ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: 13 Game Losing Streak

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 63,063

Re: PG: 13 Game Losing Streak 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:35 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:I didn't want the trade and still don't like the trade. Timing and fit wise it just didn't make sense and really reeked of a FO being told to drive revenue.

I really like Poeltl. I think his value as a center is often underrated by many people and he's really good. Top 15 for sure, at times can appear in the top 12. The perception of Poeltl is being driven by the trade.

At 19.5 flat, he's a great value contract going forward.

I was fine with the trade initially because I thought we were going to continue to build with Scottie/Siakam/OG, but it's looking more and more like a very questionable trade due to its timing (Siakam and OG up for big contracts then eventually traded) as well as the lack of protection on the pick. I like Poeltl as a player and it is clear his impact is well worth the ~20M/year (we're 36-40 with Poeltl since the trade and 2-22 with him out of the lineup), but last year's pick (which could have been top 10) and this year's pick (or next year's pick, whichever ends up conveying) are always going to be talking points when it comes to Poeltl's contributions to the team. I don't think it's near as big of a deal as most because the chances of us landing Wemby were extremely miniscule and Gradey would still have been a great pick around 10, but it kind of took away a lot of flexibility.

100%.

Lottery protect that **** ing pick. Top 14, top 10, THEN top 6. the Protections just didn't make sense to me.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,868

Post#42 » by Pointgod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:36 pm

720 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:"Tanking" just to lose the pick because Masai and Bobby wanted their top 10 center

Getting a top ten centre is a great outcome as we are probably going to end up giving away a 16-17 pick next year. And then we end up getting a top six pick this year....man TWO is sure hard to please. Lots of fine young vet assets and Scottie Barnes. Plus a high pick, and two more picks this year? Masai and co. Did a great job

This level of Homerism is crazy

The mind of a Masai apologist is fascinating lol.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,887

Post#43 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:41 pm

t54zhao wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
TheAlchemist23 wrote:"Tanking" just to lose the pick because Masai and Bobby wanted their top 10 center

Getting a top ten centre is a great outcome as we are probably going to end up giving away a 16-17 pick next year. And then we end up getting a top six pick this year....man TWO is sure hard to please. Lots of fine young vet assets and Scottie Barnes. Plus a high pick, and two more picks this year? Masai and co. Did a great job

Theres a 54% chance right now that we lose the pick for this year.

And a 46 percent chance we do. Half this board has advocated on a yearly basis that we tank an entire season for a 14.5 percent chance at the top pick - the shifting sands of TWO are hilarious - clearly so bitter that there "theory" has worked as much as a broken clock does per day.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:46 pm

Pointgod wrote:
720 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

This level of Homerism is crazy

Not as fascinating as a bunch who denies the evidence that we have been a top team over the past decade including a championship.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,276

Post#45 » by Chandan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:47 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
t54zhao wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

And a 46 percent chance we do. Half this board has advocated on a yearly basis that we tank an entire season for a 14.5 percent chance at the top pick - the shifting sands of TWO are hilarious - clearly so bitter that there "theory" has worked as much as a broken clock does per day.

14.5% for a generational player that could be a dynasty building block? sign me up. If you dont even try you are a moron.
There are 30 teams in the league,14% chance is gigantic for a move that allows a team to have a overwhelming advantage against the rest of the playing field.
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:53 pm

Chandan wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

14.5% for a generational player that could be a dynasty building block? sign me up. If you dont even try you are a moron.
There are 30 teams in the league,14% chance is gigantic for a move that allows a team to have a overwhelming advantage against the rest of the playing field.

Hahaha, it's not 14.5% and you automatically get a generational player. It's a 14.5% chance to get appx a 30% chance of actually getting a superstar. I'll let you all do that math, but those are terrible odds.

And you destroy your team in the process....
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 580

Post#47 » by t54zhao » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:02 pm

Chandan wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

14.5% chance for a player who COULD be a generational player.
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#48 » by DelAbbot » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:03 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
720 wrote:This level of Homerism is crazy

Not as fascinating as a bunch who denies the evidence that we have been a top team over the past decade including a championship.

No one is denying we had been a good team who won championship pre 2020. We are just saying Masai did all that by the assets BC left him and pure luck - as he has exposed himself as a BC level executive since 2021
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#49 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:11 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

No one is denying we had been a good team who won championship pre 2020. We are just saying Masai did all that by the assets BC left him and pure luck - as he has exposed himself as a BC level executive since 2021

Which is a pretty insane comment to make. :lol:
Nebuchadnezzar
Sixth Man

Post#50 » by Nebuchadnezzar » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:12 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Pointgod wrote:

I don't know where to start - so Masai only did well in part because of the great assets BC left him. So Masai = bad, BC = good. Then Masai = BC the past few years, which = bad. So Masai= BC = both good and bad? Seems like a bit of a math problem.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#51 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:14 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

I don't know where to start - so Masai only did well in part because of the great assets BC left him. So Masai = bad, BC = good. Then Masai = BC the past few years, which = bad. So Masai= BC = both good and bad? Seems like a bit of a math problem.

Must mean that Masai is going to use the assets that Masai has left himself and build another championship contender.
Mr Funk
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,658

Post#52 » by Mr Funk » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:56 pm

720 wrote:Let’s go boys, keep the losses coming. Unfortunately with RJ coming back (team should have fought harder for him to sit out but I get it, he probably wants to comeback for his mental health) and some of these teams likely taking their foot off the gas I could see a win or two. Hope im wrong. Need Memphis to beat Detroit for some additional cushion.
Couldn't agree more. Lose as much as possible and hopefully Memphis wins some games.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#53 » by Duffman100 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:02 pm

Quickley is a probable tomorrow? (says my fantasy team)
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,177

Post#54 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:06 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Must mean that Masai is going to use the assets that Masai has left himself and build another championship contender.

Wow, after the 2016, 2017 and 2021 drafts, I did not expect to see the "trust fund baby" argument rear its repulsive head again on this board. But here we are. Between 2006 and 2012, Colangelo picked Bargnani, DeMar, Ed Davis, JV and T-Ross in the first round. What do those lottery picks all have in common? None of them have even been to the Finals, let alone won the championship. That's the trust fund that Bryan left Masai?

OK, Kyle was a good get. Everyone knew he was available from the Rockets. Colangelo could have used the 2012 FRP to acquire Kyle, but instead he uses the 2013 pick. If Masai had the 2013 pick at his disposal, can we all agree that he undoubtedly would have picked Giannis. Also, can we agree that Masai would have been reluctant to part with the 2013 pick for that reason? So the difference between Colangelo and Masai is the difference between having T-Ross and Kyle, and having Giannis and Kyle. Which duo would you rather have?

[edit] And if we're going to relitigate the Jak trade yet again, recall that the Spurs were demanding TWO first round picks for him. Masai, who thought a pairing of Jak with his buddy Pascal, plus OG, Scottie and Fred, was at least a playoff team this season, opted to instead give up a lightly protected first. In retrospect, it was a mistake. But only in retrospect.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,726

Post#55 » by C_Money » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:29 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Quickley is a probable tomorrow? (says my fantasy team)

Both him and Barrett
RealGM
And1: 66,561

Post#56 » by 720 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:08 pm

Bro wtf, IQ might come back too? Just shut these guys down wth. Playin is not an option, at this point it’s about getting as many losses as possible.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,280

Post#57 » by MiamiSPX » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:15 pm

720 wrote:Bro wtf, IQ might come back too? Just shut these guys down wth. Playin is not an option, at this point it’s about getting as many losses as possible.

Relax, AD has been on a tear and we have nobody that can stop him tomorrow. Beyond that, the only possible winnable game we have is against WASH at home. We will lose every other game, in most cases badly.

Memphis still plays DET twice.
RealGM
And1: 66,561

Post#58 » by 720 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:37 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
720 wrote:Bro wtf, IQ might come back too? Just shut these guys down wth. Playin is not an option, at this point it’s about getting as many losses as possible.

Relax, AD has been on a tear and we have nobody that can stop him tomorrow. Beyond that, the only possible winnable game we have is against WASH at home. We will lose every other game, in most cases badly.

Memphis still plays DET twice.

I’m looking at the Washington game as a win if RJ and IQ play. Memphis has to win one of those two Detroit games imo.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,819

Post#59 » by ConSarnit » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:48 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Nebuchadnezzar wrote:

Wow, after the 2016, 2017 and 2021 drafts, I did not expect to see the "trust fund baby" argument rear its repulsive head again on this board. But here we are. Between 2006 and 2012, Colangelo picked Bargnani, DeMar, Ed Davis, JV and T-Ross in the first round. What do those lottery picks all have in common? None of them have even been to the Finals, let alone won the championship. That's the trust fund that Bryan left Masai?

OK, Kyle was a good get. Everyone knew he was available from the Rockets. Colangelo could have used the 2012 FRP to acquire Kyle, but instead he uses the 2013 pick. If Masai had the 2013 pick at his disposal, can we all agree that he undoubtedly would have picked Giannis. Also, can we agree that Masai would have been reluctant to part with the 2013 pick for that reason? So the difference between Colangelo and Masai is the difference between having T-Ross and Kyle, and having Giannis and Kyle. Which duo would you rather have?

[edit] And if we're going to relitigate the Jak trade yet again, recall that the Spurs were demanding TWO first round picks for him. Masai, who thought a pairing of Jak with his buddy Pascal, plus OG, Scottie and Fred, was at least a playoff team this season, opted to instead give up a lightly protected first. In retrospect, it was a mistake. But only in retrospect.

How was the Poeltl trade only a mistake in retrospect? A large contingent on this board called
it a mistake immediately after it happened. There were immediate questions about his fit due to the lack of shooting when paired with Siakam and Barnes. There were also smaller questions about tying up our draft for multiple seasons. The trade was criticized at the time and a lot of those criticisms proved valid.
TimeForChange
Sixth Man
And1: 1,464

Post#60 » by TimeForChange » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:53 pm

C_Money wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:Quickley is a probable tomorrow? (says my fantasy team)

Both him and Barrett

nice.

need some wins.

Return to Toronto Raptors