ImageImageImageImageImage

Doug's season grades / Koreen's grades, Pg. 4

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

highness
Banned User
And1: 31

Re: Doug's season grades 

Post#21 » by highness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 am

BAMartian wrote:actually that's kinda like last season too. Derozan is the man in meaningless games!

He's actually been out best player since February.

/owned.
BAMartian
Banned User
And1: 149

Post#22 » by BAMartian » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:45 am

Oh yeah, you totally owned me. What are you 12 years old?

And for the record, Bargs played 31 games during which he averaged 19.5 pts 5.5 rbs 2 ast in only 33 minutes and also finished with 18.0 PER which is the highest on our team. Our best player Derozan couldn't even crack a PER of 13
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#23 » by Too Late Crew » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am

BAMartian wrote:Say what you want about Bargnani but regardless of what most of you think he deserves a higher score than other Raps this season because he was hands down our best player when he healthy and playing. If that annoys you because he's not a "traditional" big and doesn't grab 10 boards a game, get over it already.

No he doesn't grab 10 boards a game. He grabs 5.5.

You can't even jump up and down and yell ..but 20 ppg because he didn't score 20 ppg this year.

13 games get over it.

Giving Alabi a better grade than Amir? Even at his worst Amir is 100 times more useful than Alabi. That's just sad.

Glad to see Brian gets a solid B for doing nothing. Imagine any other GM out there being so highly praised for simply collecting a check? What was BC's grade last year?
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#24 » by fredericklove » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:47 am

highness wrote:
BAMartian wrote:actually that's kinda like last season too. Derozan is the man in meaningless games!

/owned.

How is that owned? He's right about the February and March meaningless games, and being the best player in the lineup of d-leaguers and bunch of scrubs isn't exactly an accomplishment.
highness
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#25 » by highness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:48 am

fredericklove wrote:
highness wrote:

/owned.

How is that owned? He's right about the February and March meaningless games, and being the best player in the lineup of d-leaguers and bunch of scrubs isn't exactly an accomplishment.

Fred my love, we were not tanking in February.
fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Post#26 » by fatal9 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 am

Would love to have Doug as my TA.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#27 » by fredericklove » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 am

highness wrote:
fredericklove wrote:[

We've been tanking nearly the whole season :eek1: It all started when the Big Cat got fouled and sent to the line :)
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#28 » by sanity » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 am

What a trash article

Is Amir Johnson supposed to be a scorer to have a greater impact on games? What can you really expect out of him?
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#29 » by JN » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:06 am

We have sucked for the lasr two years. We were not going to win many games no matter how we tried. Tanking was a nicer way to state it and accept it.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#30 » by theSkinny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 am

Written by Doug didn't read
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#31 » by Scase » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 am

highness wrote:
fredericklove wrote:
highness wrote:He's actually been out best player since February.

/owned.

P.S. we've been tanking all season

This is a rebuilding year, there was at no point anyone thought realistically we were going for the playoffs.

Also giving bargs and Mags b's, yet JJ getting a C-? Holy christ.....
Props TZ!
SuminderJi
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#32 » by SuminderJi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 am

Amir got a D?

What can you expect out of Amir that you don't get already? He rolls hard, guards the paint and sets decent screens. I don't get how Big Cat gets a B but Amir gets a D? Should be reversed.
So umm this is where people write stuff that they wanted repeated again, and again, and again.

I will NOT fall in that trap...

...darn
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#33 » by Throwback24 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 am

I use to to be indifferent towards The Doug until this

AMES JOHNSON
Status: Signed through 2012-13 season with team option for 2013-14.

Good and bad: Began the season trying to find his way in a Casey system that counts heavily on discipline but figured out a role and was solid for long stretches. Regressed a bit in middle of the season, lost starting job, regained coaches trust and finished strong. Still not the greatest offensive player by any stretch but on way to becoming first player in franchise history to lead a season in blocked shots and steals.

Future: Still a lot of potential if he can harness it; probably a solid backup on a good team.

Grade: C-minus.

WTF? C-? James Johnson is just as deserving a B if Bargnanis rating holds true. I don't even know what this is anymore.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#34 » by sanity » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 am

To be honest we've been sorta tanking since our playoffs exist against the Magic about 5 years ago. The franchise just didn't know it until maybe 3 years afterwards

I hate Doug's grades because I think that reflects on how management feels. Giving James Johnson the same grade as Kleiza is kind of... ridiculous. EIther Doug is just full of **** or Johnson might have done something really bad (that incident on the plane?) to warrant a thorough dog-housing for chumps like Alan Anderson and co. to log more minutes than him.
Tacoma
Head Coach
And1: 4,887

Post#35 » by Tacoma » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 am

BAMartian wrote:
highness wrote:
BAMartian wrote:Say what you want about Bargnani but regardless of what most of you think he deserves a higher score than other Raps this season because he was hands down our best player when he healthy and playing. If that annoys you because he's not a "traditional" big and doesn't grab 10 boards a game, get over it already.

He was our best player for 13 games lol. Post all star Derozan was our best player.

No he was our best player when were actually playing for something. As soon as the rest of the team shut down and we went into full tank mode THEN Derozan became our best player.

Happy?

NEWSFLASH!! This was a tank season with nothing to play for but a lottery pick from Game 1, not Game 14.

You gotta hand it to Bargs supporters. Just when you think they'd run out of excuses, then this one that has never been used in previous years and now it's spreading like wildflower among his fanboys. Amazing! I'm really excited to see what new never before heard excuse y'all come up with next year. :roll:
sauga_raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#36 » by sauga_raptor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:39 am

I'm not even going to waste my time reading this lol
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#37 » by carl_english » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:46 am

Relentless88 wrote:How does Magloire get a B?

B for Big Cat.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#38 » by kwamebargnani » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:09 am

James Johnson: C-

The Doug always has something to make us laugh.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#39 » by jrsmith » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:14 am

Only clicked this thread to see how hard he was going to ride colangelos/bargnanis dicks. And damn, he rode those badboys all the way downtown.
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#40 » by Saciid11 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:29 am

Bargnani gets B for averaging 19.5ppg 5.5reb :D .. 2ass..16 per... shooting .432 FG and .296 from the three point line .. I wonder what grade Ryan Andersson, Ilyasova, Kris Humpheries would get if they were on the Raps ...

Return to Toronto Raptors