ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry and Fields Press Conference - Tuesday July 17th @ Noon

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Lowry and Fields Press Conference - Tuesday July 17th @ Noon 

Post#1 » by itbobby007 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

https://twitter.com/RaptorsPR/status/224901247554174976

Tuesday at noon ET @Linfields_bros: @RaptorsPR May we know what time is the presscon for Lowry and Fields?

Thread will be locked till it starts.

Raptors News Conference Live Stream: LINK or LINK

Here's some TurboZone work for your viewing pleasure:

T-Ross the Boss
Banned User
And1: 39

Re: Lowry and Fields Press Conference - Tuesday July 17th @  

Post#2 » by T-Ross the Boss » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Fields; "Love Toronto, excited to play here, excited for the new opportunity, will play defense and grab board and do what I do yo. Oh by the way my girlfriend is really hot. Thanks for the contract lol."

Lowry" Looking forward to the new opportunity. No I don't know who Jose Calderon is. No I don't watch hockey. Why do you guys sound disgruntled? I don't think much of the Steve Nash fiasco. Can you actually ask questions about me? Oh seems we're out of time."

BC "I like the fit. Brings toughness, tenacity, grit, toughness, grit, toughness, tenacity, and some toughness. Fields was our guy all along. He's a great fit. Building and accelerating. Blah blah future cap space. Good character guys with a lot of good character, and really nice personalities. Good character. Thank you for coming."
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#3 » by RaptorReloaded » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Turbo goes off on Fields lmao
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#4 » by Wo1verine » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:52 pm

I really, really hope are horrible media steps up and asks tough questions this afternoon!
BrunoSkull
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#5 » by Los Manos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Excited to finally hear properly form Lowry and see him introduced to the media.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,638

Post#6 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Wo1verine wrote:I really, really hope are horrible media steps up and asks tough questions this afternoon!

Like what?
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Los Manos
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Los Manos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Wo1verine wrote:I really, really hope are horrible media steps up and asks tough questions this afternoon!

And who does that benefit exactly? The media have had conference calls with BC, he has been on the radio, the opportunity has been there and the questions have been answered.

Today is introducing two new players to the team and the city and is about what they have to say. If BC gets grilled today then I'll be pretty appalled by the media as it isn't the time or the place to do so.
SwiftyV
Sixth Man
And1: 1,682

Post#8 » by SwiftyV » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:

Like what?

How hard was it to accept this huge contract?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,638

Post#9 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

SwiftyV wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:

Like what?

How hard was it to accept this huge contract?

"Not very hard! It was an aggressive offer from Bryan, he really wanted me here. I love the city, and the money will support my family. I am really looking forward to helping this team grow and achieve big things and blah blah blah". That's not a hard question to answer. That's just someone trying to sound like a snide douchebag.

What he really wants is for someone to tell BC that he really doesn't like what he has been doing as GM. He should go write a strongly worded letter. It's the Canadian thing to do.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
nahom1319
Veteran
And1: 707

Post#10 » by nahom1319 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:

Like what?

Mike Ganter: How do you feel about receiving more money then your worth as deemed by arm chair gm's?

Landry Fields: I can answer this in song.....'I wanna be a billionaire soooooo fricken bad....'
-------------------
Honestly I don't know what people are expecting here...The toronto media scrum is gona lob softballs as per usual. Someone is going to ask the stupid "How do you like it here in Canada", as if any moron would come out and say they dislike it on day one.

BC's gona have a bottle of water and not take a sip, but he will play with the bottle cap. Everyone will get a little pumped by what DC says regarding his ability to integrate these players into the program, and everyone goes home happy.
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... -THG-1.gif
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#11 » by J-Roc » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:03 pm

I am looking forward to the response from Lowry when he's asked by some hockey media guy how he feels about battling for the starting job with Jose Calderon.

Lowry's response in that moment will tell us where his head's at.

For Fields, I expect a hockey media guy to ask him if he was surprised at the amount of the offer, and we'll see if he gives an Amir response that will forever haunt BC.
Swag_Redefined
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#12 » by Swag_Redefined » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Lets go already. I cant wait any longer ! I bet some media guy asks Fields about Nash. That would be too funny.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#13 » by Spragga » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Jonathan Tjarks, realgm.

Landry do you think Jeremy Lins contract is worse than yours?
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
mista_c
Senior
And1: 10

Post#14 » by mista_c » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

J-Roc wrote:I am looking forward to the response from Lowry when he's asked by some hockey media guy how he feels about battling for the starting job with Jose Calderon.

For Fields, I expect a hockey media guy to ask him if he was surprised at the amount of the offer, and we'll see if he gives an Amir response that will forever haunt BC.

What did Amir say at the presser?
nahom1319
Veteran

Post#15 » by nahom1319 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Spragga wrote:Jonathan Tjarks, realgm.

Landry do you think Jeremy Lins contract is worse than yours?

At least the second time you've posted this today...are you expecting a reaction other then this?
Dr Mufasa wrote: I wouldn't bet any of my personal money on Valanciunas being in the NBA after his rookie contract.
<--- May 22 2012
nahom1319
Veteran

Post#16 » by nahom1319 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:12 pm

mista_c wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I am looking forward to the response from Lowry when he's asked by some hockey media guy how he feels about battling for the starting job with Jose Calderon.

That it was more then he was expecting.
<--- May 22 2012
Los Manos
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Los Manos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:13 pm

mista_c wrote:

He just said he wasn't expecting to be offered that much money.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#18 » by JV4MVP » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Is it exactly at 12?

Also I visited Turbozones website and I was not able to post his sigs from his website... got the invalid website message. Someone should change to allow it.
allenyang
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#19 » by allenyang » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Is this on NBAtv?
Los Manos
Head Coach

Post#20 » by Los Manos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm

The live feed is up and running on raptors.com with the press gathered and waiting.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

Return to Toronto Raptors