ImageImageImageImageImage

The Gradey Dick Thread Part 3

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,294

Re: The Gradey Dick Thread Part 3 

Post#241 » by Chandan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:27 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
Reeko wrote:
ruckus wrote:
What did you mean by allegiance/ affiliation?

Masonic affiliations.

First of all, Gradey Dick’s name was on the Epstein flight logs.

Relationships between Gradey Dick and the Freemasons trace back to 1913, and how JP Morgan himself lead the creation of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

If Gradeys name is on the list he's part of the main course and not the guest list
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,698

Post#242 » by shmoosicle » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:Lol

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Lol good diplomatic answer. I saw the jersey swap clip made it to Jimmy Kimmel's late night show too.
"I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who looked good - I would call her, I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat and a '64 Impala" - Skee-Lo
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,986

Post#243 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I can see Raptors PR coaching him after…

“Great job on reciting the lines Gradey, but you can’t laugh when you’re saying it.”
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,817

Post#244 » by Dennis 37 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:32 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

“Great job on reciting the lines Gradey, but you can’t laugh when you’re saying it.”

When at Tim Hortons and the server asks if that will be everything, I answer, "Well no, if I ordered everything there would be nothing left and you would have to go home." Then I hold the straight face and let it soak in.

Our local grocery store used to have a sign by the cashiers, "Please tell us if you are getting our flyer." When finished ringing in my groceries the clerk would usually say, "Is that everything?" and I would respond (mixing it up from my Tim Horton's line) "Yes, and I am getting your flyer." After a confused number of seconds, I point to the sign and say, "The sign informs me ... to tell you... if I am getting your flyer... and I am." Then hold the straight face.

The youngin's just can't play the straight man.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#245 » by ArthurVandelay » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:08 pm

Next jersey swap

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,024

Post#246 » by Coco Costanza » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:33 am

Dick isn't really doing anything to stand apart from his teammates, right now...
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#247 » by positivetension » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:02 am

Coco Costanza wrote:Dick isn't really doing anything to stand apart from his teammates, right now...

His game doesn't fit the G League.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,625

Post#248 » by mdenny » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:07 am

Dennis 37 wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

When at Tim Hortons and the server asks if that will be everything, I answer, "Well no, if I ordered everything there would be nothing left and you would have to go home." Then I hold the straight face and let it soak in.

Our local grocery store used to have a sign by the cashiers, "Please tell us if you are getting our flyer." When finished ringing in my groceries the clerk would usually say, "Is that everything?" and I would respond (mixing it up from my Tim Horton's line) "Yes, and I am getting your flyer." After a confused number of seconds, I point to the sign and say, "The sign informs me ... to tell you... if I am getting your flyer... and I am." Then hold the straight face.

The youngin's just can't play the straight man.

When I was young and wild (and intoxicated)....me and a buddy smashed part of a lightbulb sign that said "free".....at which point the sign said "buy one get one". We thought that was really funny.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,269

Post#249 » by HumbleRen » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:07 am

Coco Costanza wrote:Dick isn't really doing anything to stand apart from his teammates, right now...

I
He’s a role player and his skillset is tailored made to be one.

If he doesn’t have good players on the floor with him, he’s practically useless.

I wouldn’t judge him too much in games without RJ/Scottie or IQ on the flooor.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,736

Post#250 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:44 am

HumbleRen wrote:

I

If he doesn’t have good players on the floor with him, he’s practically useless.

Ever since he's been starting it hasn't gone well.

He was in a grove coming off the bench.
Appostis
Veteran
And1: 2,259

Post#251 » by Appostis » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:15 am

Psubs wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:

I

Ever since he's been starting it hasn't gone well.

He was in a grove coming off the bench.

Well something fair to say since he's been starting..

Since he's been starting with three to four of the other top options being out... His entire style of play that has been expected of him has basically been tossed aside.

It's okay this is a learning experience.
Trial by fire but I wouldn't really put any real thought into the on court results.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,939

Post#252 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:49 am

Since being inserted into the starting lineup, his %s have tanked, but that isn't all that surprising. At 19/20, he's not ready to be one the top offensive options against the opposing teams best players, especially considering the poor lineups the Raps are playing right now.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#253 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Dick has been struggling for all the reasons mentioned.

One point that I don't think has been made...it goes to show the importance of actually having some legit players on a roster. OKC is the exception to this rule, while I would say Detroit is more the norm.

Dick is getting good experience right now but if this was the entire season, it would be very difficult to see him getting better.

With him it all comes down to 1) strength and that is going to take some time, and 2) as much as I like Dick, he isn't a star and he needs some talent around him to really show what he can do.
positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,150

Post#254 » by positivetension » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:24 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Dick has been struggling for all the reasons mentioned.

One point that I don't think has been made...it goes to show the importance of actually having some legit players on a roster. OKC is the exception to this rule, while I would say Detroit is more the norm.

Dick is getting good experience right now but if this was the entire season, it would be very difficult to see him getting better.

With him it all comes down to 1) strength and that is going to take some time, and 2) as much as I like Dick, he isn't a star and he needs some talent around him to really show what he can do.

On the note of needing talent around him, he started last night's game with 3 quick assists. He didn't get another assist after but not because he wasn't finding open shooters, they just kept clanking them.

If these games are throwaways, I want to see Darko give him more opportunities to create plays on offense.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,782

Post#255 » by C_Money » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 pm

He hit the rookie wall. Happens to the best of us.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 44,042

Post#256 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:36 pm

I'm happy he at least showed signs of being a player in this league. Now onto proper yearly growth
PD28
General Manager
And1: 13,491

Post#257 » by PD28 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:44 pm

Gradey getting a crash course on being one of the focal points of the offense and the main assignment on defense.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,736

Post#258 » by Psubs » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:23 pm

C_Money wrote:He hit the rookie wall. Happens to the best of us.

I thought this but really it coincides with him having to start and being moved up the ladder in the offense.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach

Post#259 » by ArthurVandelay » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:16 pm

Psubs wrote:
C_Money wrote:He hit the rookie wall. Happens to the best of us.

I thought this but really it coincides with him having to start and being moved up the ladder in the offense.

Yup. With the roster so depleted, he's on the opposing team scouting report for sure.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,506

Post#260 » by Reeko » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:57 am

Gradey is a pretty selfless player, if you throw him out there with a bunch of me first, low level players, he's not going to shine. It's too early in his development for him to succeed as an individual when he's playing with a bunch of scrubs. We saw this when he was playing in the G league and people swore up and down that if he couldn't be good there then he was bound to be a bust. No, this stretch of games does not mean that his ceiling is that of a role player.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.

Return to Toronto Raptors