ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Turkoglu doing well in Orlando

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

OT: Turkoglu doing well in Orlando 

Post#1 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:12 am

I haven't watched Orlando much since the trade but out of curiosity have checked the box score and Turks been filling it up.

Without getting too negative about Turk, has anyone watched any of the games? How are they using Turk? Is he getting the "Ball" in his hands early in the clock. I know Howard makes a huge difference on D for Turk, but, I'm wondering how the guy (who is fatter and 2 years older) is being used at the offensive end?

Just wondering because this board had some people thinking we could have used him better in our system.
sig by TZ
laidd
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: OT: Turkoglu doing well in Orlando 

Post#2 » by laidd » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:17 am

Like he said. He gets the "ball"

Nelson becomes a spot up shooting guard as he is way more effective that way..and its basically turk making the plays. He gets like 80% of the touches on the offensive end. Even though he might not create it entirely but he starts it off and facilitates.
flatjacket1
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#3 » by flatjacket1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:17 am

I watched the game tonight, and he was very aggressive defensively. You saw fire feet every possession, and was rarely beat.

He also passed. A lot. He was very unselfish and not ball dominant at all. In the 4th quarter he took over hitting consecutive shots (One being a contested 3) to seal the deal.

I think we used him entirely wrong, and always had said that. Hedo doesn't make a good number 2 or 3 option either (more like 4 or 5) so I can also see why he didn't fit.
Avp115 wrote:Bautista>>Mike Trout and Kendrick
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,718

Post#4 » by hyper316 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:18 am

hedo is a good interior passer, too bad bosh always liked the ball at high pick and pop
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,557

Post#5 » by ItsDanger » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 am

Look, it should have been obvious he didnt fit in with Bosh. Its not that we didnt use him right, his style just didnt mesh with Bosh's style.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#6 » by [SJJ] » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 am

Also watched the game tonight and its night and day from when he was with this team. He actually looks like he's trying.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#7 » by Undefeated » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 am

Only watched 3 Orlando games, and I was impressed with Hedo.

I don't know about receiving more touches lately. Looks the same to me.

Orlando has a use for an excellent entry passer which Hedo provides and thrives in that system. The Raptors? Bosh and Bargnani don't regularly operate in the low post which makes Hedo less effective.

**** guy jacked our money. His body looks more defined or toned...
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:23 am

Looking back I saw 3 or 4 main issues with Turk in the line-up.

-Bosh held the ball way too long
-the spacing on the floor made Turk a spot up guy
-there were too many cooks in the kitchen with Turk, Jose and Jack
-Jose and Turk surprisingly played bad together
-Turk was out of shape and wasn't NBA ready
sig by TZ
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#9 » by fredericklove » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:24 am

Hedo can`t mesh with Bosh but he could mesh well with Amare.
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:27 am

ItsDanger wrote:Look, it should have been obvious he didnt fit in with Bosh. Its not that we didnt use him right, his style just didnt mesh with Bosh's style.

I'd somewhat disagree. On one hand Bosh does like his mid-range jumper on the other hand Jose and Bosh would run the P & R regularly a couple years back and there is no reason why he didn't run it with Turk more. It may have been due to Turk being much slower last season and Bosh does not have the body that Howard does to really disrupt the D. Jose and Bosh did have that down pat.
sig by TZ
bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#11 » by bonjovi0308 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:28 am

Turk sucked in Phoenix too. He will be given every single opportunity and help to succeed in orlando.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#12 » by darth_federer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

Well he sleepwalked his way for a year and a half and became a punchline so good for him for living up to his deal.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 am

bonjovi0308 wrote:Turk sucked in Phoenix too. He will be given every single opportunity and help to succeed in orlando.

I never really thought he'd be a good fit alongside Nash. They are both playmakers and need the Ball to be effective. It was a horrible fit. I still wonder if Lon Babby was on payote when he made that deal.
sig by TZ
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#14 » by Undefeated » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:36 am

coolhandluke99 wrote:I never really thought he'd be a good fit alongside Nash. They are both playmakers and need the Ball to be effective. It was a horrible fit. I still wonder if Lon Babby was on payote when he made that deal.

Part of it, but Hedo has been on the floor a lot with Arenas who's ball dominant too, and things have been fine between the two.

The guy sucked in Phoenix because they don't have a guy who operates in the low-post and backs down their opponent. Simple as that.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#15 » by cram » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:59 am

Fat and lazy as **** here and didn't mesh well with Bosh.
The only SF who has worked well with Bosh is Marion, ironically.

*ironic because i hated that trade.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,718

Post#16 » by hyper316 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:08 am

difference is howard, hedo has someone to feed it to. howard's offense also opens up shots for hedo
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#17 » by J Dilla » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:21 am

Difference is in Toronto and Phoenix, he was forced to play with PGs that wanted the ball in their hands, even though Toronto needed a creator badly before they resigned him. Triano turned Turk into a jumpshooter and wasted his entire season. I know why Colangelo signed him, it was the right signing, but the coaching staff didn't use the signing properly. We still saw the same old Jose pounding the ball for 20 seconds and safely passing it to the open shooter.

When he said "Ball" I knew what the **** he was saying because in Orlando he was the playmaker. People laughed at him, but it is the truth. BALL.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,911

Post#18 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:35 am

If it wasn't for Orlando's system, this guy would be in the D-League right now.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#19 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:39 am

In Orlando, Hedo doesn't have to try as hard defensively. His whole game then opens up. Remember here how many games he'd be fcked because he'd get himself into foul trouble early. That's not a worry now. But he won't earn that contract.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#20 » by darth_federer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:40 am

On a somewhat related note, what is up with Jarrett Jack? Guy has been bad for New Orleans.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.

Return to Toronto Raptors