ImageImageImageImageImage

GT#76 - Raps @ Wolves Wed Apr 3 @ 8 PM EDT TSN/590 - 6 Games Left

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

sbsat
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,678

Re: GT#76 - Raps @ Wolves Wed Apr 3 @ 8 PM EDT TSN/590 - 6 Games Left 

Post#261 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:36 am

TimeForChange wrote:imagine darko keeps losing thinking that's what management wants and they fire him anyways because his teams have not been prepared to play all season.

man that would be incredible :lol:

I expect they will dispose of him partway through next year. Thats the earliest possible imo
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Post#262 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:36 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:No you're not when the coach is playing 8 guys and 6 of those 8 guys should only ever play in garbage time...except that they are playing 25+ minutes each. You're wasting your time drawing conclusions from that. So your outrage is misplaced and inappropriate given the reality of the situation.

I am not drawing conclusions based off of one game jesus.

Drawing conclusions from any game since Scottie went down...is pointless.

Hell...drawing conclusions from this mess of a season is pointless. Clearly a trade was needed and a shake-up of the roster was needed ever since last summer...so while I'm disappointed we didn't start the season well...once the trades started happening you had expect the team to take a step back. Too much change all at once. Too many guys playing for their next contracts. Not enough time to gel before Scottie went down and once that happened...everyone knew the tank was going to happen.

No point drawing any conclusions from this season.

He's not worth it.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,847

Post#263 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:37 am

Chandan wrote:
Klomp wrote:I feel for you guys right now. We felt your pain as Wolves fans from 2009 to 2011. The start of the David Kahn era. Kurt Rambis. Darko Milicic as "manna from heaven." A dark, dark time. But better times are ahead.

A lot of people here thinks it's a one year tank and we will be back to being good in like 1 year or 2 :lol: :lol:

I think a lot of people are just anticipating what Masai is going to inevitably do and that’s make some win now moves in the off season. Tank is done after this season I’d lay a bet365 on it.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#264 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:38 am

remember when it took until February 26th to have a 3-game winning streak for this team :lol:

it was before Scottie's injury, so we are allowed to discuss that.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,925

Post#265 » by OAKLEY_2 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:39 am

Who fn cares. Bring on the (hopefully) 3 picks. This season is toast so it is just suffering at this point to get to the lotto. We will get there but Silverland might deny us the pick on account of 1. upsetting James Dolan by stealing his soul which he calls intellectual property. 2. Coach going extra postal on the officials. 3. Jontay walking away with countless hustled millions. 4. Blatant tanking and DNPing everyone and their Uncle. If we swing and miss our lotto pick then draft night deals it is. Lots of players to like in this draft but no real stars. Yet......
TimeForChange
Sixth Man

Post#266 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:39 am

sbsat wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:imagine darko keeps losing thinking that's what management wants and they fire him anyways because his teams have not been prepared to play all season.

man that would be incredible :lol:

I expect they will dispose of him partway through next year. Thats the earliest possible imo

I think MLSE is hurting for money so they probably keep him around instead of having to pay him.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,565

Post#267 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:39 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
I am not drawing conclusions based off of one game jesus.

Drawing conclusions from any game since Scottie went down...is pointless.

Hell...drawing conclusions from this mess of a season is pointless. Clearly a trade was needed and a shake-up of the roster was needed ever since last summer...so while I'm disappointed we didn't start the season well...once the trades started happening you had expect the team to take a step back. Too much change all at once. Too many guys playing for their next contracts. Not enough time to gel before Scottie went down and once that happened...everyone knew the tank was going to happen.

I dont live my life throwing away information . That makes zero sense. You dont seem to understand this very basic concept despite me explaining it on 5 different ways. Be well

No coach could take the roster we've had without Scottie, Jakob, RJ and Quick and have success with it. So...what information could you possibly draw from that? I'm sorry but when you're starting Jevon Freeman-Liberty along with Gradey, Bruce Brown, McDaniels and Olynyk...that's not winning against anyone. We already know this...yet you think you can get anything else out of that?
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#268 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:39 am

TimeForChange wrote:remember when it took until February 26th to have a 3-game winning streak for this team :lol:

Were any players foot out the door at that time? Just wondering because darko had to deal with that too.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man

Post#269 » by TimeForChange » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:41 am

sbsat wrote:
TimeForChange wrote:remember when it took until February 26th to have a 3-game winning streak for this team :lol:

Were any players foot out the door at that time? Just wondering because darko had to deal with that too.

:lol:

the mental gymnastics that dude is going through to defend papa darko.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#270 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:42 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:Drawing conclusions from any game since Scottie went down...is pointless.

I dont live my life throwing away information . That makes zero sense. You dont seem to understand this very basic concept despite me explaining it on 5 different ways. Be well

No coach could take the roster we've had without Scottie, Jakob, RJ and Quick and have success with it. So...what information could you possibly draw from that? I'm sorry but when you're starting Jevon Freeman-Liberty along with Gradey, Bruce Brown, McDaniels and Olynyk...that's not winning against anyone. We already know this...yet you think you can get anything else out of that?

Dude do you actually read posts? Its a serious q.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#271 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:43 am

sbsat wrote:

It's great when your team is 2nd in the league for most different starting line-ups this season. The roster has been a revolving door all season long. But sure...we're expecting great success when that happens.

Championship teams are the ones when every other game there's a guy traded/called up/shifted up the depth chart. Right. :lol:
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#272 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:43 am

We're defending the trade, that tells you all we need to know about our season.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#273 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:44 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

Once again...there is no information to gain or throw away from a wasted season for a team that's clearly shifting directions mid-season.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#274 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:45 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:No coach could take the roster we've had without Scottie, Jakob, RJ and Quick and have success with it. So...what information could you possibly draw from that? I'm sorry but when you're starting Jevon Freeman-Liberty along with Gradey, Bruce Brown, McDaniels and Olynyk...that's not winning against anyone. We already know this...yet you think you can get anything else out of that?

Once again...there is no information to gain or throw away from a wasted season for a team that's clearly shifting directions mid-season.

If there is no information why do you watch gradey dick play?
mtcan
RealGM

Post#275 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:46 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

I want to see him get shots up.
sbsat
Lead Assistant

Post#276 » by sbsat » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:47 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:Once again...there is no information to gain or throw away from a wasted season for a team that's clearly shifting directions mid-season.

But there is no info to be gained based on your own words. And you tell me i need a life? :lol:
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Post#277 » by Chandan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:47 am

mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:No coach could take the roster we've had without Scottie, Jakob, RJ and Quick and have success with it. So...what information could you possibly draw from that? I'm sorry but when you're starting Jevon Freeman-Liberty along with Gradey, Bruce Brown, McDaniels and Olynyk...that's not winning against anyone. We already know this...yet you think you can get anything else out of that?

it's a wasted season long before Scottie's injury.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#278 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:48 am

sbsat wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

But there is no info to be gained based on your own words. And you tell me i need a life? :lol:

True...there is none to be gained. I didn't claim I have a life. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm just sadistic.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,773

Post#279 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:51 am

Come for the basketball, stay for the Dick play.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#280 » by mtcan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:51 am

Chandan wrote:
mtcan wrote:
sbsat wrote:

it's a wasted season long before Scottie's injury.

I agree and am on record having said that a few posts above.

Changes needed to be made 2 summers ago. Front office **** up not trading Pascal to this past summer ATL when it's possible that the offer might have been a better. Starting the season and hoping that Dennis Schroeder would lead us to the playoffs was stupid and short-sighted by Masai.

I'm happy we made those trades eventually and I think bringing back RJ and Quick likely means we won't be Detroit-level bad for the next 5 years.

Return to Toronto Raptors