ImageImageImageImageImage

2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Re: 2023-24 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V3.0 

Post#301 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon May 13, 2024 4:38 am

Ackshun wrote:What y’all think about Klay Thompson in a raps jersey?

It would take a little renouncing but financially, I think we can get there. He only missed 5 games this year and played almost 30mpg. His 41% from three seems perfect next to RJ/Barnes/IQ. We’d probably need to overpay and I’ve been vocal about keeping our financial flexibility, but is this potentially a buy-low opportunity? Like, 3 years/70 million and I think I’m happy. He would play off the ball all night and give us that beautiful spacing.

Rather tank for Flagg than be a play in contender with Klay and those kness. I don't see Klay taking a 3/$70 million deal he will be overpaid by a team looking for a veteran shooter
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,618

Post#302 » by Ackshun » Mon May 13, 2024 11:35 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

It would take a little renouncing but financially, I think we can get there. He only missed 5 games this year and played almost 30mpg. His 41% from three seems perfect next to RJ/Barnes/IQ. We’d probably need to overpay and I’ve been vocal about keeping our financial flexibility, but is this potentially a buy-low opportunity? Like, 3 years/70 million and I think I’m happy. He would play off the ball all night and give us that beautiful spacing.

Rather tank for Flagg than be a play in contender with Klay and those kness. I don't see Klay taking a 3/$70 million deal he will be overpaid by a team looking for a veteran shooter

Yeah. Fair .. but in case nobody overpays him?

Masai don’t tank for Flagg, plus we just saw evidence again that tanking no longer works.. Atlanta had a 3% chance.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,478

Post#303 » by Asif16 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 pm

agkagk wrote:
Asif16 wrote:If the Warriors give you 1st rd Pick to get off Andrew Wiggin's contract (For Bruce Brown)....do we do that trade?

That way we keep our team competitive with Wiggins but also keep adding to our asset base. I really think Masai is going hard after the Canadians lmao

Wiggins is not a negative contract.

Hes a top 5, most likely top 3 3 and d wing

Hes in his prime and locked into a decent salary.

He had a bad 2.5 months to start the year.

Go look at his 2024 stats and compare it to his 3 year average.

19th pick, bruce brown and boucher for wiggins and moody.

I think its highway robbery for us but looks fair on paper

Lol

I totally agree, and it's one of the reasons I want the Raptors to pounce on this opportunity. The Warriors are backed up against the wall with the Luxury tax implications of the new tax rules and if they want to bring back Klay...they will need to dump Wiggins.

Its also stated that the Warriors love Kuminga and want to give him more playing time. He needs a contract extension soon.

Bruce Brown would lower their tax bill significantly while also giving them a player that can help them stay competitive

Immanuel Quickley
RJ Barrett
Andrew Wiggins
Scottie Barnes
Jakon Poetl

On paper...that's a really solid starting lineup
Asif16
RealGM

Post#304 » by Asif16 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:56 pm

Dont see Klay leaving and honestly...we need to target Wiggins instead. I think the warriors and raptors make a lot of sense as trade partners.

High Volume trade Target: Wiggins
Low volume target: Moses Moody

Getting both would be cherry on top but I doubt it.

W need to take advantage of the Warriors CBA tax bind
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,908

Post#305 » by agkagk » Mon May 13, 2024 2:05 pm

Asif16 wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Asif16 wrote:If the Warriors give you 1st rd Pick to get off Andrew Wiggin's contract (For Bruce Brown)....do we do that trade?

That way we keep our team competitive with Wiggins but also keep adding to our asset base. I really think Masai is going hard after the Canadians lmao

Lol

I totally agree, and it's one of the reasons I want the Raptors to pounce on this opportunity. The Warriors are backed up against the wall with the Luxury tax implications of the new tax rules and if they want to bring back Klay...they will need to dump Wiggins.

Its also stated that the Warriors love Kuminga and want to give him more playing time. He needs a contract extension soon.

Bruce Brown would lower their tax bill significantly while also giving them a player that can help them stay competitive

Immanuel Quickley
RJ Barrett
Andrew Wiggins
Scottie Barnes
Jakon Poetl

If you believe in a trio of scottie - rj - quick

Then lets go.

Fun fact: masai got fair value for og’s bird rights and he still ripped them off agaIn.

Rj like 24 battle tested, strong character ridiculously high floor player.

Lets go.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,195

Post#306 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:17 pm

Asif16 wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Lol

Immanuel Quickley
RJ Barrett
Andrew Wiggins
Scottie Barnes
Jakon Poetl

"looks like highway robbery"

ya because it probably is.

going from GTJ to Wiggins becomes solid? i would say its probably similar to last year if anything. the big thing is if Poeltl stays healthy.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#307 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:24 pm

what would a package for Ingram look like without BBQ?

Poeltl?

Brown/Boucher?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,706

Post#308 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 2:29 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:what would a package for Ingram look like without BBQ?

Poeltl?

Brown/Boucher?

New Orleans would want to reduce payroll. Maybe McDaniels who they would waive.

Poeltl, Agbaji and McDaniels? Boucher

I think we could create a bidding war between OKC and New Orleans for Poeltl. :nod:
Asif16
RealGM

Post#309 » by Asif16 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Asif16 wrote:
agkagk wrote:

Lol

Immanuel Quickley
RJ Barrett
Andrew Wiggins
Scottie Barnes
Jakon Poetl

going from GTJ to Wiggins becomes solid? i would say its probably similar to last year if anything. the big thing is if Poeltl stays healthy.

Are you seriously insinuating we had RJ Barrett and Quickley on the floor with Scottie and Poetl for the whole season? They played like 10 games together max. Add a Wiggins and its solid for sure

Granted any wiggins deal also has me attaining a future asset from GS as well for taking the contract off their hands
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#310 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:31 pm

Psubs wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:what would a package for Ingram look like without BBQ?

Poeltl?

Brown/Boucher?

New Orleans would want to reduce payroll. Maybe McDaniels who they would waive.

Poeltl, Agbaji and McDaniels? Boucher

I think we could create a bidding war between OKC and New Orleans for Poeltl. :nod:

considering that they are not interested in bringing back Jonas, NO could benefit getting a center like Poeltl

the high/low action between Poeltl and Zion could be one of the most effective front court offensive tandems
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#311 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm

Asif16 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Asif16 wrote:

Immanuel Quickley
RJ Barrett
Andrew Wiggins
Scottie Barnes
Jakon Poetl

Are you seriously insinuating we had RJ Barrett and Quickley on the floor with Scottie and Poetl for the whole season? They played like 10 games together max. Add a Wiggins and its solid for sure

Granted any wiggins deal also has me attaining a future asset from GS as well for taking the contract off their hands

ya it won't happen.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,799

Post#312 » by Michael Jordan » Mon May 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Houston is potentially shopping the 3rd pick in the 2024 draft, I think there's an opportunity for the Raps to do a pick-swap while taking Adams in exchange for Brown/GTJ/Poeltl.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,376

Post#313 » by alpngso » Mon May 13, 2024 2:53 pm

Edey is a freaking beast
7'3.75 (w/o shoes)
299 lbs
7'10.75" wingspan
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#314 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon May 13, 2024 2:59 pm

Ackshun wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

Yeah. Fair .. but in case nobody overpays him?

Masai don’t tank for Flagg, plus we just saw evidence again that tanking no longer works.. Atlanta had a 3% chance.

don't count on it happening every year but current lottery odds defintiely does not incentivize huge tanking where a team sells off their entire team like a Marlins-styled sell-off
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,893

Post#315 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon May 13, 2024 3:05 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:Houston is potentially shopping the 3rd pick in the 2024 draft, I think there's an opportunity for the Raps to do a pick-swap while taking Adams in exchange for Brown/GTJ/Poeltl.

I wish.

I just can't see anyone using a top 3 pick to trade for Brown/GTJ/Poeltl.
ArthurVandelay
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,893

Post#316 » by ArthurVandelay » Mon May 13, 2024 3:07 pm

I'm really hoping OKC loses the next two games and they recognize a need for a legit C.

Dieng and a 2025 pick (Miami or Philly) for Poeltl would work for me.
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 255

Post#317 » by Consequence » Mon May 13, 2024 3:13 pm

[x]
Read on Twitter
[/x]

Bro needed to eat a couple of deep dishes this week, 164lbs?
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,278

Post#318 » by MiamiSPX » Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:Houston is potentially shopping the 3rd pick in the 2024 draft, I think there's an opportunity for the Raps to do a pick-swap while taking Adams in exchange for Brown/GTJ/Poeltl.

Pretty sure HOU traded for Adams because they actually wanted him. It's consistent with their new style of bringing in respected vets-.....like FVV and Jeff Green. By all accounts, Adams is one of those most beloved teammates in the league.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,706

Post#319 » by Psubs » Mon May 13, 2024 3:47 pm

Asif16 wrote:

Dont see Klay leaving and honestly...we need to target Wiggins instead. I think the warriors and raptors make a lot of sense as trade partners.

High Volume trade Target: Wiggins
Low volume target: Moses Moody

Getting both would be cherry on top but I doubt it.

W need to take advantage of the Warriors CBA tax bind

Would they trade a 2026 1st pick?

Wiggins, Moody and 2026 1st pick top 4 protected?

Ochai Agbaji, Chris Boucher and McDaniels

Min I would do is Wiggins and Moody for Bruce Brown and Ochai Agbaji.
RaptorLakerJay
Senior
And1: 274

Post#320 » by RaptorLakerJay » Mon May 13, 2024 4:42 pm

IQ / Dunn or Lowry
Barrett / Dick
Wiggins / Robert Covington
Scottie / Kelly
Jak / Jalen Smith or JV

Return to Toronto Raptors