ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#1441 » by pspot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:I'm calling it - J.J. Redick to Toronto.

Harrington and Reddick for Bargnani?
nm
IntricateOh25
Pro Prospect
And1: 81

Post#1442 » by IntricateOh25 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05 pm

pspot wrote:

Bargnani, Anderson for Harrington, Reddick.

It's not the worst trade I've ever seen. It would certainly improve our bench...
pspot
General Manager

Post#1443 » by pspot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:07 pm

TankCity32 wrote:
pspot wrote:

Bargnani, Anderson for Harrington, Reddick.

It's not the worst trade I've ever seen. It would certainly improve our bench...

Can Harrington even play anymore? I remember him being a stretch 4, tough?
i probably wouldn't do it unless I'm way off on Al and he can still play
nm
Bowser61
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1444 » by Bowser61 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/308/al-harrington

Seems like he can still play.

Lowry/Lucas
Derozan/Reddick/Ross
Gay/Fields
Johnson/Harrington
Valaciunas/Gray
pspot
General Manager

Post#1445 » by pspot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 pm

Bowser61 wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/308/al-harrington

Seems like he can still play.

Lowry/Lucas
Derozan/Reddick/Ross
Gay/Fields
Johnson/Harrington
Valaciunas/Gray

he hasn't played this year, what makes you say that?
nm
Ice102
Banned User
And1: 207

Post#1446 » by Ice102 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

I'd only want Redick from Orlando. No Harrington, no Nicholson, etc.

Not sure if we can make that work though.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,780

Post#1447 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm

The thing about Harrington is his contract - only half of it is guaranteed for each of the next two seasons I believe. That's pretty valuable for a team like ours. That'll clear most of Bargnani's salary for each of the next two years.

I think we might have to part with Ross in a deal for Redick + cap savings from Harrington (if Bargnani is included too). If Harrington can play, all the better. Just a hunch.

We might be able to use the Full MLE or something. Lowry's deal is unguaranteed for next season, use the amnesty on Kleiza, and we just might be able to bring back Jose Calderon (if we want to) + re-sign J.J Redick.

Interesting.
pspot
General Manager

Post#1448 » by pspot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 pm

they wouldn't move Ross for Gay, who is essentially now the franchise player
I can't see them giving up Ross for Reddick, and I wouldn't either. Nice off ball scorer (kind of like a hamilton) but 1 year left on his contract and will probably want a pay day
nm
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,780

Post#1449 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:35 pm

pspot wrote:they wouldn't move Ross for Gay, who is essentially now our franchise player
I can't see them giving up Ross for Reddick, and I wouldn't either. Nice off ball scorer (kind of like a hamilton) but 1 year left on his contract and will probably want a pay day

They wouldn't give up Ross in the Gay deal, because it would've been a massive overpayment since Ed Davis was already in the deal. Ross is expendable if they want to stick with DeMar, and it sounds like they do. That's just my feeling on the situaton.
pspot
General Manager

Post#1450 » by pspot » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:
pspot wrote:they wouldn't move Ross for Gay, who is essentially now our franchise player

They wouldn't give up Ross in the Gay deal, because it would've been a massive overpayment since Ed Davis was already in the deal. Ross is expendable if they want to stick with DeMar, and it sounds like they do. That's just my feeling on the situaton.

Ross is a shooter and potentially good defender on a rookie scale contract.
With the Gay and Derozan having another wing player in the rotation at a rookie scale would help.

at this point i can't see them trading Lowry, DD or Ross
Bargs maybe if its the right package but i could definitely see them playing the year out to see how things fit

....though the implosion in Bos is tempting to make a playoff push
nm
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#1451 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:53 pm

I agree I don't touch a Ross/Reddick deal. Ross can develop his shot and be a great 3 point shooter but better in every other aspect than JJ would be. Not sure why some are willing to give up Ross for a guy like Reddick
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,513

Post#1452 » by bballsparkin » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Ross for Reddick or Fredette, a big no thanks. A little patience people. He hasn't had much opportunities to showcase himself. Hold out on Ross unless an important piece is coming back imo.

Wasp wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=alarp68

Raptors / Spurs

Bargnani
Anderson

for

SJax
Cory Joseph
DeJuan Blair

Why for the Raptors? We shed Bargs' salary and pick up two needed pieces in Blair (bench big) and Joseph (PG prospect, hometown kid). We also free up much needed playing time for TRoss. If SJax reports, we can play him down the stretch as our backup 3. If he doesn't, we waive him and he expires.

Why for the Spurs? They turn SJax's expiring and two redundant pieces into Bargs, who could thrive under Popovich as a bench scoring big, and play big minutes to spell Duncan. They also pick up Anderson who is a San Antonio-type player—a journeyman who Pops will find a role for.

Not tremendous value for Bargs, but it's a salary-shedding move that also gives us some needed depth (on rookie contracts, no less).

Interesting trade idea. How are Blair's knees holding up?
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#1453 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:The thing about Harrington is his contract - only half of it is guaranteed for each of the next two seasons I believe. That's pretty valuable for a team like ours. That'll clear most of Bargnani's salary for each of the next two years.

I think we might have to part with Ross in a deal for Redick + cap savings from Harrington (if Bargnani is included too). If Harrington can play, all the better. Just a hunch.

We might be able to use the Full MLE or something. Lowry's deal is unguaranteed for next season, use the amnesty on Kleiza, and we just might be able to bring back Jose Calderon (if we want to) + re-sign J.J Redick.

Interesting.

Wait are you suggesting cut Lowry because he's unguaranteed and sign Calderon & Reddick? I sure hope that's NOT what you meant. If it was I am glad your not GM of this team.

What's with your obsession with Redick? He's 28 years old going to want a big pay day and you want to trade guys like Ross (22) for him/cut Lowrys unguaranteed deal (at least that's what I took from your post) to sign him? That's absolutely horrid.

We don't need JJ redick at all.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#1454 » by DHK » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02 pm

DHK wrote:Just something in mind....

S&T JJ Redick + Nicholson + Ish Smith + Dequan Jones
for..
Bargnani + Ross + 2nd Round Sac Pick

Wonder if Orlando would do that in the off-season...
Bargnani is opposite of Vucecvic, would complement him well. Gives more space for G. Davis to operate in the post where he excels. Ross gives them SG Depth behind Affalo. They also get something back for Redick instead of just plain losing him in free agency.

Raptors get the PF they've been looking for who can operate inside the post in Nicholson. They give away a promising rookie but takes back another rook at a position of need. in JJ Redick, they now have a legitament 3point threat who's going to destroy any double teams on Gay/Derozan.

Raptors waive Dequan jones and Ish Smith.
Raptors amnesty Linus Kleiza.
Using the MLE at disposal; Raptors sign Jarrett Jack

Toronto Raptors Roster for next season:
Lowry/Jack
Derozan/Redick
Gay/Fields
Amir or Nicholson
Val/ Amir/Gray

Bench depth:
JL3
Acy

It would definitely be a playoff team and fun to watch, not exactly a contender though.

Still vouch for my trade.
After the Stefanski interview; if they're set out for more shooters; this trade just makes a lot of sense. and addresses the other problem of frontcourt depth.
On the side of Orlando; I dont see why they wouldnt do this either. Bargnani will make them a better team. They manage to add a high 2nd round draft pick and its a Rook for Rook trade in Ross for Nicholson where they address their need for backcourt depth as well. Ross is the future (Affalo is the short term fix), and the Magic can use their high draft pick and throw it on someone like Noel to replace Nicholson to solidify their frontcourt of...
Vucecvic/Noel/Bargs
Thoughts?
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#1455 » by Double Helix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:14 pm

I posted this in the Stefanski interview thread but Reddick would give our team a lot of flexibility. You could play him off the bench as a spark plug 6th man who comes in and relieves Derozan at SG for a bit, providing our team with more outside shooting alongside Rudy and Lowry without totally killing Demar's confidence by stealing his starter's spot. Reddick would then stay in while Lowry and Rudy are subbed out and Demar comes back in, with Reddick then taking on PG duties and Fields coming in to play SF. Suddenly, you have a really solid 48 minute rotation of complimentary PGs, SGs, and SFs without a ton of controversy and some guys who like to get to the rim and others who can shoot it from deep.

You could even go small ball with Reddick against a team like New York and play Rudy at the 3 against Mello. Wouldn't be ideal but you could try it out because Reddick is big enough and now committed enough to defence to guard a guy like Kidd without any problems while Lowry would check Felton.

The more I think about it the more I think Reddick would be a really good fit for this team. He'd allow us to make better use of the pieces we do have and he really is a very solid passer now. He's about the same liability on defence that Derozan currently is because he works hard and is always engaged. He's a very unique player in this league and I think he'd compliment our guys a lot.
Ice102
Banned User

Post#1456 » by Ice102 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19 pm

DHK wrote:
DHK wrote:Just something in mind....

S&T JJ Redick + Nicholson + Ish Smith + Dequan Jones
for..
Bargnani + Ross + 2nd Round Sac Pick

Wonder if Orlando would do that in the off-season...
Bargnani is opposite of Vucecvic, would complement him well. Gives more space for G. Davis to operate in the post where he excels. Ross gives them SG Depth behind Affalo. They also get something back for Redick instead of just plain losing him in free agency.

Raptors get the PF they've been looking for who can operate inside the post in Nicholson. They give away a promising rookie but takes back another rook at a position of need. in JJ Redick, they now have a legitament 3point threat who's going to destroy any double teams on Gay/Derozan.

Raptors waive Dequan jones and Ish Smith.
Raptors amnesty Linus Kleiza.
Using the MLE at disposal; Raptors sign Jarrett Jack

Toronto Raptors Roster for next season:
Lowry/Jack
Derozan/Redick
Gay/Fields
Amir or Nicholson
Val/ Amir/Gray

Bench depth:
JL3
Acy

It would definitely be a playoff team and fun to watch, not exactly a contender though.

Still vouch for my trade.
After the Stefanski interview; if they're set out for more shooters; this trade just makes a lot of sense. and addresses the other problem of frontcourt depth.
On the side of Orlando; I dont see why they wouldnt do this either. Bargnani will make them a better team, added draft pick and its a Rook for Rook trade in Ross for Nicholson where...Ross is the future (Affalo is the short term fix), and the Magics can use their high draft pick and throw it on someone like Noel to solidify their frontcourt of...
Vucecvic/Noel/Bargs
Thoughts?

It's not bad at all. I think Orlando considers it.

But...

I'm not sold on Nicholson. Great footwork, moves well, has some range, solid offensively. But doesn't really bring anything defensively at the moment and not sure if he ever will. We're giving up Ross for him essentially and I still have hope that Ross can be an all-around player (outside scoring, athleticism, defence) and provide a little more than what Nicholson can give us. But I consider that aspect regardless.

As for Redick. He fits here and I'd replace him with Bargnani. Sign him for a 3-year deal at 8/9 million per (he's not getting less in this market). Not a bad idea.

Now if we can add to those moves and try to get Kyle Korver and Jarrett Jack on three year deals, we would have a nice mix:

Val
Amir
Nicholson
Gay
Korver
Fields
DeRozan
Redick
Lowry
Jack

Throw in Acy and Gray for some size and toughness off the bench. Not sure if we have the assets for this, but it would be a good mix.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#1457 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Double Helix wrote:I posted this in the Stefanski interview thread but Reddick would give our team a lot of flexibility. You could play him off the bench as a spark plug 6th man who comes in and relieves Derozan at SG for a bit, providing our team with more outside shooting alongside Rudy and Lowry without totally killing Demar's confidence by stealing his starter's spot. Reddick would then stay in while Lowry and Rudy are subbed out and Demar comes back in, with Reddick then taking on PG duties and Fields coming in to play SF. Suddenly, you have a really solid 48 minute rotation of complimentary PGs, SGs, and SFs without a ton of controversy and some guys who like to get to the rim and others who can shoot it from deep.

You could even go small ball with Reddick against a team like New York and play Rudy at the 3 against Mello. Wouldn't be ideal but you could try it out because Reddick is big enough and now committed enough to defence to guard a guy like Kidd without any problems while Lowry would check Felton.

The more I think about it the more I think Reddick would be a really good fit for this team. He'd allow us to make better use of the pieces we do have and he really is a very solid passer now. He's about the same liability on defence that Derozan currently is because he works hard and is always engaged. He's a very unique player in this league and I think he'd compliment our guys a lot.

A shooter like Redick makes sense but i think Ross can develop into that and i dont see BC trading him for a guy like Redick. I also cant see him playing PG at all. A shooter at backup PG makes more sense to play with Ross.

Do you think BC and MLSE ownership would go into luxury tax for a guy like JJ Redick? No chance IMO. All Ed said was they wanted to get shooters, Ross is a shooter, he can hit the 3 and will get better, to me he wants a backup PG thats a shooter. You dont trade his (Ross) potential for a guy like Redick who will want a big pay day and force us into tax.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#1458 » by Double Helix » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:22 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
Double Helix wrote:I posted this in the Stefanski interview thread but Reddick would give our team a lot of flexibility. You could play him off the bench as a spark plug 6th man who comes in and relieves Derozan at SG for a bit, providing our team with more outside shooting alongside Rudy and Lowry without totally killing Demar's confidence by stealing his starter's spot. Reddick would then stay in while Lowry and Rudy are subbed out and Demar comes back in, with Reddick then taking on PG duties and Fields coming in to play SF. Suddenly, you have a really solid 48 minute rotation of complimentary PGs, SGs, and SFs without a ton of controversy and some guys who like to get to the rim and others who can shoot it from deep.

A shooter like Redick makes sense but i think Ross can develop into that and i dont see BC trading him for a guy like Redick. I also cant see him playing PG at all. A shooter at backup PG makes more sense to play with Ross.

Do you think BC and MLSE ownership would go into luxury tax for a guy like JJ Redick? No chance IMO. All Ed said was they wanted to get shooters, Ross is a shooter, he can hit the 3 and will get better, to me he wants a backup PG thats a shooter. You dont trade his (Ross) potential for a guy like Redick who will want a big pay day and force us into tax.

I didn't say anything about trading Ross for Reddick. Bargnani would be the key piece going the other way. Orlando seems to have problems keeping guys. Bargnani would be their new Ryan Anderson and Glen Davis their Dwight. :laugh: Not a horrible way for them to tank while still making games remotely interesting to watch.
Ice102
Banned User

Post#1459 » by Ice102 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 pm

How much do you think Redick resigns for though? Isn't he a Free Agent?
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#1460 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Double Helix wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

I didn't say anything about trading Ross for Reddick. Bargnani would be the key piece going the other way. Orlando seems to have problems keeping guys. Bargnani would be their new Ryan Anderson and Glen Davis their Dwight. :laugh: Not a horrible way for them to tank while still making games remotely interesting to watch.

all fine and dandy but where does Redick play then? What happens to Fields? Do you sit his 6.25 on the bench? Do you take minutes away from Ross? He isnt a backup PG

Return to Toronto Raptors