ImageImageImageImageImage

SSH Event - Chat with BC

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: SSH Event - Chat with BC 

Post#21 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:19 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:I believe they will resign Weems at a nice discounted rate. Sonny will not be fielding many offers unless he gets back healthy and plays exceptionally well for the remainder of the season. Highly unlikely.

I think he could be had for 3yrs/6mill.

I think right now, you could get him for the minimum, or maybe something like the deal you posted but with partially guaranteed/non-guaranteed years.

Great interview OP, although I strongly disagree with your notion that we overpaid for Amir.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Re: SSH EVENT LAST NIGHT ~ CHAT WITH BC 

Post#22 » by dagger » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
blueseeka wrote:Thanks again TicaL0.
Awesome questions.
LOL couldn't remember D-Leaguers name and RealGM having 10 pages on how this guy will be a part of the future.

I think that's a clear sign that we have to take a step back as fans. Anyway, I look forward to next year's marketing campaign with Trey Johnson standing next to Bargnani and DeRozan.

I would think our first round draft picks - there could be two drafts before the next season begins - will be used in marketing before Trey Johnson
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#23 » by dagger » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:I think right now, you could get him for the minimum....

Minimum or a few hundred thou above minimum. That's going to be the market, and that's my thinking with the current CBA. If the CBA is significantly more restrictive, it will be the minimum. Under this CBA, his minimum would be about $1 million next year.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
TheRaptorTruth
Senior
And1: 183

Post#24 » by TheRaptorTruth » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Great insight, thanks for the read!
kem416
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#25 » by kem416 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks for the post.
Great questions.
Wiretap: "Confirmed: Bryan Colangelo's collar acted as blinder in contract negotiations with Turkoglu. MLSE orderd new tailor. Tailor fired after Landry Fields brought in."
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#26 » by rdtx2005 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:44 pm

i don't see you can say Amir is overpaid.
Ajax_Raptors
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#27 » by Ajax_Raptors » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks for the recap. I just have a question, were you memorizing it all or did you write them down. I mean won't BC get suspicious that you might post the info online?
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,510

Post#28 » by Harry Palmer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Ajax_Raptors wrote:Thanks for the recap. I just have a question, were you memorizing it all or did you write them down. I mean won't BC get suspicious that you might post the info online?

Suspicious, how? It's not state secrets here. He's making himself accessible to SSHs, not opening the vault.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#29 » by ontnut » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
Ajax_Raptors wrote:Thanks for the recap. I just have a question, were you memorizing it all or did you write them down. I mean won't BC get suspicious that you might post the info online?

Suspicious, how? It's not state secrets here. He's making himself accessible to SSHs, not opening the vault.

Agreed - I mean most of these things, we already knew 80% at least...it's just nice to get it from his mouth, in a more casual situation than a media interview where one has a tendency to give the more "corporate" type answer.

I think Sonny may have done us a bit of a favour by getting hurt - his contract price is steadily going down since his hot stretch. He's a useful piece to have as your 10th player, I wouldn't mind him at a contract between 1-2.5 million per, pending CBA of course.

I also would much rather have Wright than Sonny at this point. Demar has cemented himself as a "franchise" piece, and Sonny's game is really too similar to Demar's to put too much commitment in Sonny.

I like having Reggie around. Even if the advanced stats guys can show that we may not be better with him on the court, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this team is playing much softer since he went down with injury. Some of the rebounding/interior presence has come back around with the return of Ed, but Reggie definitely had a net positive impact on the team, even if it doesn't show up in the stats. Every team needs a strong vet presence, Reggie for guys like Demar and Bargnani is LIKE Oakley for Vince. A strong, verbal and physical presence who will take the time to help nurture pure talent.
why22
Analyst
And1: 16

Post#30 » by why22 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:37 am

im a little upset at the fact that he was impatient with peja. he should have waited till the deadline
Basketball_Jones wrote:BC holding Casey accountable would go like this:

BC: so I see you played Andrea quite a bit there when he was struggling
Casey: yeah I know, we needed spacing
BC: play him more (walks away)

Return to Toronto Raptors