ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,830

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#641 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:51 am

Lebron 2 straight turnovers
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,516

Post#642 » by mtcan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:59 am

I'm pretty sure the Lakers are shook after Jamal Murray stole their souls in game 2. Lakers are cooked.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#643 » by C_Money » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 am

ESPN’s gonna have nothing to talk about with the Lakers and Warriors out.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,639

Post#644 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 am

Couldn't be happier watching lebron get outclassed and swept back2back
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#645 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 am

Knicks board saying momentum is building on social media to get the league to look at Embiid's ankle grab. Not sure since I'm not on Twitter or Reddit or whatever. Hard to imagine a suspension in the series but we'll see. Many here often talked about his reckless flopping causing injuries, but this was the most intentional I've seen. He has to know Robinson had ankle surgery this year too.

Read on Twitter
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,774

Post#646 » by Grew » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Knicks board saying momentum is building on social media to get the league to look at Embiid's ankle grab. Not sure since I'm not on Twitter or Reddit or whatever. Hard to imagine a suspension in the series but we'll see. Many here often talked about his reckless flopping causing injuries, but this was the most intentional I've seen. He has to know Robinson had ankle surgery this year too.

Read on Twitter

I've never seen that. He should have been ejected plain and simple. Intentional, dangerous play out of frustration, no regard for human life.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,344

Post#647 » by JB7 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 am

Grew wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Knicks board saying momentum is building on social media to get the league to look at Embiid's ankle grab. Not sure since I'm not on Twitter or Reddit or whatever. Hard to imagine a suspension in the series but we'll see. Many here often talked about his reckless flopping causing injuries, but this was the most intentional I've seen. He has to know Robinson had ankle surgery this year too.

Read on Twitter

I've never seen that. He should have been ejected plain and simple. Intentional, dangerous play out of frustration, no regard for human life.

I can’t stand Embiid. He does this crap all the time, and then wines about everything.

I so hope the Knicks crush them the next 2 games.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,598

Post#648 » by mdenny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:06 am

JB7 wrote:
Grew wrote:

Read on Twitter

I can’t stand Embiid. He does this crap all the time, and then wines about everything.

There were also two low blows to the groin that both looked semi-intentional. So easy to loathe that guy.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,084

Post#649 » by mihaic » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:32 am

JB7 wrote:
Grew wrote:

Read on Twitter

Pascal did the same thing to Embiid, during our past playoffs. He got t'd and that was that
Grew
Rookie
And1: 1,774

Post#650 » by Grew » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 am

mihaic wrote:
JB7 wrote:
Grew wrote:I've never seen that. He should have been ejected plain and simple. Intentional, dangerous play out of frustration, no regard for human life.

Pascal did the same thing to Embiid, during our past playoffs. He got t'd and that was that

Not even close. He stuck his leg out for a little trip. Pulling down on both legs when someone is jumping and your laying on the ground is on another level. Another contextual difference was, embiid flopped to the ground, pascal got mugged to the ground.
Wise80
Senior
And1: 555

Post#651 » by Wise80 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 am

JB7 wrote:
Grew wrote:

Read on Twitter

He's such a loser. All because he didn't get the foul call on the offensive end. He whines all the way down the court and when the Knicks setup in the half court. Then he flops thinking he'll get the call because of his whining. He doesn't and then makes a dirty play, and as soon as Robinson falls, he throws him off of him.

He's such a little bitch. Somebody just needs to "fall" into his legs and he's out for the next 6 months.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,168

Post#652 » by MiamiSPX » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:00 pm

Not to defend him but a detail that needs to be pointed out is that the leg he grabbed is not the one Mitch has been constantly injuring. Josh Hart also seemed to imply that this play is not what led to Robinson's injury.

Having said that, Embiid is a bitch and deserves whatever happens to him. I can't stand the way he plays basketball.

Watching these 2 fanbases go at it on the GB has been funny though. Easily the 2 most delusional fanbases.
earth007
Junior
And1: 599

Post#653 » by earth007 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:55 pm

I don't think I have ever disliked a player as much as I dislike Embiid. He was trying to injure people all game, and he wonders why karma bites him back every year. I don't wish injuries on anyone, but Embiid is due for another one very soon. Go Knicks and fk the Sixers.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,192

Post#654 » by Tofubeque » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm

Maybe I’d be pissed if Embiid grabbed at a Raptor like Scottie like that… but as a neutral observer, there’s not much force there, and it didn’t cause the injury. Knicks fans asking for an upgrade or suspension are just hoping the cops will help them in the series. He’s made of glass and has 1 good eye, how about beat him on the court.
props Turbozone
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,168

Post#655 » by MiamiSPX » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 pm

Tofubeque wrote:Maybe I’d be pissed if Embiid grabbed at a Raptor like Scottie like that… but as a neutral observer, there’s not much force there, and it didn’t cause the injury. Knicks fans asking for an upgrade or suspension are just hoping the cops will help them in the series. He’s made of glass and has 1 good eye, how about beat him on the court.

Not 1 person from the Knicks has claimed that is where Robinsons was injured, because it wasn't. It's only their fans, and people who hate Embiid, saying that. I despise Embiid but that isn't where Robinson re-aggravated his injury.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#656 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:09 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
Tofubeque wrote:Maybe I’d be pissed if Embiid grabbed at a Raptor like Scottie like that… but as a neutral observer, there’s not much force there, and it didn’t cause the injury. Knicks fans asking for an upgrade or suspension are just hoping the cops will help them in the series. He’s made of glass and has 1 good eye, how about beat him on the court.

Not 1 person from the Knicks has claimed that is where Robinsons was injured, because it wasn't. It's only their fans, and people who hate Embiid, saying that. I despise Embiid but that isn't where Robinson re-aggravated his injury.

He was limping more noticeably after the floor pull, it had some effect. Then he aggravated it further on another questionable Embiid contact.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#657 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:12 pm

It's not about force. It's about another 7 footer as heavy as Embiid, jumping in close quarters, being vulnerable. Guys get hurt stepping on a foot in those situations, but a guy on the floor intentionally grabbing and twisting/ pushing on his ankle is a dangerous and dirty play.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,651

Post#658 » by Mr Funk » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:It's such a joy watching Nurse manage a competitive team in the playoffs. He's always excelled at game planning, especially in terms of taking away his opponents' top offensive option. His scheme is working well on Brunson so far (4/11 atm), will be interesting to see how it holds.

It will be such a joy watching Nurse lose :lol:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,958

Post#659 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm

gbball wrote:Imagine Portland had just traded for Siakam to pair him with Dame...that would have been a solid team.

How did so many teams miss the boat on Siakam?

So many teams missed out.

Warriors - Curry/Siakam/Dray/Klay

Kings - Fox/Siakam/Sabonis

Cavs - Mitchell/Garland/Siakam/Allen
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,344

Post#660 » by JB7 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:17 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
gbball wrote:Imagine Portland had just traded for Siakam to pair him with Dame...that would have been a solid team.

How did so many teams miss the boat on Siakam?

So many teams missed out.

Warriors - Curry/Siakam/Dray/Klay

Kings - Fox/Siakam/Sabonis

Cavs - Mitchell/Garland/Siakam/Allen

The reason none of the options above happened is because of the financial impact of adding Siakam. So few teams were willing to take on that financial commitment with Siakam, that Indy could, because they only have to pay Hali next season. Impact of the new CBA at play.

Return to Toronto Raptors