ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: PJ Tucker signs with the Suns

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

OT: PJ Tucker signs with the Suns 

Post#1 » by right between the eyes » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 am

Seems like the whole process was a humbling experience for PJ.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... -wait.html
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Re: OT: PJ Tucker signs with the Suns 

Post#2 » by Los Manos » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 am

I've not heard much about him since he left the NBA. It sounds like he has made big strides in both his game and mentality too. Wasn't the rumour that he got into a fight during practice in Toronto which is why he was abruptly let go?

"It's been a long, grueling journey, but it's fulfilling," Tucker, 27, said. "I was so resentful in Toronto because I wasn't playing much. I was throwing fits. I was so young-minded. I didn't get the big picture or that it's a business. You have to understand your role on a team. You see kids come after you and do the same thing. So many never play and say they got screwed by the GM or coach. When you can be real with yourself and understand why, that's really when it comes to life."

right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,535

Post#3 » by right between the eyes » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 am

Los Manos wrote:I've not heard much about him since he left the NBA. It sounds like he has made big strides in both his game and mentality too. Wasn't the rumour that he got into a fight during practice in Toronto which is why he was abruptly let go?

"It's been a long, grueling journey, but it's fulfilling," Tucker, 27, said. "I was so resentful in Toronto because I wasn't playing much. I was throwing fits. I was so young-minded. I didn't get the big picture or that it's a business. You have to understand your role on a team. You see kids come after you and do the same thing. So many never play and say they got screwed by the GM or coach. When you can be real with yourself and understand why, that's really when it comes to life."

Wasn't it with the almighty Rasho? LOL
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#4 » by miruss2001 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:33 pm

I have respect for a guy who works his way back into the league like that. He' had talent but was undersized. Good on him.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#5 » by MadDogSHWA » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 pm

He looked chubby.

So he's a bulked up stumpy 4 or an even slower 3. Best of luck to him.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#6 » by J-Roc » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:20 pm

We can now officially add the Suns to that list of teams surely to finish behind the Raps.

So how come NBA GM's and coaches can't figure out these guys have attitude problems before they draft them?
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#7 » by zong » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm

right between the eyes wrote:Wasn't it with the almighty Rasho? LOL

"Hey kid, let's NBDL!"
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,991

Post#8 » by Zeno » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Only thing I remember from this guy is that he made the most blatantly homophobic comments of any "NBA player" during the whole Amechi coming out story.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
bigdirty
Banned User
And1: 64

Post#9 » by bigdirty » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:41 pm

J-Roc wrote:We can now officially add the Suns to that list of teams surely to finish behind the Raps.

So how come NBA GM's and coaches can't figure out these guys have attitude problems before they draft them?

BC has since learned to avoid bad apples like PJ Tucker and instead draft only 2nd rounders with no talent or aspirations to be really good at basketball.
Snowcrash
Analyst
And1: 118

Post#10 » by Snowcrash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 pm

right between the eyes wrote:
Los Manos wrote:I've not heard much about him since he left the NBA. It sounds like he has made big strides in both his game and mentality too. Wasn't the rumour that he got into a fight during practice in Toronto which is why he was abruptly let go?

Wasn't it with the almighty Rasho? LOL

Probably not because P.J. would be playing in a wheelchair basketball league.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#11 » by Alfred » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes, it was rumored to be Rasho.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,919

Post#12 » by lolwut » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:20 pm

The Mule!
2023-2024 FatherTrackerâ„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
PJTucker
Junior
And1: 68

Post#13 » by PJTucker » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Nice to see my namesake back in the NBA.
SouR MaSh
Junior
And1: 8

Post#14 » by SouR MaSh » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:50 pm

bigdirty wrote:
J-Roc wrote:We can now officially add the Suns to that list of teams surely to finish behind the Raps.

BC has since learned to avoid bad apples like PJ Tucker and instead draft only 2nd rounders with no talent or aspirations to be really good at basketball.

LOL
LieCheatSteal
Assistant Coach
And1: 418

Post#15 » by LieCheatSteal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:11 pm

I think he's still the best 2nd rounder BC was drafted during his tenure with the Raptors.

Sad.
Two years from being two years away.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,942

Post#16 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

J-Roc wrote:So how come NBA GM's and coaches can't figure out these guys have attitude problems before they draft them?

I'm sure it's quite difficult. When you sit and interview players, they say all the right things. You ask their coaches, they tell you that the player is a great. Great attitude, great personality etc etc.

All these kids have dominated everywhere they've gone, most have been the focal point of the team. I'm sure some even convince themselves that they'll be fine with a lesser or specific role. But when they start living that life, they realize it wasn't what they thought it would be.

Some accept it, some throw tantrums. Not sure it's so easy to spot.
talksick
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#17 » by talksick » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 pm

LieCheatSteal wrote:I think he's still the best 2nd rounder BC was drafted during his tenure with the Raptors.

Sad.

Haha, what's sadder is we left Millsap on the board for PJ, I guess who would have known. Sounds like he grew up and wish him well I guess... Wasn't PJ the top rebounder in the NCAA that year or am I mistaking? Will check after work.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,488

Post#18 » by Bankai » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Guy was a beast for the Texas Longhorns, he was considered their best player and the most NBA ready. Aldridge mostly had hype and potential going for him to be picked #2, and no one expected Gibson to be even drafted. Their had to be good reasons why he fell so much, being undersized probably was one reason. All the experts thought Tucker was a great pick for us though at #35. That supposed fight with Rasho is what got him kicked out I guess.
Baconator
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#19 » by Baconator » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:31 pm

WHAT? FIRE BC.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#20 » by MrBojangelz71 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:05 pm

LieCheatSteal wrote:I think he's still the best 2nd rounder BC was drafted during his tenure with the Raptors.

Sad.

Yes so sad. 2nd round picks pan out almost 90% of the time, dont they?

Return to Toronto Raptors