ImageImageImageImageImage

This reffing is unbelievable.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,069

Re: This reffing is unbelievable. 

Post#121 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:41 pm

I like the one where Hansborough just shoves Amir out of the way for a rebound with both hands outstretched above shoulder height in the 4th (Amir still gto the rebound). Impossible to miss that one.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#122 » by Too Late Crew » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

ItsDanger wrote:I like the one where Hansborough just shoves Amir out of the way for a rebound with both hands outstretched above shoulder height in the 4th (Amir still gto the rebound). Impossible to miss that one.

Hansborough is like the anti Bargs. Its as though someone sucked all the effort and hustle out of Bargs and transferred it into another body.
Mr Dynasty
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#123 » by Mr Dynasty » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Too Late Crew wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:I like the one where Hansborough just shoves Amir out of the way for a rebound with both hands outstretched above shoulder height in the 4th (Amir still gto the rebound). Impossible to miss that one.

Hansborough is like the anti Bargs. Its as though someone sucked all the effort and hustle out of Bargs and transferred it into another body.

Whats with you and every post you make having to do with Bargnani. Even in threads and things you quote, dont have anything to do with Bargnani. Seems slightly unhealthy. Hes here man just deal with it, we all know you hate him.

Anyways like I said in the game thread, someone must have a lot of money on the line cause this **** is ridiculous. I'm not one to cry about the refs but even this is insane.
McFurious1
Head Coach
And1: 865

Post#124 » by McFurious1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:47 pm

If you have the time and equipment to do it make a vid of all the blown calls against the Raptors and send it to the Raptors and NBA. Look how long and how many fines Mark Cuban had to deal with to fix the problem. This isn't our imagination something has to be done.
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#125 » by thunderforce » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06 pm

I think the refs know if they called fouls even close to even it would give the Raps a huge advantage with JV and Bargs probably the best 2 free throw shooting bigs in the NBA . It would be too much for most teams to overcome .
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#126 » by Bankai » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 pm

I know people are like "Oh you only complain about the refs cause you lost/losing. You are just being a sore loser". Even when they won I still thought the refs were terrible, every game it felt like the refs/nba was out to get that foreign team from Toronto. Not only during the Triano Era (at least Triano spoke up about it), but even during the Casey Era. I dont remember a time this season so far that I wasent like "Hmm their is definitely something going on with these Refs". Even in the Raptors both wins, I dont feel like the reffing was fair or even close to fair.
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#127 » by ghuytro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:25 pm

witnessraps wrote:I agree with the guy that said that next time the refs try to screw us and it's obvious Dwyane needs to lose his mind and get tossed.

If I'm Demar, I go get a dufflebag and fill it up with $50k all in hundreds.

Then in the post-game locker-room interview, I'd hold that open in front of the camera and say "I just bought myself some free speech" and launch into an expletive yet fact laden tear down of the refs, Stern and the entire WWNBA charade.

That would be legendary.
DarkSaturn
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#128 » by DarkSaturn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Last season Casey told the team that he didn't want them complaining to the refs, that it was his job.

Well, Calderon got a tech for complaining against Utah. Kleiza did the same last night.

Where is Casey?

The guy needs to tear into the refs soon, or else he's going to be out of the job.

Guy is showing as much passion for winning as Bargs demonstrated last night.

----

As lopsided as that chart is, I'm sure it would be even more obvious if it was sorted by how close the games are, and by quarter. The Utah game in particular was shockingly bad in the 2nd quarter.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach

Post#129 » by Too Late Crew » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:23 pm

thunderforce wrote:I think the refs know if they called fouls even close to even it would give the Raps a huge advantage with JV and Bargs probably the best 2 free throw shooting bigs in the NBA . It would be too much for most teams to overcome .

Yup the Refs know that despite the handicap of being in Canada, being run by MLSE etc that BC is so brilliant in his player acquisitions that only biased refing will stop the Raptors from beating the Heat reaching the finals and ruining the NBA forever.

It truly is a testament to the strength of the roster he has built that Stern needs to go to such large and complicated lengths to hold back the potential dynasty in Toronto.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#130 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm

DarkSaturn wrote:Last season Casey told the team that he didn't want them complaining to the refs, that it was his job.

Well, Calderon got a tech for complaining against Utah. Kleiza did the same last night.

Where is Casey?

The guy needs to tear into the refs soon, or else he's going to be out of the job.

Guy is showing as much passion for winning as Bargs demonstrated last night.

----

As lopsided as that chart is, I'm sure it would be even more obvious if it was sorted by how close the games are, and by quarter. The Utah game in particular was shockingly bad in the 2nd quarter.

Because I like charts...

#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#131 » by ghuytro » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Great work on the charts boys.

I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of correlation between score differential and fouls.

eg. When we're up 8, 10 or 12 if the calls start drying up for us and we get more calls against us. And similarly, does the reverse occur in our favour when we're down by a big margin.

Not sure how to do that?
joeyt618
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#132 » by joeyt618 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm

I can't help but think that this discrepancy has a little to do with the reputation of our team. Like it or not, we are still "Canada's team," and for whatever reason, we are always seen as the foreign team. I'm sure certain refs have a certain bias against us.

A little off-topic, but Chris Webber illustrated this point during last night's broadcast with the Lakers-Spurs game on NBATV. He pretty much ridiculed the Raptors and Canada for a good few segments. Joking or not, it still feeds into the stereotype of us being the joke of the NBA. Did anyone catch this last night?
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#133 » by Inevitable » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

joeyt618 wrote:I can't help but think that this discrepancy has a little to do with the reputation of our team. Like it or not, we are still "Canada's team," and for whatever reason, we are always seen as the foreign team. I'm sure certain refs have a certain bias against us.

A little off-topic, but Chris Webber illustrated this point during last night's broadcast with the Lakers-Spurs game on NBATV. He pretty much ridiculed the Raptors and Canada for a good few segments. Joking or not, it still feeds into the stereotype of us being the joke of the NBA. Did anyone catch this last night?

Chris Webber is irrelevant.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPB9NBUG2g][/youtube]

:)
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#134 » by lolwut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:Because I like charts...

This has always been the refs' strategy, and it was even mentioned in Tim Donaghy's book.

The refs try to make the overall FT discrepancy look smaller than it is by only blowing the whistle in short spurts. At the end of the game, you look at the difference in the boxscore and it doesn't look all that bad. However, if you go through the game minute by minute, there will be short periods where all the calls go one way, which completely changes the complexion of the game in a matter of minutes.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#135 » by lolwut » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm

joeyt618 wrote:I can't help but think that this discrepancy has a little to do with the reputation of our team. Like it or not, we are still "Canada's team," and for whatever reason, we are always seen as the foreign team. I'm sure certain refs have a certain bias against us.

I wonder if Chris Webber voted Republican...
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Clutch Carter
RealGM

Post#136 » by Clutch Carter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm

Added some more data points to the Jazz game, since I think it's the most obvious example. Going to try to look at the second and third quarters on a minute by minute basis and take into account the point differential when I have some more free time.

The shaded portions are free throw attempts, the dotted lines are personal fouls.
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Clutch Carter
RealGM

Post#137 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 am

Here's another one:

The shaded portions are free throw attempts, the dotted lines are points in the paint.

Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#138 » by Kabookalu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:07 am

Clutch Carter wrote:Here's another one:

The shaded portions are free throw attempts, the dotted lines are points in the paint.

Okay seriously how the **** do we dominate them in points in the point and they dominate us in free throws? Makes no ****ing sense I'm so heated again.
Read on Twitter
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,144
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#139 » by PRESTIGE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:44 am

Its going to be interesting to see how long it continues.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach

Post#140 » by Too Late Crew » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:58 am

Choker wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:Here's another one:

Okay seriously how the **** do we dominate them in points in the point and they dominate us in free throws? Makes no ****ing sense I'm so heated again.

Do FTs generated by shots in the paint count as points in the paint?

So if a guy posts up and gets fouled or drives and gets fouled are those points in the paint. If they aren't you have your answer.

Return to Toronto Raptors