ImageImageImageImageImage

Calderon/Turkoglu/Triano/Colangelo Venting Thread

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Raconteur
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: Jose Calderon/Jay Triano Venting Thread 

Post#21 » by Raconteur » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:39 am

I was watching the Lakers broadcast and thought their play by play commentator could probably outcoach Jay Triano.
by turbo zone.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#22 » by Sn0wman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:41 am

Triano is a noob, anyone can outcoach him
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#23 » by sanity » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:44 am

chocolateSensi wrote:Wow, it's pretty awesome that you can visualize an alternate ending to a basketball game.

Nice!
TheBathinApe
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#24 » by TheBathinApe » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 am

chocolateSensi wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
TheBathinApe wrote:Stop your **** bitching after every **** loss. I mean bitching after losing to philly at home is understandable but after a gamewinner against the lakers on road??? R U **** KIDDING ME? its like you guys are attention starved or something. Weems cant shoot a three and was getting burned by kobe, antoine played like ****. Thats why calderon was in the game and he missed two **** threes at the end you moron. We didnt **** lose because of that, we lost because we couldnt stop bynum and let them get to the line. The game isnt **** played for the last three minutes alone.

how about you do something about it. The loss could have been avoided if

A) Jack played, Jose sat most of the 4th Q and then didnt take him out after he went 0-3 with wide open 3s
B) Triano didnt wait till 5 min to put bosh back in
C) Jose Calderon didnt get abused on D by Brown (tied the game with a 3)

If his shot isnt falling, dont play him he doesnt do anything else.

Wow, it's pretty awesome that you can visualize an alternate ending to a basketball game.

Dont bother these guys are obviously pros. They are like that girl that bitches everytime something goes wrong, because you know they have the answer for everything :roll:
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,745

Post#25 » by DG88 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:46 am

JAck should have been brought in at the 7:30 mark of the game and Jose should have been out with Marco replacing but NOOOOOOOOOOO, Triano had to keep him in. This is the first time I've vented on Jay screws us at the end.
KCAccidental
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#26 » by KCAccidental » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 am

chocolateSensi wrote:
KCAccidental wrote:I really don't know what Triano was thinking when he played Cack for extended minutes in the fourth, forcing Jack to guard Kobe. Just stupid.

We were playing a 1-2-2 zone, genius.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kobe used his size advantage over Jack to score some of his points in the fourth quarter.
RAPTORS4LIFE4
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#27 » by RAPTORS4LIFE4 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 am

Jose and Jay DESERVE their own venting thread!!! Please separate them.

Ed Davis Delivers a Pizza-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pHAJfAHQ0
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#28 » by Strategist1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 am

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

It was so predictable how Triano was gonna manage this rotation. We all knew Triano wasn't gonna play the players who were hot and he'd stick with his set in stone guaranteed minutes philosophy.

Jack, Weems were contributing offensively. Weems deserved some more 4th quarter minutes. And Bosh needed to come back earlier in the 4th.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Stealth68
Pro Prospect
And1: 102

Post#29 » by Stealth68 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 am

i personally think that it was no one fault we lost... kobe just does that to people... nothing personal
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,568

Post#30 » by s e n s i » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:58 am

KCAccidental wrote:
chocolateSensi wrote:
KCAccidental wrote:I really don't know what Triano was thinking when he played Cack for extended minutes in the fourth, forcing Jack to guard Kobe. Just stupid.

We were playing a 1-2-2 zone, genius.

Still doesn't change the fact that Kobe used his size advantage over Jack to score some of his points in the fourth quarter.

Do you know what you're talking about? Kobe took 5 field-goal attempts from the time Jarrett Jack came into the game (5:52) til it's conclusion. He made 2. One of them was the game winner over Wright. The other was an off balance runner, fading out of bounds, which was over Jack. A grand total of 2 points due to height advantage, which doesn't really matter since we're talking about Kobe Freakin Bryant here.

But anyway, for what it's worth, JJ blocked a Kobe layup and forced a Kobe turnover during that span as well.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,753

Post#31 » by kingr » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:59 am

The only positive Triano had today, was not playing Reggie in the 2nd half.
ponder276
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#32 » by ponder276 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:13 am

There are some aspects to Jay's coaching that I like (he definitely has nice offensive schemes), but our horrendous defense smacks of terrible coaching (bad personnel, but we are an all time poor defense with only below average defenders), and his substitutions are just brutal. Calderon and Jack should never, ever be played together, and he never leaves guys in when they're hot, it doesn't matter how well someone like Jack, Weems, DeMar or Beli play, they're gonna get the same minutes no matter what. There is no excuse for not gluing Calderon to the bench and putting Jack out there with someone like Beli for the whole 4th.

Also, Reggie deserves exactly 0 minutes, we should be running a purely 3 big rotation with Bosh/Bargs/Amir. There was a stretch today when Reggie and Amir were out there together, that is just brutal.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 818

Post#33 » by disoblige » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 am

Would we have a better record if we still have Sam Mitchell as our coach ?
deno07
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#34 » by deno07 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:54 am

Triano keeps proving to everyone that he`s a terrible coach .The cancer on this team is Hedo,Jose and Wright. All 3 are bag lickers that Triano loves .Anybody that even mentions again that Wright is remotely good should be banned from this board .Hes awful,along with Hedo and Jose who looks so terrible against a good team.I honestly think with the guys hes playing that they will barley make the playoffs .He doesnt know how to use his bench properly and doesnt have the balls to bench the bust of the year in HEDO .
TheBat
Junior
And1: 10

Post#35 » by TheBat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

McFurious1 wrote:Here we go.... Jose make a freakin open 3 you had two tonight and 1 which could have won us the game. Go to the GYM and shoot till ur arms can't shoot no more, cause if you can't hit open shots then Banks should take your mintues cause we all know you can't play defense, and either Turk or Jack can handle the ball. So if you can't shoot you can't play... now GTFO.

Can we please stop with the Hedo handling the ball, Hedo is a point forward, Hedo can play PG comments? He is not a point guard. He is not the great ball handler people think he is. Jose was out there because the defence was pressuring the ball on every posession. Hedo turned the ball over every time he handled it. Jose wasn't the reason we were getting killed on defence either. It was Pau and Bynum down low. Our bigs were giving up position and they were getting easy layups.

Triano couldn't play jack the entire second half. It was the first game of a back to back. We could've brought Belli back in but do you really think he would lock down Kobe? Can anyone stop him? He will either make the shot or get the call. I think Jack and the zone defence did a great job containing him.

Triano's bad coaching got us to within a shot of beating LA. A loss that most of us expected. It's not like we got blown out.
outofbounds
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#36 » by outofbounds » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Only thing you can assume with Jose Calderon this season is that he whines when he doesn't get enough burn, i'm not sure how else you can explain him being thrown into the fire during key parts of the game when he is playing so poorly.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#37 » by Spragga » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Triano has to stop letting Jack or Jose play a entire quarter without rest. Jack played great in the 3rd but he let him sit too long in the 4th to let him rest.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#38 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm

If Triano hasnt realized this by now, he never will.

He will continue to play Jose for full quarter stretches.
He will continue to play Jose regardless of how bad he is shooting.
He will continue to play Jose as the main ball handler.
He will continue to play Jose and Jack together.
He will continue to play Jose in the 4th as one of our best 5 defenders.

Triano and jose have together increased by stress level by 10 folds this year. I started the season looking my age and now people will start to confuse me with my grandfather.

Im thinking of sending MLSE my psychiatric bills for the angst these 2 fools have and continue to cause me.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,863

Post#39 » by Raptors Realtor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

I really like both Calderon & Triano... but if I have a guy (Jack), who's getting to the basket at will, and who is playing with some fire... then there's no way I'm taking that guy out of the game, especially for 7 minutes of the 4th... that was nonsense!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,075

Post#40 » by Indeed » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

I was disappointed when I saw Jose playing with 3mins left.
However, I don't know who to replace him.

Wright isn't playing particularly well, and not sure if his shooting touch is there.
Belinelli might only be slightly better.
DeRozan isn't experience enough, he might ended up foul out before 2mins time.
Weems isn't a three point shooting threat.

Let's face it, our SG position is weak. Jack has done a great job containing Kobe for a few times, but Kobe can easily shoot over him.

Return to Toronto Raptors