ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Wrecked

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WhatsaTDot
RealGM
And1: 6,330

Re: PG: Wrecked 

Post#61 » by WhatsaTDot » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

WaltFrazier wrote:The number of Dick double entendres on the Knicks board GT is crazy, like more than any thread here

Cool.

This place is insufferable.
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,409

Post#62 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

Wise80 wrote:
C_Money wrote:
mrdressup wrote:I doubt Masai is even watching these games. Why are you? It's only worth a quick box score look.

Why are people still paying to attend the games live? Its mind boggling to me. This is not NBA caliber basketball.

Seriously. And that goes for cable as well. I pay stupid money for cable because I like my 4k raptors games and the ability to pause and record games and not have any lag/poor quality. It's literally the only reason why I have cable with rogers. I've been thinking for the last month that I don't need it and that I should cut the cord. I haven't even watched a minute of raptors ball in the last month or so. I don't know why I have it.

IPTV, haven’t had any issues with mine, sure it may lag here and there but for what you pay for it vs cable it’s honestly a no brainer. Cable in 2024 is a joke
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,549

Post#63 » by TheRaptor! » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

sbsat wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Look at the arena and the lack of people going to it

Not to mention some ticket prices plummeted to the $30s

The Raptors/NBA will make us a competitive team again soon enough, treadmill or not, the loss of revenue won't continue for much longer.

Mlse had the audacity to increase season ticket prices next year. Thats 10 straight years consecutive of increases for me. I finally tapped out. When i told them im out they didnt care... Theres a waiting list. I guess theres really nothing to do in toronto if ppl are lining up for this shi.t product

People lined up for a **** product

This is currently a fly infested steaming pile of **** product
sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,649

Post#64 » by sbsat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

TheRaptor! wrote:
sbsat wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Look at the arena and the lack of people going to it

Not to mention some ticket prices plummeted to the $30s

The Raptors/NBA will make us a competitive team again soon enough, treadmill or not, the loss of revenue won't continue for much longer.

Mlse had the audacity to increase season ticket prices next year. Thats 10 straight years consecutive of increases for me. I finally tapped out. When i told them im out they didnt care... Theres a waiting list. I guess theres really nothing to do in toronto if ppl are lining up for this shi.t product

People lined up for a **** product

This is currently a fly infested steaming pile of **** product

Lol agreed you would think given that they would free,e prices for a year. Not decrease em, freeeze prices. But nope friggin greedy idiots can never get enough
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#65 » by Yallbecrazy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Largest ass kicking at home in Raptors Franchise History lol

Largest ass kicking at home in franchise history so far.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,960

Post#66 » by Potential » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

At least the blow jays season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to watch our players underperform once again and get no hit once a month and struggle to score 1 run every other day while leaving 27 men on base grounding into a record setting 8.28 double plays per game led by VlaDPy and that slow fatass Kirk. With fragile ass Springer swininging and missing and falling to the ground then he's out for half the year. Only Bo knows. And our precious pitchers.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,650

Post#67 » by C_Money » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

Potential wrote:At least the blow jays season starts tomorrow. Can't wait to watch our players underperform once again and get no hit once a month and struggle to score 1 run every other day while leaving 27 men on base grounding into a record setting 8.28 double plays per game led by VlaDPy and that slow fatass Kirk. With fragile ass Springer swininging and missing and falling to the ground then he's out for half the year. Only Bo knows. And our precious pitchers.

At least nobody expects anything from them this year. With no pressure they might actually surprise us.
dafan590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,189

Post#68 » by dafan590 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

rarefind wrote:Someone needs to be fired if that pick doesn't belong to us after the lottery.

Decent shot we hand the Spurs a quick route to a dynasty all for Jakob Poeltl. Hindsight is everything but this deal was always going to break our backs.

No, we need to give away the pick this year, because next year's draft is better and deeper!
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#69 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am

TimeForChange wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Jesus, I can't believe the stupid crap I'm reading on the board now. We're literally fielding a G-League team, and people want to be critical. Here are the overt goals for the rest of the season:

1. Develop the legit young talent (Gradey and Ochai ... and Jontay if by some miracle he's not guilty)
2. Figure out if Gary can learn to play the right way and be worthy of a contract offer
3. Try to find some diamonds in the rough among the G-Leaguers
4. Try to increase the trade value of Bruce Brown.

That's it. That's the list. Every game thread and post-game thread should focus on these aspects of the game.

The unpublicized goal appears to be to lose out this season, at least until Memphis wins a few more games and separates themselves from us. I thought the intention might to convey the pick this year, but it doesn't look like it at this point.

so what was the excuse when Scottie/IQ/RJ/Poeltl were all playing?

why do other teams still put in effort when missing the majority of their team.

I know raptor fans only watch raptor games, but memphis was putting in effort when fielding a G-League team. The Knicks were putting in effort when fielding a G-League team.

why can the raptors not put in any effort?

1. Masai and Bobby have been pathetic
2. We have a G league coach
3. We lack talent
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#70 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

rarefind wrote:Someone needs to be fired if that pick doesn't belong to us after the lottery.

Decent shot we hand the Spurs a quick route to a dynasty all for Jakob Poeltl. Hindsight is everything but this deal was always going to break our backs.

Masai set the Franchise to be lottery bound now for years... great gm for Spurs...
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,862

Post#71 » by Thaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 am

Dick with 10-20lbs would be a better starter than Gary. He looks like he has more functional athleticism.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,469

Post#72 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

Kingsway_fan wrote:

Masai set the Franchise to be lottery bound now for years... great gm for Spurs...

4/5 starters aren't playing, lol. Remove 4/5 starters from any middling team and they become this bad. The team will obviously be much better next year with everyone healthy and another off-season of training under their belts.
RoteSchroder
Junior
And1: 205

Post#73 » by RoteSchroder » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am

TimeForChange wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Jesus, I can't believe the stupid crap I'm reading on the board now. We're literally fielding a G-League team, and people want to be critical. Here are the overt goals for the rest of the season:

1. Develop the legit young talent (Gradey and Ochai ... and Jontay if by some miracle he's not guilty)
2. Figure out if Gary can learn to play the right way and be worthy of a contract offer

That's it. That's the list. Every game thread and post-game thread should focus on these aspects of the game.

The unpublicized goal appears to be to lose out this season, at least until Memphis wins a few more games and separates themselves from us. I thought the intention might to convey the pick this year, but it doesn't look like it at this point.

6-5 when healthy, what's the problem?

TimeForChange wrote:why do other teams still put in effort when missing the majority of their team.

Most teams aren't tanking and playing 3-5 G-league players that just got called up. Even Detroit really wants to win, whereas our G-league players are focused on under performing so they can place bets and win some pocket change.

This is a league that's heavily reliant on rim protectors to anchor your team's defense. Which one of these defensive studs did you have your hopes on?

Olynyk - a bench player who has been a poor interior defender for his entire career

Dick - rookie drafted for his shooting, everyone knows he needs to work on defense

GTJr - probably the best defender in the rotation

Brown - undersized scrub who has his heart set on higher ambitions and was a part of the worst defensive team in the league

Nwora - two teams gave up on him because he was a lost cause on D

McDaniels - you're probably mad that Darko isn't playing him more

Temple - 37 year old who has barely played this year

Rest of the rotation from the G-league.

Name a single player you think is a defensive stud.

TimeForChange wrote:I know raptor fans only watch raptor games, but memphis was putting in effort when fielding a G-League team. The Knicks were putting in effort when fielding a G-League team.

You high or something? You're really comparing our best defender, GTJr, to Jaren Jackson Jr, a DPOY candidate? GTJr is about the 6th best defender in Memphis's G-league line-up. Memphis' worst defender is probably a top 2 defender on this Raptors rotation. Grizzlies also just gave up 136 to the Lakers with both Desmond Bane and JJJ on the court. omg, what kind of culture are they setting over there?

Knicks are going for playoffs. They featured zero G-league call ups and had Precious and iHart at PF/C. Precious being known for his defense, but dumb on-ball offense. iHart being an elite rim protector and contributing to the Knick's defensive turnaround prior to injuries. Why don't you ask why a Thibodeau team was sucking so much defensively before the OG trade + iHart replacing Mitchell? What kind of culture was he setting?

Which other developing teams are worse defensively? Cause SA, Utah, Washington, Detroit, Charlotte, Atlanta, Indiana are also trash on D, most of those teams being worse than the Raptors. Pops has Wemby, what's his excuse? SA needs to fire his overrated ass and hire Kevin O'Neill
ill-Will03
Rookie
And1: 1,409

Post#74 » by ill-Will03 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am

RoteSchroder wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:

6-5 when healthy, what's the problem?

TimeForChange wrote:why do other teams still put in effort when missing the majority of their team.

Most teams aren't tanking and playing 3-5 G-league players that just got called up. Even Detroit really wants to win, whereas our G-league players are focused on under performing so they can place bets and win some pocket change.

This is a league that's heavily reliant on rim protectors to anchor your team's defense. Which one of these defensive studs did you have your hopes on?

Olynyk - a bench player who has been a poor interior defender for his entire career

Dick - rookie drafted for his shooting, everyone knows he needs to work on defense

GTJr - probably the best defender in the rotation

Brown - undersized scrub who has his heart set on higher ambitions and was a part of the worst defensive team in the league

Nwora - two teams gave up on him because he was a lost cause on D

McDaniels - you're probably mad that Darko isn't playing him more

Temple - 37 year old who has barely played this year

Rest of the rotation from the G-league.

Name a single player you think is a defensive stud.

TimeForChange wrote:I know raptor fans only watch raptor games, but memphis was putting in effort when fielding a G-League team. The Knicks were putting in effort when fielding a G-League team.

You high or something? You're really comparing our best defender, GTJr, to Jaren Jackson Jr, a DPOY candidate? GTJr is about the 6th best defender in Memphis's G-league line-up. Memphis' worst defender is probably a top 2 defender on this Raptors rotation. Grizzlies also just gave up 136 to the Lakers with both Desmond Bane and JJJ on the court. omg, what kind of culture are they setting over there?

Knicks are going for playoffs. They featured zero G-league call ups and had Precious and iHart at PF/C. Precious being known for his defense, but dumb on-ball offense. iHart being an elite rim protector and contributing to the Knick's defensive turnaround prior to injuries. Why don't you ask why a Thibodeau team was sucking so much defensively before the OG trade + iHart replacing Mitchell? What kind of culture was he setting?

Which other developing teams are worse defensively? Cause SA, Utah, Washington, Detroit, Charlotte, Atlanta, Indiana are also trash on D, most of those teams being worse than the Raptors. Pops has Wemby, what's his excuse? SA needs to fire his overrated ass and hire Kevin O'Neill

Well considering Memphis was also without JJJ and still putting up better performances does kinda invalidate your point. At the end of the day a loss like this is inexcusable. If you’re an NBA team there needs to be basic things you expect, like effort. Thag doesn’t take defensive instincts or any skill to do. A 44 point loss at home should never happen no matter the circumstances. Tanking or not this was embarrassing
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#75 » by TheDunc » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

The product on the court is awful, the coaching has been pretty bad this year apart from getting players to move the ball on offense BUT anybody who thinks that losing Barnes, Quickley, Barrett and Poetl wouldn't result in a lot of losing is fooling themselves.

This team will be better next year if that group can stay healthy but until Darko shows he has a good defensive gameplan then this team will most likely be a play in team at best
Green Backpack
Head Coach
And1: 3,280

Post#76 » by Green Backpack » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

We are so so bad.. but at least it's good personal development for Dick right now.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#77 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

Man...the whining here is insane.

Most of the guys playing right now likely won't be back next season. This is a roster and team in transition. Relax ffs

I know, I know...they should have started last year.
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,328

Post#78 » by Shakril » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

ForeverTFC wrote:I bet you they're going to bring back IQ or Barrett for a win or two here. This has to be really embarrassing. These are the types of lineups the Sixers were running out there during the process.

Thats one of the reasons tanking doesnt work. You set a losing culture and demoralize your young players. They will want out as soon as possible. Its not something you can change with the push of a button. Once you are in that territory, its difficult to come out of it, without a major overhaul. (that includes not just players, but also manager, coaches, staff etc.)

Also it is a difference if you are losing while competing (Spurs) or if you are getting trounched every game.

In the first case, Prospects are playing hard and can learn from their mistakes. They learn the little things that decide a loss or win and they know, that the coach wont sub them out just to lose games.

If you play like the Raptors are doing now, you learn nothing. Players know they arent part of anything in the future and Management doesnt believe in them. Of course they will have 0 Motivation to sacrifice anything for a team like that. They will just look out for themselves and try to showcase in hope to get to another team that actually wants to win games. And that is the athmosphere where every Rookie that comes to the Raptors will be thrown in.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 980

Post#79 » by NowWHYcee7 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Knicks fan here. Just wanted to say I'm absolutely amazed at Gradey's shooting ability. Not too many players in the league aside from Curry where you are actually surprised when they miss.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Post#80 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm

Shakril wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:I bet you they're going to bring back IQ or Barrett for a win or two here. This has to be really embarrassing. These are the types of lineups the Sixers were running out there during the process.

Thats one of the reasons tanking doesnt work. You set a losing culture and demoralize your young players. They will want out as soon as possible. Its not something you can change with the push of a button. Once you are in that territory, its difficult to come out of it, without a major overhaul. (that includes not just players, but also manager, coaches, staff etc.)

Also it is a difference if you are losing while competing (Spurs) or if you are getting trounched every game.

In the first case, Prospects are playing hard and can learn from their mistakes. They learn the little things that decide a loss or win and they know, that the coach wont sub them out just to lose games.

If you play like the Raptors are doing now, you learn nothing. Players know they arent part of anything in the future and Management doesnt believe in them. Of course they will have 0 Motivation to sacrifice anything for a team like that. They will just look out for themselves and try to showcase in hope to get to another team that actually wants to win games. And that is the athmosphere where every Rookie that comes to the Raptors will be thrown in.

How’d that work out with SGA and OKC? How is Dick’s development going in this cess pool? Funny you use the Spurs as your example of proper tanking when they’ve been awful for almost 3 years now and got a generational talent for their efforts, and yes they were trounced plenty of times in the last 2 years.

These narratives people spin are wild.

The key is communication with players and laying out management’s plan. If there is no plan in place or after 3-4 years of tanking to have a worse record, then that is a real significant problem.

The Raptors are literally 3 months into a full on rebuild. They are awful because they already lacked depth and the team is missing 4 starters.

The looking out for themselves bit is hilarity personified. They literally just spent the last 4 years with the “bet on yourself” mentality. How did that work out?

Return to Toronto Raptors