ImageImageImageImageImage

Calderon/Turkoglu/Triano/Colangelo Venting Thread

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,726

Re: Calderon/Turkoglu/Triano/Colangelo Venting Thread 

Post#81 » by C_Money » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

That Lakers game was by far Jay's worst coached game yet. Leaving Bosh on the bench for most of the 4th quarter, playing Jack and Calderon in crunch time with Jack guarding Kobe. All he cares about is making players happy. He might as well give everybody equal playing time like a rec league.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,402

Post#82 » by Crazy-Canuck » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:23 pm

C_Money wrote:That Lakers game was by far Jay's worst coached game yet. Leaving Bosh on the bench for most of the 4th quarter, playing Jack and Calderon in crunch time with Jack guarding Kobe. All he cares about is making players happy. He might as well give everybody equal playing time like a rec league.

I dont know, the memphis game was pretty bad.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Re: Blame Colangelo 

Post#83 » by Southward1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 pm

PeterJ wrote:People need to realize:

BC came here and was given:

1) Young All-Star PF
2) Cap space
3) 1st overall pick in the draft.

Name me a GM that went to a new team, and had those 3 assets to start his build.

Almost 5 years later, this is a .500 team which might make the playoffs in a horrible conference. No draft picks, no cap space, Bosh could leave, horrible contracts, no real head coach.

In his defense the best free agents where Peja, Ben Wallace and Al Harrington
The draft was truly terrible and nobody had Roy going number 1
But he has no excuses for the last 3 summers.

He traded Charlie V and two first rounds picks for Hedo Turkoglu essentially
Is paying Sam Mitchell to sit a home and do absolutely zero
Jason freaking Kapono
Not trading Jose Calderon when he should have
Throwing Sam Mitchell and Tj Ford under the bus
Not trading for a bonafide all-star for Chris Bosh
Not trading Ford for Gerald Wallace (People on this board wanted the trade)

BC has more negatives than positives, but the 2006 summer was probably his best. Parker, Garbo, Charlie V for TJ, letting mike james walk, taking Bargnani. He had a decent-good summer he just hasn't done a good job since.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#84 » by hoop_head » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 pm

I think Turk has 2 strikes against him right now:

His stamina is gone. He looks so tired when he plays heavy minutes. He has to find a way to gain some decent level of conditioning, and it is worrying that he hasn't done so after 62 games.

His role on this team is not what he thought it would be, and he's in a bit of a mental funk. I think he thought he would be "the guy" handling the ball this year, but Jack has shown that he gets things done with the ball too. Jose does a nice job running with Amir & Weems off the bench, so opportunities for Turk to run the team are less that what he expected.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#85 » by Southward1 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Undefeated wrote:
Southward1 wrote:He has to be dealt this summer. He doesn't fit the make-up of this raptors team anymore. The team has less shooters and more slashers. This team has 3 ball-handlers outside of him (Jack, Hedo, Marco) so it's not his team anymore. He had a year where he was the man and he blew it and was excused because of apparent hip injury which I think was highly overrated when it comes to effecting his game. Just deal him this summer, you can always replace him with Steve Blake for the MLE or even playing Marco has the backup who actually can. But I honestly do not think Jose Calderon is a starting caliber point guard and shouldn't be treated as one.

No one ever said Jose was a starting caliber PG. Considering Jose has the 4th highest WS on the Raptors; he's certainly helping the Raptors more than you think he is. And Jose has been playing a huge role on the bench getting wins here and there when the team happens to be in a deficit and has to rely on the bench to get them back into games.

-Don't use Win Shares they are a joke stat
-Jose's nice off the bench...if he played less and was paid 3.5 million a season, otherwise he's a borderline cancer to this team.
KRANG
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,319

Post#86 » by KRANG » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:39 am

Triano really is quite stupid. You can't play Jose, Hedo and Bargs together.

And you especially can't play Jose, Jack and Hedo together.

If our head coach can't figure this out in the first 60 games then he's gotta go.
Courtesy of Turbo_Zone
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Post#87 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 am

no more cackoglu please stop it......for the love of god......c'mon I'm begging you.......it's not too late to admit your wrong Triano......change is good.....it's for the best......do it for your country........
sig by TZ
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Post#88 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:41 am

..................please.....................
sig by TZ
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#89 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:46 am

Do we get funny hats?
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#90 » by Undefeated » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 am

Southward1 wrote:Jose's nice off the bench...if he played less and was paid 3.5 million a season, otherwise he's a borderline cancer to this team.

Does that really matter when Jarrett is getting paid $5 million which balances out at the PG position? For a player that has never complained coming off the bench and playing less minutes than last season, he's certainly not a cancer.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,076

Re: Raptors fans Venting Thread 

Post#91 » by Indeed » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:35 am

I guess it is horrible to be a Raptors fans and contributing on a meaningless thread.
Blaming everyone except myself, and convincing people that I done a good job sitting in front of my computer or TV to che(er)at my team.
But no matter how I could be-trade' myself to another team, I will continue to be a Raptors fans, and do my best to support them (like on this thread).
thePaladin
Junior
And1: 0

Post#92 » by thePaladin » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:06 am

**** you triano
**** you bc
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#93 » by Spragga » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:09 am

Hedo will turn out to be the worst contract given out in Raptors history.

Yes worse than Yogi Stewert+Olajuwan.

He just doesnt care.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Danilovic5
Freshman

TORONTO HAS THE WORST PG - SG IN THE NBA 

Post#94 » by Danilovic5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:41 am

This is the real problem. How can you play with Jack or Calderon as a PM? They absolutely don't know what's the meaning of playmaking, DeRozan, Weems, Wright are ridicolous, here in Europe there are better player who can play in NBA like Alan Anderson ( Maccabi Tel - Aviv ), Qyntel Woods ( Prokom ), Keith Langford ( Kihmki ), Romain Sato ( Montepaschi Siena ), they are all much better than Toronto guards - small forwards. So let's talk about Turk... He sucks man, he can't play every game worse than the game before; he's totally out of Triano's system, but he earns 10 mil $ !!! He can't play like he's a Matt Harpring or a Pat Garrity.
It's 7.40 AM here in Italy so, please, sorry for my bad english. PEACE
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Re: TORONTO HAS THE WORST PG - SG IN THE NBA 

Post#95 » by SuigintouEV » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry bud, but you have to consider the competition. In those same leagues those guys you named are good players, these scrubs would look GREAT.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,726

Post#96 » by C_Money » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:43 am

Jarrett Jack has won games for us. You don't even know.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,514

Post#97 » by dagger » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 am

C_Money wrote:Jarrett Jack has won games for us. You don't even know.

He has, but not much lately. He's playing well as an individual, but I have to admit I'd rather he played a more restrained game and not take it upon ourselves to do everything. Our ball movement is freaking terrible. Again, it's not all on him, but I'd rather we go back to the team that got most of our offensive drive from our frontcourt.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#98 » by ToffKobe » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 am

Danilovic5
Freshman

Post#99 » by Danilovic5 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 am

I consider myself lucky, I've seen play a lot of players that became good NBA players or have been NBA players; Danilovic, Ginobili, Rasho, Jaric, Charlie Bell, Earl Boykins, Travis Best, Dominique Wilkins, David Rivers and many more.... So don't forget that Anthony Parker played in Europe till he was over 30 yrs old... Remind yourself that Euroleague is not an easy competition, so take a look for example at Josh Childress stats for Olympiakos, he avg 10 ppg not 30.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#100 » by kwamebargnani » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:02 am

I find it ammusing when someone posts a mix.

Return to Toronto Raptors