ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,733

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 4 

Post#281 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 1:28 am

DG88 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:Looking ahead to the 2025 draft there are some nice looking prospects who could be in the 8-15 range that I'd love to pair with the core.

But back to this draft I know that I like Devin Carter, Jaylon Tyson and DaRon Holmes. Will need to look at others and make a list of my top 5-6 prospects for either pick.

Devin Carter is a SG/PG that is turning 23 this coming season. I guess at best he's a mini Jalen Williams? He won't be there at 19 but still if the coin toss had us at #16, what makes him a better choice than Carrington?

Carrington is turning 19 this season. A/T over 2. Similar height and wingspan. He does get more deflections, but Carrington could develop that part of his defensive game over the next few years. Carrington is slightly taller but then makes it passable to play beside IQ, whereas Carter might just end up being a Lillard/McCollum pairing.

Still have to look at the film on Carrington but he's on my radar though.

His %'s aren't great because he's taking such difficult 3's on the move and from NBA and beyond range at times. He looks like he'll able to make an kind of shot. He at least looks balanced even on transition 3's.

REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,802

Post#282 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 1:33 am

Masai will assess Maluach's performance and draft stock and coordinate the tank perfectly so that he won't end up too high where he'd be forced to take a Dylan Harper and be right where he wants to be for his new adopted child. He will risk his entire career for Maluach.

REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant

Post#283 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 1:36 am

Masai I'm sure views Maluach as some kind of ubermensch, the greatest most perfect African prospect to emerge during his time that he can conceivably acquire. Their destinies are already tied together. Masai will trade every asset not named Scottie Barnes for him. Just wait and see.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,636

Post#284 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 1:39 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai I'm sure views Maluach as some kind of ubermensch, the greatest most perfect African prospect to emerge during his time that he can conceivably acquire. Their destinies are already tied together. Masai will trade every asset not named Scottie Barnes for him. Just wait and see.

Praying that’s true…if not Flagg or Bailey would a fantastic “fallback” lol personally I don’t believe MLSE will allow Masai to do so, they want their ticket sales hell or high water.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,579

Post#285 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:39 am

DG88 wrote:Looking ahead to the 2025 draft there are some nice looking prospects who could be in the 8-15 range that I'd love to pair with the core.

But back to this draft I know that I like Devin Carter, Jaylon Tyson and DaRon Holmes. Will need to look at others and make a list of my top 5-6 prospects for either pick.

Yup, these are pretty popular names around these parts. I'd be VERY surprised if Carter was still there but I'm fairly certain the others will be at #19.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#286 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 1:42 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai I'm sure views Maluach as some kind of ubermensch, the greatest most perfect African prospect to emerge during his time that he can conceivably acquire. Their destinies are already tied together. Masai will trade every asset not named Scottie Barnes for him. Just wait and see.

He'll be just a C. He might be close to Shaq beasting but not the perfect African prospect. Maybe like a bigger Giannis though. :D

I think that Chomche eventually is what you are describing. Chomche can shoot the 3 and guard 3-5.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 am

PhilBlackson wrote:

Praying that’s true…if not Flagg or Bailey would a fantastic “fallback” lol personally I don’t believe MLSE will allow Masai to do so, they want their ticket sales hell or high water.

Maluach is going to be a pain to rank next year because of how raw he still is. Hopefully his numbers at Duke paint a better picture of what's really there.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#288 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 1:45 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:

Yup, these are pretty popular names around these parts. I'd be VERY surprised if Carter was still there but I'm fairly certain the others will be at #19.

Agreed but they seem to be safe picks. Is adding like a Nikola Jovic or Jaime Jacquez going to get them out of treadmilling?

I would argue that we could just use the cap space and sign players that would be proven and just as effective as a safe pick at #19.
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#289 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:46 am

Yallbecrazy wrote:
REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:Reed Sheppard would benefit the most from playing with Wemby. Can still be super aggressive and gamble on defense with Wemby to protect rim. Also won't have to create as much on offense and can just focus on hitting the open looks he'll get from playing with Wemby.

I love Sheppard in Houston so I didn't even entertain that.

Offensively with Sengun as the creator would probably be an even better fit, but defensively might struggle.

I'm thinking if Topic doesn't get taken by the Spurs (HIGHLY doubt they pass on him), he could slide quite a bit. Charlotte could bite but Portland and Detroit won't take him. He could get scooped up at 8 by the Spurs instead of 4.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#290 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 1:47 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

Maluach is going to be a pain to rank next year because of how raw he still is. Hopefully his numbers at Duke paint a better picture of what's really there.

Likely higher ranked than Missi and I could see him as being on par with Clingan as a prospect that might go 10-14 because of the the high skilled players in the top 10.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#291 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 1:49 am

Psubs wrote:

He'll be just a C. He might be close to Shaq beasting but not the perfect African prospect. Maybe like a bigger Giannis though. :D

I think that Chomche eventually is what you are describing. Chomche can shoot the 3 and guard 3-5.

Did you watch Malauch’s highlights?!

He’s closer to Embiid skill wise (not as skilled obv) than Giannis, as in he’s not reliant on athleticism like Giannis and is actually really talented & skilled for a player his height/size. But he’s not as heavy as Embiid so should have better health. I actually have no idea why most boards don’t mention him pushing Flagg for that 1st pick. If Malauch reaches his potential I actually like his upside more. He’s much better prospect than Clingan.

I’m praying we can somehow tank for him.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Rapsfan07
RealGM

Post#292 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 am

REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai will assess Maluach's performance and draft stock and coordinate the tank perfectly so that he won't end up too high where he'd be forced to take a Dylan Harper and be right where he wants to be for his new adopted child. He will risk his entire career for Maluach.

I fully expect him or Chomche to be the pick at #19.

He might even move Barnes to get him if necessary.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#293 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
Yallbecrazy wrote:
REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:
I love Sheppard in Houston so I didn't even entertain that.

Offensively with Sengun as the creator would probably be an even better fit, but defensively might struggle.

I'm thinking if Topic doesn't get taken by the Spurs (HIGHLY doubt they pass on him), he could slide quite a bit. Charlotte could bite but Portland and Detroit won't take him. He could get scooped up at 8 by the Spurs instead of 4.

I think the Spurs will take one of Risacher or Buzelis with their first pick then wait for Topic to fall to them with our pick.
REJECTEDBYCLARK
Lead Assistant

Post#294 » by REJECTEDBYCLARK » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 am

Looks like Wasserman just released a new mock and loves Reed in Houston too.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#295 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 13, 2024 1:55 am

Rapsfan07 wrote:
REJECTEDBYCLARK wrote:Masai will assess Maluach's performance and draft stock and coordinate the tank perfectly so that he won't end up too high where he'd be forced to take a Dylan Harper and be right where he wants to be for his new adopted child. He will risk his entire career for Maluach.

I fully expect him or Chomche to be the pick at #19.

He might even move Barnes to get him if necessary.

LOL there’s no chance we trade Scottie, c’mon.

Malauch is next year but yeah I think we’re drafting Chomche this year. That’s just such an obvious Masai pick.
grant101
Pro Prospect
And1: 638

Post#296 » by grant101 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:55 am

Psubs wrote:

Not sure what video you watched that showed Chomche can guard 3-5. He gets lost all the time on that end and was frequently blown-by or just didn't challenge shots the couple games I saw. He's raw raw.
BoyzNTheHood
Head Coach
And1: 5,849

Post#297 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 am

Do we swing for the fences at 19, or at 31?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,754

Post#298 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:58 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Do we swing for the fences at 19, or at 31?

In Raptor Ball I Trust
BoyzNTheHood
Head Coach
And1: 5,849

Post#299 » by BoyzNTheHood » Mon May 13, 2024 1:59 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:Do we swing for the fences at 19, or at 31?

Chomche?
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,784

Post#300 » by DG88 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:03 am

Psubs wrote:
DG88 wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Devin Carter is a SG/PG that is turning 23 this coming season. I guess at best he's a mini Jalen Williams? He won't be there at 19 but still if the coin toss had us at #16, what makes him a better choice than Carrington?

Carrington is turning 19 this season. A/T over 2. Similar height and wingspan. He does get more deflections, but Carrington could develop that part of his defensive game over the next few years. Carrington is slightly taller but then makes it passable to play beside IQ, whereas Carter might just end up being a Lillard/McCollum pairing.

Still have to look at the film on Carrington but he's on my radar though.

His %'s aren't great because he's taking such difficult 3's on the move and from NBA and beyond range at times. He looks like he'll able to make an kind of shot. He at least looks balanced even on transition 3's.

Watched a couple vids and he looks impressive my main concern is he really relies on his jumpshot. Would like to see more rim pressure from him. May see more of it in a more open court in the NBA.

Return to Toronto Raptors