ImageImageImageImageImage

Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situation)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Re: Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop (Bargnani Situati 

Post#41 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Time to start pondering Bargnani + Ross trade ideas, because that's the only way we'll get anything for him sadly.
RaptorLakerJay
Senior
And1: 271

Post#42 » by RaptorLakerJay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 am

As much as Bargnani is playing terrible basketball.. I do agree that fans should lower the booing. He's human too.
Raps Militia
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,458

Post#43 » by Raps Militia » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
Raps Militia wrote:We have the most incoherent fans of the world!

I agree with you man, obviously. Carter, Bosh, Bargnani....NOBODY deserve this.

Yeah man. It's doing nothing for the team but hurting it. Real fans should support/encourage the TEAM. Jack spoke the truth.

Jack spoke the truth, as always.

I love the passion and enthusiasm of the fans. But unfortunately not all are smart people who know basketball.
Bargnani playing poorly (actually) and deserves to be criticized, not ghettoized.

The incoherent of these fans can be seen, when Bargnani (against the Celtics) enters in the game (gets the boo), not just makes his first baskets, is applauded from all the crowd...

I will never forget all those "fans" who cheered for Lin, who makes the buzzer beater against us.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,561

Post#44 » by DG88 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

Bargs didn't deserve the boos today that's for sure. I rag on Bargs a lot and there are times where he deserves the boo birds but not tonight. This board has been bipolar since I got here and I doubt it's going to change with all the cynicism on this board. Humans in general are irrational especially when it comes to having emotional ties to something. Thank you for the post Rapsobsessed7 at least I know you're one of the few rational posters on this board.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#45 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

I think the fans are trying to boo Bargnani thinking he can go off like Carter, Bosh etc. Too bad it only works when they're not wearing a Raptor jersey.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#46 » by Strategist1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:54 am

RaptorLakerJay wrote:As much as Bargnani is playing terrible basketball.. I do agree that fans should lower the booing. He's human too.

bah... If it's too much for him... Let him forfeit his contract ...and sign somewhere else. But of course, he won't.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#47 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 am

vini_vidi_vici wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:this board is literally becoming unreadable from what it used to be.

The game thread is a prime example, its literally unreadable at this point. Its not all posters either, theres some good ones left but theres some who just need to stop overreacting after every little thing.

The reason the board is unreadable is because people take a premise from the game thread, and use it to perpetuate another narrative in its own thread.

This isnt facebook, just write it in the game thread if you have a problem. Great game today though.

Actually no, come here after a loss or days after and look at the numerous threads made about players who had a bad game. I'm using today's game thread as ONE example.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#48 » by Wo1verine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

"Hatred Against Our Players Has To Stop"

it absolutely doesn't , if you don't put in the effort or dedication fans should/will booo

Stop being a sissy fanboy.
BrunoSkull
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#49 » by Zeno » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:56 am

There is absolutely no point in playing him if they are not going to run plays for him on occasion to keep defences honest. What are they expecting from him? Hustle points?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#50 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

Yeah Jack made a good point. Not everyone is going to react the same way to booing. We can use the stick to hold the carrot instead. I mean if were going to be doing this for the rest of the season its pretty pathetic because it wont achieve a damn thing.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#51 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:57 am

DG88 wrote:Bargs didn't deserve the boos today that's for sure. I rag on Bargs a lot and there are times where he deserves the boo birds but not tonight. This board has been bipolar since I got here and I doubt it's going to change with all the cynicism on this board. Humans in general are irrational especially when it comes to having emotional ties to something. Thank you for the post Rapsobsessed7 at least I know you're one of the few rational posters on this board.

Thanks same to you. I hope one day some of these people change and I truly feel for Bargnani as you said he really didn't deserve it tonight. He's human and it's clearly hurting him.
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#52 » by Black Milk » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:59 am

DG88 wrote:Bargs didn't deserve the boos today that's for sure. I rag on Bargs a lot and there are times where he deserves the boo birds but not tonight. This board has been bipolar since I got here and I doubt it's going to change with all the cynicism on this board. Humans in general are irrational especially when it comes to having emotional ties to something. Thank you for the post Rapsobsessed7 at least I know you're one of the few rational posters on this board.

He's deserved boo's for many years and he's getting all the accumulated boos now. Now if he start's playing like he gives a crap people will stop. Till then he should get used to it.
Secondly what's irrational about booing a chronically underperforming, over payed, coddeled player who basically does one thing which is scoring and does that poorly?
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#53 » by Wo1verine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 am

carlosey wrote:Yeah Jack made a good point. Not everyone is going to react the same way to booing. We can use the stick to hold the carrot instead. I mean if were going to be doing this for the rest of the season its pretty pathetic because it wont achieve a damn thing.

Not booing doesn't achieve anything either though! I say continue with the booing until she shows up! Perhaps then the booing will stop.
BrunoSkull
bigbadstevenson
Banned User
And1: 365

Post#54 » by bigbadstevenson » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:... Hes on our team and he needs to play well so everyone gets their wish, cool it on the booing.

The game thread is a prime example, its literally unreadable at this point. Its not all posters either, theres some good ones left but theres some who just need to stop overreacting after every little thing.

Peace.

Is Bargnani reading this message board? How is the game thread a "prime example" of booing that will negatively affect his confidence?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,835

Post#55 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:00 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Thanks same to you. I hope one day some of these people change and I truly feel for Bargnani as you said he really didn't deserve it tonight. He's human and it's clearly hurting him.

Who cares? He's making 10 million dollars a year to perform a job, if he doesn't want to do this job anymore, he can leave.

But if you're going to half-ass your public facing job, you're going to get booed. Why is that weird?
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#56 » by Ted Lasso » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:01 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:The reason the board is unreadable is because people take a premise from the game thread, and use it to perpetuate another narrative in its own thread.

This isnt facebook, just write it in the game thread if you have a problem. Great game today though.

Actually no, come here after a loss or days after and look at the numerous threads made about players who had a bad game. I'm using today's game thread as ONE example.

You're missing the point. It's not that people change their opinions on a game by game basis. It's that distinct posters use favourable circumstances to make their case for the views they hold.
wfnshow316
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#57 » by wfnshow316 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 am

Last time I checked I cheered for the Toronto Raptors not the Bargnani's or the Rudy Gay's - As long as he wears the jersey I won't boo him, I might not cheer him or even acknowledge a good play but I will at least try in my small way to aid in his performance - I try to be consistent - which is more than many on this forum - want the MLSE to know your displeasure - Don't go to the games
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#58 » by JYD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:03 am

I have zero problem booing a player who gives next to no effort. What's the problem? You're kidding yourself if you think anyone wants Bargnani, we would only get a terrible contract back for him and are better off going amnesty and signing our own MLE player.

If Bargnani were on the Knicks, he would be booed everytime he caught the ball, and probably 2 or 3 years ago. Our fanbase is actually remarkably patient with stuff like this, supporting having Bargs rammed down their throats for 6 years and selling out arenas after 15+ years of most shiatty teams. Our fans are not stupid, I think it's kind of elitist actually to infer they're like plebes who don't know anything. They certainly can see when a player can't even fight for post position.
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM

Post#59 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:04 am

Chandler Bing wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:The reason the board is unreadable is because people take a premise from the game thread, and use it to perpetuate another narrative in its own thread.

You're missing the point. It's not that people change their opinions on a game by game basis. It's that distinct posters use favourable circumstances to make their case for the views they hold.

Well I've seen posters flip flop from "trade Derozan now hes a scrub" to "he's a stud". They do what you said too though
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#60 » by Raps Maniac » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 am

Duffman100 wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:

Who cares? He's making 10 million dollars a year to perform a job, if he doesn't want to do this job anymore, he can leave.

But if you're going to half-ass your public facing job, you're going to get booed. Why is that weird?

Noone cares about Bargnani. The fact is we, as fans should care, for the future of this team. And by booing him, like Rapsobsessed7 said, is only making it harder on him to perform, just shut your mouths, let him raise his value by putting up some freaking points. Fans of most other teams overhype their scrubs, we're booing our own players, who are still ON THIS team. No wonder BC couldn't trade him. He never said anything bad about the city, or demand a trade like Carter or Bosh, so I dont understand this? Plus, its not like he's a douche like Hedo, he doesn't have problems with coaches, and has never really shown bad character. Let BC trade him and get something of value back for him in the summer, then we can boo him all we want.

Return to Toronto Raptors