ImageImageImageImageImage

Board Discounting Kleiza

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Re: Board Discounting Kleiza 

Post#61 » by MEDIC » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Inconsistent.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
Tough Tony D
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#62 » by Tough Tony D » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Didnt we have this exact same thread like 3/4 days ago?
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#63 » by JV4MVP » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:33 pm

It's so predictable which posters will be pro or anti Kleiza :lol:
raptorfan416
Banned User
And1: 172

Post#64 » by raptorfan416 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:36 pm

This topic actually reached 5 pages smh linas is a damn SCRUB! End of topic.
Y0DA
Rookie
And1: 187

Post#65 » by Y0DA » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Turbo_Zone wrote:Image

You trot dudes like Kleiza out there for significant minutes, you're just asking to be on the wrong end of a highlight reel.

I know Basketball IQ counts and physicality isn't everything, but it's a pretty damn big part of the NBA.

I mean, honestly, what's the difference in fitness levels between Kleiza and some dude in the stands who drinks beer and works out his club muscles a couple times a week?

Looks about the same to me.

"But his knee injury!"

Boo-hoo.

Is every muscle in his upper body injured? Focus on the things you CAN work on.

Other players have injuries too.

I just can't believe it when I see NBA players that I'm in better shape then.

It confuses me because I hold pro athletes as my fitness idols and try to get inspired by their feats.

What's Kleiza, 26 in that photo?

If it wasn't greasy, I could post a shot of me at about 26 that would put Kleiza to shame. Probably a few of you could, too.

Man, but remember that 40 pt game once years ago?

Ease Jonas' transition to the NBA and GTFO LK

According to Steve Nash, Jared Dudley was one of the best-conditioned athletes on the Suns even though he lacks muscle definition.

Muscle definition comes from a training program that is conducive to it. That sort of training program will also be conducive to other things that help in basketball like upper body strength and explosiveness. But if your training program focuses mainly on things like endurance, core strength, agility and other such things that are more beneficial for basketball, you won't look anything like a muscle beach type of person.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,812

Post#66 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Well, Kleiza is not ripped. He is pretty strong, muscular and all, but that body could be tighter. Turbozone is kinda harsh, because he is lean ripped guy :lol: OLY's Kleiza on the other hand seemed to work just on his weight and its kinda backfired now when hes playing SF again... Although he can work it out, turn those extra pounds into something useful, I think it always easier to gain muscle mass when you have some fat first.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,490

Post#67 » by Mattd97 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:42 pm

trade him for donut. throw in bargs
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
Salami n Cheese
Freshman
And1: 5

Post#68 » by Salami n Cheese » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:55 pm

I'd want him back if only for the reason that almost every time he stepped on the floor last season a fight almost broke out. He really seems to get under the skin of whoever he's guarding without ending up in too much foul trouble.

I'm tired of the Raptors being a team that's just pitied and mocked. I'd much rather us have a team that other fan bases hate and Kleiza did a pretty good job of that last season.
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#69 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:55 pm

I gotta stand by my point here a little.

Not a fan of Kleiza. I don't believe he earned his Raise-a. I wish we stored that money to go after someone more Amaze-a.

That might have been my worst post ever.
rfan
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#70 » by rfan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

looks ripped her :}
Turbo_Zone
Veteran

Post#71 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:19 pm

rfan wrote:Image
looks ripped her :}

You're right, he USED to be a ripped baller, but (enter excuse) now he's not. I'd love to see THIS Kleiza show up is all I'm saying.

You know what, I've been too hard on him. He is excellent in the Triple Threat Position:

Link: http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx14 ... Kleiza.jpg

Hope he proves me wrong. I'll shut up and give him a chance in a fresh year.

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
Airball
Freshman
And1: 1

Post#72 » by Airball » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Turbo_Zone wrote:Image

WTF this picture suppose to mean? You are just MAD cos he's WHITE!!! :lol:

And what being ripped has to do with strength :-? google zydrunas savickas :roll: :lol:
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#73 » by West Rouge » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Looking at Kleiza's contract vs. what he brings i wouldn't use the word "Discount" in the same sentence
BalticGiants
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#74 » by BalticGiants » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Kleiza is a man! Knocking down 28 points against Venezuela and 22 against Nigeria and most people were saying here - there's nothing left from him after injury. No way! He lost some quickness and some athelticism, but he's still strong, still big and still deadly from downtown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIEbVIwkH8

He's not getting any worse in decision making also. I think he might be 12 points per game player in raptors next year and that's good, IMO.

Hey, Raptors, you better push JV and Kleiza to the starting lineup otherwise you'll get a lot of hate from greens here... :D
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#75 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Airball wrote:WTF this picture suppose to mean? You are just MAD cos he's WHITE!!! :lol:

And what being ripped has to do with strength :-? google zydrunas savickas :roll: :lol:

This comment shows how credible your bias towards Lithuanian athletes truly is... Grow up.

And that picture means, current Kleiza is chubby. I thought it was obvious.

BalticGiants wrote:Kleiza is a man! Knocking down 28 points against Venezuela and 22 against Nigeria and most people were saying here - there's nothing left from him after injury. No way! He lost some quickness and some athelticism, but he's still strong, still big and still deadly from downtown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyIEbVIwkH8

He's not getting any worse in decision making also. I think he might be 12 points per game player in raptors next year and that's good, IMO.

Hey, Raptors, you better push JV and Kleiza to the starting lineup otherwise you'll get a lot of hate from greens here... :D

Another one... You know, not all ''Greens'' are biased hypocrites... Who cares about 12 points per game? Is that all you know? Turk and Kleiza both had 12 points per game seasons as a Raptors, so?
He is not getting worse in decision making, because his decision making was always atrocious.
Kleiza is not a scrub, or even overpaid IMO, but keep it real. Such comments gives nothing positive, if you ca not be objective towards something, just dont talk...
Airball
Freshman

Post#76 » by Airball » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Airball wrote:WTF this picture suppose to mean? You are just MAD cos he's WHITE!!! :lol:

This comment shows how credible your bias towards Lithuanian athletes truly is... Grow up.

White Knight shows up! What bias? What a hell are you talking about? And that picture clearly mocking his skin color...
Turbo_Zone
Veteran

Post#77 » by Turbo_Zone » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

^ +1 @uCanuWill

Let's stick to basketball relevancy if we could. The ice cream colour just happens to correspond to his particular skin colour. (Thought that was obvious)

We'll all have to see when the season starts. Putting up points in this Tourney is a great thing. I'm rooting for him.

I just have a gut feeling I know how this story ends on an NBA court against NBA competition.

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
UcanUwill
RealGM

Post#78 » by UcanUwill » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Airball wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

White Knight shows up! What bias? What a hell are you talking about? And that picture clearly mocking his skin color...

We both know what bias we are talking about. Why you even mentioned Savickas here? You think I cant see obvious, national undeserved feel of accomplishment in your comment? Because I can.
And yes, Turbozone is a racist, and he mocks white people in particular... Hahaha.
Airball
Freshman

Post#79 » by Airball » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:04 pm

"And what being ripped has to do with strength" Did you read this part, or are you just white knight for the Turbo-zone and trolling me, or just stupid?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,962

Post#80 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Airball wrote:"And what being ripped has to do with strength" Did you read this part, or are you just white knight for the Turbo-zone and trolling me, or just stupid?

Chill out, man.

Return to Toronto Raptors