ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Any NFL fans here? Read.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 37,051

Re: OT - Any NFL fans here? Read. 

Post#25 » by Dirk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:39 pm

Stromile12 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Hey peeps...

I passed on the invitation to my Real GM 20 team Keeper League on Yahoo...

Speaking of that league a franchise has opened up and needs a new owner. If you're interested in playing in a 20 team
Keeper/Dynasty league that has 4 divisions of 5 teams and is extremely active and full of fellow Real GMers let me know.

Only serious and active/competitive GM's will be considered thanks

20 team? :o

They even have to draft Bruno in their league.
60/21/10
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#26 » by Scott Hall » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:20 pm

Stromile12 wrote:

Speaking of that league a franchise has opened up and needs a new owner. If you're interested in playing in a 20 team
Keeper/Dynasty league that has 4 divisions of 5 teams and is extremely active and full of fellow Real GMers let me know.

20 team? :o

Yup 32 teams in the NFL so 20 is doable waivers are pretty thin so lots of strategic trading...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 58,398

Post#27 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:09 pm

I am not sure if your offer includes people outside of Toronto fans, but I might be interested if no one else joins, though I am not a big fan of yahoo for fantasy, but have played it multiple times. I am very active and usually run multiple leagues.

I have noticed typically when a team opens up for a keeper or dynasty league it is not usually a very good team. If it was, they probably wouldn't leave. But I'm always up for a challenge.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,290

Post#28 » by The Duke » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Biggest NFL fans of teams: BUF, NYG, DAL, NE, PHI, PIT, SEA
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#29 » by Scott Hall » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

I am not sure if your offer includes people outside of Toronto fans, but I might be interested if no one else joins, though I am not a big fan of yahoo for fantasy, but have played it multiple times. I am very active and usually run multiple leagues.

I have noticed typically when a team opens up for a keeper or dynasty league it is not usually a very good team. If it was, they probably wouldn't leave. But I'm always up for a challenge.

It's open to everybody I run 20 team NFL, NBA, MLB & NHL Real GM Yahoo Keeper Leagues. Most of the leagues have the
same core of people which includes all over Canada, U.S and some guys from Greece, Romania and the Philippines.

The guy who left retired from all leagues I found a replacement for him but this new guy started insulting me and
sending me spam email so I had to turf him immediately.

The team that is available has been very solid over the years but just lost Peyton Manning to retirement. You get
4 Keepers per year and re-draft your team. The team that is available wasn't a big trader so it has all it's draft picks
in their standard slots from what I recall. It also has the 5th pick in the draft.

The team is still available if you're interested
RealGM
And1: 66,590

Re: OT - Any NFL fans here? 

Post#30 » by 720 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Hepcat wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Probably not too many NFL fans here with no NFL team in Toronto. It would be great to have some participants here though with so many users here and our champ being a Raptors fan though.

I agree. The NFL, the choice of "Canadians" who like American beer.

:roll:

Hmmm...alrighty then.

He gets weirdly patriotic about the CFL for some reason don't mind him. Told me to leave the country one time because I said the CFL sucked or something like that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:49 pm

VC720 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Hepcat wrote:
I agree. The NFL, the choice of "Canadians" who like American beer.

:roll:

Hmmm...alrighty then.

He gets weirdly patriotic about the CFL for some reason don't mind him. Told me to leave the country one time because I said the CFL sucked or something like that.

Speaking of the NFL, and seeing you are a Tampa Bay fan, I am preparing for a mock draft and noticed Vincent Jackson was ranked way too low. This often happens when the season before wasn't as good, but I imagine Winston will be much improved this year after the way he finished. Is there any reason Jackson shouldn't be ranked pretty high and do well? He is the #1 option right?
RealGM
And1: 66,590

Post#32 » by 720 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:58 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
VC720 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Hmmm...alrighty then.

Speaking of the NFL, and seeing you are a Tampa Bay fan, I am preparing for a mock draft and noticed Vincent Jackson was ranked way too low. This often happens when the season before wasn't as good, but I imagine Winston will be much improved this year after the way he finished. Is there any reason Jackson shouldn't be ranked pretty high and do well? He is the #1 option right?

I think the combination of his injury and age is worrying people. He has been a workhorse for awhile so him missing game time last season has scared a lot of people.

Personally I think he is gonna be the clear number two option this year. Mike Evans got a huge increase in total targets (140+) this past year (partially do to Vjax's injury) and I think the trend is going to continue..
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,312

Post#33 » by Stromile12 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:18 am

Getting excited for my draft tomorrow, 3 keeper, 10 team standard scoring. I will post my team after the draft. I'd be interested to see how other RealGM'ers drafted this year.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:19 am

Stromile12 wrote:Getting excited for my draft tomorrow, 3 keeper, 10 team standard scoring. I will post my team after the draft. I'd be interested to see how other RealGM'ers drafted this year.

Here are our draft results and rosters....just finished this draft...RealGM'ers on the NFL General Forum board. viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1470498&start=141#start_here

It's an expanded roster league though...can start two QBs and IDP instead of Team D.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#35 » by Scott Hall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:
VC720 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Hmmm...alrighty then.

So I'm guessing that's a no?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#36 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:28 am

Scott Hall wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
VC720 wrote:He gets weirdly patriotic about the CFL for some reason don't mind him. Told me to leave the country one time because I said the CFL sucked or something like that.

On joining your league? Sorry, busy. Just got done with a draft. Was going to get back to you. Was still thinking about it. Can you send me a link to the details of the team? Never done keepers before. I like redrafts. I'll have to re strategize and look closer at rooks and stuff.
Scott Hall
RealGM

Post#37 » by Scott Hall » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

On joining your league? Sorry, busy. Just got done with a draft. Was going to get back to you. Was still thinking about it. Can you send me a link to the details of the team? Never done keepers before. I like redrafts. I'll have to re strategize and look closer at rooks and stuff.

Giovani Bernard
Reggie Bush
Vernon Davis
Eric Decker
A.J. Green
Javontee Herndon
Matt Jones
Peyton Manning
Ty Montgomery
Greg Olsen
Chris Polk
Mark Sanchez
Steve Smith Sr.
Reggie Wayne
Connor Barth
Adam Vinatieri
Seattle
*5th pick in upcoming draft*

- 4 Keepers per year (You can keep a player for as long as you want)
- 4 Divisions of 5 teams (North, South. East, West)
- 8 teams make the playoffs including division winners
- Trading of draft picks allowed
- Draft order based on standings worst to first
- Keeper deadline Wednesday August 31st
- Draft Monday September 5th 8:30pm Eastern

*Positives of joining*

- All team owners are extremely active and dedicated fantasy owners
- Your knowledge of the NFL is tested you have to know the league well instead of stars and starters
- More strategy with acquiring backups, starters for bye weeks and building for now AND the future
- Highly competitive league our baseball league was insane this year I was passing through 5-7 trades a day
for the last 2 weeks before the trade deadline.

There are a few GM's in our leagues that like to rebuild and star/good players are always available especially
if you're willing to pony up draft picks. New owners have come into the leagues and have been able to be
competitive from the start as they buy from the sellers.
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,312

Post#38 » by Stromile12 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Stromile12 wrote:Getting excited for my draft tomorrow, 3 keeper, 10 team standard scoring. I will post my team after the draft. I'd be interested to see how other RealGM'ers drafted this year.

Here are our draft results and rosters....just finished this draft...RealGM'ers on the NFL General Forum board. viewtopic.php?f=139&t=1470498&start=141#start_here

It's an expanded roster league though...can start two QBs and IDP instead of Team D.

Stacked those rb's early huh, I like it. I feel like there are more WR's that can be taken in later rounds that have good upside. I don't believe there are enough stud rb's this year so if you can get two, I personally think you will be in good shape. I know that all drafts are going brown/odb/julio but I am feeling the rb's from a standard scoring perspective.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:01 am

Scott Hall wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:

Giovani Bernard
Reggie Bush
Vernon Davis
Eric Decker
A.J. Green
Javontee Herndon
Matt Jones
Peyton Manning
Ty Montgomery
Greg Olsen
Chris Polk
Mark Sanchez
Steve Smith Sr.
Reggie Wayne
Connor Barth
Adam Vinatieri
Seattle

*Positives of joining*

- Your knowledge of the NFL is tested you have to know the league well instead of stars and starters
- More strategy with acquiring backups, starters for bye weeks and building for now AND the future
- Highly competitive league our baseball league was insane this year I was passing through 5-7 trades a day

Yeah, you know a team is bad when you can't think of four guys worth keeping. This would be a serious challenge. AJ Green is probably the only real keeper. None of the others would even go in the first 5 or 6 rounds in a new draft.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I also don't want to join something I would have little vested interested in. That isn't good for fantasy.

Keep looking for someone else, but if you become really hard pressed by the deadline, which appears to be close, I'll do it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:18 am

Stromile12 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Stacked those rb's early huh, I like it. I feel like there are more WR's that can be taken in later rounds that have good upside. I don't believe there are enough stud rb's this year so if you can get two, I personally think you will be in good shape. I know that all drafts are going brown/odb/julio but I am feeling the rb's from a standard scoring perspective.

I have been playing fantasy for YEARS and always took two RBs with the the first two picks. There is so much talk these days about how passing has taken over so QBs and WRs are more important, but the thing is, in my mind, now there are like 20 good qbs, and at least 12 extremely solid starters (probably more) and then I ALWAYS can get sleeper receivers (and there are probably about 50 worthy of starting while there are only about 20 running backs worthy of starting). In the last couple years I migrated occasionally to taking a WR with my second pick, but the position is so deep I just kind of hate doing that.

I almost always wait until every team has a qb, and fill up on RB/WR, and then I take two QBS in a row, and I usually not only have a solid starting QB, but the most solid backup.

I almost always make the playoffs with this strategy..I can only remember in the last decade or so not making it once and I am in multiple leagues each year..and I often get to the championship game, though I usually lose that one.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#41 » by theSkinny » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:36 am

How to win:

Figure out who the worst in the league the previous year, reach out to them.. Find out who they are picking each week and pick the exact opposite.

Should be sure fire?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:39 am

theSkinny wrote:How to win:

Figure out who the worst in the league the previous year, reach out to them.. Find out who they are picking each week and pick the exact opposite.

Should be sure fire?

If I had the first pick I'd take Ezekiel Elliott. I imagine all other top RBs are keepers. There is probably zero chance for me if I join to get anywhere this year but my best bet for long term strategy is to take as many rookies as possible that have the potential to be stars, because I will have no young keepers.

I haven't done a keeper league before, but entering one with a bad roster, I think that's about the only approach to take and consider it a long term strategy since the league continues year to year.

If anyone has any idea who those best rookie idea guys for long term strategy please chime in and let me know...much appreciated.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Giovani Bernard
Reggie Bush
Vernon Davis
Eric Decker
A.J. Green
Javontee Herndon
Matt Jones
Peyton Manning
Ty Montgomery
Greg Olsen
Chris Polk
Mark Sanchez
Steve Smith Sr.
Reggie Wayne
Connor Barth
Adam Vinatieri
Seattle

*Positives of joining*

Yeah, you know a team is bad when you can't think of four guys worth keeping. This would be a serious challenge. AJ Green is probably the only real keeper. None of the others would even go in the first 5 or 6 rounds in a new draft.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I also don't want to join something I would have little vested interested in. That isn't good for fantasy.

Keep looking for someone else, but if you become really hard pressed by the deadline, which appears to be close, I'll do it.

See post above mine. I pointed him here in case you still needed someone. If you haven't found someone and he doesn't want to do it after seeing details, please send me the details as I will need to develop strategy before tomorrow's keeper deadline.
Diamondman07
Pro Prospect
And1: 266

Post#44 » by Diamondman07 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:19 am

That's a rough team, but if taking that guranted me a spot in the other sports id be interested.
THREE Time Dunn Elementary Paper Air Plane launch champion

Return to Toronto Raptors