ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Tank for Andrew Wiggins Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

-InFeRnO-
Rookie
And1: 174

Re: Official Tank for Andrew Wiggins Thread 

Post#41 » by -InFeRnO- » Sun Dec 2, 2012 5:15 pm

i'm down.

let's blow this team up in the 2013 offseason and get ready
RaptorReloaded
Veteran
And1: 970

Post#42 » by RaptorReloaded » Sun Dec 2, 2012 5:40 pm

-InFeRnO- wrote:i'm down.

let's blow this team up in the 2013 offseason and get ready

Keep Lowry, Valanciunas and Ed or Amir. Use whatever it takes on the roster to aquire picks for 2014. Luck out and draft Wiggin's. Use any additional picks to aquire a legit vet like what Boston did to get Ray Allen or Houston did to get Battier.
Lowry
Wiggins
Gay?
Ed
Valanciunas

Not really a big change but a BIG change.
Man of Steel
Lead Assistant
And1: 548

Post#43 » by Man of Steel » Sun Dec 2, 2012 6:15 pm

Maybe not blow the team up but something along the lines of
Lowry for Jennings (younger player with less production now, but more athletic)
Ross and Bargnani for Lamb, PJ3, and Perkins

2013-14 Lineup of:
Jennings/Calderon
DeMar/Lamb
Pietrus/Linas
Davis/Johnson
Valanciunas/Gray

Could also sub DeMar for Ross in the OKC trade, and see which one of Ross/Lamb does better (probably letting us tank better).

Jennings/Calderon
Ross/Lamb
Pietrus/Linas
Davis/Johnson
Valanciunas/Gray

Is that lineup bad enough to tank for Wiggins and/or another one of the great small forward prospects?
HALA MADRID || GO LEAFS GO || LET'S GO RAPTORS
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#44 » by Mack11 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 6:17 pm

Lowry for Jennings? are you crazy??

Im in full support of the Tank for wiggins movement
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,561

Post#45 » by DG88 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 6:41 pm

How bout tank for BPA. Like dagger said there's potentially a lot of good SFs in that draft
bigbadstevenson
Banned User
And1: 365

Post#46 » by bigbadstevenson » Sun Dec 2, 2012 6:59 pm

Mack11 wrote:Lowry for Jennings? are you crazy??

Im in full support of the Tank for wiggins movement

+ a first rounder, of course. Maybe they could throw in Doron Lamb.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#47 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Dec 2, 2012 7:22 pm

You can play any kind of ball you want to with Jonas in the middle, on both ends. No gimmicks, no house of cards, no strategic limits on in-game adjustments- and there is no opposing adjustment which trumps a mobile, legit 5 who makes his FTs. That's why I wanted him, or who I thought he was.

The Raps don't tank for anybody in particular. They just need to just focus on building around JV and try to gather the best young talent they can get, guys who will share his prime years. If we manage to land a better player than JV, great. We just can't half-ass it and try to win/sell out/appease casual fans in the meantime.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#48 » by TheGoodDoctor » Sun Dec 2, 2012 7:23 pm

DG88 wrote:How bout tank for BPA. Like dagger said there's potentially a lot of good SFs in that draft

Of course everone is down for that.

Only thing is I see just 2 SF prospects in Wiggins and Parker that can entirely change the direction a franchise is going. The others the jury is out on. Maybe one will get there but our team so badly needs a player projected at least at the level of Jabari.

*as aside I would love to make a deal with a team for a pick that ranges from #12 to say 18 because Wayne Selden is completely flying under the radar and this kid is a BEAST for SG - built like a tank with true SG skills.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,535

Post#49 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:47 pm

The jury is still out on Wiggins and Parker too
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#50 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Dec 2, 2012 8:49 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:The jury is still out on Wiggins and Parker too

The jury is out on HS players? Court's not even in session yet!
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#51 » by dagger » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:06 pm

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
DG88 wrote:How bout tank for BPA. Like dagger said there's potentially a lot of good SFs in that draft

Of course everone is down for that.

Only thing is I see just 2 SF prospects in Wiggins and Parker that can entirely change the direction a franchise is going. The others the jury is out on. Maybe one will get there but our team so badly needs a player projected at least at the level of Jabari.

*as aside I would love to make a deal with a team for a pick that ranges from #12 to say 18 because Wayne Selden is completely flying under the radar and this kid is a BEAST for SG - built like a tank with true SG skills.

I don't know how you can accept that there are no more than two good SF in that draft, but accept it about two other prep school guys. It's like try to do a little reading beyond the headlines. Read the recruiting sites. It's not entirely clear that Wiggins has the motor of a champ. It's not entirely clear that Parker has all of this game changing talent.

Same thing with this coming draft - a lot of people are buying the Shabazz Kool-Aid without even seeing him. Right now, he's slipped on a couple of draft boards already, usually from 1 to 3. Noel looks more like the real deal. But people here aren't going to stop talking about Shabazz like he's the second coming of D-Wade. It's early, true, but DeMar started out the same way. He was THE high school scoring dude entering the 08-09 college season. He was supposed to be a candidate for first overall pick in 09, but started slow, actually fell out of the lottery in many mock drafts by February, but recovered a bit with a strong Pac 10 playoff. I have an open mind on Shabazz, but some people here have already made up their minds that hell or high water, he's going to be a great star.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#52 » by JunkYardSubs » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:41 pm

fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#53 » by fredericklove » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:15 pm

dagger wrote:
Same thing with this coming draft - a lot of people are buying the Shabazz Kool-Aid without even seeing him. Right now, he's slipped on a couple of draft boards already, usually from 1 to 3. Noel looks more like the real deal. But people here aren't going to stop talking about Shabazz like he's the second coming of D-Wade.

I have some skepticism of Bazz too but the dude is playing in a wrong system, UCLA's slow offense is really a hinder to his capability, there's no consistent plays designed for him, no iso play no set screens for him. The ball movement is also very sloppy overall so he has to work so hard to get into a scoring position.

I think Bazz works better at a Kentucky lineup where there's run and gun and fast pace offense that suits Bazz's aggressive attacking game. All in all, he does have flaws, showed abit of tunnel vision, and for a guy who attacks at will w/ above average athleticism, he couldn't always go right at the rim (probably due to congested lane), Barnes had that issue too but he's working pretty fine right now in the NBA freely open lanes. Also he's not much of a steal thief, doesn't have the quick hands on defensive end and rely only on footwork to guard his man. And finally, he hasn't taken adv on PnR so far yet, I thought a guy like him w/ his athleticism should explode right at the rim at will, and his dribbles are really at a slow learning curve right now so he's not the guy bringing the ball up and relies heavily on coming off screens or post up down low.

I still like his aggressiveness and attack mode though, he's clashing the glass every possession, and really confident in his post up game against anyone, and not shying away from contacts too. He's the kind of guy who doesn't give up in a game, that's a determination right there.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#54 » by Kabookalu » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:31 am

dagger wrote: It's not entirely clear that Wiggins has the motor of a champ.

Who's saying that? Honest question. I have seen though that there are questions whether or not Wiggins has that killer instinct most wing stars have.
Read on Twitter
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#55 » by Undefeated » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:32 am

I think it was his coach. It was something about him not going hard all the time in practice.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#56 » by Kabookalu » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:37 am

Undefeated wrote:I think it was his coach. It was something about him not going hard all the time in practice.

Awww man. I'm hoping he doesn't go hard all the time in practice because there's such a significant gap talent between him and his teammates that he doesn't want to embarrass them all the time :lol:

Read on Twitter
akakalakin
Sixth Man
And1: 245

Post#57 » by akakalakin » Mon Dec 3, 2012 12:55 am

not convinced about Wiggins either

the gene pool ain't there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf98-fM5kmo
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#58 » by Left Side Drive » Mon Dec 3, 2012 1:59 am

Getting Wiggins through the draft is quite the long shot but still technically possible
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,044

Post#59 » by ItsDanger » Mon Dec 3, 2012 2:15 am

Its interesting reading Demar's mock draft weaknesses. Sounds like the same player more or less.

On Wiggins, our only realistic shot is if he demands a trade to our team. We need to ensure we half an appropriate package ready at that time.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#60 » by TheFreshPrince » Mon Dec 3, 2012 2:28 am

Wiggins is expected to play out his rookie contract with whoever drafts him and then sign for the max with Toronto in his free agency experience once his rookie contract is finished. Two things are guaranteed in the life of a Raptor fan; the Sun will rise in the morning, and Andrew Wiggins will do anything to became of Raptor ASAP.

Return to Toronto Raptors