ImageImageImageImageImage

Another take on the off season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Darby
Sophomore
And1: 0

Another take on the off season 

Post#1 » by Darby » Sat Jul 3, 2010 1:51 am

It is assumed that 2 of Bosh, James and Wade want to play together.
It is assumed that they are all demanding the max money that their original team can offer (the extra 30M).
Therefore one of them must be S&T to another one's team and one must re-sign with the same team. So the question becomes which of Miami, Cleveland or Toronto can put together the best package for another team to re-build with.............can't help but to think about it and ya it's definitely Toronto.
CRACKSMATIC
Starter
And1: 2

Re: Another take on the off season 

Post#2 » by CRACKSMATIC » Sat Jul 3, 2010 4:16 am

Lebron and wade arnt coming to toronto if thats what you mean.

but to awnser your question i think the Bulls could offer the raptors the most in a sign and trade for Bosh, or maybe the rockets but imo its less likely he signs there

a TPE from miami could also be attractive depending on who BC could get
ballocks
Junior
And1: 156

Re: Another take on the off season 

Post#3 » by ballocks » Sat Jul 3, 2010 4:54 am

i think it's a valid point. the raptors don't need to give up any other players/prospects to retain chris, same with the heat and d-wade & the cavs and lebron. and you're right- of those three teams, the raptors probably have the most pieces to dangle in a possible sign and trade for either of the other two players.

the thing is, most of those pieces right now are considered overpaid, underperforming or both. of the raptors' long list of assets, i think only derozan, jack, davis and weems can stand on their own as valuable in terms of pay:performance ratio. so that complicates it a little bit.

and of course, it would require colangelo to up n destroy what he's built, which is unlikely. i mean, to most of us it's a house of cards- but the point is that he probably doesn't feel the same way and that's all that matters. he's too close to it to see the way we feel. it sounds ridiculous (bc it is) but i think bryan colangelo is too proud to toss all his assets to the curb in order to 'start again' with bosh, lebron and wade. i honestly feel that way. i think he is that stubborn... and that's not a good sign, regardless of whether i'm right or wrong.

peace

Return to Toronto Raptors