ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,383

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 

Post#1781 » by ItsDanger » Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
sidsid wrote:OKC is a team that could absolutely contend to win it all, and Presti passing on the deadline for an obvious need when all you need is help on the edges is indefensible. Really loving those Hayward minutes there.

Read on Twitter
?t=Uk2IZjnnnNgyYkNfIlNJAQ&s=19

It's mind boggling that he essentially stood pat, especially with their war chest.

There's something to be said about forcing your core to experience it themselves. They need more to get to next level. Series isn't over yet though.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,726

Post#1782 » by C_Money » Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 am

I had Josh Giddey on my fantasy team and I concur that he kinda sucks. He was a starter but didn’t play starter minutes.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,893

Post#1783 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 12:05 am

ForeverTFC wrote:OKC definitely needs a C. I think they’ll go after Jarrett Allen though.

Allen would cost the Thunder much more to trade for imo, but the Thunder definitely have the assets.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,666

Post#1784 » by djsunyc » Sun May 12, 2024 12:52 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:OKC definitely needs a C. I think they’ll go after Jarrett Allen though.

Allen would cost the Thunder much more to trade for imo, but the Thunder definitely have the assets.

knicks' hartenstein is a UFA - does okc have cap space to throw the bag at him?
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1785 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 12:56 am

djsunyc wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

They absolutely do

Thunder will have anywhere from $35-40m in cap space

Could also take Mitchell Robinson off Knicks books too

Thunder will have lots of options
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,944

Post#1786 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 12, 2024 1:03 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

They absolutely do

I think they would want a lob threat if they were to bring in a 5 which is why I'm not sure they'd pursue Hartenstein (same with Poeltl). Mitchell Robinson is another good target if NY is willing to move him, though I'm not sure why they would given how good his contract is - they have him for 2 more years and it's declining!
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#1787 » by djsunyc » Sun May 12, 2024 1:07 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

They absolutely do

I think they would want a lob threat if they were to bring in a 5 which is why I'm not sure they'd pursue Hartenstein (same with Poeltl). Mitchell Robinson is another good target if NY is willing to move him, though I'm not sure why they would given how good his contract is - they have him for 2 more years and it's declining!

knicks have to pay og + hartenstein which may cost them around $50 mil a year so they may want to make a choice and only keep one of their centers.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1788 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 1:11 am

djsunyc wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
They absolutely do

knicks have to pay og + hartenstein which may cost them around $50 mil a year so they may want to make a choice and only keep one of their centers.

Exactly

Mitchell should also have “fragile: handle with care” tattooed somewhere in plain sight at this point too
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Post#1789 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 1:16 am

sidsid wrote:Giddy is killing the Thunder. They made the adjustment last game to not start him in the 3rd, and now making the mistake to start him again.

This is like Nurse with Gasol on Embiid. The problem is obvious and the coaching is actively hurting the team, especially when you have like 4 options to go to.

Gasol who held Embiid to 0 points one game? Nothing to do with Giddy, but I don't get your analogy.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#1790 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 1:20 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Exactly

Mitchell should also have “fragile: handle with care” tattooed somewhere in plain sight at this point too

Knicks aren't looking only to unload contracts, they want to add talent. They're in win now mode next year. Moving Mitchell Robinson would have to be part of a deal that brought back a good return.
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#1791 » by djsunyc » Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am

with complete hindsight, a good trade for both teams would've been fred + pascal for garland + mobley 2 years ago.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1792 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 1:27 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Exactly

Knicks aren't looking only to unload contracts, they want to add talent. They're in win now mode next year. Moving Mitchell Robinson would have to be part of a deal that brought back a good return.

A TPE and picks could also help add talent

The firsts they have right now, besides their own, are not likely to hold much value.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#1793 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 12, 2024 2:09 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Exactly

Exactly. And he only makes 14m next year, 12m the following. Does moving Robinson really do anything for their cap situation?

Hartenstein is probably more likely to move if someone throws that bag at him but Im not sure he fits OKC. Also heard on a pod he may take a 1 year deal and then get his big deal from Knicks.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1794 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Exactly

Exactly. And he only makes 14m next year, 12m the following. Does moving Robinson really do anything for their cap situation?

Hartenstein is probably more likely to move if someone throws that bag at him but Im not sure he fits OKC. Also heard on a pod he may take a 1 year deal and then get his big deal from Knicks.

$14m does nothing for their cap situation but it could make a huge difference for their tax situation

Also his injury history and frequency is another major issue.
ForeverTFC
RealGM

Post#1795 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 12, 2024 2:21 am

ArthurVandelay wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Knicks aren't looking only to unload contracts, they want to add talent. They're in win now mode next year. Moving Mitchell Robinson would have to be part of a deal that brought back a good return.

$14m does nothing for their cap situation but it could make a huge difference for their tax situation

Sure, but is that worth dumping him into cap space for nothing (the only way they would save the money)? Why not just move on from Precious for example or waive Bogdanovic’s non guaranteed $20m? Feels odd that they would just dump a guy they start when they can easily create cap with guys Thibs rarely plays.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#1796 » by Los_29 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:28 am

Holmgren is a strange one. I remember watching highlights of this guy in high school and he was beating people off the dribble. I thought the guy would be super versatile but he really struggles beating people off the dribble in the NBA. Great shooter, good passer and elite shot blocker. That alone is very important but his offensive potential is limited if he can't be more of a creator.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,988

Post#1797 » by Los_29 » Sun May 12, 2024 2:43 am

Mitchell can get hot and knock down a bunch of shots but his style is horrible and is not conducive to winning. No doubt he will win you some games but he will lose you some games as well.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#1798 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun May 12, 2024 3:01 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Sure, but is that worth dumping him into cap space for nothing (the only way they would save the money)? Why not just move on from Precious for example or waive Bogdanovic’s non guaranteed $20m? Feels odd that they would just dump a guy they start when they can easily create cap with guys Thibs rarely plays.

Since his return from injury he was not starting. Hartenstein took over. And now he is injured again.

So many variables we are not privy to. Maybe they want to keep the larger Bogdonovic expiring contract? Maybe they want future picks for Robinson? Maybe they want to keep Precious instead of Robinson?

I am speculating that if OKC is looking for a big C, Robinson could be a guy available. If Hartenstein walks, then clearly Robinson goes nowhere…except probably the IL.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#1799 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 4:11 am

ForeverTFC wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Exactly

Yeah I think iHart wants to stay and they want him
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,548

Post#1800 » by bballsparkin » Sun May 12, 2024 5:02 am

mdenny wrote:
If OG was capable of "hitting the right pass" then his career assist numbers would be better lol.

Crazy that Pascal gets so much hate around here and he's actually a guy who DOES make the right pass.

Pascal makes the right pass. But his defence is not OG's. And I never mentioned Pascal. Both gonna be overpaid. I'd rather have OG but that's my personal prefrence. Not worth stressing about either. Both had their chance and neither was a game changer.

Top 4 tomorrow yes please. Pascal, Fred, OG,... see yah.

Return to Toronto Raptors