yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks

Moderators: tsherkin, Yuri Vaultin, FluLikeSymptoms, Morris_Shatford, Rhettmatic, Alfred, Undefeated, DG88, itbobby007

Post#16 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:54 pm by Pchu

You have to take most NBA draft comparison with a grain of salt, and we shouldn't have these unrealistic expectations for players.

I remember DeRozan's comp range from Vince Carter to Kobe Bryant, which is setting our expectations way too high and there is no way DeRozan can live up to that expectation.

Basically, the people who write these comps just speculate, they have no basis. It's just pure fantasy in their mind.
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#17 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 am by Dr Positivity

Couldn't find a more general draft thread, but looks like Ben McLemore is about to become the frontrunner to go #1. Can't have a better night for hype than dropping 33 with a game tieing buzzer beater, he's putting up a ridiculous 51/46/89 shooting statline which with his athleticism and body type will likely bring about the Reggie and Ray comparisons. NBADraft.net has him at #1 now, I bet the other sites follow soon
Dr Positivity

RealGM
And1: 1,212

Post#18 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 am by Harry Palmer

People are comparing Ross to T-Mac?!?

Oh, this board and the rampant negativity.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 389
Location: Standing outside a broken braintrust with money in my hand

Post#19 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:16 am by UcanUwill

Meursault wrote:look up:

- DeShawn Stevenson
- Darius Miles
- DerMarr Johnson
- Jerome Moiso

Well, they compare playing styles after all. Not saying much though, all those comparisons were nonsensical.

kmatrixg wrote:
cbpern wrote:Maybe they have since changed, but I swear nbadraft.net used to pick their comparisons based on who a player kinda looks like.

I noticed that as well. Or at least body type, I'm not sure which was more prevalent.

Oh, I have one then, Quentel Woods = LeBron James.
UcanUwill
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,105

Post#20 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:34 am by Superchunk

Meursault wrote:
kmatrixg wrote:WHY HAS NOBODY BUT MYSELF COMPARED LILLARD TO STEVE FRANCIS YET?! I'm baffled!

because lillard's girlfriend is not nearly as pretty as cuttino mobley

Classic :)
Superchunk
Junior
And1: 35

Post#21 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:01 pm by number15

Hasheem Thabeet = Dikembe Mutombo :lol:

Demar Derozan = Vince Carter :x

Adam Morrison = Larry Legend :o ......... :lol:

Andrea Bargnani = Dirk :lol:

Kevin Durant = Dirk/Tmac 8-)
number15
Banned User
And1: 41

Post#22 Re: OT: NBA Comparisons to Draft Picks
Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm by raps4589

number15 wrote:Hasheem Thabeet = Dikembe Mutombo :lol:

Demar Derozan = Vince Carter :x

Adam Morrison = Larry Legend :o ......... :lol:

Andrea Bargnani = Dirk :lol:

Kevin Durant = Dirk/Tmac 8-)

nbadraft.net is the worst for comparisons.. the kevin durant one was good with tmac, durant is a better t mac imo, but they usually just compare players to who they look like, adam morrison to larry bird was just because he looks like him
raps4589
Pro Prospect
And1: 26

Next

Return to Toronto Raptors