ImageImageImageImageImage

I didnt like what Lou provided!!!!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Re: I didnt like what Lou provided!!!! 

Post#61 » by neurotik » Mon Oct 6, 2014 4:20 pm

whysoserious wrote:1 pre-season game in and we're already calling out Lou Williams? A guy who's like 8th on depth chart and specifically acquired to score off the bench........interesting

Not only do I agree with this response, but I like the fact that whysoserious could have also wrote down his username as a sufficient response to this overreaction.
(1 of 10)
youngtea
Sixth Man
And1: 1,045

Post#62 » by youngtea » Mon Oct 6, 2014 4:21 pm

He adds scoring from the bench. I rather have him come of the bench and look to score and give Lowry, Demar and Vasquez a break from handling the play-making responsibilities.
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#63 » by IMAN5 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 4:32 pm

Blast Tyrant wrote:
cammac wrote:He is the 1st 6th man threat we have had since Barbosa he is doing what made him great in Philly and the team didn't have Patterson playing. Plus he isn't getting the minutes he got yesterday during regular season.

Barbosa was infuriating to watch. I've never seen a player just put their head down and get more unnecessary charges.

He has no court awareness. His shot is streaky, and looks like a two handed chest pass. He has to be one of my least favorite Raptors of all time.

Agreed. Barbosa never passed, the guy was only looking to score.

His shot mechanics were weird to me to.
instagram.com/510movement
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#64 » by Blast Tyrant » Mon Oct 6, 2014 4:43 pm

IMAN5 wrote:
Blast Tyrant wrote:
cammac wrote:He is the 1st 6th man threat we have had since Barbosa he is doing what made him great in Philly and the team didn't have Patterson playing. Plus he isn't getting the minutes he got yesterday during regular season.

Barbosa was infuriating to watch. I've never seen a player just put their head down and get more unnecessary charges.

He has no court awareness. His shot is streaky, and looks like a two handed chest pass. He has to be one of my least favorite Raptors of all time.

Agreed. Barbosa never passed, the guy was only looking to score.

His shot mechanics were weird to me to.

I cheered for the Suns a lot when they had Nash and I kind of already hated him from those days. His whole game is ugly.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#65 » by LastNameEver » Mon Oct 6, 2014 5:08 pm

Rapz wrote:
wolfv wrote:This fan base can't handle scoring guards

Me first, don't involve teammates scoring guards are not welcomed in any team that wants to be successful long term.

The Clippers say hi
Crafty Vet
Freshman
And1: 69

Post#66 » by Crafty Vet » Mon Oct 6, 2014 5:13 pm

Lou Williams, Toronto: Things didn't work out for Williams in Atlanta after a strong turn as one of the league's best sixth men in Philadelphia. Less than a year into his three-year, $16 million deal, Williams tore his ACL and missed the rest of the 2012-13 season. He returned last season but averaged just 10.4 points per game, well off his old averages. He got traded to the Raptors during the offseason and has regained some of his explosive offensive production. "Back to the old Lou," one Jurassic camper said.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/d ... f:nbahpt3b

My man DA seems to think that Lou is primed for a nice season, and I'd have to agree with him. There were times last year where the bench just could not put the ball in the basket, so I don't think it hurts to have a guy to come in and get buckets, even if he is a bit frustrating at times. I don't think anyone in the second unit is gonna be too upset with Lou taking the majority of the shots, they're a pretty unselfish group of fellows!
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#67 » by jonny three time » Mon Oct 6, 2014 5:27 pm

A few points to keep things in perspective...

- Lou drove at least 6 times that I saw, while scoring or getting to the line 4 times. Other than Derozan he attacked the paint more than any other perimeter player.

- It was the first preseason game. There was very little cohesiveness and timing at the offensive end for us. Other than GVs 8 assists, the rest of the team had 13 combined, so when you can see that ball movement is not working you have to go one on one.

- I really liked what I saw from GV and Lou together. The attention Lou gets opens up GVs PnR game quite nicely. While GVs shooting opens up Lou's Iso game nicely. Add in both guys being able to guard most bench guards at either spot and Im pretty psyched about them playing together. When the ball movement gets sharper in the regular season Lou will fall in line and picks his spots. I just hope Casey knows to either limit the starting guards minutes enough to keep both GV and Lou sharp and motivated, or he splits SF minutes between DD and Ross while going small in the front court with JJ beside Patman at the 4/5 whenever matchups allow it.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,373

Post#68 » by MadDogSHWA » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:05 pm

As was mentioned earlier, lou was given a few hot potatoes VERY late in the clock.

I think if Lou made even 1 or two more 3 pointers the whole board would be praising him.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Blast Tyrant
Banned User
And1: 3,059

Post#69 » by Blast Tyrant » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:09 pm

The Boy wrote:
Rapz wrote:
wolfv wrote:This fan base can't handle scoring guards

Me first, don't involve teammates scoring guards are not welcomed in any team that wants to be successful long term.

The Clippers say hi

I don't know if you're trying to refute his point... but the Clippers have won 3 playoff series in 30 years. That's the opposite of long term success.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#70 » by LastNameEver » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:23 pm

Blast Tyrant wrote:
The Boy wrote:
Rapz wrote:

The Clippers say hi

I don't know if you're trying to refute his point... but the Clippers have won 3 playoff series in 30 years. That's the opposite of long term success.

I get your point, but I think as of right now they are poised for moderate long term success.

If not the Clips then Mavs with Terry ?
grumpwalter
Analyst
And1: 1,410

Post#71 » by grumpwalter » Mon Oct 6, 2014 6:40 pm

Rapz wrote:
Anatomize wrote:
CoachJReturns wrote:Thank God Westbrook wasn't drafted by us. He would have left already due to the narrow mindedness of the fanbase when it comes to smaller guys who can score. Hell, they might have complained about Iverson in his prime when he was an mvp caliber player.

Apparently safe/true point guard play is the only way to play the position.

I see Jose Calderon is missed... :wink:

I don't miss him at all.
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#72 » by suntzuballin » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:03 pm

Haha I didnt watch this "pre season"game but ppl are actully critizcing lou wills game already ..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using RealGM Forums mobile app
GP2
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,602

Post#73 » by GP2 » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:18 pm

People should get used to Lou's game. He's an offensive player. A poor man's Jamal Crawford. He'll go 0 for X on many occasions, but also light it up for 20 here and there. Take the good with the bad because this shouldn't be a shock.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,772

Post#74 » by C_Money » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:21 pm

This is typical of Raptor fans. Anybody who has the ability to score 1 on 1 gets criticized for being a ball hog. It happens every year. Just ignore it.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 15,055

Post#75 » by Jadoogar » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:28 pm

It would be one thing if he was starting and poised to be a big part of the rotation but a sixth man is expected to score and Lou is great at that. The luxury we have is that if he's off, he's only going to be on the court for a short time and we have several other options. How much would a scorer of the bench helped in the Brooklyn series? I think he can be like Jamal Crawford lite for us, hot some nights and bad other nights. Either way, really helps our guard depth.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,271

Post#76 » by Joker » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:28 pm

If that's how Lou is going to look in game 1 of pre-season, I'm excited to see how he's gonna look come January.
tdotboyy
Banned User
And1: 6,678

Post#77 » by tdotboyy » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:32 pm

This is going to be nothing like a Rudy gay situation considering that Lou WILL comes off the bench.

RELAX ITLL BE FINE LOU WILL IS SICK TRUST ME HES NOT A RUDY GAY HES EVERYTHING WE NEED TO BE A POWERHOUSE TEAM

Sent from my ST27a using RealGM Forums mobile app
Brettfinch
Sixth Man
And1: 1,154

Post#78 » by Brettfinch » Mon Oct 6, 2014 7:56 pm

Anatomize wrote:
gamer1035 wrote:OP, dont worry, this board will turn on him a couple games in. He's eactly how you described and most likely always will be.

90% of the posters defending him right now are gonna turn on him.

Actually.. the majority here are calling him what he is, and appreciating him for it. What's with all the generalizations?

Because Gamer has never had anything positive to say with a group of people who just talk smack it's ok I used to get so angry now it's like who cares. Lou did his job yea he wasn't hitting but all his shots where open from him creating them. He outlet threw in the fourth I give him two thumbs up

Sent from my SM-N9005 using RealGM Forums mobile app
TrueChampion
Junior
And1: 38

Post#79 » by TrueChampion » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:40 pm

Im surprised ppl are flaming OP. I think he knows its the first preseason game and "team play" should improve from Lou Will, but he is just saying he didnt like the style he brought in that first game. Its like we finally have some live game action to discuss and everyones like "CHILLL BRAHH PRESEASONNNN!!!11!"
yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#80 » by yassillio » Mon Oct 6, 2014 8:48 pm

Why do you have 7 `` And1``from this thread ?
Leo: I tell players all the time

Return to Toronto Raptors