ImageImageImageImageImage

Semi OT: Anyone lose money in the crypto crash?

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,985

Re: Semi OT: Anyone lose money in the crypto crash? 

Post#401 » by refshateRaps » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:12 pm

Really, not sure how no one else here see what's going on? Sure az hell looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity across almost all sectors, some far more then others, from my view. Bout to slip away fast here prob too.

Come May we could be in a completely different financial world IMO...

What do I know? Follow your own reads.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,205

Post#402 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:15 pm

refshateRaps wrote:Really, not sure how no one else here see what's going on? Sure az hell looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity across almost all sectors, some far more then others, from my view. Bout to slip away fast here prob too.

2008 was once in a lifetime, this is just the same as two years ago but not quite there yet. But I think we see that opportunity as opposite, not sure.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#403 » by refshateRaps » Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:Really, not sure how no one else here see what's going on? Sure az hell looks like a once in a lifetime opportunity across almost all sectors, some far more then others, from my view. Bout to slip away fast here prob too.

2008 was once in a lifetime, this is just the same as two years ago but not quite there yet.

Agree, 2008 was yet another life changing opportunity, But for those that miss this one their azz's will be facing higher interest and inflation moving forward with assets elevated. 2008 was much kinder to those not invested.

Many sectors are being rotated in and will be heavily pushed upon the masses in to the mainstream. Crypto being one... They started the mass public marketing for crypto in the mainstream 2 years ago in preparation of the roll out and to leverage innocent retail funds. Then they spit on them with a standard sick manufactured public ritual at the bottom, freezing those still holding further. SBF is just another sold-out clown azz puppet most somehow can never wrap there heads around? Tis the wonderful world of deception in which we live I guess.

This 'recession' has been well controlled thru the interest rate hike walkdown, and stall thru tax season, and here we are. ALOT of Companies being held back in rotating sectors for years for this very moment I believe. Heavily coordinated fireworks bout to go off. Absolute F'n fireworks coming from what I see.

Honestly believe they are going to erupt chit to a level never seen, most can't even fathom the idea we are bullish LOL. Let alone something that will blow minds. Coming weeks will be interesting, we'll let the scoreboard keep talking.

What do I know? Follow your own reads
El Mas Chingon
Senior
And1: 525

Post#404 » by El Mas Chingon » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:22 pm

brownbobcat wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:Remember, the premise of crypto is an alternative to fiat. So, even though questions remain, it can be seen as a "safe" haven given the circumstances. The role that paper gold used to play.

i can't really figure out why crypto is going up today

I think the underlying premise is that SVB getting bailed out means a ton of tech companies aren't going to burn down overnight.

This. Feds are bailing out the bank. Guaranteed all deposits. So major meltdown and domino effect averted. But yet again, the financial system is exposed which plays into the belief in Bitcoin as the solution to our woes.

BTW. Nice thread so far guys. Interesting times. Hopefully it stays civil and the mods let it continue for a while.
canz55
Sixth Man
And1: 2,031

Post#405 » by canz55 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:49 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
canz55 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
There is zero chance the US just lets bitcoin become their fiat currency, or the worlds, and gives that up theirs as the petrodollar. They will just introduce a Fed backed US dollar crypto, whcih they have in the can and have studied long ago just in case. Or start another war. The iraq war was over the petrodollar.

And I'm not sure why any north american would want to have it replaced as its not in their best interest.
You misunderstand. It doesn't need to be replaced - that was never the premise. It will just continue to be inflated i.e QE infinity.

People will continue to hold US dollars and spend US dollars but they can also hold and spend Bitcoin. They will live sid-by-side for the foreseeable future, its just that one will be drastically more valuable than the other.

You can't have two fiat currencies. It doesn't work that way. Once the USD is no longer the petrodollar, the worlds fiat currency, all those dollars are then out of use and return to the US and it will cause absolutely massive inflation. It can't happen and the US will do everything to stop it.

I'm just trying to say, I think at at some point something is going to give. And it won't be the US dollar, or all of us are done. And at that point it wouldn't matter how much bitcoin you owned either, because everyone gets hammered.

I've tried. There is a **** load of bitcoin propaganda today about SVG bank, so I know nothing said is ever going to hit home.

I know one thing for sure....and it is that every time a US bank fails the Canadian banks (the world's best/safest banking system by far) just own more and more of the US banking share. There will come a point they own most of it. They own 35%+ of the US market in what started maybe 25 years ago.
Again; you're making way to many inferences here. It's not "two fiats", when one is simply digital property.

As long as the US continues to guarantee protection to the majority of OPEC members, (including other extremely favourable goodies) then petrol will continue to be priced in USD.

For Bitcoin to overtake the USD as the standard petrol dollar,but would take a massive coup the size and scope of which would send the world into major conflict.

Bitcoin holders who understand what's going on aren't planning for that to happen despite whatever online propaganda is flowing into your aggregated news source.

Sent from my SM-G998W using RealGM mobile app
ImageWe the Champs...
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,019

Post#406 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:26 am

El Mas Chingon wrote:
brownbobcat wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
i can't really figure out why crypto is going up today

I think the underlying premise is that SVB getting bailed out means a ton of tech companies aren't going to burn down overnight.

This. Feds are bailing out the bank. Guaranteed all deposits. So major meltdown and domino effect averted. But yet again, the financial system is exposed which plays into the belief in Bitcoin as the solution to our woes.

BTW. Nice thread so far guys. Interesting times. Hopefully it stays civil and the mods let it continue for a while.

that's possible....i look at it, and basically, today, Crypto recover all it losses from a month ago, but then maybe in a few months, another blackswan, loses 50% again

that said, i do wonder if i put my money in the wrong crypto companies....they not bad ones, but i'm starting to question their mgmt
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#407 » by refshateRaps » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:50 pm

refshateRaps wrote:
shefcurry wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:

Im making n o such argument for you. The market are on blast and just getting started. Of course they will shake out the weak along the way. But this is going to see some monster moves this year in my eyes.

Easy question - who is buying? Seriously. I don't mean this as an insult. I'm genuinely curious because I own BTC but can't see it going up because i see zero institutional buyers on the horizon. If you're a fund manager, you risk losing your job and your reputation if you put money into crypto now.

If the game was logical to the average person and was easy, everyone would be rich and this miserable thread off the bottom wouldn't exist.

The bigger picture of the markets is very well controlled by those actually in power and the chosen players above me to move it are not my concern. Simply doesn't matter to me?

When its time to move the greater markets in unison, its time. The main breadcrumbs were and are increasingly everywhere and most trying to rationalize chit that simply doesn't matter or are paralyzed in the constructed financial tightening and fear are missing out on vastly extending their ball and chain here. J

Minus some pullbacks and shakes 2023 is already and should continue to be market showtime in this fake azz world. 25K BTC is an important level phytologically and technically so if you want to see more volume into the rise, you'll likely see it here and very soon when this clears.

Also why I shared my assumption in a previous post there will be a massive retail FOMO rally. That will be the point those looking for logic or looking to see who is buying will have found out. And will be stressed from watching the market go up and will jump in after a pull back begin to turn back up en masse.

What do I know?

$25K break and hold on BTC was likely the key to the bigger door...

And Ho Man did they ever F with the bears and the emotionally weak to rip it thru. James Johnson with some extra windmill fo sho. Nasty way to give it to those spitting game and vile on Friday, but here we are.

Anyhow I'd expect most other consolidating crytpos and even a good chunk of crypto junk should follow thru the door now.

What do I know? Follow your own reads and good luck to all in the game.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant

Post#408 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:08 pm

refshateRaps wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
shefcurry wrote:
Easy question - who is buying? Seriously. I don't mean this as an insult. I'm genuinely curious because I own BTC but can't see it going up because i see zero institutional buyers on the horizon. If you're a fund manager, you risk losing your job and your reputation if you put money into crypto now.

If the game was logical to the average person and was easy, everyone would be rich and this miserable thread off the bottom wouldn't exist.

The bigger picture of the markets is very well controlled by those actually in power and the chosen players above me to move it are not my concern. Simply doesn't matter to me?

When its time to move the greater markets in unison, its time. The main breadcrumbs were and are increasingly everywhere and most trying to rationalize chit that simply doesn't matter or are paralyzed in the constructed financial tightening and fear are missing out on vastly extending their ball and chain here. J

Minus some pullbacks and shakes 2023 is already and should continue to be market showtime in this fake azz world. 25K BTC is an important level phytologically and technically so if you want to see more volume into the rise, you'll likely see it here and very soon when this clears.

Also why I shared my assumption in a previous post there will be a massive retail FOMO rally. That will be the point those looking for logic or looking to see who is buying will have found out. And will be stressed from watching the market go up and will jump in after a pull back begin to turn back up en masse.

What do I know?

And Ho Man did they ever F with the bears and the emotionally weak to rip it thru. James Johnson with some extra windmill fo sho. Nasty way to give it to those spitting game and vile on Friday, but here we are.

Anyhow I'd expect most other consolidating crytpos and even a good chunk of crypto junk should follow thru the door now.

It's very volatile
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant

Post#409 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:12 pm

refshateRaps wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
shefcurry wrote:

What do I know?

It's very volatile , very emotional when money is involved
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#410 » by refshateRaps » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:16 pm

anotherhomer wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:
refshateRaps wrote:

What do I know?

It's very volatile , very emotional when money is involved

One should not be playing in the markets unless they understand how to approach volatility. Volatility games are the greatest gift to day traders and swing traders alike when you understand structure, climate and trend in addition to areas of supply and demand. Not so much helpful for the weak handed players who are completely lost and emotional and follow any story or any person too closely in the mainstream. This thread will end up being an entire tale on both the bigger and smaller picture of emotion based investing and when one should be buying.

Major bottoms and volatility are exactly where the largest sums can be made by investors and traders alike.

Any volatility right now is the greatest gift to those that know what's happening in the markets and in my clear view what is about to come. It will most likely be nothing short of mind blowing epic, for many it already is special. But this is nothing IMO, so much hasn't even got of the ground floor.

What do I know? The scoreboard will do all the talking to age this thread accordingly anyway. As always, follow you own read.

All the best!
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant

Post#411 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:56 pm

I don't think u can predict anything....markets are really sensitive to anything

Like us drone goes down, any everything literally swings down 5% of its total.

Like imagine portfolio is 100k, then suddenly lose 5k
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#412 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:02 pm

BMO is trading at a 5.7 profit/earnings and 1.3 times book value because its being just dragged down for no reason. The P/E sale is like 2008 right now. The book value buy is insane considering a 5% dividend and all but guaranteed to recover.

https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=Stock&symb=BMO&x=39&y=18&time=100&startdate=1%2F4%2F2006&enddate=3%2F15%2F2023&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=16777216&type=2&style=320&size=2&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=15

P/E ratio at bottom.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/BMO?p=BMO
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#413 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:14 pm

anotherhomer wrote:I don't think u can predict anything....markets are really sensitive to anything

Try 25%. That's the last year or two. You just hold on with white knuckles, or try to time it and trade it/technical trade it.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,175

Post#414 » by tecumseh18 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:15 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:

BMO is trading at a 5.7 profit/earnings and 1.3 times book value because its being just dragged down for no reason. The P/E sale is like 2008 right now. The book value buy is insane considering a 5% dividend and all but guaranteed to recover.

https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp?show=&insttype=Stock&symb=BMO&x=39&y=18&time=100&startdate=1%2F4%2F2006&enddate=3%2F15%2F2023&freq=1&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&comptemptext=&comp=none&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=16777216&type=2&style=320&size=2&timeFrameToggle=false&compareToToggle=false&indicatorsToggle=false&chartStyleToggle=false&state=15

P/E ratio at bottom.

Hah, I've been buying BMO (and other banks) all the way down the last few days. Considering another tranche this morning. But they picked the wrong time to buy Bank of the West last month, and probably vastly overpaid.

It's pretty scary trying to catch those falling knives. Things are worse out there than many people understand. I was talking to a private equity guy at the game last night, and that area has dried up completely.
Johnny Bball
RealGM

Post#415 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:24 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:

P/E ratio at bottom.

Hah, I've been buying BMO (and other banks) all the way down the last few days. Considering another tranche this morning. But they picked the wrong time to buy Bank of the West last month, and probably vastly overpaid.

It's pretty scary trying to catch those falling knives. Things are worse out there than many people understand. I was talking to a private equity guy at the game last night, and that area has dried up completely.

Those deals take so long that unfornutaly the timing ends up sucking a bit.

Just trying to figure out when my all-in move is tbh. I should do what you do and move in slower but I tend to just try to get lucky sadly. The pandemic wasn't kind to me moving into areas too early. But I have time to wait.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#416 » by refshateRaps » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:24 pm

anotherhomer wrote:I don't think u can predict anything....markets are really sensitive to anything

Markets will always go up and down, and fortunately that will never change. Why that's even a concern is beyond me? That how money is made both by those on the inside with fear and smart investors taking advantage at the right times and on different timeframes.

One needs to learn how to benefit from that volatility in both bear and bull trends. If that same account is playing the trend as a swing or long term investor and better yet buying weakness off areas of major demand on the dips then that account will continue to be in position to take major profits at resistance or ATHs.

The trend is the trend, bottoms are bottoms and any bottoming Cause will always see an Effect as you should be able to see starting already and your about to continue to see in the coming weeks. The shakes into areas of demand in between are gifts to those that are here to make money.

If you are unable to predict the greater direction or trend or buy off bottoming action then you really need to run away from the markets fast or spend alot of time studying.

IMO this will be a very special cyclical bottom they put together when its all said and done. And its still coming to an apex in many areas. if its gets overly euphoric short term over the next few weeks I will be taking serious profits short term.

What do I know? Always try to develop and follow your own reads.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,383

Post#417 » by ItsDanger » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:38 pm

Shift in currency landscape was easily predicted 12+ years ago. If not earlier. But I'm speaking from a structural perspective. The transition will be gradual. Got to remember the other side of transactions.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,920

Post#418 » by Agimat » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 pm

If I had known what I know now, this may sound ludicrous, but you can generate 5-6 figures upside without owning any asset, network, reputation, or money, and you wouldn't have needed to invest in crypto in such a volatile market.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant

Post#419 » by refshateRaps » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:05 pm

The 'banking crisis' is a manufactured ritual to scare people at the bottom of a MAJOR general market Bullish event.

They now have the ability to seed these fear events rapidly into the minds of weakest and most naive via social media. And vice versa using their sell-outs to promote during tops and down trends.

What do I know? We'll let the scoreboard speak in the coming weeks ahead.

Good luck to any players in this game!
BlackThought
Sixth Man
And1: 1,575

Post#420 » by BlackThought » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:31 pm

Here we have a bank that clearly made many wrong investments that led to its downfall. But instead of letting it fail like any company, the Fed simply prints more fiat to save it. I don't care how strong the US military is, the more you add to that pot the more diluted the content will be. It's very simple logic.

It's days like this that I appreciate BTC for its finite supply. It's 21 million total and nobody can change it.

Return to Toronto Raptors