ImageImageImageImageImage

Team Canada Basketball Thread V4.0

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Re: Team Canada Basketball Thread V4.0 

Post#321 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 4:23 am

Why is there a GLeague combine when the GLeague is folding.?
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
rapsfanz420
Junior
And1: 293

Post#322 » by rapsfanz420 » Sun May 12, 2024 4:37 am

WaltFrazier wrote:Why is there a GLeague combine when the GLeague is folding.?

I thought it was just the Gleague Ignite(NBA owned team) folding, not the whole league.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#323 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun May 12, 2024 5:03 am

rapsfanz420 wrote:

I thought it was just the Gleague Ignite(NBA owned team) folding, not the whole league.

What this person said.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#324 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 7:19 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
rapsfanz420 wrote:

What this person said.

D'oh. Wasn't thinking straight
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,802

Post#325 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun May 12, 2024 7:20 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
rapsfanz420 wrote:

What this person said.

All good we forgive you! :)
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#326 » by WaltFrazier » Sun May 12, 2024 8:50 pm

Nembhard has to go to Paris right? SGA Murray NAW and Nembhard is a solid 4 guard rotation
BilboBanginz
Pro Prospect
And1: 660

Post#327 » by BilboBanginz » Mon May 13, 2024 1:22 pm

Read on Twitter
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,518

Post#328 » by aminiaturebuddha » Mon May 13, 2024 1:54 pm

BilboBanginz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good to see that Murray is still talking as if he'll be on the team this summer. I really hope he gets enough time after the season for his calf to heal.
BilboBanginz
Pro Prospect

Post#329 » by BilboBanginz » Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 pm

Jesus

Read on Twitter
TheFutureMM
Rookie
And1: 959

Post#330 » by TheFutureMM » Tue May 14, 2024 8:01 pm

BilboBanginz wrote:Jesus

Read on Twitter

Zach's measurements always blow me away. Probably a legit 7'5 in shoes with a massive wingspan. People always roast him for his mobility, but for for 7'5, he's relatively agile.

There likely is a place for him in the league if he can hit 3s at the clip that he's hitting them at in the combine - that's going to be the #1 thing to be on the lookout for when he starts playing in Summer League. Jonas like potential for him if he can hit 1-2 a game.

Miami in the mid-teens would be a fantastic landing spot for him.
BilboBanginz
Pro Prospect

Post#331 » by BilboBanginz » Thu May 16, 2024 12:04 pm

The Boomers are in our group. Young squad with with a lack of front court depth.

Read on Twitter
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach

Post#332 » by aminiaturebuddha » Thu May 16, 2024 2:02 pm

BilboBanginz wrote:The Boomers are in our group. Young squad with with a lack of front court depth.

Read on Twitter

We'll obviously have to see what the final Canadian roster looks like, but I like our chances against Australia. Front court depth is our biggest weakness as well, but they likely won't be able to take advantage of it very much (although I didn't know about Duop Reath's Australia connection - I thought he was from South Sudan). And I think Canada just has more firepower on the wings and in the backcourt.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 13,337

Post#333 » by Chuck Everett » Fri May 17, 2024 3:55 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
rapsfanz420 wrote:

What this person said.

All 30 teams will have G-League squads beginning next season. One of the reasons the Ignite is folding (and the League isn't publically saying this) is because when Vegas gets their expansion team, their G-League team will be playing in the same arena the Ignite were playing in, in Henderson, NV.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#334 » by WaltFrazier » Fri May 17, 2024 4:26 am

BilboBanginz wrote:The Boomers are in our group. Young squad with with a lack of front court depth.

Read on Twitter

Must be nice to just be able to just name your team, with all the best guys except Simmons. While Basketball Canada has to tiptoe around waiting and hoping certain guys will be willing to play.
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach

Post#335 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri May 17, 2024 12:53 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

Must be nice to just be able to just name your team, with all the best guys except Simmons. While Basketball Canada has to tiptoe around waiting and hoping certain guys will be willing to play.

To be fair, only 3 of those guys are still playing and none are playing the kind of minutes where they're going to need to think about taking a long break. Green is playing about 15-20 minutes off the bench, Giddey has been down to about 12-13 minutes this series, and Exum is barely playing at all.

On the other hand, Murray is playing with a sore calf and is his team's second most important player, SGA is his team's main guy, and Dort, NAW and Nembhard are all playing significant roles for their teams. Also, Edey is going through the draft process and who knows what the team that drafts him will want him to do.

But overall, I obviously agree with the sentiment. We all know the issues that Team Canada has had in the past at getting guys to commit and waiting until the last possible moment to announce rosters.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,983

Post#336 » by Merit » Sun May 19, 2024 11:01 pm

aminiaturebuddha wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

Read on Twitter

To be fair, only 3 of those guys are still playing and none are playing the kind of minutes where they're going to need to think about taking a long break. Green is playing about 15-20 minutes off the bench, Giddey has been down to about 12-13 minutes this series, and Exum is barely playing at all.

On the other hand, Murray is playing with a sore calf and is his team's second most important player, SGA is his team's main guy, and Dort, NAW and Nembhard are all playing significant roles for their teams. Also, Edey is going through the draft process and who knows what the team that drafts him will want him to do.

But overall, I obviously agree with the sentiment. We all know the issues that Team Canada has had in the past at getting guys to commit and waiting until the last possible moment to announce rosters.

Cheering for Minny so Jamal gets some rest.
I believe in Masai.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#337 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 20, 2024 1:37 am

Merit wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:Must be nice to just be able to just name your team, with all the best guys except Simmons. While Basketball Canada has to tiptoe around waiting and hoping certain guys will be willing to play.

Not looking so good now. But yeah if Murray and SGA are resting now they'll be well ready for Paris. NAW and Nembhard can play longer, no worries. At least I hope Nembhard is named to the team, that's 4 solid NBA guards Inc two stars.
Merit
Head Coach
And1: 2,983

Post#338 » by Merit » Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 am

WaltFrazier wrote:
Merit wrote:
aminiaturebuddha wrote:

Not looking so good now. But yeah if Murray and SGA are resting now they'll be well ready for Paris. NAW and Nembhard can play longer, no worries. At least I hope Nembhard is named to the team, that's 4 solid NBA guards Inc two stars.

Shai, Jamal - we’re only missing wiggins
I believe in Masai.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,746

Post#339 » by DG88 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:34 am

Jamal is onboard
https://www.tsn.ca/denver-nuggets-jamal-murray-to-represent-canada-at-olympic-games-in-paris-1.2123258?tsn-amp

Denver Nuggets guard Jamal Murray is planning on representing Canada at the Olympic Games in Paris this summer.

Murray shared the news at a post game press conference after the Nuggets were eliminated from by the Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 7 of the second round.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,910

Post#340 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 am

Got tixs to see one game in Lille France , qualifying round, Canada...

Shai, Jamal Murray, Barrett,... best team ever fielded by Canada .. high expectations.... excited.

Wonder who the remaining spots will be.
NEMBHART, Wiggins, ???? Bigs?

Return to Toronto Raptors