ImageImageImageImageImage

Calderon/Turkoglu/Triano/Colangelo Venting Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Re: Jose Calderon/Jay Triano Venting Thread 

Post#41 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Indeed wrote:I was disappointed when I saw Jose playing with 3mins left.
However, I don't know who to replace him.

Wright isn't playing particularly well, and not sure if his shooting touch is there.
Belinelli might only be slightly better.
DeRozan isn't experience enough, he might ended up foul out before 2mins time.
Weems isn't a three point shooting threat.

Let's face it, our SG position is weak. Jack has done a great job containing Kobe for a few times, but Kobe can easily shoot over him.

I thought Bellie was going to get going. He made his first shot, the stroke looked good, yet he got pulled in favour of an off shooting Jose.

Leaving Jose out there in the final minutes of the game leaves us with JJ checking the most dangerous player in the game. Wright, as bad as he's been shooting has earned the right to check Kobe on the defensive end.

There is no reason whatsoever that Jose should be THE player to close out games for us on the defensive end. None. I would rather have Alvin or English suit up ahead of Jose for defensive purposes.

The faster the Raptors treat Jose as a role player, the faster we'll be able to move on from the CACK nonsense.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,258

Post#42 » by C Court » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Jack was carving up the Lakers from the point. So what does Jay the Genius do?

He doesn't allow Jarrett to play the point for the final 13 minutes.

When Jay put him back in it was at SG, so he was being covered by Kobe.

BTW, to answer the earlier question ... Yes, we would have a better record with Sam as head coach.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,920

Post#43 » by lobosloboslobos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:51 pm

In that situation (4th quarter) Belli is a huge improvement over Jose. He is much better defensively, does not need to handle the ball to be effective, can explode for quick points and plays fearlessly, which is essential down the stretch. Let Jose run the 2nd unit for 15 minutes a game and that's it. Tnen trade him this summer - and I do believe he is very tradeable despite all his weaknesses. Because his strengths are very real too, they just don't particularly help us. On the right team (strong defensively and half-court oriented) he could be dynamite, as we have seen.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#44 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Centre Court wrote:
BTW, to answer the earlier question ... Yes, we would have a better record with Sam as head coach.

I don't believe that for a second. Triano may not be the greatest coach on earth but Sam had completely lost the locker room.

The team would be a mess if Sam was still in charge.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#45 » by elitehunter99 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:00 pm

lol, i always cringe with the Cack lineup......

WHY DOES TRIANO throw that Cack lineup out there??????? Calderon not only missed two key threes, and couldn't save an inbound play (a similar play that Jack made just prior to that.......) in the crunch... Not to mention that Jack had to guard Kobe, and couldn't do much on offense because he was spent guarding Bryant.....

Antoine Wright should have been in the game, and the Refs screwed us over with those two phantom calls against Bosh and Wright (his fifth foul) when they didn't come anywhere near Bryant.

Still, I hate that Cack backcourt, it hurts the D, AND THE OFFENSE, as Jack and Turkoglu are taken out of their ball handling roles, and Calderon gives absolutely nothing in terms of hustle plays when they are needed most late in the game. If there was a dangerous point guard in the game, Calderon would've been destroyed on D as always, SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE HAVE BITCHED ABOUT ALL SEASON!!!!!!!!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#46 » by Indeed » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

lobosloboslobos wrote:

In that situation (4th quarter) Belli is a huge improvement over Jose. He is much better defensively, does not need to handle the ball to be effective, can explode for quick points and plays fearlessly, which is essential down the stretch. Let Jose run the 2nd unit for 15 minutes a game and that's it. Tnen trade him this summer - and I do believe he is very tradeable despite all his weaknesses. Because his strengths are very real too, they just don't particularly help us. On the right team (strong defensively and half-court oriented) he could be dynamite, as we have seen.

Maybe you guys are right, but I think Belinelli is unfamiliar with some of the plays. Jose, Wright or DeRozan has been playing with the core, and I believe they are better at executing the play.

Anyway, I don't know, my thought is, we are still weak at the SG spot, and I can only hope DeRozan can come sooner.
mattyBoi
Head Coach
And1: 919

Post#47 » by mattyBoi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm

I watched the game last night, and I just have to say that Hedo looks absolutely terrible out there. I have never seen him play so bad in his whole stint with the Magic. Hopefully he can pick it up.

Also Triano was terrible. Not saving a timeout for the end, and leaving the bench in for WAY too long. Bosh should have been out there for the majority of the fourth. You guys had that game won.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#48 » by Indeed » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:06 pm

mattyBoi wrote:I watched the game last night, and I just have to say that Hedo looks absolutely terrible out there. I have never seen him play so bad in his whole stint with the Magic. Hopefully he can pick it up.

Also Triano was terrible. Not saving a timeout for the end, and leaving the bench in for WAY too long. Bosh should have been out there for the majority of the fourth. You guys had that game won.

There is another venting thread about Hedo.

But I don't blame him who is guarded by Artest and the ref was one sided.
Artest played very physical, but when Hedo plays physical, he gets the call.
Indeed
RealGM

Post#49 » by Indeed » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:07 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Centre Court wrote:

I don't believe that for a second. Triano may not be the greatest coach on earth but Sam had completely lost the locker room.

Plus the timeout plays. Traino > Sam in those situation.
But we failed to have another timeout, due to Kobe guarding Jack, and forced him to take a timeout.
The Stripe
Junior
And1: 9

Post#50 » by The Stripe » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 pm

lol @ this thread. So many RealGM'ers turn into the equivalent of 8 year old girls throwing hissy fits after a loss. Good times.

OP, you're usually better than this waste of bandwidth.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#51 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Indeed wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:

Maybe you guys are right, but I think Belinelli is unfamiliar with some of the plays. Jose, Wright or DeRozan has been playing with the core, and I believe they are better at executing the play.

Anyway, I don't know, my thought is, we are still weak at the SG spot, and I can only hope DeRozan can come sooner.

Im pretty sure belli knows the Pick and Pop or the Bosh iso.

Is there another play that I dont know about? I dont consider Evans on the low block a real NBA play.
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#52 » by kavan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Worst officiated game both ways I have ever seen. The phantom foul on the ref the fan interfering. This game was a joke. I never seen so many one sided fouls in the paint in my life. This would be a game that the league will be reviewing.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,258

Post#53 » by C Court » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Centre Court wrote:

Jay did a good job with Bargs. I'll give you that.

But Jay cannot motivate a team to save his life. At least Sam knew how to make his team play hard. In 2006 Sam had a less talented team and he squeezed 47 wins out of them.

Jay will stumble and bumble his way to 42 wins at best with a team that has a lot more talent than what Sam ever had.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#54 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Centre Court wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:
Centre Court wrote:

Jay did a good job with Bargs. I'll give you that.

But Jay cannot motivate a team to save his life. At least Sam knew how to make his team play hard. In 2006 Sam had a less talented team and he squeezed 47 wins out of them.

Jay will stumble and bumble his way to 42 wins at best with a team that has a lot more talent than what Sam ever had.

I agree Sam was a great motivator, but it felt like even that act was wearing thin on the players.

They had stopped listening, and it's pretty hard to motivate a team when they no longer want to hear the message.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#55 » by sl64 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

My favourite Triano moment in this game, apart from the puzzling decision to play Jose and Jack together for big minutes, including crunch time, against a big Lakers team, was how he left Bosh on the bench until there were 5 minutes to go in the 4th. I don't remember ever seeing that, a coach resting his best player for most of the 4th, in a tight game, for no apparent reason. This was the coaching equivalent of Phil Jackson leaving Kobe on the bench until there was 5 minutes left, and riding a Farmar-Shannon Brown backcourt instead. I literally cannot believe that people defend this guy... he's absolutely terrible. SMitch was a master tactician compared to this clown. If I have to see another shot of him standing slackjawed by the bench like a moron while another game slips away, I might have to throw something at my TV.

I mean, it doesn't take a genius to look up some lineup splits and see that the Jose-Jack backcourt has a startlingly terrible defensive rating... and yet he keeps trotting it out there as though suddenly two 6'3 guys, one of which is an all-world bad defender, will figure out how to guard athletic 6'6" 2-guards. Just baffling.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#56 » by Dr Octagon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Those two bums don't deserve a venting thread.
Batmanz
Banned User

Post#57 » by Batmanz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:47 pm

at least that game was entertaining..

I was thinking last night that his rotations were due to the fact that he didn't want to wear the players out for the playoffs and he's gonna tighten it up come this last stretch. Psychologically he **** us, the Raps reputation of letting teams back into games due to his coaching style is draining on the mind and a boost to opposing teams.

I think he over coaches. Sometimes I wonder is he really smart or that stupid? He's so puzzling I'll hurt my head trying to figure out that mofo..so I give up (the Serenity prayer) and let it run its course.

*three things that always stick out to me is that they never go w/ the hot hand, are either slow to or don't recognize mismatches and don't put teams away.

Hindsight is 20/20 but still..
sl64
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by sl64 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

disahstar wrote:at least that game was entertaining..

I was thinking last night that his rotations were due to the fact that he didn't want to wear the players out for the playoffs and he's gonna tighten it up come this last stretch. Psychologically he **** us, the Raps reputation of letting teams back into games due to his coaching style is draining on the mind and a boost to opposing teams.

I think he over coaches. Sometimes I wonder is he really smart or that stupid? He's so puzzling I'll hurt my head trying to figure out that mofo..so I give up (the Serenity prayer) and let it run its course.

*three things that always stick out to me is that they never go w/ the hot hand, are either slow to or don't recognize mismatches and don't put teams away.

Sometimes foresight is also 20/20. For example: Triano will make similarly boneheaded decisions at some point in the next couple games.

See?
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
Batmanz
Banned User

Post#59 » by Batmanz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:34 pm

sl64 wrote:
disahstar wrote:at least that game was entertaining..

Sometimes foresight is also 20/20. For example: Triano will make similarly boneheaded decisions at some point in the next couple games.

See?

That's why I said "but still..
outofbounds
Banned User

Bryan Colaneglo needs to be fired 

Post#60 » by outofbounds » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:55 pm

I come on here and other sports forums every day and on every single one of them is fans disecting and trashing the players.

BLAME BARGNANI
BLAME JOSE CALDERON
BLAME CHRIS BOSH
BLAME HEDO TURKOGLU
BLAME JAY TRIANO
BLAME DEMAR DEROZAN
BLAME IVARONI
BLAME CACK
BLAME BLAME BLAME

These players can only do what they are capable of, Bargnani didn't pick himself #1, Jose didn't give himself a 40+ milllion dollar contract, Hedo didn't give himself 53 million, Demar didn't pick himself over guys like Jennings, Bosh didn't tell the franchise all he needs is role players to win, Jay Triano didn't force Colangelo to hire him or Ivaroni.

One man is to blame for all this mess and each years failures since he has been here. He now has us in trouble money wise with Bosh on the verge of leaving and he has traded away several picks. He has overpaid nearly every player he has signed here, he has messed up in trades and completely screwed up in every draft.

We need to stop blaming the players, we can climb mount everest and scream at the top of our lungs for them to learn how to become good basketball players but its never going to happen. They are what they are and one man is responsible for them being here.

I don't think he should be given an extension, Babcock probably could have us in a better position by now. This man had everything he couldd want at his disposal to build this team right and he completely screwed this team and us fans right up the kazoo..

We should of known this idiot was simply his old mans puppet in Phoenix because he has certainly shown here that he is not a top GM in this league, more like a top NBA live GM.

Its time to make change...At the Top!

Return to Toronto Raptors