ImageImageImageImageImage

I didnt like what Lou provided!!!!

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,466

Re: I didnt like what Lou provided!!!! 

Post#101 » by KrazyP » Wed Oct 8, 2014 1:47 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
GV and Lowry developped some nice chemistry so I'm not too worried about him and LW. Hell, even if they take turns initiating, it will still be better than all the times that Salmons was on-ball last year.

Lowry and Lou are different players. Lowry's style to me is like Billups whereas Lou is Iversoneque.

The point is that both are ball-handlers used to initiating the offense.

Lou and Lowry are nothing alike so just because Vasquez-Lowry works doesnt necessarily mean Vasquez and Lou will work. We will have to wait and see.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,539

Post#102 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 2:23 am

KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Lowry and Lou are different players. Lowry's style to me is like Billups whereas Lou is Iversoneque.

Lou and Lowry are nothing alike so just because Vasquez-Lowry works doesnt necessarily mean Vasquez and Lou will work. We will have to wait and see.

Why not? What is so different?

(Again, the fact that Lowry and Lou are different players doesn't mean much)
m83588333
Analyst
And1: 1,383

Post#103 » by m83588333 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:09 am

Lou is closer to DeRozan than Lowry. Lou Will isn't a catch and shoot guy. If Lou+GV combo is set then GV becomes Lowry as a SG and Lou the PG. Means GV won't have the ball as much.
Using Tapatalk
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,308

Post#104 » by raptorstime » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:11 am

He's the captain now..
KrazyP
General Manager

Post#105 » by KrazyP » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:13 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

Lowry has grown into a solid, stable, steady PG. Lou is wild, iso oriented SG. They are not the same player.....so your earlier statement that because Lowry-Vasquez worked last year, Lou-Vasquez is guaranteed to work this year is an absurd conclusion to make. The dynamics of the 2 pairings are completely different. If you cant see that, I dont know what to say.

I personally am going to take a wait and see approach but I have my concerns about the pairing...especially if Casey throws them in with James Johnson who's also volatile offensively.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,562

Post#106 » by TheRaptor! » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:27 am

He made some tough shots tonight, I think he will fit in the sparkplug role very nicely.
m83588333
Analyst

Post#107 » by m83588333 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:32 am

I think GV will have trouble adjusting.
Using Tapatalk
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,451

Post#108 » by Morse Code » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:40 am

Pat is going to play a huge role in keeping the second unit focused on the task at hand. He's a high BBIQ guy and also has great chemistry with GV. I think Lou and GV will work, but they need some stability and time to find out where their shots should come from. It's up to Casey to get that group to play cohesively, and there's still plenty of time.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#109 » by Boogie! » Wed Oct 8, 2014 5:59 am

lou plays way too much iso ball… i feel like casey just told lou, "do your thing" the same way he did with gay… and that's a recipe for disaster…
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
m83588333
Analyst

Post#110 » by m83588333 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 6:46 am

Boogie! wrote:lou plays way too much iso ball… i feel like casey just told lou, "do your thing" the same way he did with gay… and that's a recipe for disaster…

Our second unit needs a shot creator. Gay+DD didn't work but every unit needs a release valve.
Using Tapatalk
Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Post#111 » by Darknemo2000 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 7:47 am

m83588333 wrote:
Boogie! wrote:lou plays way too much iso ball… i feel like casey just told lou, "do your thing" the same way he did with gay… and that's a recipe for disaster…

Our second unit needs a shot creator. Gay+DD didn't work but every unit needs a release valve.

Yeah but where we will get a distributor. GV was basically doing what Lou was doing last season and they are kind of hindering each other right now as neither plays as distributor right now but as shot taker. If it were any other coach I would say he will work it out but Casey didnt do anything when DD and Gay were hindering each other so I do not belive that he will make adjustments now too. He isnt smart enough for that.
m83588333
Analyst

Post#112 » by m83588333 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 9:47 pm

Darknemo2000 wrote:
m83588333 wrote:

Yeah but where we will get a distributor. GV was basically doing what Lou was doing last season and they are kind of hindering each other right now as neither plays as distributor right now but as shot taker. If it were any other coach I would say he will work it out but Casey didnt do anything when DD and Gay were hindering each other so I do not belive that he will make adjustments now too. He isnt smart enough for that.

Lou and PsychoT might not be rotational player but spot subs against certain matchups. Wait a couple games until calling for Casey's head. IMHO Casey's handling of Fields and Hayes will be the bigger problem. Sometime Casey's rotations mean no scoring for entire quarters with no great defensive benefit.
Using Tapatalk
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#113 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:37 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

Lowry has grown into a solid, stable, steady PG. Lou is wild, iso oriented SG. They are not the same player.....so your earlier statement that because Lowry-Vasquez worked last year, Lou-Vasquez is guaranteed to work this year is an absurd conclusion to make. The dynamics of the 2 pairings are completely different. If you cant see that, I dont know what to say.

I personally am going to take a wait and see approach but I have my concerns about the pairing...especially if Casey throws them in with James Johnson who's also volatile offensively.

Let's take a look at how Lou's teams has fared (offensive rating) when Lou has played with other PG's

13-14 with Teague - 107.2 (Hawks overall 103.4)
12-13 with Teague - 104 (Hawks overall 102.7)
11-12 with Holliday - 110 (Sixers overall 101.7)
10-11 with Holliday - 110 (Sixers overall 104)

So sure seems like offenses have been running damn smoothly when Lou has shared the floor with other PG's.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#114 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:39 pm

m83588333 wrote:Lou and PsychoT might not be rotational player but spot subs against certain matchups.

This is nuts. Lou is 100% in the rotation every game.
KrazyP
General Manager

Post#115 » by KrazyP » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:49 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

Let's take a look at how Lou's teams has fared (offensive rating) when Lou has played with other PG's

So sure seems like offenses have been running damn smoothly when Lou has shared the floor with other PG's.

Ok, so player X played well with player Y and Z so they will work with all players in the world. Great logic.
Rapcity_11
RealGM

Post#116 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Oct 8, 2014 10:59 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

Ok, so player X played well with player Y and Z so they will work with all players in the world. Great logic.

AKA the complete cop-out response.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee but evidence is out there that points to it working just fine.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,903

Post#117 » by Tacoma » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:15 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:

You're overanalyzing. The only logic you should be aware of is "in Masai we trust." Once you see through this lens, you'll see the light.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,574

Post#118 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:24 pm

In the second preseason game?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
KrazyP
General Manager

Post#119 » by KrazyP » Wed Oct 8, 2014 11:56 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

AKA the complete cop-out response.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee but evidence is out there that points to it working just fine.

No, it not a cop out at all. You are completely failing to comprehend that different players have different playing styles. Just because player X plays well with PG Y does not mean player X will play well with all PGs in the world. This is not NBA fantasy...you have to account for the way certain players play or dont play....thats why Rudy Gay works in Sacremento yet he was a horrible fit in Toronto. Lou and Vasquez both have a wild style of play....its an awkward fit so I will be interested to see how it works or doesnt work as the season starts.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread.
Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Post#120 » by Darknemo2000 » Thu Oct 9, 2014 5:30 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
KrazyP wrote:
Rapcity_11 wrote:

Yeah but those PG's passed more. GV wasnt really a passing guy much, in fact he was the shot taker just like Lou. If either of them cannot start moving the ball better they will clash just like DD and Gay clashed.

Return to Toronto Raptors