ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,329

Re: Tank World Order (The Remix Vol. IV) 

Post#121 » by TorontoBarneys » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:41 pm

ItsDanger wrote:May not get a high draft pick this season, but there are plenty of trade opportunities for recently drafted players.

Pacers are the hot target everyone's talking about now but Pistons are also another team that will be desperate to surround their squad with veteran presence. Siakam to Pistons could be a real thing.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#122 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:48 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:May not get a high draft pick this season, but there are plenty of trade opportunities for recently drafted players.

Pacers are the hot target everyone's talking about now but Pistons are also another team that will be desperate to surround their squad with veteran presence. Siakam to Pistons could be a real thing.

Pistons probably aren't building around Cade going forward. As crazy as that sounds.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,995

Post#123 » by WuTang_OG » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:53 pm

NotMyKawhi wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
shouldn''t the threat of losing our 1st make us want to tank..

nope. its top 6 with already 3 teams we are not touching. if we didnt tank last year, they are not tanking this year. draft is by all accounts subpar. They made their damage with the poeltl trade, now is the time to give it up

its not tanking, its called we aren't good enough

Theyll give the pick up this year
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,613

Post#124 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:58 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

Pistons probably aren't building around Cade going forward. As crazy as that sounds.

Who are they building around?
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#125 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:59 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

TBD, they are screwed. Weak draft....it's bad for them.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 782

Post#126 » by Jerry Lucas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:04 pm

There's pretty much 6 teams that it would be borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank this season. Every team currently in the bottom 7 minus Memphis I think it's borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank. Lowest I think this team can possibly finish i the standings is 7th worst in the league (which as we all know still has a decent chance of winning one of the draft lotteries).
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,900

Post#127 » by Pointgod » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:12 pm

Jerry Lucas wrote:There's pretty much 6 teams that it would be borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank this season. Every team currently in the bottom 7 minus Memphis I think it's borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank. Lowest I think this team can possibly finish i the standings is 7th worst in the league (which as we all know still has a decent chance of winning one of the draft lotteries).

We’re only two games out of the 6th lottery slot and 2.5 games out of the 4th. Memphis will get better once Ja comes back and they get healthy, if we trade both Pascal and OG we can make our way to the bottom 4-6th slot. Keep the tank alive
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#128 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:21 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Jerry Lucas wrote:There's pretty much 6 teams that it would be borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank this season. Every team currently in the bottom 7 minus Memphis I think it's borderline impossible for the Raptors to out tank. Lowest I think this team can possibly finish i the standings is 7th worst in the league (which as we all know still has a decent chance of winning one of the draft lotteries).

We’re only two games out of the 6th lottery slot and 2.5 games out of the 4th. Memphis will get better once Ja comes back and they get healthy, if we trade both Pascal and OG we can make our way to the bottom 4-6th slot. Keep the tank alive

It's possible, given that nobody's trying to win it this year. The teams at the bottom this year are legit bad.

But do we really want that future pick hanging over our heads going forward? Not giving it up hurts our future more imo.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,613

Post#129 » by Tha Cynic » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:34 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Pistons probably aren't building around Cade going forward. As crazy as that sounds.

Do you have an article where it says they're not building around Cade and they think as lowly of Cade as you have been saying throughout this thread? He would have more value than everyone on the Raptors other than Barnes at this stage.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#130 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:39 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Do you have an article where it says they're not building around Cade and they think as lowly of Cade as you have been saying throughout this thread? He would have more value than everyone on the Raptors other than Barnes at this stage.

Nope, but water is wet. He's inefficient, and if your best player is the "tip of the spear". They have a problem.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,459

Post#131 » by ItsDanger » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:39 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
TorontoBarneys wrote:

Monty Williams
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Tortiglioni
Starter
And1: 3,971

Post#132 » by Tortiglioni » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:17 pm

Trade Pascal, OG, Trent and we likely don't win agin. (I'd say trade Poeltl as well but that's not happening as it would too embarrassing for the FO to dump him for peanuts at this point when we're handing over a top-10 pick.
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 782

Post#133 » by Jerry Lucas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:38 pm

Pointgod wrote:

Memphis is the team in the bottom 7 I think will pass us so there was no need for you to bring them up really. In terms of the other 6 teams (Portland/Charlotte/Wizards/Spurs/Jazz/Pistons), they all have team net ratings of -7 or lower. The Raptors net rating on the season is only -1.9. It would be extremely hard for the Raptors to out tank teams that are already -7 or worse every 100 possessions with no clear path to improvement like Memphis getting Ja back, even if the Raptors try to execute a major teardown.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,716

Post#134 » by Scase » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:39 pm

C_Money wrote:
NotMyKawhi wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
just like how it happened last year with a bigger prize while also not having the threat of losing our 1st

shouldn''t the threat of losing our 1st make us want to tank..

No because then it’ll just go to the Spurs next year in a better draft. If there was ever a time to be gunning for 9th its this year. Just give the pick to them and get it over with.

You do whatever benefits the team the most long term. If you trade away Siakam/OG/Jak for prospects like we keep seeing thrown around from IND/ATL and it results in a lotto finish, and you lose the pick, so be it.

The problem this team suffers from is too many half measures (or in most cases no measures) and not committing to a direction. Losing a single pick in the grand scheme of things isn't going to cripple the franchise, but wasting another year, with 2 major UFAs, a potential superstar in Scottie stuck behind a mid player like Siakam, just to ensure the spurs don't get a single pick is negligence, pure and simple.

It is a lost cause, you do whatever you need to do, to right the ship.
Props TZ!
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,467

Post#135 » by KL78192020 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:42 pm

Tortiglioni wrote:Trade Pascal, OG, Trent and we likely don't win agin. (I'd say trade Poeltl as well but that's not happening as it would too embarrassing for the FO to dump him for peanuts at this point when we're handing over a top-10 pick.

I think Poeltl could be traded for a 1st round pick. Maybe when Ja comes back and they start winning the Grizz could do an Adams and protected first for Poeltl trade. Adams has been pretty injured and is over 30. Poeltl could be a good fit for them.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,332

Post#136 » by MiamiSPX » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Tortiglioni wrote:Trade Pascal, OG, Trent and we likely don't win agin. (I'd say trade Poeltl as well but that's not happening as it would too embarrassing for the FO to dump him for peanuts at this point when we're handing over a top-10 pick.

If we move Siakam, OG and others, Poeltl will ask out, which is good, and allows them to save face when moving him because that info will be leaked intentionally.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,866

Post#137 » by ConSarnit » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:29 am

Jerry Lucas wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

Memphis is the team in the bottom 7 I think will pass us so there was no need for you to bring them up really. In terms of the other 6 teams (Portland/Charlotte/Wizards/Spurs/Jazz/Pistons), they all have team net ratings of -7 or lower. The Raptors net rating on the season is only -1.9. It would be extremely hard for the Raptors to out tank teams that are already -7 or worse every 100 possessions with no clear path to improvement like Memphis getting Ja back, even if the Raptors try to execute a major teardown.

We’re closing the gap on CHA. They’ve gotten better since Bridges has been back. Remove OG from our team and the only player with a positive plus minus is Boucher.

The only teams truly out of reach are SAS, DET, WAS and POR.

Not that we should be trying to keep our pick this year. We might rather need it in 2025 depending on what happens with Siakam and OG.
2019nbachamps
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#138 » by 2019nbachamps » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:02 am

MiamiSPX wrote:

If we move Siakam, OG and others, Poeltl will ask out, which is good, and allows them to save face when moving him because that info will be leaked intentionally.

Problem is trading Poeltl will be embarrassing since we won’t recoup what we gave up to get him. I doubt we get a FRP back.

If I were to rank key players likely to get traded:

1. GTJ - hasn’t been good and unlikely to come back. Should get some 2RPs back

2. Pascal - conflicts with Scottie, age doesn’t meet timeline, Masai didn’t offer him extension

3. OG - strong trade market for him. Probably the guy that can get us the best return for a rebuild due to ease of trading him thanks to his relatively low salary

4. Poeltl - we overpaid for him last season. Don’t think he can command a return that significantly helps a rebuild
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,066

Post#139 » by NotMyKawhi » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:18 am

5 or the next 6 are most likely losses and the one potential win is against the hornets, who just beat us
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,641

Post#140 » by Harry Palmer » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:51 am

If the draft is that bad…imo still early on that…then I guess get it over with. Wasn’t paying attention at the time, did the fanbase freak at the Poetl trade or were we well supplied in Kool-Aid?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to Toronto Raptors