ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,548

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 3 

Post#41 » by bballsparkin » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:27 pm

Lol i'm not sure about Reed but lets not compare him to Fredette!
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,811

Post#42 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 7:58 pm

Zaccharie Risacher vs Blois
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,563

Post#43 » by mtcan » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:00 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:Zaccharie Risacher vs Blois
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

I'm seeing him tumble down the draft board as the days go by...
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:01 pm

mtcan wrote:
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

I'm seeing him tumble down the draft board as the days go by...

He might not be worth a lottery pick at this point. He’s showing absolutely nothing. Drafting him would be entirely potential based on at this point.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst
And1: 3,678

Post#45 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:02 pm

• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

Tough to see him taken top 5. Out of top 10 might be the reality as well unless a team is super focused on the potential upside.

Guys that trend down as the year goes on is worrying
"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:02 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
• 18 minutes
• O points
• 0% FG
• 0-2 3PT
• 2 rebounds
• 2 assists
• 3 ТО

Tough to see him taken top 5. Out of top 10 might be the reality as well unless a team is super focused on the potential upside.

Guys that trend down as the year goes on is worrying

Your username suits him perfectly.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,563

Post#47 » by mtcan » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:05 pm

Risacher is a mystery box in himself. He's hard to project.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#48 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:15 pm

Every time I see Holland film it always swings me back to wanting him with the 6th pick. :banghead:

The defence, the intensity, the athleticism and the lack of fear in some of the shots are all positives. When the skill catches up to him he will be a monster.

He had a high usage on ball role on Ignite and still had a good efficiency numbers and counting stats. I imagine playing off of other guys and being a tertiary or 4th option in the NBA helps the efficiency. If he can become a better playmaker and shooter he'd be an all around prospect and might be the best wing/guard prospect in the draft

"Above average role player is now being paid like a superstar from one good playoff series. This will end up as one of the worst contracts in the league." paulbball on Pascal Siakam
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,011

Post#49 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:28 pm

Castle is going to go too high. Not enough skill or productivity to warrant a top 10 pick for me. 11-20 range, sure.

Holland is someone that I see being undervalued because the Ignite has been a failure. I'd be happy with Sheppard, Dillingham or Holland with #6.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,688

Post#50 » by Bruin » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:30 pm

I’m most interested in Castle and Holland at this point. I’d be happy if we got either of them
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,784

Post#51 » by Badonkadonk » Sun Apr 7, 2024 8:46 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Castle is going to go too high. Not enough skill or productivity to warrant a top 10 pick for me. 11-20 range, sure.

Holland is someone that I see being undervalued because the Ignite has been a failure. I'd be happy with Sheppard, Dillingham or Holland with #6.

The Castle discourse reminds me of Cason Wallace last year. I'd be ecstatic if the Raps somehow got him. A 6'6" guard who can comfortably defend 1 through 4 (maybe 1 - 3 in the NBA), allows sub-40% near the rim, fast enough to switch on the perimeter comfortably AND can actually handle like a guard? Darko would love this guy in the rotation, nice complement to IQ.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,742

Post#52 » by Ell Curry » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:00 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Every time I see Holland film it always swings me back to wanting him with the 6th pick. :banghead:

The defence, the intensity, the athleticism and the lack of fear in some of the shots are all positives. When the skill catches up to him he will be a monster.

He had a high usage on ball role on Ignite and still had a good efficiency numbers and counting stats. I imagine playing off of other guys and being a tertiary or 4th option in the NBA helps the efficiency. If he can become a better playmaker and shooter he'd be an all around prospect and might be the best wing/guard prospect in the draft

I kinda emotionally gave up on the idea of getting a wing in this draft and just hoping we'll get a solid starter like Castle or Sheppard being a quality overall player, or a heir apparent to Poelt in Clingan, even with the #6 pick because this draft is so weak, and then we get the elite wing in 2025 or 2026 depending on which/if we give up a pick to the Spurs (right now I'd say our over/under for next year is similar to this one in terms of keeping the pick, we should be better than Washington and Detroit and Portland because they're in the West and then you figure 1-2 teams having disaster seasons and we're right around 6th/7th worst again).

But Holland's numbers are solid and maybe we could draft him and sell high on RJ Barrett at some point.
Where's the D?
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#53 » by Kevin Willis » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:40 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Castle is going to go too high. Not enough skill or productivity to warrant a top 10 pick for me. 11-20 range, sure.

The question might be are there 10 guys better than him in this draft? Plus recency bias is going to move him up higher than he should be.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,705

Post#54 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:48 pm

bballsparkin wrote:Lol i'm not sure about Reed but lets not compare him to Fredette!

Jimmer that plays defense like John Stockton.
UnbelievablyRAW
Analyst

Post#55 » by UnbelievablyRAW » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:49 pm

Ell Curry wrote:
UnbelievablyRAW wrote:Every time I see Holland film it always swings me back to wanting him with the 6th pick. :banghead:

I kinda emotionally gave up on the idea of getting a wing in this draft and just hoping we'll get a solid starter like Castle or Sheppard being a quality overall player, or a heir apparent to Poelt in Clingan, even with the #6 pick because this draft is so weak, and then we get the elite wing in 2025 or 2026 depending on which/if we give up a pick to the Spurs (right now I'd say our over/under for next year is similar to this one in terms of keeping the pick, we should be better than Washington and Detroit and Portland because they're in the West and then you figure 1-2 teams having disaster seasons and we're right around 6th/7th worst again).

But Holland's numbers are solid and maybe we could draft him and sell high on RJ Barrett at some point.

I'd have Holland off the bench next to Dick. Hopefully we get a real PG to play off the bench as well

A Scottie + Dick, Gary, Holland, Kelly bench lineup would provide a lot of spacing and give both Holland and Scottie room to rim run
Psubs
RealGM

Post#56 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:57 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:

The Castle discourse reminds me of Cason Wallace last year. I'd be ecstatic if the Raps somehow got him. A 6'6" guard who can comfortably defend 1 through 4 (maybe 1 - 3 in the NBA), allows sub-40% near the rim, fast enough to switch on the perimeter comfortably AND can actually handle like a guard? Darko would love this guy in the rotation, nice complement to IQ.

I guess on par defense, with Cason shooting the 3 well but Castle with size to finish inside and takes contact in the lane better. Castle has better handles and in this weak draft could leap ahead of Risacher into the top 5.

What are we looking at right now?

1. Sarr
2. Reed
3. Topic
4. Castle
5. Holland
6. Cody Williams
7. Dillingham
8. Buzelis
9. Knecht
10. Clingan
11. Salaun
12. Risacher

That's about as far as I can see Risacher falls, unlesss someone takes Edey right before him.

I'd be okay with Cody or Buzelis with #6 or if someone falls to 6.
CazOnReal
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#57 » by CazOnReal » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:58 pm

If he falls to the Pacers pick, i'll gladly take Risacher
Psubs
RealGM

Post#58 » by Psubs » Sun Apr 7, 2024 9:59 pm

UnbelievablyRAW wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:

I'd have Holland off the bench next to Dick. Hopefully we get a real PG to play off the bench as well

A Scottie + Dick, Gary, Holland, Kelly bench lineup would provide a lot of spacing and give both Holland and Scottie room to rim run

Carrington with the Pacers pick or KJ Simpson with the #31 pick would be nice true PG pickups. I think Devin Carter is redundant with IQ on the team.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,687

Post#59 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:02 pm

I'm gonna need the Risacher hype to stay strong so other teams can take him before 6
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by BoyzNTheHood » Sun Apr 7, 2024 10:03 pm

CazOnReal wrote:If he falls to the Pacers pick, i'll gladly take Risacher

Maybe they just look alike, or maybe he actually is Austin Daye.

Return to Toronto Raptors