ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raptors Win

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,604

Re: PG: Raptors Win 

Post#121 » by Scase » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:07 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Scase wrote:
mihaic wrote:I agree with your take, but don't get too carried away when the Raps play without 5 of their best 6. The game is irrelevant.

I think the fact they handled Milwaukee with Dame and Middleton playing is encouraging. Iq and rj are good. Gary is making a case too, lately. I think he improved quietly, or he fits in Darko offense

I dont by any stretch think IQ/RJ are bad, I just don't see RJ as a long term fit/ key peice on a winning team. His game is way too limited. IQ I definitely see fitting in. As for GTJ, if he is a 20-ish mpg guy off the bench, I'm down. If he is a starter, no thanks. He is WAY too inconsistent to be someone we rely on to win games.

Limited how? It's not pretty, but that doesn't make it limited. Who on the team can get to the rim like him? If he has a skill that no one else has on the team, and it results in high percentage shots, then it's extremely valuable. He also is a great playmaker and passer, with a decent shot, and is not a pylon on defence.

Limited in the sense that his game is basically just getting to the rim. That never translates to the playoffs, and is extremely easy to shut down by denying him passes. The less assisted his attempts are, the worse his efficiency becomes, which is exactly what it was with the Knicks.

His shooting absolutely by no definition is decent, he's in the bottom half to bottom quarter of the NBA in accuracy. 39th percentile for 2p FGs, that's with him in the 77th percentile at the rim. He's really a bad shooter.

As I said earlier, if he can develop a mid range, this gets better and he can be much more useful. His FT% is also pretty crappy. His game is extremely 1 dimensional.
Props TZ!
TheAlchemist23
Rookie
And1: 1,578

Post#122 » by TheAlchemist23 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:13 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:Raptors show w/ Grange were setting up the exit of Masai today, good day

Dont play with my heart.

When that Masai and Raptors "amicable" divorce hits some time next season

Potential
RealGM
And1: 44,133

Post#123 » by Potential » Sat Apr 6, 2024 8:50 pm

deeps6x wrote:
Potential wrote:What the **** is up with the Buck? They suck

Read on Twitter

Was Giannis out for all three?

Only for our game. Lillard was out for the other 2
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Post#124 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:01 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:Raptors show w/ Grange were setting up the exit of Masai today, good day

Dont play with my heart.

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,671

Post#125 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:36 pm

TorontoBarneys wrote:Image

Ino Toronto right now has a bad team But

Dame
OG
Barnes
Pascal
Jakob

Would've been interesting, & the fit is way better interms of covering up for his defense

In Raptor Ball I Trust
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,007

Post#126 » by NinjaBro » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:42 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:

Dame
OG
Barnes
Pascal
Jakob

Would've been interesting, & the fit is way better interms of covering up for his defense
How exactly would we get Dame while keeping Barnes, Siakam and OG?

We need to trade Siakam for AJ Griffen before it's too late! - PhilBlackson
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Post#127 » by Chandan » Sat Apr 6, 2024 10:57 pm

dame wouldn't want to play for a rookie tanking coach anyways.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,152

Post#128 » by DelAbbot » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:01 am

TheAlchemist23 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Dont play with my heart.

When that Masai and Raptors "amicable" divorce hits some time next season

You got a video link? This is a topic waiting to be explored
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,671

Post#129 » by DreamTeam09 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:01 am

NinjaBro wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Dame
OG
Barnes
Pascal
Jakob

The rumored deal was Trent + GD + Filler(Boucher /Thad/Flynn/Precious + multiple picks

In Raptor Ball I Trust
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 42,007

Post#130 » by NinjaBro » Sun Apr 7, 2024 12:08 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Dame
OG
Barnes
Pascal
Jakob

The rumored deal was Trent + GD + Filler(Boucher /Thad/Flynn/Precious + multiple picks
That rumor came from raps fans. It's not even realistic.

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,846

Post#131 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:04 am

NinjaBro wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:How exactly would we get Dame while keeping Barnes, Siakam and OG?

I remember it being Gradey for sure, and we had to give up either OG or Scottie. I was kind of pissed we were so bullish on OG, but boy was I wrong. OG is a legit force we are seeing with Knicks. Artest level defense with 3 pointers and non of the crazy antics.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,892

Post#132 » by ArthurVandelay » Sun Apr 7, 2024 2:59 am

Brinbe wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:I mean, we’ve actually been okay when our guys actually play.

Acting like our losing streak that had our top 4 guys out and like 6 out of top 8 is indicative of anything is stupid

I don’t think they are 24 win on the season or 15 game losing streak bad, but are they better than 32 wins right now, which would put them in 11th? I’m not confident in that and once you’re there, what really is the point?

Context means everything. Getting themselves into the 10th-11th range with a bunch of guys in their early to mid-20s as the core is different than having fred/siakam/og and nurse grinding to 41 wins.

Do people think that Scottie/RJ/IQ have totally topped out their games already and that we won't have many tools to actually improve the team in the off-season? Even if they convey they'll still have two draft picks in a draft where they can def find gems in the 19-32 range.

Some of y'all literally bich when they lose and complain just as much when they win and it's really stupid to read through. Like what the hell do you want? Just adding nothing but absolute crap to the discourse and general readability of the forum. How was it better on here when we had Babs/BC running the ship and Mitchell and Triano as head coaches for ten years? If you want to vent some idiocy, I think livejournal still exists and twitter is out there to suit your need to spew the same endlessly negative crap into the void.

I've been through many eras on this board but this may legit be the most intolerablely stupid.

No reply to my original response. I hope all is well with you. Been a rough day for my family tbh.

To be clear, I don’t disagree with anything you said in your first two paragraphs. I just firmly believe the best way to get talent is through the draft since FA isn’t happening and they don’t have enough trade assets without significantly compromising themselves elsewhere.

I am not aware I bitched about any losses since the OG trade. I do recall stating losing the pick 7-10 would be a total failure in the FO part.

I started a thread recently that showed what all the current play off teams had to go through to get where they are today. Every single team except the Celtics spent multiple seasons in the lottery before experiencing any sustainable success.

So I’m pretty open to the reality they are going to have to lose some more before they win.

I’m pretty optimistic on Masai. I have faith in him to right the ship. I’m very happy with the OG and Siakam return, which is not a popular opinion. I very much approve of what Darko has done this year. He might not be the coach that eventually takes them to deep playoff runs but for the current young core he is perfect in my opinion.

So what do I want? A top 4 pick this year and next. The best way to add top talent is through the top of the draft. I know it isn’t the only way, but again, I’d rather the odds be with me than against.

BBQ can definitely improve, but while they do that, it would be great to be adding more young talent. Lowry was 28 and DD 25 when they finally clicked in 2013-2014 and started their run. That gives BBQ and co. at 22/23/24 two years to develop while hoscullu adding 2 more top lotto picks.

It’s funny to be called out on negativity because I haven’t been this optimistic since the Kawhi run. I think Masai has done great work this year and the future is very bright. Without getting a couple of cracks at the top of the lottery my fear is they are rebuilding again in 2-3 seasons.
LarSiN
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,140

Post#133 » by LarSiN » Sun Apr 7, 2024 6:28 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

I remember it being Gradey for sure, and we had to give up either OG or Scottie. I was kind of pissed we were so bullish on OG, but boy was I wrong. OG is a legit force we are seeing with Knicks. Artest level defense with 3 pointers and non of the crazy antics.

He's played 18 games and is averaging 14/4/1/1. I love the guy, but it feels like all we've seen is that he's still made of glass.
"I quickly cripple the triple-threat devils, disheveled I level headedly settle on spontaneous combustion tactics. Fact is, nothing is drastic or graphic. I melt the steel like blacksmiths"
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,588

Post#134 » by Brinbe » Sun Apr 7, 2024 1:30 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Brinbe wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
I don’t think they are 24 win on the season or 15 game losing streak bad, but are they better than 32 wins right now, which would put them in 11th? I’m not confident in that and once you’re there, what really is the point?

Context means everything. Getting themselves into the 10th-11th range with a bunch of guys in their early to mid-20s as the core is different than having fred/siakam/og and nurse grinding to 41 wins.

Do people think that Scottie/RJ/IQ have totally topped out their games already and that we won't have many tools to actually improve the team in the off-season? Even if they convey they'll still have two draft picks in a draft where they can def find gems in the 19-32 range.

Some of y'all literally bich when they lose and complain just as much when they win and it's really stupid to read through. Like what the hell do you want? Just adding nothing but absolute crap to the discourse and general readability of the forum. How was it better on here when we had Babs/BC running the ship and Mitchell and Triano as head coaches for ten years? If you want to vent some idiocy, I think livejournal still exists and twitter is out there to suit your need to spew the same endlessly negative crap into the void.

I've been through many eras on this board but this may legit be the most intolerablely stupid.

No reply to my original response. I hope all is well with you. Been a rough day for my family tbh.

To be clear, I don’t disagree with anything you said in your first two paragraphs. I just firmly believe the best way to get talent is through the draft since FA isn’t happening and they don’t have enough trade assets without significantly compromising themselves elsewhere.

I am not aware I bitched about any losses since the OG trade. I do recall stating losing the pick 7-10 would be a total failure in the FO part.

I started a thread recently that showed what all the current play off teams had to go through to get where they are today. Every single team except the Celtics spent multiple seasons in the lottery before experiencing any sustainable success.

So I’m pretty open to the reality they are going to have to lose some more before they win.

I’m pretty optimistic on Masai. I have faith in him to right the ship. I’m very happy with the OG and Siakam return, which is not a popular opinion. I very much approve of what Darko has done this year. He might not be the coach that eventually takes them to deep playoff runs but for the current young core he is perfect in my opinion.

So what do I want? A top 4 pick this year and next. The best way to add top talent is through the top of the draft. I know it isn’t the only way, but again, I’d rather the odds be with me than against.

BBQ can definitely improve, but while they do that, it would be great to be adding more young talent. Lowry was 28 and DD 25 when they finally clicked in 2013-2014 and started their run. That gives BBQ and co. at 22/23/24 two years to develop while hoscullu adding 2 more top lotto picks.

It’s funny to be called out on negativity because I haven’t been this optimistic since the Kawhi run. I think Masai has done great work this year and the future is very bright. Without getting a couple of cracks at the top of the lottery my fear is they are rebuilding again in 2-3 seasons.

Yo, my apologies, I def should've been more clear in my post (and will make a mental note to do so in the future to avoid confusion), that closing tangent was def not targeted at you at all in any way and you've been more one of the more level-headed ppl on here, in fact!

Cheers and hope all is well.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,640

Post#135 » by WeThe2019Champs » Mon Apr 8, 2024 12:55 am

Wtf... why... boooooo
No More Tanking!

Return to Toronto Raptors