ImageImageImageImageImage

Siakam trade for basically nothing is now showing its effect

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,772

Re: Siakam trade for basically nothing is now showing its effect 

Post#1121 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Sun May 12, 2024 1:54 pm

We still debating Siakam here?

When a 19 year old that played on the 2nd worst team in the league this year tells an interviewer that Siakam is the most overrated player he has had to defend it speaks volumes. There's just nothing that Pascal does that excites analytically minded basketball fans but I can understand the appeal for casual fans as they develop a bond with players over time and view them in a different light which takes into account more than merely their performance on the floor. But even from the other perspective I found it incredibly annoying to hear Siakam screaming "AYE" 20 times a game, someone should put a muzzle on him so that broadcasts don't need to be muted. If he actually gets fouled he screams AYE, if he doesn't get fouled he screams AYE and he even screams AYE when teammates go to the rim. Get that garbage outta here, refs don't even buy it.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,574

Post#1122 » by Tha Cynic » Sun May 12, 2024 2:03 pm

Bosh was a better player.

The Raptors won a championship with Siakam, and a lot of people use this as an argument for everything. People are really underrating how good that team was. They lost two starters (one being a superstar who was playing like the best player in the league, and replaced them with 3rd stringers and still came within a shot of making the East finals). Remember that Siakam was terrible in that followup year in the playoffs and they were still very good.

That 2019 Toronto Raptors team was good enough where I would put them up against every champion since and still feel confident we would win.

Bosh played on **** teams here. His sidekicks were Calderon, Turkoglu, Anthony Parker, TJ Ford. If I wanted a fake #1 , a #2 or a #3, I'm taking Bosh 10 out of 10 times.

And btw Siakam was a great player who I actually liked and defended through the bubble debacle and Bosh I hate with a passion now for the way he left this team.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,607

Post#1123 » by Scase » Sun May 12, 2024 4:51 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
3 assists is a big difference.

If he played 3rd fiddle to Wade and Lebron, he had more help. Rather than Lowry and Kawhi.

Its of course relevant as you again use one argument in one thread and the opposite argument in another thread. Seemingly unaware that people are reading your posts.

Yes it's relevant, with zero context provided. Brilliant logic. And yeah, 3 apg is a big difference, if you completely ignore my previous comments about the PPG being much higher and more APG across the league in Siakams era. You know what else is big? 3 more RPG in an era with less FGA. Weird ignoring that though right? No one in their right mind would ever take Siakam over Bosh, and the difference while isn't mvp calibre vs role player, it is definitely big enough to justify Bosh as being clearly a better player.

But keep pretending that it's recency bias, again, as virtually everyone in the thread tells you that you're wrong.

I would. 100 times out of 100.

I don’t know if you’re romanticizing Bosh or if it’s your dislike of Siakam that’s making you argue this so hard. Bosh was the biggest 2-faced “star” to ever play in this city. The guy was the definition of empty stats and led us no where. He was desperate for attention. I don’t understand how Toronto fans still hold a grudge against Vince but take time to defend Bosh. “Rep T Dot till they bury me.” Yeah ok bud.

Duck that guy.

I don't care about his personality, I was basing it strictly off talent. Bosh 100 times out of 100. He is just flat out the better player.

Claiming Bosh was empty stats leading nowhere, in an argument about choosing Siakam over him is peak hilarity. Siakam is the definition of empty calories.

36 points in game 1 against the bucks, loses.
37 points in game 2 against the bucks, wins.
The rest of series he didnt even hit 20 points and they moved on.

The best argument you could make this year was the last game vs the knicks. Except we've all seen him play for like 8 years and know exactly the type of player he is. Good, but not good enough to be anything other than a 2nd/3rd option, he isn't carrying a team anywhere but to a play in birth at best.

Siakam had all stars, future HOFers, and one of the best defenders in the NBA. Bosh had what? Jarret Jack, Bargs? Lmao. As I said previously, ANY one of the starters on Siakams team would instantly be the second best player on any team that Bosh played for here. Calling him empty stats while ignoring the train wreck that this franchise was back then, is such a scummy argument.
Props TZ!
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,957

Post#1124 » by ForeverTFC » Sun May 12, 2024 5:52 pm

Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:Yes it's relevant, with zero context provided. Brilliant logic. And yeah, 3 apg is a big difference, if you completely ignore my previous comments about the PPG being much higher and more APG across the league in Siakams era. You know what else is big? 3 more RPG in an era with less FGA. Weird ignoring that though right? No one in their right mind would ever take Siakam over Bosh, and the difference while isn't mvp calibre vs role player, it is definitely big enough to justify Bosh as being clearly a better player.

But keep pretending that it's recency bias, again, as virtually everyone in the thread tells you that you're wrong.

I don’t know if you’re romanticizing Bosh or if it’s your dislike of Siakam that’s making you argue this so hard. Bosh was the biggest 2-faced “star” to ever play in this city. The guy was the definition of empty stats and led us no where. He was desperate for attention. I don’t understand how Toronto fans still hold a grudge against Vince but take time to defend Bosh. “Rep T Dot till they bury me.” Yeah ok bud.

Duck that guy.

I don't care about his personality, I was basing it strictly off talent. Bosh 100 times out of 100. He is just flat out the better player.

Claiming Bosh was empty stats leading nowhere, in an argument about choosing Siakam over him is peak hilarity. Siakam is the definition of empty calories.

The best argument you could make this year was the last game vs the knicks. Except we've all seen him play for like 8 years and know exactly the type of player he is. Good, but not good enough to be anything other than a 2nd/3rd option, he isn't carrying a team anywhere but to a play in birth at best.

Siakam had all stars, future HOFers, and one of the best defenders in the NBA. Bosh had what? Jarret Jack, Bargs? Lmao. As I said previously, ANY one of the starters on Siakams team would instantly be the second best player on any team that Bosh played for here. Calling him empty stats while ignoring the train wreck that this franchise was back then, is such a scummy argument.

You guys keep asking who Bosh had, why not ask who he faced? The talent of the league at that time was no where close to what it is today. Again, he got schooled by Mikki Moore. Mikki freaking Moore.

Anyways, I’m not even sure why we’re arguing Bosh vs Siakam. I hope Siakam has a great game today, that the Pacers lose, and that Chris Bosh catches a whiff of Toronto’s “smell” as his cable goes down so he can’t watch ESPN.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,574

Post#1125 » by Tha Cynic » Sun May 12, 2024 6:53 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:
Scase wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:

Duck that guy.

You guys keep asking who Bosh had, why not ask who he faced? The talent of the league at that time was no where close to what it is today. Again, he got schooled by Mikki Moore. Mikki freaking Moore.

Anyways, I’m not even sure why we’re arguing Bosh vs Siakam. I hope Siakam has a great game today, that the Pacers lose, and that Chris Bosh catches a whiff of Toronto’s “smell” as his cable goes down so he can’t watch ESPN.

Talent in the league evolves over time. Based on this, we can assume Bosh would have also been a better player in today's NBA. There's just more info and better training available.

The talent in the East has always been crap - even while Siakam was leading the Raptors. LeBron James had some pretty easy paths to the finals by simply being in the East.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
binjumper
Veteran
And1: 3,719

Post#1126 » by binjumper » Sun May 12, 2024 9:20 pm

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:We still debating Siakam here?

When a 19 year old that played on the 2nd worst team in the league this year tells an interviewer that Siakam is the most overrated player he has had to defend it speaks volumes. There's just nothing that Pascal does that excites analytically minded basketball fans but I can understand the appeal for casual fans as they develop a bond with players over time and view them in a different light which takes into account more than merely their performance on the floor. But even from the other perspective I found it incredibly annoying to hear Siakam screaming "AYE" 20 times a game, someone should put a muzzle on him so that broadcasts don't need to be muted. If he actually gets fouled he screams AYE, if he doesn't get fouled he screams AYE and he even screams AYE when teammates go to the rim. Get that garbage outta here, refs don't even buy it.

Dumbest post of the day. let the rookie school you on the dude who got all-nba twice.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,772

Post#1127 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Sun May 12, 2024 11:26 pm

binjumper wrote:

Dumbest post of the day. let the rookie school you on the dude who got all-nba twice.

You are defending a career 26% from deep 71% from the stripe shooter in the playoffs whose defense fell off a cliff years ago. Your rude one-line comments are literally meaningless. His efficiency this postseason is that of a lowest tier 2nd best player or highest tier 3rd best on a team which is par for the course. He cannot elevate his game when it matters.

Ideally he'd be your 3rd highest paid player and you have a strong advantage creator and scorer in front of him while he focuses on impacting other areas of the floor and takes what's given to him on offense only. He's wildly undeserving of the money he wanted. His mold is flawed.
binjumper
Veteran
And1: 3,719

Post#1128 » by binjumper » Sun May 12, 2024 11:37 pm

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
binjumper wrote:

You are defending a career 26% from deep 71% from the stripe shooter in the playoffs whose defense fell off a cliff years ago. Your rude one-line comments are literally meaningless. His efficiency this postseason is that of a lowest tier 2nd best player or highest tier 3rd best on a team which is par for the course. He cannot elevate his game when it matters.

Ideally he'd be your 3rd highest paid player and you have a strong advantage creator and scorer in front of him while he focuses on impacting other areas of the floor and takes what's given to him on offense only. He's wildly undeserving of the money he wanted. His mold is flawed.

Defending a guy who has been recognized by the league, analysts colleges. Helped us win a championship stayed loyal. The only thing flawed her is your haterade. Also why does his career 3pt% define his whole career. That sounds irrational considering he's a slasher.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,985
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1129 » by will » Sun May 12, 2024 11:47 pm

Mans running a business on sentiment over common sense.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#1130 » by alpngso » Mon May 13, 2024 4:31 pm

Read on Twitter

lol even rookie Bilal is taking shots at him
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,925

Post#1131 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

alpngso wrote:
Read on Twitter

will
RealGM
And1: 49,985
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1132 » by will » Mon May 13, 2024 4:40 pm

Nah, Bilal is trippin'!

Son needs to learn his manners, though.
vulture
Head Coach
And1: 5,434

Post#1133 » by vulture » Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm

Talking about a guy who cooked you when you haven’t done a lick in this league is wild.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,607

Post#1134 » by HangTime » Mon May 13, 2024 4:54 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
alpngso wrote:
Read on Twitter

I mean, the real question is, how many of those points were scored with Bilal on the court, or even more, him actually guarding Pascal.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,099

Post#1135 » by WaltFrazier » Mon May 13, 2024 5:29 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
alpngso wrote:
Read on Twitter

Imagine if he was hard to guard.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
TorontoBarneys
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,285

Post#1136 » by TorontoBarneys » Mon May 13, 2024 5:35 pm

You'd think if he had even a modicum of cleverness he'd know to dodge questions like that from the onset and not make himself into a meme.
PushDaRock
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,450

Post#1137 » by PushDaRock » Mon May 13, 2024 7:02 pm

DatHomieYouHaTe wrote:
alpngso wrote:
Read on Twitter

lol that came to mind too, Siakam has always feasted on the bad teams.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#1138 » by vulture » Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 pm

I still can’t believe Masai couldn’t get a single young player from the pacers. So disappointing.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,833

Post#1139 » by ash_k » Sun May 19, 2024 10:09 pm

vulture wrote:I still can’t believe Masai couldn’t get a single young player from the pacers. So disappointing.

who are those 'young players', poster like you keeps referring to?! Jarace Walker has not played any significant-minute in these playoffs. We got 3 first round picks: Nembhard got picked 31st! It is up to our scouting department to find those kind of players; and develop them (like Ochai)
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
vulture
Head Coach

Post#1140 » by vulture » Sun May 19, 2024 10:16 pm

Give me nembhard, sheppard, Jackson, smith or jorace.
I’ll take one of those players and 2 picks.

Return to Toronto Raptors