ImageImageImageImageImage

Why does BC get a free pass when it comes to Hibbert?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Re: Why does BC get a free pass when it comes to Hibbert? 

Post#261 » by hillbilly hare » Mon May 28, 2012 9:23 pm

That list is embarrassing. Even more embarrassing is the line about him making 25 moves and only 2 or 3 of them were terrible. As if each single move has the same weight. As in, the Jermaine trade or the Bosh non-trade are just single moves, just like the legendary Patrick O'Bryant and Giorgio Printezis moves.

Name me a GM who has made 2 moves as horrendous as Colangelo's team-gutting Jermaine trade and the Bosh giveaway and still has a job? What other GM who still has a job has been so utterly bad when it comes to free agents? I mean, 0 for 4? Kapono, Hedo, Amir and Kleiza. Colangelo is to free agency as Babcock was to the draft. The big difference is that Babcock got hung in effigy and then run out of town on a rail, and Colangelo got a contract extension.

Colangelo even flashed his ineptitude with our coaches, when he fired the last mildly successful coach we had - a Coach of the Year winner - without having a real NBA coach in line to replace him. Or rather, in order to hire a guy with who was totally unprepared for the job and ended up proving to be one of the worst NBA coaches in the last 10 years or so.

The fact is, the team has been sinking fast over the last 4 years under Colangelo's mismanagement, and it has now hit rock bottom. He has been brutal over that time span. It wasn't one bad year, one bad deal, one unlucky break with an injury to a key guy. It has been a non-stop string of bad moves and ineptness. He has been at his "best" recently only because he has done nothing, or has been prevented from doing anything. He is "improving" the team by not wrecking it further.

Apart from the downer of supporting one of the worst teams in the NBA, following this thread has become fascinating. The number of people, and the creativeness of their posts, supporting Colangelo is truly amazing. The poster above, who implied that Colangelo's very few, only two, bad moves could be somewhat excused, or at least forgiven, because they were made to appease Chris Bosh. As if appeasing Chris Bosh required Colangelo to make extremely bad team-wrecking deals. Another guy went on to say that Colangelo didn't screw up in not trading Bosh because no GM in the history of the NBA had ever traded his star player because he was afraid of losing him in free agency. Now, I know that there are a lot of distractions in daily life, but the Melo and Deron trades did not happen 30 years ago.

Colangelo has had 6 years at the helm and the team is a shipwreck. An utter disaster. We have gone from bad to worse. We are not better off than we were under Babcock. That is the mind-boggling part of it. Babcock's name is synonymous with ineptitude and incompetence and unpreparedness and basic wimpiness, but the team he left Colangelo is no worse than the team we have now.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,549

Post#262 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 28, 2012 9:37 pm

It's hard for me to believe he kept his job past 2010 in retrospect. If the JO and Hedo hail marys and the Bosh disaster don't get a GM fired, what does? And what a perfect time it would've been to make a change. One era ended (the build around Bosh era) and the slate was essentially bare. He had one swing of the bat, now give to another. Yet he essentially got re-elected for BC era 2.0
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#263 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 9:54 pm

What stands out for me from this is Colangelo's repeated attempt - and failure - to get a second "star" player on the roster in an attempt to convince Bosh to stay in Toronto.

It began with Jermaine O'Neal - a classic high-risk high reward situation. If O'Neal (only 30 at the time) was healthy, the Raps would have had a dominant frontcourt. But he wasn't and they didn't.

So then he moves on to Shawn Marion and then on to Hedo....all with this one goal in mind of trying to build around Bosh.

O'Neal to Marion to Hedo - that's the essence of where Colangelo went wrong. He thought that if he could surround Bosh with the right people, the Raps could win and he would stay.

Didn't work out that way.

However....

the story since Bosh leaves is radicaly different.

The first thing Colangelo does as soon as Bosh is gone is trade Hedo for Barbosa and his shorter and cheaper contract. He cuts more salary in the Peja trade.

And the rebuild begins in earnest.

Since then, Colangelo has had several opportunities to try to swing for the fences as he did with O'Neal-Marion-Hedo and has resisted.

Seeing this, it really does highlight how flawed Colangelo's strategy of trying to trade for a star player was. Part of it was undoubtedly that his moves did not work out particularly well...but we should also consider the possibility that we should never have been building around Bosh in the first place.

I think the reason why many people - myself included - still support him is that we see those sequence of moves as something of an isolated narrative. Now that Bosh has gone, he seems to be following a very different strategy - and one that, quite frankly, a lot of people seem to like.

Having said that, if he goes out and blows his wad on Steve Nash this offseason, then he needs that move to work out much better than his earlier attempts - if it doesn't, then even the most ardent Colangelo supporter won't have a leg to stand on.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#264 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 9:57 pm

Dr Mufasa wrote:It's hard for me to believe he kept his job past 2010 in retrospect. If the JO and Hedo hail marys and the Bosh disaster don't get a GM fired, what does? And what a perfect time it would've been to make a change. One era ended (the build around Bosh era) and the slate was essentially bare. He had one swing of the bat, now give to another. Yet he essentially got re-elected for BC era 2.0

Shockingly...I completely agree. If management was going to make a change, that was the time to do it.

Where we would unshockingly disagree is in our assessment of how BC 2.0 has performed. I would say he has done very well and you would say not so much.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#265 » by J-Roc » Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:What stands out for me from this is Colangelo's repeated attempt - and failure - to get a second "star" player on the roster in an attempt to convince Bosh to stay in Toronto.

It began with Jermaine O'Neal - a classic high-risk high reward situation. If O'Neal (only 30 at the time) was healthy, the Raps would have had a dominant frontcourt. But he wasn't and they didn't.

So then he moves on to Shawn Marion and then on to Hedo....all with this one goal in mind of trying to build around Bosh.

O'Neal to Marion to Hedo - that's the essence of where Colangelo went wrong. He thought that if he could surround Bosh with the right people, the Raps could win and he would stay.

However....

The first thing Colangelo does as soon as Bosh is gone is trade Hedo for Barbosa and his shorter and cheaper contract. He cuts more salary in the Peja trade.

Since then, Colangelo has had several opportunities to try to swing for the fences as he did with O'Neal-Marion-Hedo and has resisted.

Seeing this, it really does highlight how flawed Colangelo's strategy of trying to trade for a star player was. Part of it was undoubtedly that his moves did not work out particularly well...but we should also consider the possibility that we should never have been building around Bosh in the first place.

I think the reason why many people - myself included - still support him is that we see those sequence of moves as something of an isolated narrative. Now that Bosh has gone, he seems to be following a very different strategy - and one that, quite frankly, a lot of people seem to like.

Having said that, if he goes out and blows his wad on Steve Nash this offseason, then he needs that move to work out much better than his earlier attempts - if it doesn't, then even the most ardent Colangelo supporter won't have a leg to stand on.

You are way overestimating his "strategy". Colangelo just hasn't had any opportunities to make a big move. But how about the fact he's still riding the Andrea Bargnani wagon? That's not a trade or a signing, but it's part of his strategy. How about the fact he didn't just start Jerryd Bayless either of the last TWO seasons. If BC was into tanking, or into developing younger players, it would just make sense. But again, his strategy was to ensure any young PG would need to beat out the vet Jose Calderon for playing time.

I was all In BC I Trust back in the day. But he lost me with all his ridiculous moves because he actually did build the team he wanted......JO, Bosh, Smitch....and that team sucked. His vision for a team was flawed and it still is imo.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#266 » by West Rouge » Mon May 28, 2012 10:35 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:It's hard for me to believe he kept his job past 2010 in retrospect. If the JO and Hedo hail marys and the Bosh disaster don't get a GM fired, what does? And what a perfect time it would've been to make a change. One era ended (the build around Bosh era) and the slate was essentially bare. He had one swing of the bat, now give to another. Yet he essentially got re-elected for BC era 2.0

Shockingly...I completely agree. If management was going to make a change, that was the time to do it.

Where we would unshockingly disagree is in our assessment of how BC 2.0 has performed. I would say he has done very well and you would say not so much.

In BC 2.0 what have we seen that has you so optimistic? Picking the right draft pick for the spot your given and making trades that dont drastically imporve the state of the franchise which is almost rock bottom?

Sure BC may have had the upper edge info on Jonas being drafted. But overall his euro connections have not paid divedends. Nor do i think that direction will ever be successful. If BC cant attract STAR players to this market. Fire his ass and keep looking until we find someone who can. His JOB is to build a winning team. For the money he gets paid. The free rides over, go back to Daddy Brian.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#267 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 10:50 pm

West Rouge wrote:
In BC 2.0 what have we seen that has you so optimistic? Picking the right draft pick for the spot your given and making trades that dont drastically imporve the state of the franchise which is almost rock bottom?

Sure BC may have had the upper edge info on Jonas being drafted. But overall his euro connections have not paid divedends. Nor do i think that direction will ever be successful. If BC cant attract STAR players to this market. Fire his ass and keep looking until we find someone who can. His JOB is to build a winning team. For the money he gets paid. The free rides over, go back to Daddy Brian.

:roll:

In regards to your criticism that BC 2.0 hasn't attracted any star talent to Toronto since Bosh left, see: Tank

As for the rest of it, Colangelo has as good a chance as any General Manager of attracting talent to Toronto.

Certainly as good as any general manager we might be able to hire.

Whatever you may think of his performance, his reputation around the league is still extremely good.

There are other reasons why I feel like things are going to improve, but you probably aren't interested so I will just save us both the inevitable back and forth resulting in a flame way in which someone calls someone a gaytard.

Sound good?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,671

Post#268 » by C_Money » Mon May 28, 2012 10:51 pm

hillbilly hare wrote: He has been at his "best" recently only because he has done nothing, or has been prevented from doing anything. He is "improving" the team by not wrecking it further.

I agree with this point. Its hard to look bad in this rebuild when all he's done is suck bad enough to get a high draft pick. There's been no major moves. The only big decisions he's had to make are which players to draft. So you can't say he's been good in the post Bosh era when he really hasn't done anything yet.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#269 » by hillbilly hare » Mon May 28, 2012 10:55 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:What stands out for me from this is Colangelo's repeated attempt - and failure - to get a second "star" player on the roster in an attempt to convince Bosh to stay in Toronto.

However....

I don't know why we keep hearing the same old refrain about "building around Bosh" and somehow that it might be Bosh's fault that Colangelo screwed up. Quite simply: trying to build around Bosh did not necessarily mean building badly. I mean, all the signs are there in your post. "If only Jermaine had been healthy...." Well, he wasn't. Long before the trade. It was brutally bad judgement by Colangelo and a terrible trade, whether it was made to "build around Bosh" or to build around Mickey Mouse. Why Jermaine? Why a hurt, hobbling, over the hill part-time Jermaine? Who was 30 going on 40. Why not, say, Camby? Or Delambert? Or some other veteran big? No, Colangelo assessed the league and came up with Jermaine. Terrible assessment, terrible trade, terrible consequences for the team. That terrible judgement can't be written off so lightly.

Same goes for the Hedo signing. How bad was Colangelo's judgement on that? He watched the team play every day, he had built most of it, and he seriously thought Hedo was the right move? Hedo coming off a career year, people will say. But there's the not so small matter that Hedo put together his career year playing beside one Dwight Howard. Was the plan really that Hedo was going to duplicate that career year playing beside Andrea at center? Seriously? And with Triano coaching, instead of Van Gundy? Unfriggingbelievable.

What is it with phrases like 'maybe we should consider the possibility that we shouldn't have been trying to build around Bosh..." First off, "we" weren't trying to "build around Bosh". The inept one was. Second, the idea of building around a guy is wrong in itself. No professional GM would really approach things that way. We praised Colangelo for drafting BPA and rightly so. Why in his right mind would he not also trade for and sign BPA, regardless of whatever building "around" Bosh meant? I mean, just the fact that he drafted Andrea showed that he really WASN'T trying to "build around Bosh", right? It seems people are going out of their way to look for some obscure reason, one that wasn't really Colangelo's fault, to explain away all his brutal deals. But again, it begs the question: even if you were building around Bosh, did it mean that you had to make bad deals? What was wrong with making good deals to build around Bosh? Or even just to improve the team? Would Chris Bosh, not a stupid man, have preferred having "Bosh-friendly" guys around him (whatever that means), or would he have preferred winning a playoff round or two? Unbelievable.

Even weirder, assuming it was all true, that every deal was made solely with Bosh in mind, never mind that the deals were brutal, then why on earth would he have not traded Bosh when the deals didn't work out and the team was still brutal, and Bosh was still unbuilt around? The so-called strategy was a complete disaster, so why not change strategy and do things right? But no. Ever the late one, ever the slow one, Colangelo held onto Bosh, despite the fact he hadn't been able to "surround him with the right pieces", and Bosh left and left us with next to nothing.

As to his last couple years of doing as little as possible in order to screw up as little as possible, it's weird to hear people talk about this as some kind of master plan. Trading Hedo is some kind of genius stroke because it signals the start of "Something Big", rather than the fact that we dumped a guy who was playing badly and was a brutal fit on this horrible team. A guy that, yes, Colangelo himself had signed a very short time previous. So I guess you don't trade guys playing badly and who are a bad fit on your brutal team UNLESS you have some secret master plan? Otherwise you keep them? You couldn't make this stuff up.

We support him now because he's "following a very different strategy". Different from what? Different from totally horrendous? I would hope so. Doesn't take a genius to "follow a different strategy" than the one that has slowly but surely turned us into one of the three or four worst teams in the NBA. And he merits our support for this brilliant Einsteinian about face? He's now some budding genius because he no longer follows a strategy that can gut a team in a few short years? Wow. I guess we're an easy crowd for the Bryan Show.

But as to this "new strategy", what is it exactly? It's been described as "building from the ground up" and other similar cliches. Usually means going into "rebuild mode", tanking, etc. Building thru the draft. So where were the draft picks? Why not extra late firsts or seconds? Even worse, why the Amir and Kleiza contracts? What have they got to do with starting over? What's with holding onto Jose? How does a slow thirty something fit into our rebuilding plans? It just seems like Colangelo's found a new line to sell. In reality, the team continues to suck enormously, we finish near the bottom of the heap, we get lottery picks, we draft BPA, we continue to suck, we continue to add mediocre players, or less than mediocre ones, we waste money on mediocre free agents, we continue to suck. And the beat goes on. And we have, surprise surprise, another lotto pick this year. Okay. That's four in a row. This isn't all that new. It's not brain surgery. We have been tanking big-time for 3 years. Most teams have improved more than we have after tanking for three years, but anyway. So we can dress it up nice and call it names, but it's nothing new and it's certainly not some Master Plan. It's the slow painful plan called tanking to get lotto picks. Which is pretty risky, obviously, and takes a long long time to see the results. It's also a GM-friendly plan if he can sell it to people, as he can always spin it as "growing pains".

I envy Orlando these days.
Ballin
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#270 » by Ballin » Mon May 28, 2012 11:09 pm

It's really weird seeing people defend BC.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#271 » by theSkinny » Mon May 28, 2012 11:10 pm

So go post on their board and stop being a broken whiny record on ours.

You are just trolling, you should just change your user name to TLDR to save everyone the trouble of bothering to read your posts.

We get you hate BC, what else do you hate? Have any other hobbies besides obsessing over your disdain for the current GM of the Toronto Raptors?

Have you got any opinions on anything besides how much you dislike BC? Did he do s ethi g like bed your mother? It must have been something pretty bad, and personal.. Only someone scorned in such a way would be so against someone or something even in the face of arguments that prove almost all of your issues.

So what was it?
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,671

Post#272 » by C_Money » Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I think the real balance is to stop calling any of his moves astute. Just look at his record and realize he's just terrible all around.

Ok, let’s look at his moves then.....

June 8 2006: Traded center Rafael Araujo to the Utah Jazz for forwards Kris Humphries and Robert Whaley.Assessment: Far from terrible, got back a serviceable big for an unserviceable big.

June 21 2006: Traded forwards Matt Bonner and Eric Williams and a 2009 second-round draft pick to the San Antonio Spurs for center Radoslav Nesterovic.Assessment: Far from terrible as well. The only argument towards this trade was that Bonner was a younger piece with more years left in him than Rasho. But in the end, we needed a big to pair up with CB, and Rasho was a solid piece to accomplish that.

Draft 2006: Traded the draft rights to forward Edin Bavcic to the Philadelphia 76ers for cash.No sure what eddie is doing these days, but the cash was fun to spend!

June 30 2006: Traded forward Charlie Villanueva to the Milwaukee Bucks for TJ Ford and cash.Solid move for a dynamic PG. If Al never knocked him out, it could have been a great trade for us.

February 22 2007: Traded guard Fred Jones to the Portland Trail Blazer for guard Juan Dixon.Solid pick up here, gave up a struggling ex slam dunk champion that forgot how to dunk, for a feisty shooter that played solid D.

June 15 2007: Traded two future second-round picks to the Detroit Pistons for forward Carlos Delfino.Not sure what those 2 2nd round picks turned into, but Delf was a solid pickup for us, and utilized to get us Amir and Sonny. Nothing terrible to see here

June 28 2007: Traded a 2008 second-round pick to the San Antonio Spurs for the draft rights to forward Giorgos Printezis.
Nothing move, but Giorgos is still a highly productive player that could probably find his way on an NBA court, if he so desired.

July 2007 - Raptors sign Jason Kapono for a 4-year/$24 million dollar contract.
Terrible move, but later gets cleaned up.

February 21 2008: Traded guard Juan Dixon to the Detroit Pistons for center Primoz Brezec.Dixon was struggling with us, turned him into a serviceable 7ft big. Still believe Primo could give a lot more than he was asked.

July 9 2008: Traded guard TJ Ford, forward Maceo Baston, center Radoslav Nesterovic and the draft rights to center Roy Hibbert to the Indiana Pacers for forward Jermaine O’Neal and the draft rights to center Nathan Jawai.
The 1st move that I would classify as terrible. But at the time, most felt that it was a solid move for us to make a last ditch effort to give CB a legit center. I also feel that this move alone wasn’t that bad considering we didn’t know what Hibbert was going to be at the time. It compounded into a terrible when BC tried to clean it up.

January 7 2009: Traded guard Hassan Adams and cash to the Los Angeles Clippers for a future conditional second-round pick.A nothing move, but seeing as how useless Adams was, getting a 2nd rounder was pretty solid.

February 13 2009: Traded center Jermaine O’Neal, forward Jamario Moon and a future first-round pick to the Miami Heat for forward Shawn Marion, guard Marcus Banks and cash.Not that bad of a move when graded in isolation. I for one actually wanted to retain Marion, and I thought that the way the team ended out that season was very promising.

February 19 2009: Traded guard Will Solomon to the Sacramento Kings; acquired center Patrick O’Bryant from the Boston Celtics.
Far from terrible, small useless guard for a top 20 pick that had size and skill.

June 9 2009: Traded forward Jason Kapono to the Philadelphia 76ers for forward Reggie Evans.Solid move.

July 9 2009: Traded forwards Shawn Marion and Kris Humphries, center Nathan Jawai and cash to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Antoine Wright and forward Devean George; traded cash to the Orlando Magic for forward Hidayet Turkoglu.
The worst move by far. It was horrendous, but If George had panned out, we would have called it genius on BC’s part (JK).

July 30 2009: Traded forward Devean George and cash to the Golden State Warriors for guard Marco Belinelli.Solid Move again. Like I said, If only George turned out for us.

August 18 2009: Traded guards Carlos Delfino and Roko Leni Ukic to the Milwaukee Bucks for forward Amir Johnson and guard Sonny Weems.Very solid move. I always like Delfino, but we received 2 solid and serviceable players for really only 1 player in return.

Draft 2010: Traded a future second-round pick and cash to the Dallas Mavericks for the draft rights to center Solomon Alabi.Solid move as it is highly unlikely that 2nd round pick nets us anything better. The book is not out on Alabi yet, he could still be a solid big off the bench for us.

July 9 2010: Signed forward Chris Bosh and traded him to the Miami Heat for two first-round picks in 2011 and a trade exception.Terrible in the fact that CB should have been move 2 seasons prior. We had hope he would stay, he didn’t, and this trade was the result. But I will call it terrible

July 14 2010: Traded forward Hedo Turkoglu to the Phoenix Suns for guard Leandro Barbosa and center Dwayne Jones.Great deal, nothing else to say other than hell froze over cause I thought we were stuck with Hedo for 4 more years.

July 28 2010: Traded a 2015 protected second-round pick to the Houston Rockets for center David Andersen and cash considerations.Descent move, but really not much to assess here. He could hit shots and rebound.

August 11 2010: Traded guard Marco Belinelli to the New Orleans Hornets for forward Julian Wright.I think this deal was done more so for Marco than for the Raps. He needed playing time and he wasn’t going to get it with us. JW wasn’t a bad pickup, just not a good fit for us.

November 20 2010: Traded guards Jarrett Jack and Marcus Banks and center David Andersen to the New Orleans Hornets for guard Jerryd Bayless and forward Peja Stojakovic.Not a bad move, but the best player in this move was Jack. But if Bay can ever figure it out, he could make that deal look good for us.

January 24 2011: Traded the draft rights to forward Giorgos Printezis to the Dallas Mavericks for center Alexis AjincaGood move. Alexis was a decent return for a player that may never play on an NBA floor.

February 22 2011: Traded a first-round pick to the Chicago Bulls for forward James Johnson.I like this move, and believe that JJ can be an excellent player for us off the bench. Not sure what Norris Cole will turn into for the Bulls, but I believe JJ will have a better career.

Not that you would ever allow for a sense of reality to intervene with your constant contrived hatred for Colengalo, but according to the facts, your quote of:
J-Roc wrote:I think the real balance is to stop calling any of his moves astute. Just look at his record and realize he's just terrible all around.

Is a bunch of crap……..

Umm... I count 5 terrible moves here and you didn't even mention the Hedo signing. The only good moves he's made were the smaller ones that barely even impacted the team.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#273 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm really not sure what the point of your post was.

I thought I was pretty clear in saying that Colangelo made a mistake in both strategy and execution.

In other words...it was a mistake to try and find a single secondary player to try and entice Bosh to stay and then, having chosen to do so, his execution failed as well.

Yet you seem to think I was defending him against those moves.

I'm not.

I would assess his entire tenure prior to the departure of Bosh was a failure.

I would have totally understood it if the team had fired him in 2010.

But they didn't. He got a second chance.

So having gotten a second chance, now we look back and we see that while one specific aspect of his strategy was a complete failure, he did make many smaller moves that were quite shrewd. And since Bosh left, he has continued to make the same kinds of moves.

Of course...that's where the conversation breaks down again. I think Kleiza and Amir represent excellent value on the dollar - you see them as wasteful spending.

So again...I am not going to go there.

I just wanted to clarify my position since in your magnum opus you seemed to have gotten it completely, utterly, and totally wrong.
highness
Banned User
And1: 31

Post#274 » by highness » Mon May 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Ballin wrote:It's really weird seeing people defend BC.

+1

Bryan Colangelo is probably the most overrated GM in the league. He's been here for 6 years and we've only been to the playoffs twice both being first round exits in a weak eastern conference. He's made countless terrible movies and continues to tout out possibly the worse roster in raptors history. Andrea Bargnani as our go to guy and franchise player? Jose Calderon still the starting point guard even though we have yet to have a winning season with him starting? WORST. GM. EVER
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#275 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 11:20 pm

highness wrote:

+1

Bryan Colangelo is probably the most overrated GM in the league. He's been here for 6 years and we've only been to the playoffs twice both being first round exits in a weak eastern conference. He's made countless terrible movies and continues to tout out possibly the worse roster in raptors history. Andrea Bargnani as our go to guy and franchise player? Jose Calderon still the starting point guard even though we have yet to have a winning season with him starting? WORST. GM. EVER

Do you have this rant ready for cut and paste or do you actually type this every single time you post?
highness
Banned User

Post#276 » by highness » Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:
highness wrote:

+1

Do you have this rant ready for cut and paste or do you actually type this every single time you post?

Our record since BC has been here for 6 seasons: 206-270
Our record the previous 6 seasons before BC: 206-286

Might as well just kept Grunwald. Atleast he gave us VC and Bosh. Colangelo came here with the first pick, cap space, and a young all star in Bosh. 6 years we are back to where we started. But hey! I'm glad you're content with the job BC has done!
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#277 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 pm

highness wrote:But hey! I'm glad you're content with the job BC has done!

Hopeless.

Utterly effing hopeless.
highness
Banned User

Post#278 » by highness » Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 pm

hankscorpioLA wrote:

Hopeless.

Utterly effing hopeless.

Agreed. I feel the same way with BC as our gm.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM

Post#279 » by hankscorpioLA » Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 pm

highness wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:

Hopeless.

Utterly effing hopeless.

Agreed. I feel the same way with BC as our gm.

...and predictable too.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#280 » by LittleOzzy » Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 pm

The above exchange is just hilarious, sad but hilarious.

Return to Toronto Raptors