ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,553

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#1081 » by Rapsfan07 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:29 am

XTC wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I mean its impossible to fill that OG roll immediately with a rookie but I see a couple guys in this draft who could eventually do that just fine with slightly less defense

Who?

Devin Carter is in the Derrick White/Marcus Smart mold (minus the point guard skills) IMO. Measured well, and he killed it athletically at the combine (just set the combine record for 3/4 sprints).

Devin Carter has been by main guy from the beginning of this draft cycle. But I'm not sure he's a wing defender at the next level, though I'm fairly certain he'll be locking up guards.

Either way, the chances of him being on the board at #19 are zero so it doesn't make much sense discussing him.

Who else you got?
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,553

Post#1082 » by Rapsfan07 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:34 am

Syd-TK3 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:I mean its impossible to fill that OG roll immediately with a rookie but I see a couple guys in this draft who could eventually do that just fine with slightly less defense

Who?

Imo Jones, Ingram, De Silva, Dadiet, Watkins

Dillon Jones? Who's Ingram? Da Silva's a bench shooting big at best, I don't get the Dadiet hype at all but I do like Watkins. Not sure about his NBA impact exactly but I do think he can potentially crack a rotation.
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,537

Post#1083 » by aminiaturebuddha » Sat May 18, 2024 12:32 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
Who?

Imo Jones, Ingram, De Silva, Dadiet, Watkins

Dillon Jones? Who's Ingram? Da Silva's a bench shooting big at best, I don't get the Dadiet hype at all but I do like Watkins. Not sure about his NBA impact exactly but I do think he can potentially crack a rotation.

I think da Silva is much more of a large wing than he is a "big". He's more like a younger Nic Batum than he is a Mike Muscala-type. He's a shooter who can also be a connecting piece.
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#1084 » by TNRaps4life » Sat May 18, 2024 1:24 pm

These are my picks plus pacome Dadiet

https://youtu.be/o7qC_giYCz0?si=gN6nclQACpoh04xH
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,937

Post#1085 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:32 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:If the reports are true that our FO is going BPA...imo out of everyone that should realistically be there, it's Bub Carrington.

Maybe Carter falls but I just can't get over him only having a single DECENT (not great) shooting year, the rest was below 29%.

Bub is already so talented, imagine he had another 2 years in college - he'd be eating kids up out there. I'm just doubtful we take him because a) RJ & Gradey are SGs b) lesser extent I just don't think our FO likes players with edge, they love their "high character" guys. So overall I'd be shocked if we took him but imo he is the actual BPA at 19 & I'm most confident that he may not be a star but you won't look back like you "swung & missed", he's a NBA player.

But if they did in fact make this comment about BPA, then it really makes me think we're taking a C. Whether that's Chomche, Edey, Ware, Holmes etc idk...but it feels like they would preference their pick publicly to almost prepare everyone for them drafting someone at a redundant position. I think it's far more likely to be a young C due to having older Cs that won't be around when this core comes into their primes.

Personally I'd still like to take Bub because if you have 2 talented guards & Scottie that's a nice start to the rebuild and maybe you bite the bullet on not getting a wing this draft & get him in the next one when there are much better prospects there and then you have a really talented core. I'm sure one Missi, Holmes, Edey or *ahem Chomche will still be there at 31 anyways & instead of using money to bring back Gary (which now would be pointless with Bub anyways) & throw it at Tyus Jones, Melton or some other backup PG.

But I don't expect that to happen...I still believe they're hoping for a guard to fall to them then draft Chomche at 31. I'm still praying that Pate can declare and that we're able to trade Brown to be high enough to draft him - then we will have had an awesome draft.

Elite shake and bake for an 18 year old. Great handle. Killer instinct shooter. Yes Bubba most definitely! Fall back s/be JaKobe Walter. 31 is "surprise me". Will they do an undrafted? Love big PJ Hall as power forward depth at (61) undrafted. Chomche sounds ok but there is a clip of him shooting nothing but Landry Fields bricks. Might need to reconcile that reality. Dunn might be a better pick if shooting is yet to be determined.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,627

Post#1086 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 1:44 pm

Hopefully we trade Bruce to get back in earlier than our pick and grab Salaun.

Him alone will make things a lot more interesting just seeing how he develops over the first 3-4 years & if they get anywhere near the most out of him, that would be a beastly duo between him and Scottie.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,937

Post#1087 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat May 18, 2024 1:49 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:Hopefully we trade Bruce to get back in earlier than our pick and grab Salaun.

Him alone will make things a lot more interesting just seeing how he develops over the first 3-4 years & if they get anywhere near the most out of him, that would be a beastly duo between him and Scottie.

Agreed. But watch Cody Williams tape. He is longbois that isn't fool's gold. He could be Robin to Scottie's Batman.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#1088 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 2:22 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:Hopefully we trade Bruce to get back in earlier than our pick and grab Salaun.

Agreed. But watch Cody Williams tape. He is longbois that isn't fool's gold. He could be Robin to Scottie's Batman.

I’m probably one of the few on this board that actually still like Cody Williams too and of course yes his measurements fall into their criteria lol but I’d honestly be surprised that if they traded back into the lottery that their target wouldn’t be a wing with more upside…ie/ Saluan (being dubbed French Giannis makes this the beyond obvious target) and if it’s not him my guess is our FO would probably favour all of Risacher, Matas & Holland before Williams if I’m jut being real.

Just Tidjane is the obvious physical standout/profile that we all know Masai has wet dreams about lol. If I hear that we’re trading Brown to get into the back end of the lottery, I’m almost 100% that it will be to grab Saluan, he’s just such an obvious Masai prototype.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#1089 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 3:09 pm

Unless McCain or Saluan fall to our pick, I think Bub is gonna be at the top of my list for the IND pick.

I just don't think our roster is good enough to not go BPA and I can genuinely see IQ & Carrington being a nasty backcourt duo to pair with Scottie or even to take over the scoring role when IQ needs a breather. Then you can either try to trade Brown for Salaun or whichever wing falls OR (more likely) wait until next year and draft whichever SF/PF prospect to fill out the lineup. But I really do feel like that could a pretty nice trio that could be in a great position to just plug in a SF/PF next year.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,388

Post#1090 » by alpngso » Sat May 18, 2024 3:19 pm

Did you know Bub Carrington is related to Raptors Fan Fav Rudy Gay? lol

I am sure Rudy shared his exp with him about Toronto
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,926

Post#1091 » by WuTang_OG » Sat May 18, 2024 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,824

Post#1092 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 3:31 pm

My only thing with Bub is the shooting. His splits were pretty bad, so I hope he can improve his efficiency.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#1093 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 3:32 pm

alpngso wrote:Did you know Bub Carrington is related to Raptors Fan Fav Rudy Gay? lol

I am sure Rudy shared his exp with him about Toronto

Faaaack….that’s no bueno lol buuuut I would think he’d be his own man enough to determine his own opinion on his unique experience.

Sure he likely won’t be hyped about it initially (although now that gives me some minor concern that he’d throw his workout or worse off refuse one, then yeah the hope is dead lol bc again I know our FO loves themselves Mr Nice Guys) but I do think the FO, Darko (especially) & teammates would really embrace him. If he balls so will the fans and he’d likely form a different opinion.

Rudy is obv butthurt that he received the opposite. Where the fans knew he wasn’t the player he was hyped up to be and management agreed that they sent him packing. I just do think they’d win him over IF they were to draft him but this does actually add a little to my concern that the FO will truly elect for talent over fit/vibes lol.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#1094 » by PhilBlackson » Sat May 18, 2024 3:37 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like an extremely likely 905 target especially given his pre-existing friendship with Scottie and of course “heritage”. Won’t surprise me at all if we told him we’d sign him like we did Fred and unlike most franchises tell him he’ll get a real shot to play. Team needs wings too but maybe another franchise takes that flyer in the 2nd rd. I really do believe our management will likely have their eyes on Chomche with that DET pick.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,782

Post#1095 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Sat May 18, 2024 3:49 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:My only thing with Bub is the shooting. His splits were pretty bad, so I hope he can improve his efficiency.

Defense and HC rim finishing are big question marks for me.

Carrington had similar splits to JHS last year but the shot looks a lot better plus with (3PAr + FT%) being proven as the ultimate markers for shooting success in the NBA he eclipsed JHS in that regard too and was a year younger.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1096 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 4:12 pm

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:My only thing with Bub is the shooting. His splits were pretty bad, so I hope he can improve his efficiency.

Defense and HC rim finishing are big question marks for me.

Carrington had similar splits to JHS last year but the shot looks a lot better plus with (3PAr + FT%) being proven as the ultimate markers for shooting success in the NBA he eclipsed JHS in that regard too and was a year younger.

Lots of questions surrounding him. His age is a plus, but we’re basically taking him based on potential because the efficient productivity wasn’t there. And we know how JHS has turned out.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1097 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 4:13 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

Seems like an extremely likely 905 target especially given his pre-existing friendship with Scottie and of course “heritage”. Won’t surprise me at all if we told him we’d sign him like we did Fred and unlike most franchises tell him he’ll get a real shot to play. Team needs wings too but maybe another franchise takes that flyer in the 2nd rd. I really do believe our management will likely have their eyes on Chomche with that DET pick.

Mogbo will get picked in the first round.
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,345

Post#1098 » by MainEvent » Sat May 18, 2024 4:35 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

I’m probably one of the few on this board that actually still like Cody Williams too and of course yes his measurements fall into their criteria lol but I’d honestly be surprised that if they traded back into the lottery that their target wouldn’t be a wing with more upside…ie/ Saluan (being dubbed French Giannis makes this the beyond obvious target) and if it’s not him my guess is our FO would probably favour all of Risacher, Matas & Holland before Williams if I’m jut being real.

Just Tidjane is the obvious physical standout/profile that we all know Masai has wet dreams about lol. If I hear that we’re trading Brown to get into the back end of the lottery, I’m almost 100% that it will be to grab Saluan, he’s just such an obvious Masai prototype.

I don't see French Giannis, didn't he finish something putrid like 40% at the rim? Thats like FVV numbers
TNRaps4life
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#1099 » by TNRaps4life » Sat May 18, 2024 4:37 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

He is 22
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#1100 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sat May 18, 2024 4:44 pm

TNRaps4life wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

He is 22

Return to Toronto Raptors