ImageImageImageImageImage

Was Embiid dirty tonight?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,930

Re: Was Embiid dirty tonight? 

Post#61 » by Jakay » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:22 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:If the refs are going to let him play like that, he'd be dumb not to

This is it right here. Blame the refs, not Embiid, he just wants to win.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 564

Post#62 » by linery88 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:31 pm

Embid is as close to being a dirty player as you can get without getting called on it.
When he flails his elbows he should be called on it.If he does get called on it he will crumble,and start to whine,and it will throw him off his game.Its no wonder Barnes was still pissed,and went after Maxey when Embid tried to screen him.I think a lot of players are sick ,and tired of how Embid plays with his elbows flailing.
I,d like to see our guys start trash talking him about his elbows if it happens again.Get in his face,and complain about it,or complain to the refs about it.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,250

Post#63 » by Childs » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:30 pm

Alot of you guys sound like this girl
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 434

Post#64 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:31 pm

This is just an incredible history of incidents for Embiid.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,290

Post#65 » by ruckus » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm

I opened the thread thinking it was about the Knicks game. Nope, it's from 2 years ago.

Never change WebEmbiid. Never change.

Where's Oak and Mase when you need them?
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,011

Post#66 » by kalel123 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 pm

He is the only player in the entire league at the moment that I actively wish he would have career-ending injury and be put out to pasture with his dirty antics. Saw the highlights of last night's game and I feel pretty confident I'm not wrong in wishing that. It's really too bad because he's way too talented to be behaving this way.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,707

Post#67 » by Clay Davis » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:55 pm

kalel123 wrote:He is the only player in the entire league at the moment that I actively wish he would have career-ending injury and be put out to pasture with his dirty antics. Saw the highlights of last night's game and I feel pretty confident I'm not wrong in wishing that. It's really too bad because he's way too talented to be behaving this way.

It's sad since he's extremely talented but the pressure to win at all costs has led him to think he needs to be the villain. He has lost his rizz. Apparently the Bells Palsy is psychosomatic?!?
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,518

Post#68 » by mtcan » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:33 pm

That is definitely a dirty play and if Robinson has to miss any time then Joel should be suspended. Adam Silver doesn't have the balls to suspend him during this series because his ratings would be affected unfortunately.

And ya...it seems like every year he has a new medical related excuse for wrapping out in the playoffs. The year we beat them he supposedly had food poisoning. A couple of years later he was poked in the eye by Pascal. This year it's Bells Palsy.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,898

Post#69 » by deeps6x » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
kalel123 wrote:He is the only player in the entire league at the moment that I actively wish he would have career-ending injury and be put out to pasture with his dirty antics. Saw the highlights of last night's game and I feel pretty confident I'm not wrong in wishing that. It's really too bad because he's way too talented to be behaving this way.

It's sad since he's extremely talented but the pressure to win at all costs has led him to think he needs to be the villain. He has lost his rizz. Apparently the Bells Palsy is psychosomatic?!?

Its triggered by HPV.

I love how Clay works 'rizz' into every post.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,606

Post#70 » by 2019nbachamps » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

That was 100% a dirty play and he’s lucky the officials/league didn’t throw the book at him. Draymond stomped on Sabonis for something similar and got a lighter punishment because of that argument. Embiid was emotional on that play because he thought he got fouled and was out of control.

Embiid has a history of intentional and unintentional reckless behaviour. He also flopped a few years ago which led to undercutting his teammate Danny Green and blowing out his knee.
adubmac
Junior
And1: 660

Post#71 » by adubmac » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 pm

A weak mind leads to weak actions. Embiid flops for calls, whines for MVP votes, and throws teammates under the bus after losses and that is why he will never lead his team to a championship.
holy wack unlyrical lyrics
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Clay Davis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:16 am

deeps6x wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:

Its triggered by HPV.

I love how Clay works 'rizz' into every post.

Thank you brother. I've been dedicated to this movement and to growing it for the past year or so and I'm not going to stop now I've had a lot of opposition but I've never let it deter me. I just want to make a difference and to grow so that other people can feel comfortable expressing their rizz and their inner character. I do a lot of meditation, mindfulness, yoga, etc.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
DangerZone13
Senior
And1: 685

Post#73 » by DangerZone13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 pm

Admittedly an incredibly talented player, but he's also a whiny, cheap-shotting, spoiled and entitled child. He followed up this game littered with dirty tactics by essentially calling out the blue-collar Philly fans for white collar New Yorkers buying up playoff seats in Philly.

I like the core of his game, but everything outside the pure basketball stuff makes him my least favourite player in the league, and I truly look forward to the day he retires. Ideally ringless.
:banghead: "Calling out trolls" by quoting them makes YOU part of the problem to those wise enough to use the Ignore button. Please don't add to board pollution.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,178

Post#74 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:00 pm

he didn't take a shower, so ya.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#75 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm

Dirty play again Sunday. Happened just before a review of a separate play between Hart and Lowry. No review. Adam Silver in the crowd, but will they review it better games and do something? Not for Embiid, other players they would.

Read on Twitter
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 778

Post#76 » by mulamutti » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:He's not dirty he's just a fat flopper that puts himself and others in danger

He's definitely not just a flopper. He entirely knows what he's doing. When he falls towards someone, he doubles down on his sloppiness and lands on people. He makes no effort to avoid a player or an injury to a player. He doesn't even show remorse. He usually just acts like he is the victim and someone fell on him.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#77 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
KL78192020 wrote:
This is where the having 5 guys that are 6'8 theory kinda fails. Against some teams you need a true big man like we did in 2019 in Gasol. Most other teams it wouldn't matter, but in this case it does going up against possibly the best big in the league for the next 5 years might be an issue.

Yup, the top 3 MVP candidates are all physical specimens in their own way and require some sort of size to deter. Jokic, Embiid and Giannis aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Yup. He shouldn't trim his own game. He's a competitor and this ain't rec league.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using RealGM mobile app

Without the term rizz, this post lacks rizz.

Edit - I see now this post was from 2022 the pre rizz era.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,592

Post#78 » by plainballing » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:18 am

His dad retired, so he can do whatever he wants now. We need Gasol back in the NBA.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by Clay Davis » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:49 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Yup, the top 3 MVP candidates are all physical specimens in their own way and require some sort of size to deter. Jokic, Embiid and Giannis aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Yup. He shouldn't trim his own game. He's a competitor and this ain't rec league.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using RealGM mobile app

Without the term rizz, this post lacks rizz.

Edit - I see now this post was from 2022 the pre rizz era.

People bring up my past to try to discredit me but I try not to let CANCEL CULTURE defeat my rizz. CANCEL CULTURE will never win! We will defeat it! You and me!
will
RealGM
And1: 49,666
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#80 » by will » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 am

When is JoJo not dirty?

Everyone would want him on their squad.

Return to Toronto Raptors