ImageImageImageImageImage

Jack: Bosh was like 'Michael Jackson' in T.O.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ink
Banned User
And1: 0

Jack: Bosh was like 'Michael Jackson' in T.O. 

Post#1 » by ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:48 am

Jarrett Jack is asking the Bosh bashers to put a sock in it when the Miami Heat touch down at the Air Canada Centre on Feb. 16.

That day marks the return of former Raptors favourite Chris Bosh, who left many Toronto fans angry and disappointed when he elected to sign as a free agent with the Miami Heat this season.

Given Toronto’s history of turning on star players who once played in this town, it seems likely that Bosh will take his share of heat when the Heat finally play at the ACC.

But the Raptors point guard believes booing Bosh is uncalled for — stressing that Bosh signed with the Heat as a matter of business, not because he dislikes Toronto or the fans.

“He was up here not too long ago to gather his things,” Jack said. “Obviously, he could have sent some people to do that for him. But he came up to say his proper goodbyes, to a lot of the people who lived in our building and that sort of thing. And that says a lot about a person.

“People actually loved Chris here. And there was nothing fake about it. He was like Michael Jackson up here. He was larger than life in a sense. And when people love you, they hate to see you go. But that’s just life.”

Jack acknowledged that Toronto fans have a reputation of turning on former Raptors and Leafs.

“They boo who they feel need to get booed,” he said. “But they don’t boo everyone. When Matt Bonner comes back, it’s like the president. Morris Peterson as well, they cheer him heavily.”

what do you guys think. i wouldnt boo him but i wouldnt cheer him either
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Re: Bosh was like 'Michael Jackson' in T.O.: Jack 

Post#2 » by why22 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 am

sorry jarret, your boy is getting ripped on by me and my cousins
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#3 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:50 am

He deserves a standing O when he is introduced, but after that I would just ignore him.

He doesn't deserve to be booed like Vince.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#4 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 am

LittleOzzy wrote:He deserves a standing O when he is introduced, but after that I would just ignore him.

Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Re: Jack: Bosh was like 'Michael Jackson' in T.O. 

Post#5 » by Ripp » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 am

Jarrett Jack's willingness to go against the company line is going to get him in a lot of trouble one of these days
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#6 » by why22 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 am

Ripp wrote:Jarrett Jack's willingness to go against the company line is going to get him in a lot of trouble one of these days

i love jarret, one of the most upstanding guys in the league, i do respect his loyalty to his friend. it may not be "team spirit" but it just shows hes a loyal guy
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,546

Post#7 » by dagger » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 am

Ripp wrote:Jarrett Jack's willingness to go against the company line is going to get him in a lot of trouble one of these days

Is it the company line that we boo Chris? I didn't get the memo and I'll be there at the ACC for that game as I live and breathe.

However, I did sell off my tickets to the Suns game. Frankly, Hedo isn't worth my time.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,198

Post#8 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 am

why22 wrote:sorry jarret, your boy is getting ripped on by me and my cousins

Shows how little people know about the game. A player can give 100% to Toronto and still get booed, simply for moving on to a better situation.

Bosh deserves a standing O for his service, after that just ignore him.
Vinsane15
Veteran
And1: 21

Post#9 » by Vinsane15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:00 am

LittleOzzy wrote:

Show how little people know about the game. A player can give 100% to Toronto and still get booed, simply for moving on to a better situation.

Boo deserves a standing O for his service, after that just ignore him.

You cant prove that, like you cant prove that someone like VC gave up. Dont bring up 04-05 stats in which he only played like 30 mins a game and rarely in the 4th.

We should cheer ppl who actually did something good for this franchise/city. 2 playoff wins is just w.e.

lol at him being Michael Jackson, I think DeMar is already as popular here than Bosh ever was.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,653

Post#10 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:01 am

I'll boo the Heat, but its not because Bosh...I honestly don't even have any resentment towards him at all
JDOB
Junior
And1: 321

Post#11 » by JDOB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:03 am

Can we please just forget about Bosh...
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#12 » by Gold Chain » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am

LittleOzzy wrote:He deserves a standing O when he is introduced, but after that I would just ignore him.

Have fun with that.

He gets nothing from me and I suspect a lot of other.

No booing, no cheering.

And btw Jarrett, Lebron was MJ in Cleveland, Chris was more of a Bobby Brown here in Toronto.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#13 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 am

Why wouldn't he be booed. Bosh knew full well he wasn't gonna re-sign as early as last summer if not earlier, never informed management that he would likely leave so find the best deal for me now for the sake of the future of the team. We basically got nothing for him as a result of his selfishness.

Sure he gave full effort here but he was also doing it for himself so he could get that max contract from us initially and then the Heat. Playing defense was never a concern with him so that "great" effort was rarely seen on the defensive end where stats aren't made for those all star appearences.

While he gave that effort he also never found the time to bulk up those extra 15-20 lbs over the summer like the team always wanted him too except last summer because he had his own agenda. While he may not been as vocal as Carter he was selfish in just a quieter way. And they both dragged thier selfish ass on defense.
ShelB
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#14 » by ShelB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 am

Comparing Bosh to Bonner or MoPete is rotten apples to oranges.
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,952

Post#15 » by EH15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:12 am

vinsanity11 wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:

Show how little people know about the game. A player can give 100% to Toronto and still get booed, simply for moving on to a better situation.

Boo deserves a standing O for his service, after that just ignore him.

You cant prove that, like you cant prove that someone like VC gave up. Dont bring up 04-05 stats in which he only played like 30 mins a game and rarely in the 4th.

We should cheer ppl who actually did something good for this franchise/city. 2 playoff wins is just w.e.

lol at him being Michael Jackson, I think DeMar is already as popular here than Bosh ever was.

lol what
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,669

Post#16 » by Harry Palmer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 am

ink wrote:[

Jack acknowledged that Toronto fans have a reputation of turning on former Raptors and Leafs.

“They boo who they feel need to get booed,” he said. “But they don’t boo everyone. When Matt Bonner comes back, it’s like the president. Morris Peterson as well, they cheer him heavily.”

[/quote]

IMO, the divide has almost always been along the lines of whether or not the departure was of our choosing. If we wanted the guy here and he left, as Jack says, we are famous for being less than mature about it.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
allenyang
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#17 » by allenyang » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:21 am

I won't boo CB1 when the heat's in town, but I'll boo Lebron, enuff said.
Jai Monee
Veteran
And1: 217

Post#18 » by Jai Monee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 am

[quote"]

But the Raptors point guard believes booing Bosh is uncalled for — stressing that Bosh signed with the Heat as a matter of business, not because he dislikes Toronto or the fans.[/quote]

I boo anyone who doesn't rock a Toronto jersey. You're not on the team, you getting heckled by me and my crew. Like Jack said, it's a matter of business.
"I'm a spot-up shooter" - Rasho Nesterovic.
ink
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by ink » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 am

allenyang wrote:I won't boo CB1 when the heat's in town, but I'll boo Lebron, enuff said.

wow i know what your avatar is from. acttually watched that video :wink:
Scouta
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#20 » by Scouta » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:34 am

Im gonna boo until blood starts spilling out of my mouth.

Return to Toronto Raptors