ImageImageImageImageImage

BC: Raps won't make Vujacic offer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,166

Re: Stein: Raps NOT making Vujacic offer 

Post#61 » by C Court » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm

highness wrote:
Centre Court wrote:
LittleOzzy wrote:I'm still shocked with the number of people that believed it could be true...

Not me. Any little thing that makes the Raptors organization look bad will send the usual group of suspects into a panic of epic proportions. Plenty of them should know better by now.

Not really. It shows shows how little confidence people have in Colangelo building a good team. Let's face it, signig Vujacic for 4 years 18 mill is a very Colangelo like move.

Your response is beyond idiotic. It was an unfounded rumor yet you still pin it on Colangelo.

BTW, Bryan's only real bad move over the past few years was drafting the bust named DeMar.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,417

Re: BC: Raps won't make Vujacic offer 

Post#62 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:00 pm

I think we posted at the same time haha.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,202

Post#63 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Sasha would be a nightmare here the guy can defend. He's a volume shooter who thinks he's the star on a team. Can you imagine playing Bargs and Sasha at the same time? It would be a 3 point contest to see who jacks the most 3's per night.

Thank God The Raps avoided this bullet we don't want Sasha for this price I would take him for the league minimum.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Nikeforged
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#64 » by Nikeforged » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Make Michael Redd an offer... he's still got something in the tank and could be a shooter off the bench next year @ the 2/3
Sojourn
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#65 » by Sojourn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:I'm still shocked with the number of people that believed it could be true...

im not. colangelo signed kapono for more money and sasha is a better player.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#66 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Nikeforged wrote:Make Michael Redd an offer... he's still got something in the tank and could be a shooter off the bench next year @ the 2/3

Toronto shouldn't be making those guys offers we need a young diamond in the rough type of player. One guy I really like is Thabo Sefolosha off The Thunder he's a very versatile SG/SF who has good handles and is a good defender. Redd I think will sign with a contender like Miami/Chicago/The Lakers/Clippers or somebody like that.

One guy I would love to give a look to at The Summer League is Tyshawn Taylor from Kansas he's a good defender and has the tools to be a good NBA defender and 3 point shooter however he's a questionable midrange shooter and is stuck between the 1-2. I think he has rich man's Daniel Gibson potential right now.

J'Covan Brown is another combo guard who is very crafty and can break his man down off the dribble. I think he could easy be a good backup PG for us and a spark off the bench if we could get him for nothing it's worth a gamble.

Last I would look at a guy like Chace Stanback as a walk on the guy is a good depth player to have and could be a decent backup SG/SF for us if he pans out. He's got a good 3 point shot and can get to the rim and convert his FT's at a high 80% mark and is a good rebounder for his size. I think I would take any one of those 3 guys over Redd now. No disrespect to Redd at all but we shouldn't be going after veterans like him
Nikeforged
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#67 » by Nikeforged » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Nikeforged wrote:Make Michael Redd an offer... he's still got something in the tank and could be a shooter off the bench next year @ the 2/3

Toronto shouldn't be making those guys offers we need a young diamond in the rough type of player. One guy I really like is Thabo Sefolosha off The Thunder he's a very versatile SG/SF who has good handles and is a good defender. Redd I think will sign with a contender like Miami/Chicago/The Lakers/Clippers or somebody like that.

He signed a 1yr deal with the Suns this past season, I think everyone knew going in that they weren't competing for anything other than an 8th seed. Assuming that other teams automatically would throw money at him is presumptuous because he took vet min in PHX.

I don't want to see any more snot nosed kids around. I want some more vets and players in the league that know how it works and know how to be professionals. Other than D-Mart and Big Cat. [green font] we haven't got many other vets capable to playing to a high level [/green font]

I think spacing can't hurt, and you can't leave Redd just drifting around the 3 point line. He is getting back into the swing of things and could be a viable option I believe. Lower risk/hi reward scenario.

Shooters usually come at a premium in the league, and believe we could have him for half of what Korver or other shooters have commanded.

Thabo can't shoot....and he doesn't have handles. He defends very well... but he is not a drastic improvement offensively and we have a hard enough time trying to score as it is.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#68 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Nikeforged wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

He signed a 1yr deal with the Suns this past season, I think everyone knew going in that they weren't competing for anything other than an 8th seed. Assuming that other teams automatically would throw money at him is presumptuous because he took vet min in PHX.

I don't want to see any more snot nosed kids around. I want some more vets and players in the league that know how it works and know how to be professionals. Other than D-Mart and Big Cat. [green font] we haven't got many other vets capable to playing to a high level [/green font]

I think spacing can't hurt, and you can't leave Redd just drifting around the 3 point line. He is getting back into the swing of things and could be a viable option I believe. Lower risk/hi reward scenario.

Shooters usually come at a premium in the league, and believe we could have him for half of what Korver or other shooters have commanded.

Thabo can't shoot....and he doesn't have handles. He defends very well... but he is not a drastic improvement offensively and we have a hard enough time trying to score as it is.

Guys like Redd sign a 1 year deal to showcase the other teams what they could do. It happens all the time, I think Redd will have interest from some better suitors this offseason so I think if say OKC/Miami/Chicago come calling he easily takes them over us. Toronto really needs a long term SG ad I think one of the guys I mentioned is a good smart move if we could get them for free.

It's not that I don't like Redd, in fact I like his game and it's great to see him back at 75+ percent of his old form it's just right now I don't see why he wants to sign with us to backup DeRozan.
Raptor_Claw
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Raptor_Claw » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Vujacic was awful in the Euroleague this year. He just chucked up shots and just made his team worse. He was very inefficient, bad shooting percentages, and just in general didn't play well.

Most of the fans of his team already want him to be replaced. Plus, he continued to act like a punk during the season, as usual. I see no reason why the Raptors would want him.

The guy can defend and he can shoot, but his mind just isn't right.
highness
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#70 » by highness » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Centre Court wrote:
highness wrote:Not really. It shows shows how little confidence people have in Colangelo building a good team. Let's face it, signig Vujacic for 4 years 18 mill is a very Colangelo like move.

Your response is beyond idiotic. It was an unfounded rumor yet you still pin it on Colangelo.

BTW, Bryan's only real bad move over the past few years was drafting the bust named DeMar.

Lol don't be mad at me. I'm not the one who gave Kapono a 4 year 24 mill contract and hand giffed a 5 year 50 mill contract to a 30 year old Hedo. Sad thing is even if that news was true it still wouldn't be the worse contract that BC has handed out.
TheProfessor
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#71 » by TheProfessor » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Thank you BASED GOD. I knew Colangelo couldnt be that stupid.

Return to Toronto Raptors