ImageImageImageImageImage

#Tradebargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,183

Re: #Tradebargnani 

Post#101 » by realball » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 pm

andrej perboski wrote:
realball wrote:
You see, the masses are smart enough to see that Ed Davis and Amir Johnson are better options at PF than Bargnani, and that Bargnani is giant waste of space. The masses realize that we don't need a PF to space the floor all the way to the 3-pt line, just like almost every other f'ing team. Teams destroy us on the offensive glass because of Bargs. .

If you're the mass i don't think you're very smart

Against Philly +7 rebounds.And TO lose
Against Bobcats -1 rebounds. And TO lose
Against Piston -9 rebound. And TO lose
Against Spurs +9 rebounds. And another loss

Do you think the problem is rebounding?
Very smart

Who the hell said anything about team rebounding? The team has good rebounders at every other position, that's why we beat teams at rebounding. Bargnani, on the other hand, sucks balls at rebounding. Horrible rebound rate, per 36 numbers, career numbers. He's historically bad.
andrej perboski
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#102 » by andrej perboski » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm

realball wrote:Player C is 22 and improving. .

I didn't see improvement from the first year
He continue to fly into the bunch asking for a foul
Still a mediocre jumpshooter with a bad dribble and with a low basketball-IQ
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,778

Post#103 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:14 pm

No kidding. The guy is shooting 38 percent on the season and somehow Appel thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Sally_Field
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#104 » by Sally_Field » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:15 pm

A booing chorus needs to take place at the next home game - from the player announcements to the final whistle, any time Bargs touches the ball. The pain needs to stop.
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#105 » by RapsFanInVA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:No kidding. The guy is shooting 38 percent on the season and somehow Appel thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

:lol: He'll defend his lover til the bitter end
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#106 » by Indiana Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:19 pm

Advanced stats are fun, but the only stat that really matters is wins and losses. And with Andrea as a core piece, this team will NEVER win anything. It's time to part ways. #Tradebargnani
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#107 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:19 pm

realball wrote:
Snooch wrote:
cage wrote:grizzled.. i forgot all about that bargs-obssessed poster. why do they always say we're the laughing stock whenever bargnani gets hated on? news flash, everyone else **** hates bargnani. it isn't just raptors fans who don't want him. and NYK fans never turn on their own players? come on

Not to the extent of some here.

and why do i constantly get labelled a bargs fan or bargs obbsessed? because i dont follow along with the masses in regards to some of their postings on him.

I never once said he was awesome, I never once said he was efficient, I never once said he was an allstar, I never once said he was great, I never once said he was a great defender, I never once said he was a good rebounder. Never once said he should be a piece to be built around

I have said that sometimes too much emphasis is put on his rebounding numbers, and have said that he is better defender than given credit for, and he does create some spacing on offense, and sometimes isnt used properly because he needs to get engaged in the game(shouldnt need to be coddled but nonetheless while he is here he needs it) the need to get him involved.

Oh and that I still think he is the best(unfortunately) pf on the team. I also post alot of trade possibilities involving him.

So I dont get the bargs fanboy crap. really boggles my mind.

You see, the masses are smart enough to see that Ed Davis and Amir Johnson are better options at PF than Bargnani, and that Bargnani is giant waste of space. The masses realize that we don't need a PF to space the floor all the way to the 3-pt line, just like almost every other f'ing team. Teams destroy us on the offensive glass because of Bargs. And if you need to engage a player for him to play well (and well for him is below league-average production), then that player sucks.

You may think that you're some type of genius because you "don't follow the masses", but in reality, you're just not smart enough to see what everyone else is seeing. If this were a classroom, you'd be the special needs kid.

We're on a basketball forum, we're here to discuss basketball, and that discussion includes criticizing our own players. GTFO if you can't handle it, you don't need to come here and tell us what an amazing fan you are for not having an opinion.

You are calling me a special needs kid and you are the one totally missing the point of my post.

I do not disagree with most of what you have said, never have, other than the fact that alot of teams do have a pf that spaces the floor at lest out to 20 feet, alot beyond that. That Davis and Amir unfortunately are not better option just because they rebound at a better rate.

Im all for discussing basketball i think its great that why i Have been around here for a long time, I can more than handle my own, i dont need to GTFO or any other clever abbreviation you want to use to shows your level of coolness.

I do have opinions as well, many, generally well thought out ones i might add ;)

But back to your response to my post. It was in regards to some stuff spilling out onto twitter. That is a bit ridiculous. Jose got a F'N death threat man. you really don't think that paints this organization, fan base etc poorly? It is terrible and deplorable and shameful all wrapped up into one.

I for one am more than willing to point out faults and flaws, but I keep it civil and solely based on what I see in the game, or what statistics tell us. I don't label bargnani as a lazy euro, he is just lazy where he is born has nothing to do with it. Jose isn't el matador, he is just a slow defender laterally :lol: And while I do feel moves need to be made, I will continue to support my team and the players and root for them to do well....that so bad?

I also prefer keep my complaints/criticisms basketball related and grounded in facts/statistics than getting caught up in the hysteria of GTFO! or twitter campaigns to the extent that I will look past 5 or 6 solid plays, waiting and hoping for that one failed.

I am willing to point out/praise good qualities as well, something that very few will do anymore
Tdot24
Pro Prospect
And1: 52

Post#108 » by Tdot24 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:20 pm

I know this is a long shot, but what do you guys think about this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=clvms29

Raptors Acquire
• Derrick Williams
• Chase Budinger
• J.J. Barea
• Chris Duhon
• Earl Clark

Lakers Acquire
• Jose Calderon

Minnesota Acquires
• Andrea Bargnani
• Steve Blake
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#109 » by Young_Buc » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Wasn't grizzled banned for racism? I remember he would spout off his euro love sometimes with making ignorant remarks about african american players. I don't think Snooch has done anything to warrant being compared to that POS.

His views are quite hilarious though. :lol:
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,576

Post#110 » by DG88 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:No kidding. The guy is shooting 38 percent on the season and somehow Appel thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Must be national pride more than anything because it's becoming hilarious now. Bargnani just isn't a winning player. No matter how many times you spin it he'll be a negative factor towards you winning games.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#111 » by UcanUwill » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 pm

andrej perboski wrote:I'm watching a lot of numbers

In the last 4 games (4 losses)

Player A
34-77 (TS% .487)

Player B
23-62 (TS% .4516)

Player C
27-68 (TS% .404)

And the hashtag is #tradeplayerA

What a fanbase

Too bad scoring is the only thing Bargnani brings to the table. He is liability with scoring ability. When mentioned scoring ability turns into liability as well, it beats the whole purpose you see, and the universe around Bargnani implodes from disbelief, this is ridiculous.
andrej perboski
Banned User

Post#112 » by andrej perboski » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
andrej perboski wrote:I'm watching a lot of numbers

In the last 4 games (4 losses)

Player A
34-77 (TS% .487)

Player B
23-62 (TS% .4516)

Player C
27-68 (TS% .404)

And the hashtag is #tradeplayerA

What a fanbase

Too bad scoring is the only thing Bargnani brings to the table. He is liability with scoring ability. When mentioned scoring ability turns into liability as well, it beats the whole purpose you see, and the universe around Bargnani implodes from disbelief, this is ridiculous.

You forgot the FIRST rule
The winner is who scored more

If the winner was who rebounded more we won against Philly and Spurs
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,778

Post#113 » by Basketball_Jones » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 pm

DG88 wrote:

Must be national pride more than anything because it's becoming hilarious now. Bargnani just isn't a winning player. No matter how many times you spin it he'll be a negative factor towards you winning games.

It has to be. And he thinks the fanbase is crazy for thinking otherwise, well go and find another fanbase that wouldn't bash a player that shoots terribly and doesn't do anything else. The only thing Bargs fans can grasp onto now is "spacing" he provides. Yeah, it's so important that it's helping us win games and Bargnani is punishing the other team with this spacing he provides. Oh wait, neither of that is true. We still lose and he can't shoot for crap nowadays.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#114 » by Volcano » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:29 pm

andrej perboski wrote:

can you give your reasoning on why Bargnani is so great and where you see his role on this team? Is he a 6th man or a #1 option? How would he fit in on a championship team?

Also comment on his defense, hustle, scoring this season (38.6%) and what positives he provides compared to someone like..Chris Bosh for example. Bosh is the #3 guy on a championship team averaging 20/8 and 56% shooting this year. As the man, he averaged ~24/11/52%. How close is Bargnani to that?

Overall, do you think Bargnani is a positive or negative on intangibles? (hustle, help D, team D (i.e. rotations), screens, fighting for position, man D, court awareness, communication). If he's a negative there, do you think 38% shooting is useful for a contending team?

Right now we have two core-like pieces that would be useful for a contender - Lowry and JVal in 3 years. Convince me that Bargnani can be one of those pieces.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,823

Post#115 » by UcanUwill » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

andrej perboski wrote:You forgot the FIRST rule
The winner is who scored more

If the winner was who rebounded more we won against Philly and Spurs

touché

:lol:
realball
Head Coach
And1: 3,183

Post#116 » by realball » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:30 pm

andrej perboski wrote:

If he is a mediocre jumpshooter at 44 FG%, what does that make Bargnani at 37%?
andrej perboski
Banned User

Post#117 » by andrej perboski » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

realball wrote:
Player C is 22 and improving.

About DD's improvement

2010-2011-2012-2013
TS%
55.5 -53.0 - 50.3 -50.6
EFG%
50.3 -46.9 - 43.5 - 44.9
%blocked
8.2 - 7.8 -8.0 -10.7

Source
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?nam ... %20DeRozan

Where's the "improvement"?
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#118 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:35 pm

realball wrote:
andrej perboski wrote:

If he is a mediocre jumpshooter at 44 FG%, what does that make Bargnani at 37%?

pisspoor?

I do think, however, that he is a much better shooter than he has shown this season.

He's usually around 43 or 44%, so statistically you would have to figure it is some sort of slump. Generally players dont get that much worse at shooting unless there is something else going on.
andrej perboski
Banned User

Post#119 » by andrej perboski » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:45 pm

Volcano wrote:
can you give your reasoning on why Bargnani is so great and where you see his role on this team? Is he a 6th man or a #1 option? How would he fit in on a championship team?

A lot of answers

a) i know, Andrea had the worst start in the last seasons, first 10 games are bad offensively
And first 6-7 defensively too
In the last 7 he defended well, and played good in 3 hearthbreaker loss
He can win that games but somebody decide to go in hero mode

b) In THIS team he must be the first option , And plz don't tell me AMir or ED must start, they are mediocre as starters

c) in a championship team? Damn, that idiot told last week "I will not ask for a trade next season" so this is a dream (toronto will be never a contender)
Looking at another team (Lakers IE) he can be the second scorer because he fit in D'Antoni's system
Can be a 6h man with the Heat or OKC, can be a starter with Boston or Bulls. Some doubts about NY or Nets
But this is just my opinion
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#120 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:50 pm

andrej perboski wrote:
Volcano wrote:

A lot of answers

a) i know, Andrea had the worst start in the last seasons, first 10 games are bad offensively
And first 6-7 defensively too
In the last 7 he defended well, and played good in 3 hearthbreaker loss
He can win that games but somebody decide to go in hero mode

b) In THIS team he must be the first option , And plz don't tell me AMir or ED must start, they are mediocre as starters

c) in a championship team? Damn, that idiot told last week "I will not ask for a trade next season" so this is a dream (toronto will be never a contender)
Looking at another team (Lakers IE) he can be the second scorer because he fit in D'Antoni's system
Can be a 6h man with the Heat or OKC, can be a starter with Boston or Bulls. Some doubts about NY or Nets
But this is just my opinion

dude don`t bother defending Bargs in here, this board has completely lost it and it won`t stop untiil he`s gone with BC..can`t wait to see Ed Stefanski as our GM...

Return to Toronto Raptors