ImageImageImageImageImage

How do we like Lowry now?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Re: How do we like Lowry now? 

Post#61 » by Scase » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:18 pm

jstarks10 wrote:
maxslugger wrote:
Not at all, I've never seen Lowry put this team on his back and give us a win. Everytime he starts to play good he gets hurt. Since he's known to score before pass I can forsee this effecting his play like last night.

Blame the pass on caldy all you want, I'm neutral, just want the team to win and Lowry AINT BETTER THAN JOSE AT PLAYING PG. Hey don't forgot on the pass that Alan Anderson was fouled and no1 could seem to get open off the inbound... Previously Demar had to use our last timeout because no1 could get open.

I thought we were talking about last night's game. Lowry has been playing like a pass first PG, which is completely mind-boggling. Lowry took 11 shots yesterday, which includes the half court shot when they had 1 sec left. Only 11 shots while playing 30+ minutes....look at how many assists he had. He's been averaging 7+ assists (while only average about 25 mpg) ever since he came back. Now I know for a fact you dont know much about basketball.

You HAVE to blame Calderon for losing that game. AA should have been the LAST player to pass it to. He was right by the baseline with 2 defenders lurking around. Even if he passed it to someone else, raps would had a better chance of retaining the ball and possibly led to a win.

So can you agree that Lowry kept the lead until calderon came back?

Don't bother wasting your logic on a troll.
Props TZ!
DanBootleg
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#62 » by DanBootleg » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:32 pm

He's still one of 4 guys I am keeping if I were to blow up this team tomorrow.
IvanIV
Veteran
And1: 886

Post#63 » by IvanIV » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Love the guy. By the way, it's "prima donna", ****.
Thanks, TZ!
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#64 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:52 pm

Just to clarify when you guys mention pre-madonna, are u talking before or after Lucky Star and Borderline.
Greg Stink
Starter
And1: 13

Post#65 » by Greg Stink » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:Just to clarify when you guys mention pre-madonna, are u talking before or after Lucky Star and Borderline.

I thought they were talking about Cher.
sauga_raptor
Sixth Man
And1: 903

Post#66 » by sauga_raptor » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:04 pm

J-Roc wrote:He should be our 35min PG night in and night out. Whether you like him or not, we traded a 1st round pick for him. We either have to make use of him or try to trade him for equal or better value to what we traded to get him.

This. Let's figure out what we have here.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,598

Post#67 » by dTox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Love him, he's by far the best PG we've ever had. The team shouldn't be built around him but he's a 3rd banana on a contending team, which is something we definitely can move forward with.
TBZ for the win
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,598

Post#68 » by dTox » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:36 pm

maxslugger wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Alright enough with the trolling. Last night he did collapse on OT against Jrue on defensive end but by no means he's a worst defender than your boy Jose. Oh also Jose is getting traded soon. Deal with it.

Jose is not my boy believe me. I just want you bi-polar fans to realize Lowry is a bum, maybe even worse when we hand the keys over to him to run the point..

Maybe the fact that 95% of the ppl here agreed that Lowry should stay suggests that we aren't as bi-polar as you are making it seem, especially since he had a bad game by his standard last night yet we are still standing behind him..just a thought
TBZ for the win
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#69 » by C.Boshly » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm

I think the problem is that people truly believe Lowry is a better player than he is.

This guy got beat out as the starter by Dragic last year.

I think he is a better player than Jose but, in my opinion, the difference is marginal.

This team has such a lack of talent it really doesn't matter who is better. Just dislike people demonizing Jose.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#70 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Here's the deal with Lowry - we need to know if he'll be amenable to signing a contract extension with us in the summer or prior to the start of next season. As of now, I'd say it's not looking very likely. So, what do you do? Do you trade him & try to get as much value back as we gave up for him, or do you make moves with him in mind, thinking that with them, he'll be enticed enough to re-up with us?

I don't know, it'll be interesting to see what BC or whoever the GM is, does.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#71 » by Undefeated » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Tanger wrote:
Undefeated wrote:Lowry can't run the PnR? Dafuq. His pass to Amir threading the needle was right on the money last night.

And all the times he passed it off the defender's foot or behind his teammate? Lowry doesn't take good angles to create space for passes and he doesn't lead the guy rolling with his passes.

I think Lowry would be better doing more dribble penetration, draw and kick, etc...

He's not Chris Paul, but he finds and reads angles just fine when he turns the corner to stretch the hedge creating space and drawing the double before making that bounce pass between the defenders. Look at the pass he set up for Acy and Amir last night that got Sherm praising him. Calderon doesn't even lead his man to the rim when they dive. It's mostly Amir and Ed being able to make spectacular catches than it is Calderon dropping dimes.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#72 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:55 pm

As much as I like Lowry, I really want the management to make a decision before the trade deadline whether they would like to keep him long term. If not, they should trade him right away. There is no point to wait and risk Lowry having another injury. It's not like his trade value will go up any further by waiting till summer.
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#73 » by JunkYardSubs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:57 pm

Pre-Madonna?
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#74 » by Big Shot » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:59 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:Pre-Madonna?

Marie Osmond
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#75 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:03 pm

C.Boshly wrote:I think the problem is that people truly believe Lowry is a better player than he is.

This guy got beat out as the starter by Dragic last year.

I think he is a better player than Jose but, in my opinion, the difference is marginal.

This team has such a lack of talent it really doesn't matter who is better. Just dislike people demonizing Jose.

Sensible post. BC was dumb enough to give up a 1st rounder for him so people now equate him to being some legit all star. The truth is Houston couldn't get rid of him fast enough and he was on the trading block for awhile but obviously no other lottery team would consider giving up a 1st rounder for him except us.

He's not a bad player and is tough as nails but there is no way a real contending team would have him as a starter, he is just too limited as a PG. We have a such a lack of talent on his team that even an average PG like him gets overvalued by our starving fan base which is understandable considering how putrid this franchise has been most of their existence.

Both him and Jose are different types of PG but they are similar in that they are both very replaceable. Neither of these guys can be our PG if we want to be serious about building a really good team.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#76 » by Undefeated » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 pm

ansoncarter wrote:^calderon makes "pocket bounce passes" all the time. He's fantastic at it. His 2man game with ed and amir is on a blatantly higher level than lowry imo. Also defenders chase him off screens all the time

I see Calderon making a lot more of those jump passes leaving his feet than making bounce passes.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,342

Post#77 » by TOStateofMind » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 pm

pre madonna :lol:
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#78 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

"Im mad" over this baseless claims by you ill advised fans. Worse defender than Jose calderon? I hope nobody brings up any synergy stats to embarass you. Just stick to the eye test please only one of our pg can pressure a ball handler and contain the dribble. no it isnt jose calderon who's lost on the defensive end. Never read such bs in my life. He plays well in the 2nd half of a game and now its called "jacking shots" This fan base is just sad. Yall settle for mediocrity and learn the intracacies of the game from tv.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#79 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 pm

TOStateofMind wrote:pre madonna :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Illuminati_
Starter
And1: 346

Post#80 » by Illuminati_ » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 pm

dTox wrote:Love him, he's by far the best PG we've ever had. The team shouldn't be built around him but he's a 3rd banana on a contending team, which is something we definitely can move forward with.

Precisely. Joses pick and roll game is severly overrated as well. Lowry can hit them for the same looks...its all based off Amir/ed's offball movement and cuts. Only thing Jose brings to you is that spot up shooting and thats it, his fear of the paint is abigger liability than any negative from lowry.

Return to Toronto Raptors