ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 2

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,296

Re: 2024 Playoffs Discussion Thread 2 

Post#81 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 18, 2024 2:29 am

Brinbe wrote:thibs running all his guys into the ground per usual

Which guys would you play off his bench more
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#82 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 18, 2024 2:43 am

https://homeschoolhoop.com/hand-checking-basketball/#:~:text=They%20could%20legally%20place%20a,foul%20and%20is%20called%20frequently.

Hand checking was outlawed in the league in 2004 but Nesmith and TJ are allowed to hand check Brunson like it's the 70s
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,348

Post#83 » by MiamiSPX » Sat May 18, 2024 2:43 am

Siakam just destroyed them. Another Game 7 coming up, sweet.

Don't think we see Haliburton, TJ and Turner mean mugging at MSG. That crowd is going to be rocking.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,873

Post#84 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat May 18, 2024 2:51 am

Thibs needs to clear the bench before any more injuries happen
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#85 » by MiamiSPX » Sat May 18, 2024 2:57 am

3:30 on Sunday, already up on ESPN.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,358

Post#86 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat May 18, 2024 2:57 am

Knicks getting slapped
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
MiamiSPX
Analyst

Post#87 » by MiamiSPX » Sat May 18, 2024 3:02 am

UnderdogRaptors wrote:Knicks getting slapped

I hate the way Indy plays but I can never be upset when the Knicks lose.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,873

Post#88 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 am

Alright neither of these teams is doing anything against the Celtics it really doesn’t matter. OG out, Pacers are deep but have no takeover star and defense is not good enough. Future is bright for both teams though I think. Sixers/Miami/Cavs/Bucks/Orlando are going to have to make some serious moves to keep up.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,358

Post#89 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat May 18, 2024 3:07 am

MiamiSPX wrote:
UnderdogRaptors wrote:Knicks getting slapped

I hate the way Indy plays but I can never be upset when the Knicks lose.

Knicks losing is the best feeling ever
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,779

Post#90 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat May 18, 2024 3:09 am

I'd rather Pascal win fr, hope they max him too.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#91 » by Scase » Sat May 18, 2024 3:48 am

MiamiSPX wrote:Siakam just destroyed them. Another Game 7 coming up, sweet.

Don't think we see Haliburton, TJ and Turner mean mugging at MSG. That crowd is going to be rocking.

He played a pretty complete game, I would not have expected it in an elimination game for sure. But yeah, I expect Knicks to bring it home, I'm surprised it went to 7.
Props TZ!
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,286

Post#92 » by HumbleRen » Sat May 18, 2024 4:13 am

C_Money wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:I genuinely can't fathom how the Nuggets can be so inconsistent. What in the world happened last night?

It’s the referees.

Some let teams defend with a very physical approach, other referee crews have a very quick whistle.

The first 2 games had the same ref crew from last night. The ones that the Nuggets won in had a different one.

When you’re a defensive minded team, your chances of winning are more reliant on the refs not being soft as hell.

Reason why the Raps should focus on offence in this day and age.

I mean it’s still very good to have a strong defence but yeah, elite offence is definitely the way to go in this era unless reffing can become more consistent.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,025

Post#93 » by Los_29 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:40 am

Pascal with another strong game. That trade was huge for them because without that trade they'd have been sent home in the first round. Haliburton was the only guy on their team that can get a bucket for them and we've found out in the playoffs that he's not particularly great at that. Having Pascal is a big luxury that the team didn't have before and desperately needed. He's a great fit and plays a key role in their offence.

It's been a very chippy series, both teams have fought hard. Pacers looked like the tougher team tonight. But that's what you'd expect from a team facing elimination. Game 7 is going to be very interesting. I think the Knicks take it on their home court.

Win or lose, hopefully Thibs learned something from these playoffs. You can't play guys 48 minutes a night in close games continuously in the playoffs.

WaltFrazier wrote:https://homeschoolhoop.com/hand-checking-basketball/#:~:text=They%20could%20legally%20place%20a,foul%20and%20is%20called%20frequently.

Hand checking was outlawed in the league in 2004 but Nesmith and TJ are allowed to hand check Brunson like it's the 70s

Brunson has been using those elbows throughout the series. A lot of refs would have called it but they've been letting them play. This should benefit the Knicks because as you stated they are the tougher team. I think Denver is the only team that has a legitimate reason to complain. In two of the games that Minnesota has won, Denver has been basically getting mugged. It's not good defense.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,286

Post#94 » by HumbleRen » Sat May 18, 2024 5:03 am

Knicks are falling apart with each passing game. 3 missing starters, Hart potentially injured, I’m not sure they have any gas left in the tank but maybe game 7 in MSG will lift them up.

No matter who wins or loses, Celtics is going to have an easy breeze to the finals.
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#95 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 18, 2024 1:42 pm

Los_29 wrote:Pascal with another strong game. That trade was huge for them because without that trade they'd have been sent home in the first round. Haliburton was the only guy on their team that can get a bucket for them and we've found out in the playoffs that he's not particularly great at that. Having Pascal is a big luxury that the team didn't have before and desperately needed. He's a great fit and plays a key role in their offence.

It's been a very chippy series, both teams have fought hard. Pacers looked like the tougher team tonight. But that's what you'd expect from a team facing elimination. Game 7 is going to be very interesting. I think the Knicks take it on their home court.

Win or lose, hopefully Thibs learned something from these playoffs. You can't play guys 48 minutes a night in close games continuously in the playoffs.

WaltFrazier wrote:https://homeschoolhoop.com/hand-checking-basketball/#:~:text=They%20could%20legally%20place%20a,foul%20and%20is%20called%20frequently.

Brunson has been using those elbows throughout the series. A lot of refs would have called it but they've been letting them play. This should benefit the Knicks because as you stated they are the tougher team. I think Denver is the only team that has a legitimate reason to complain. In two of the games that Minnesota has won, Denver has been basically getting mugged. It's not good defense.

I suggest the whistle has been just as different game to game in both series. And now the league has the two game 7s it wanted.

I don't fully defend Thibs minutes distribution, but in these playoffs I'm not sure who else he could play more off the bench, given the injuries. Bogs, Burks and Precious more from the start of the Sixers series I guess, rather than wait for injuries to force his hand. But now with the guys remaining he doesn't have much to choose from. It's amazing how the Pacers, missing only Mathurin, have been unable to beat such a decimated team more easily. I don't know if any team has ever got to a conference final, if NYK do get there, missing so many starters and rotation players.

And Indiana added Pascal for almost nothing this season as well. Imagine Knicks had added OG say for Grimes, Fournier and multiple picks, and still had RJ and IQ on the team.

Read on Twitter
GP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,611

Post#96 » by GP2 » Sat May 18, 2024 2:40 pm

I feel a bit bad for laughing at fans who thought Hart would just magically sustain 48 minute games without repercussion.
Scase
RealGM

Post#97 » by Scase » Sat May 18, 2024 2:59 pm

GP2 wrote:I feel a bit bad for laughing at fans who thought Hart would just magically sustain 48 minute games without repercussion.

It's pretty impressive how long he lasted tbh. Ignoring the last game that he left early, over the previous 11, dude was averaging 44mpg lol
Props TZ!
WaltFrazier
RealGM

Post#98 » by WaltFrazier » Sat May 18, 2024 3:01 pm

Scase wrote:
GP2 wrote:I feel a bit bad for laughing at fans who thought Hart would just magically sustain 48 minute games without repercussion.

It's pretty impressive how long he lasted tbh. Ignoring the last game that he left early, over the previous 11, dude was averaging 44mpg lol

If they can add the right pieces this summer so that Hart and DDV are super subs next year, they will have something.
Scase
RealGM

Post#99 » by Scase » Sat May 18, 2024 3:24 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Scase wrote:

If they can add the right pieces this summer so that Hart and DDV are super subs next year, they will have something.

They just need to get rid of randle already.
Props TZ!
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,947

Post#100 » by djsunyc » Sat May 18, 2024 5:24 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
Scase wrote:

they don't have any "awesome" picks to trade. the most tantalizing is the bucks 2025 i guess which i think is top 4 protected. every other team's picks they have may not convey and their own picks "should" be in the 20s.

they also don't have any great young talent to add unless you count deuce mcbride or mitchell robinson who's always hurt.

the extent of their trade assets are basically the same as many other teams. but none of that really matters if a players forces his way to ny.

Return to Toronto Raptors