn't want? Dalton Knect? Ja'Kobe Walter?

Or they could reach for Tyler Smith at #17 and them like take Dillon Jones at #31.

PG Brunson - Deuce
SG DiVincenzo - Hart
SF OG - Bogdanovic
PF Randle - Achiuwa - TylerSmith
C Robinson - Hartenstein - Achiuwa
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#1385 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 am

TOR: Zach, Buzelis, Holland or Williams
IND: Salaun, Ware or Carrington
DET: Yang, Chomche or to pair with Dick - Dink Pate lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1386 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:38 am

PhilBlackson wrote:TOR: Zach, Buzelis, Holland or Williams

Who's better Yang or Cream Abdul-Jabbar?

Avila could be Matt Bonner 2.0 with better passing skills.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,284

Post#1387 » by PhilBlackson » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 am

Psubs wrote:

I'm taking Yang pretty easily. Hansen is actually in decent shape & has a strong build, not overweight lol also a good height.

But I wanna point out Dink Pate again as another prospect...the kid is ONLY 17 right now and turning 18 to maybe this year's "GG Jackson". To be that young with what looks like pretty decent skillset at 6'8 (who knows if he's done growing)...I'd take a flyer and let him develop in the G League for majority of the year and he could basically be like our "pick" next year.

>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,862

Post#1388 » by Thaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 am

Reed, Salaun, and Simpson would be a dream draft.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#1389 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Psubs wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:[x]
Read on Twitter
?s=20[/x]

Latest Wasserman mock for B/R

I disagree strongly on Salaun at 26 but he’s really sticking to his guns on that lol

Then we roll the dice and reach for Salaun with the Pacers pick. He needs more seasoning but he could top out at Blake Griffin 2.0. If he grows then Giannis with a 3pt shot.

Well this mock regarding the Raptors is what I've been thinking lately. Castle, Ware and Simpson. Maybe Olynyk plays some PF but maybe in a year if Ware pans out trade Poeltl.

PG IQ - Castle/Simpson
SG Dick - Castle - JFL
SF Barrett - Ochai - Dick
PF Barnes - Barrett/Boucher - Olynyk
C Poeltl - Olynyk - Ware

Salaun going lottery…I’m dying on that hill

Where's Nwora? We are not walking from him.

Boucher will be gone by camp.Book it.

I truly believe Salaun is going lottery. He won't go past 10.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1390 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

PhilBlackson wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I'm taking Yang pretty easily. Hansen is actually in decent shape & has a strong build, not overweight lol also a good height.

But I wanna point out Dink Pate again as another prospect...the kid is ONLY 17 right now and turning 18 to maybe this year's "GG Jackson". To be that young with what looks like pretty decent skillset at 6'8 (who knows if he's done growing)...I'd take a flyer and let him develop in the G League for majority of the year and he could basically be like our "pick" next year.

Ooooh, Pate looks like a more athletic Dalano Banton.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1391 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:Where's Nwora? We are not walking from him.

Boucher will be gone by camp.Book it.

I truly believe Salaun is going lottery. He won't go past 10.

Nwora is trash defensively. He gambled in the passing lane so Precious blew by him for the vicious dunk.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 552

Post#1392 » by grant101 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

Psubs wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Ooooh, Pate looks like a more athletic Dalano Banton.

I don't think Pate is eligible this year. Wonder what he does next year. NBL maybe?

Also, it's Yang easily over Avila (and I'm an Avila fan). Yang is one of the most intriguing prospect in this whole draft.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,717

Post#1393 » by Ell Curry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

Indiana made a lot of changes so maybe it wasn't his fault, but their defence went from okay (47th) to meh (73rd) in replacing Trayce Jackson-Davis with Ware at centre, which makes me nervous, since Jackson-Davis fell in the draft because he's too small to start at the 5 in the NBA. I guess it depends on if the kid is smart and a hard worker or he's an Ayton type who isn't going to communicate and play hard and run the defence.
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,717

Post#1394 » by Ell Curry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

Bruin wrote:Between Holland, Buzelis, Cody Williams im currently leaning towards Holland

I do really like Castle though. I think he can have a Jrue Holiday type career. Wish there was a way to come out of the draft with both Holland and Castle

I haven't seen Buzelis or Holland so won't comment but there was a couple possession stretch in Colorado's last game against Marqutte where an otherwise not so involved Cody Williams had a block, a 3 and a finish at the rim and it was like "oh okay this should be an NBA starting SF in a few years once he gets stronger."

I'd be excited if we kept our pick and got him.

Poeltl
Barnes
Cody Williams-Barrett
Dick
Quickley

and then draft a center and a guard the next 2 years in the lottery to fill out the rotation and we're in decent shape. Still have picks going forward to try to upgrade somewhere and no really ugly contracts, though obviously we'll be one of many teams looking to snake a star away for say Barrett + picks or Quickley + picks.

But yeah, he looked like a decent bet to look a bit dodgy for a couple years but then in 3-4 years you've got a 6'8, 220 SF who can do a bit of everything next to Barnes with solid depth around them. Also would help the tank next year to give a skinny kid 20-25 minutes a night.
Where's the D?
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,862

Post#1395 » by Thaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 am

It's Reed Sheppard or Cody Williams for me right now and I'm leaning towards Reed. He looks like a winning point guard that knows how to involve his teammates and help their game. What makes Fred VanVleet better than Sheppard? I doubt Sheppard's game tops out here either, he will improve as a pick and roll player and off ball. I can see him being an elite defensive player as he learns how to predict opposing plays. Just a very cerebral player.

Williams has the higher ceiling. He can create his own looks which is needed off our bench. He is even smaller than Gradey and would struggle at the NBA level. The body needs to improve and it's gonna take a while, not sure if we have that much patience.

I'd still prefer Reed. Solid player and ready right away. I think his athleticism should be comparable to a Fred, he can also become more stubby over time.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1396 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

Thaddy wrote:It's Reed Sheppard or Cody Williams for me right now and I'm leaning towards Reed. He looks like a winning point guard that knows how to involve his teammates and help their game. What makes Fred VanVleet better than Sheppard? I doubt Sheppard's game tops out here either, he will improve as a pick and roll player and off ball. I can see him being an elite defensive player as he learns how to predict opposing plays. Just a very cerebral player.

Williams has the higher ceiling. He can create his own looks which is needed off our bench. He is even smaller than Gradey and would struggle at the NBA level. The body needs to improve and it's gonna take a while, not sure if we have that much patience.

I'd still prefer Reed. Solid player and ready right away. I think his athleticism should be comparable to a Fred, he can also become more stubby over time.

I guess Cody's floor is like a taller Josh Richardson.

I agree that Reed is like a taller FVV. He likely finishes at the bucket better than FVV. Reed seems to be as sophomore age seems to be at least as good as FVV as an NBA rookie.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#1397 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

Ell Curry wrote:Indiana made a lot of changes so maybe it wasn't his fault, but their defence went from okay (47th) to meh (73rd) in replacing Trayce Jackson-Davis with Ware at centre, which makes me nervous, since Jackson-Davis fell in the draft because he's too small to start at the 5 in the NBA. I guess it depends on if the kid is smart and a hard worker or he's an Ayton type who isn't going to communicate and play hard and run the defence.

Maybe there were other players that left too?
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,449

Post#1398 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,627

Post#1399 » by Bruin » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Pate isn’t draft eligible this year
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,155

Post#1400 » by PoundTown » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

If hunter sailis is still on board at 31, I’d love to have him. 6,5” with 6’10” wingspan, plays both ways. Would fit in well with us.

Return to Toronto Raptors