ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread Part II 

Post#181 » by TheFreshPrince » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:48 am

azncorruptedo17 wrote:Clips fan here,

Got a trade idea for NEXT year.

We're waiting on CP3 to sign that extension, so EB isn't going anywhere until next year.

Calderon has 1 year left in his contract, probably going to demand more and most likely leaving after this year [maybe], kyle lowry under contract until next year so you guys may be able to do this and have cap room to do this.

Idea:
Clips send EB + people

Toronto sends Ross + Davis + 1st rounder.

doesn't have to be davis, probably expiring contracts but we're most likely going to want that 1st rounder

you guys can have a core of eb/derozan/blah/bargnani/Valančiūnas

thoughts?

I'd like to add Bledsoe, but you're overvaluing him to the max. No way he's worth all three of those assets. He's only worth each as a single entity.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#182 » by youreachiteach » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:17 am

My favorite trade is a very small meat and potatoes trade:

Toronto sends Kleiza for Channing Frye and Jermaine O'Neal.

Last time he was here, Jermaine actually made Bargs half decent, and he is an expiring. He would provide so much more coverage than Aaron Gray--we could actually start him. He knows the city and the conference, and could help us make a little more noise in the playoffs. He could also mentor JV (a more useful mentor than cluless Kleiza). He also gives us some swag and toughness along with Lowry.

Now, I'm not entirely sure of the medical report on Channing (he hasn't played for a while) but for the opportunity to dump a useless contract like his Phoenix does this in a second.

If Channing comes back, he's more useful than Bargs at a slightly cheaper price--and if he doesn't? Meh. He costs the same as Fields anyway. We could then amnesty Bargs at the end of the year and ostensibly have like 21 million in extra cash. Not exactly that much, as Demar takes about 7 away, and Channing Frye would add a mil over kleliza, but still. 12 mil would be plenty to get someone decent to help out or at least to extend Ed and keep Calderon at a discount rate.

O'Neal /Big V
Davis/Amir
Fields/Demar/Pietrus
Demar/Ross
Calderon/Lowry
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#183 » by gaspar » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:33 pm

@youreachiteach: The Suns say no. Frye is out for the season and if he's not healthy next year the Suns can waive his contract via medical exception. When healthy Frye's worth his contract, Kleiza is useless.
azncorruptedo17
Starter
And1: 222

Post#184 » by azncorruptedo17 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:37 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:A Ross for Bledsoe trade straight up would be an interesting deal to consider. No way to Davis or a 1st being used as sweetener

i probably wouldn't mind.. best bet is to tell ross to gain 15-20lbs and shift him up to sf =P
Clipper fan since '95!!
raps4589
Pro Prospect
And1: 28

Post#185 » by raps4589 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:43 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:Would Rondo be cool with coming off the bench behind Jose?

hahaha you know it would happen too hahahahaha
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#186 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:58 pm

Ross + Davis + 1st rounder for .... Bledsoe?!? LOL is that a joke? Bledsoe isn't THAT good and at this point I wouldn't even entertain moving Ross for him. So it would be ONE of Davis or 1st rounder for him. Then, we don't have a first rounder to trade. Heck, even Ed has been playing great basketball lately.

Ed would be the most they could hope for in return for Bledsoe.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#187 » by pspot » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:04 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:Ross + Davis + 1st rounder for .... Bledsoe?!? LOL is that a joke? Bledsoe isn't THAT good and at this point I wouldn't even entertain moving Ross for him. So it would be ONE of Davis or 1st rounder for him. Then, we don't have a first rounder to trade. Heck, even Ed has been playing great basketball lately.

Ed would be the most they could hope for in return for Bledsoe.

I know WTF

Bledsoe has a slightly better per than Jose and worse than Lowery

why would the raps deal all that for arguably their strongest position
nm
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#188 » by JN » Fri Jan 4, 2013 6:30 pm

dagger wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:simple.

To Toronto: Rudy Gay
To Memphis: Trevor Arizia + Terrence Ross + Jan Vesley + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick
To Washington: Jose Calderon + Quincy Pondexter

Memphis first and foremost gets out of luxury tax. Next they find their "Mayo" and future SG replacement while also taking a flier on a guy like Vesley and getting Arizia as a floor spacer with the hope he regains form in a winning culture.

So you take Memphis out of the tax and put us squarely in it for two seasons. How generous of you.

You do realize you have added a net $14 million in salary next year, taken our obligations up to $74 million - over the tax line - we still won't have a backup point guard or the ability to re-sign Alan Anderson or the ability to use any draft picks without go deeper into luxury tax.

And what happens a year later when Lowry is extended?

And all of this to acquire a player whose current PER is lower than DeMar's.

And boy, for that much cap relief, MEM has no right to expect Ross. To get Ross, they would have to take a lot of dross like Kleiza and Gray - in other words, a lot less cap relief.

And whose fault is that Dagger? We have a mediocore team with many young players and still have no flexibility to take on a big contract? Not that I am necessarily pro Gay trade, but the fact that such a trade would put us up against the tas in our situation is entirely due to the ridiculous contracts handed out by BC.

Contracts that you fully supported.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,436

Post#189 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:03 pm

To Toronto: Cousins, Hayes, Salmons
To Sacramento: Gay
To Memphis: Calderon, Fields, DeRozan
navibharj
Junior
And1: 0

Post#190 » by navibharj » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:32 pm

Rapsfan07 wrote:To Toronto: Cousins, Hayes, Salmons
To Sacramento: Gay
To Memphis: Calderon, Fields, DeRozan

Deroz has been playing great for us and giving him away for a historic knucklehead is too big of a risk
navibharj
Junior
And1: 0

Post#191 » by navibharj » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:34 pm

Posted this in the R Gay thread and prob will be buried there

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wr7vva

In this trade, we also move our pick (the one OKC has) to Memphis

We take back Perkins who is expensive but better C than Gray

OKC gets Bargs off bench

Memphis gets cap relief and a pick

Thoughts?
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,449

Post#192 » by mtcan » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:39 pm

Bargnani and Gray to GS for Biedrins and a first round pick. Salaries are pretty close with Beans contract being 1 year shorter. Surely Biedrins' contract will be worth some next season as an expiring. Bargnani is insurance in case Bogut can't play and alongside David Lee...he won't have to worry about rebounding...

Realize that we're not getting Harrison Barnes for Bargs so he best you can hope for is to save some $$ and get a draft pick out of it...
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#193 » by dagger » Fri Jan 4, 2013 8:51 pm

JN wrote:
dagger wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:simple.

To Toronto: Rudy Gay
To Memphis: Trevor Arizia + Terrence Ross + Jan Vesley + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick
To Washington: Jose Calderon + Quincy Pondexter

Memphis first and foremost gets out of luxury tax. Next they find their "Mayo" and future SG replacement while also taking a flier on a guy like Vesley and getting Arizia as a floor spacer with the hope he regains form in a winning culture.

So you take Memphis out of the tax and put us squarely in it for two seasons. How generous of you.

You do realize you have added a net $14 million in salary next year, taken our obligations up to $74 million - over the tax line - we still won't have a backup point guard or the ability to re-sign Alan Anderson or the ability to use any draft picks without go deeper into luxury tax.

And what happens a year later when Lowry is extended?

And all of this to acquire a player whose current PER is lower than DeMar's.

And boy, for that much cap relief, MEM has no right to expect Ross. To get Ross, they would have to take a lot of dross like Kleiza and Gray - in other words, a lot less cap relief.

And whose fault is that Dagger? We have a mediocore team with many young players and still have no flexibility to take on a big contract? Not that I am necessarily pro Gay trade, but the fact that such a trade would put us up against the tas in our situation is entirely due to the ridiculous contracts handed out by BC.

Contracts that you fully supported.

That's not a big contract. That's a gargantuan one, there are few bigger. My concern isn't so much the $74 million for next season, there are ways to deal with that. But what about extending Ed and Lowry the following summer. That's more than merely taking on a big contract. That two or three big contracts with DeMar. Teams aren't going to be lining up to take a $17 million contract for such a player. He's paid as much as Lebron, for Chrissake.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
kingcns187
Senior
And1: 648

Post#194 » by kingcns187 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:28 pm

navibharj wrote:Posted this in the R Gay thread and prob will be buried there

OKC gets Bargs off bench

Thoughts?

If we can get Rudy for Bags, Caldy and Fields then I am all for it.
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#195 » by Sterling_Archer » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:58 pm

navibharj wrote:Posted this in the R Gay thread and prob will be buried there

OKC gets Bargs off bench

Thoughts?

The issue would be in resigning a guy like Ed Davis in the future along with Lowry the year after with all the cap we are taking on. I don't doubt this makes us a better team by keeping Derozan and Ross along with Anderson we have a solid group of wings that can produce. Amnesty Kleiza and we may not have much cap issues I would hope.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#196 » by StopitLeo » Fri Jan 4, 2013 10:28 pm

Sterling_Archer wrote:
The issue would be in resigning a guy like Ed Davis in the future along with Lowry the year after with all the cap we are taking on. I don't doubt this makes us a better team by keeping Derozan and Ross along with Anderson we have a solid group of wings that can produce. Amnesty Kleiza and we may not have much cap issues I would hope.

The way Ed is playing we could probably let Amir go and sign him for similar money in two years.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#197 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:36 pm

Memphis trades:
Rudy Gay
Wayne Ellington

Memphis gets:
Danny Granger
Alan Anderson

Indiana trades:
Danny Granger
DJ Augustin

Indiana gets:
Jose Calderon
Terrence Ross
Linas Kleiza

Toronto trades:
Jose Calderon
Terrence Ross
Linas Kleiza
Alan Anderson

Toronto gets:
Rudy Gay
DJ Augustin

MEM gets under the lux tax while swapping Gay for Granger which has high upside for them because healthy Granger is a perfect fit for their lineup. IND replaces Granger with the younger Ross and gets a needed PG in Calderon.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#198 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Jan 4, 2013 11:39 pm

Tanger wrote:
Sterling_Archer wrote:

The way Ed is playing we could probably let Amir go and sign him for similar money in two years.

Ed is playing like a 9 mil player at worst. I expect he asks for an extension this summer no smaller than Demar and Bargnani's
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#199 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 1:54 am

with the Rudy Gay rumors i reworked my deal.

To TOR: Rudy Gay + Aj Price
To MEM: Trevor Arizia + Jan Vesely + Terrence Ross + SAC 2014 2nd Round Pick (Via TOR)
To WAS: Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Josh Shelby (Via TE) + TOR 2013 2nd Round Pick

why for Memphis?

1. Memphis gets right under the luxury tax total salary would be 70,156,044 (luxury tax is 70.3)
2. Arizia, Ross, Vesely is a decent haul for Gay. Ross as a SG replacement, Arizia as a SF that they hope with a winning culture he can regain form.
3. Next season they also remain under tax.
4. Pickup what could be a good 2nd rounder in a deeper draft then 2013

Why for Toronto?

1. Difference between Gay and Ross/Kleiza is 10 million (putting them at 69 million next year total)
2. Gay gives them a star, only 2.5 out of a playoff spot they could make a run but most likely we go for next season
3. Fill the roster with minimum guys. We dont need Alan Anderson, Fields can play SG/SF backup and Lucas is still under contract stay below tax.

Why for Washington?

1. Save in excess of 6 million dollars next season
2. Vet PG for the team in Calderon
3. Pickup a 2nd rounder next year and a guy like Shelby

Kyle Lowry / Aj Price / John Lucas
Demar Derozan / Alan Anderson
Rudy Gay / Landry Fields / Mikael Pietrus
Ed Davis / Andrea Bargnani / Quincy Acy
Jonas Val / Amir Johnson / Aaron Gray

next year fill it out with minimum guys (like Aj Price/Alan Anderson/Mikael Pietrus this year) theres plenty out there that would suffice and still remain below tax.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#200 » by pspot » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:43 am

I think T Rob can play SF and wouldn't mind if the Raps kicked the tires to see if he's available
nm

Return to Toronto Raptors