ImageImageImageImageImage

Board Discounting Kleiza

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,139

Re: Board Discounting Kleiza 

Post#41 » by duppyy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I think kleiza should work more in the post.

There were times we would post him up, he got in the paint farily easily, just couldnt finish.
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#42 » by RaptorReloaded » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Kid Canada wrote:I think he should start at the 3 to begin the year. He is a better shooter than Fields and we need a better shooter to spread the floor with Derozan. He did come off a major surgery so he will be in better shape than last season. Fields will be a backup/glue guy. Is Aaron Gray on the roster officially?

I think our team will look like this:

PG: Lowry(28)/Jose(20)/Bobby Brown
SG: Derozan (28)/Ross(18)/Lowry(2)
SF: KLeiza (22)/Fields (24)/Derozan(2)/Alan Anderson
PF: Bargnani (30)/Ed Davis (18)/Acey
C: Amir (24)/ Jonus (20)/Ed (4)

I could see Jonus struggling to get 20 mpg due to foul trouble though.

I'm actually hoping we treat Val's rookie season like we did Demars. Let him start games but limit his minutes to around 25. I just don't like wasting our starter spot to Amir or Gray when we could give it to Val so he can learn what it's like to be a starter faster.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#43 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

You had a nice run midway during the season and he did so coming off the bench:

As noted the problem is that some nights his shot is off and he either forces bad shots or just doesn't get minutes... hence his averages get worse. Nevertheless he is a scorer. As long as he get healthier with time and he makes less TOs (should rarely dribble) then he can be quite productive.

That said I honestly wouldn't mind if Toronto amnestied him. He would immediately get scooped up by a contending team such as the Spurs who will more effectively use him as a spark off the bench. He's not a guy who can create his own offense but would look quite good on a better team that knows how to move the ball.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#44 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

LK makes a daggers, then makes fun of the crowd at away games, then bangs their women incessantly every time he comes to town. I like him.
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#45 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Regression2u wrote:Humphries is slightly darker (he's half African-American). Either way genetically he's different. Some people cannot put on those bulky muscles regardless how hard they try. That said most weightlifters are not as cut as Humphries, but are still stronger. We're really beating a dead horse by arguing that Kleiza has a strength problem. It's one of his strengths.... no pun intended.

Kleiza's major problem is that he is too slow to guard SFs, and especially after microfracture surgery. That operation is very serious and look at post injury guys such as Amare and McDyess... they went from being dunkers to mid-range shooters. Kleiza also has the disadvantage of being too short to play the PF position.

For a guy who has been making 4M the criticism is really unwarranted. Jose gets 10M and he's not so great either. People need to relax bc Kleiza does productive things (score and rebound) when his game is on. Of course he's not a 20M player who is consistent and will dominate every game.

Again, I think you're right all through here.

My final point about his muscle and I'll drop it, if Humphries isn't a fair benchmark, could JJ Reddick be? Kleiza probably just has to shed some weight and I'm nitpicking.

If he's too short to play PF and too slow to play SF, gosh darn it, that's one hell of a liability out there.

What can we then hope for then out of this guy?

I guess anything we can get at this point. Val and Kleiza in the secondary hopefully sparks something.

Cautiously Pessimistic.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#46 » by Spragga » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 pm

YounG GunneR wrote:I think kleiza should work more in the post.

There were times we would post him up, he got in the paint farily easily, just couldnt finish.

no no no

He cant dribble so he gets stripped easily in the post. Not to mention that he can only go to his right in the post. He needs to hang around the 3 point line and wait for a kick out. Anything beyond that is just asking for a turnover.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Relentless88
RealGM
And1: 101

Post#47 » by Relentless88 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm

He is terrible. Amnestied next summer.
trenekas
Junior
And1: 39

Post#48 » by trenekas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Relentless88 wrote:He is terrible. Amnestied next summer.

no, you are terrible.
xprt
Sixth Man
And1: 69

Post#49 » by xprt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

People are haters. Everybody talks how Kleiza sucks at defence and handling but Demar has same weaknesses. Their per 36
Kleiza 16.1 ppg 6.8 reb 1.6 apg 2.2 to TS .521%
Demar 17.2 ppg 3.4 reb 2.1 apg 2 to TS .501%
But Kleiza is scrub and Demar is stud...
Dr Mufasa wrote:I believe Jonas will be one of the biggest draft busts of all time.To me he's an unathletic Javale McGee.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#50 » by carl_english » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Kleiza led the Lithuanians to a spot in the olympics. I hope he can bring that shooting back in the NBA and push Landry to get his percentages up.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#51 » by Geddy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Maybe this season he will dribble the ball off of different body parts
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Turbo_Zone
Veteran

Post#52 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Geddy wrote:Maybe this season he will dribble the ball off of different body parts

:lol:

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#53 » by sule » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:53 pm

You'll all be eating crow when he leads single-handedly schools Team USA and wins Lithuania the gold in a few weeks
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#54 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:59 pm

If I see that it won't be crow I'll be eating, it'll be peyote. Because Peyote visions is the only Channel showing that game.
Omar CominYo
Banned User
And1: 21

Post#55 » by Omar CominYo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:04 pm

mapko81 wrote:I expect him to have his best season yet... he is finally healthy, and in his prime (27 years old)

LOL. His prime was in Denver, a gazillion injuries later in a Raps uniform a year removed from commanding the tank will not be his prime. Lower those expectations.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#56 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:19 pm

sule wrote:You'll all be eating crow when he leads single-handedly schools Team USA and wins Lithuania the gold in a few weeks

This

But seriously ppl need to GTFO with the Kleiza hate. The guy is decent.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,487

Post#57 » by Brinbe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm

xprt wrote:People are haters. Everybody talks how Kleiza sucks at defence and handling but Demar has same weaknesses. Their per 36
Kleiza 16.1 ppg 6.8 reb 1.6 apg 2.2 to TS .521%
Demar 17.2 ppg 3.4 reb 2.1 apg 2 to TS .501%
But Kleiza is scrub and Demar is stud...

So you're saying we should praise Kleiza too, even though they're both scrubs? wha
witnessraps
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#58 » by witnessraps » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Turbo_Zone wrote:Image

You trot dudes like Kleiza out there for significant minutes, you're just asking to be on the wrong end of a highlight reel.

I know Basketball IQ counts and physicality isn't everything, but it's a pretty damn big part of the NBA.

I mean, honestly, what's the difference in fitness levels between Kleiza and some dude in the stands who drinks beer and works out his club muscles a couple times a week?

Looks about the same to me.

"But his knee injury!"

Boo-hoo.

Is every muscle in his upper body injured? Focus on the things you CAN work on.

Other players have injuries too.

I just can't believe it when I see NBA players that I'm in better shape then.

It confuses me because I hold pro athletes as my fitness idols and try to get inspired by their feats.

What's Kleiza, 26 in that photo?

If it wasn't greasy, I could post a shot of me at about 26 that would put Kleiza to shame. Probably a few of you could, too.

Man, but remember that 40 pt game once years ago?

Ease Jonas' transition to the NBA and GTFO LK

respectfully disagree with just about everything you said.
Turbo_Zone
Veteran

Post#59 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

^ I admit, I went too hard on Kleiza's physique.

Just hard to imagine anything great from him after watching him play.

If a couple post-ups and some threes is what we're getting, I've got to learn to lower my expectations from these types of players.

I'm venting and just wish we didn't constantly blow our capspace on signing these types of "okay" guys.

IMO BC has to learn to say "Pass!" at the right time.

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
Darknemo2000
Veteran
And1: 1,685

Post#60 » by Darknemo2000 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:24 pm

raptorfan416 wrote:He's not suprising anybody. He is what he is. he's a SCRUB!!!! Alen anderson was better option in my opinion.. He's lucky they need him to hold jonas's hands. Are you forgeting this guy was driving the tank last season.

You need a reality check, mate. Kleiza wasnt driving the tank last season. If anything there were a couple of games where he killed the tank.

DD was driving the tank early on, then after the injury Bargs joined in and then whole team started to carry the tank.

Kleiza was tank commander two years ago but last year he wasnt one.

Return to Toronto Raptors