ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,525

Re: PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you ****! 

Post#141 » by GP2 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

I don't expect a whole lot from Telfair (after all, we traded Haddadi to get him), but I think he can give more stability to the second unit. Lucas is pretty erratic, but a fantastic shooter when open. He holds the ball way too long though. Hopefully Telfair can remedy that if Casey gives him any burn.

Fact: We have 3 PGs. None of them are over 6 feet. Lowry is listed at 6 feet but I seriously doubt it.
AJWest05
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#142 » by AJWest05 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:06 am

Man even though we won, I absolutely hate it when we go "small". Fire this coach or demote!! I want to see a normal lineup dammit. Think of how much better our defense would be with the length of Big V. Big V > AA or Fields on crunch time.
Uncle Jeff
Senior
And1: 32

Post#143 » by Uncle Jeff » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 am

The atmosphere in the ACC was amazing during clutch time.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#144 » by J Dilla » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:07 am

I guess Casey gives Chuckderson a lot of credit because the man has worked his ass off to get where he is.

We get it though, he's earned his place in the league, but stop the damn chucking
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#145 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 am

Can someone tell me why Rudy Gay is so popular on twitter? He has 700k - 800k followers. Way more than any other Raptor player or Grizzlie player for that matter.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#146 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

GP2 wrote:I don't expect a whole lot from Telfair (after all, we traded Haddadi to get him), but I think he can give more stability to the second unit. Lucas is pretty erratic, but a fantastic shooter when open. He holds the ball way too long though. Hopefully Telfair can remedy that if Casey gives him any burn.

Fact: We have 3 PGs. None of them are over 6 feet. Lowry is listed at 6 feet but I seriously doubt it.

At least with Telfair on instead of Lucas that's one less guy that needs the ball, expect him to give Bargnani some looks.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#147 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

Derozans passing is impressive, its like it just turned on!
Val has been stronger and more physical since his injury. He is starting to get it.
Lowry did good in the end there.
Gay is amazing, he just took over the second half.
The bench is just an AA chuckfest, its the easiest way to lose a lead. Bargnani should be fed before these two.
The booing has to stop. The point has been made. More booing wont achieve a thing with that guy.
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#148 » by DHK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

If it's true about Telfair reforming his shot completely and this 38% 3pt shooting this seaosn isnt some fluke, he's more valuable than Lucas. he's a lot more fluid and more pass first with a tendency to love to penetrate and kick while also being comfortable taking the backseat and just facilitating the offense.
IN terms of his own-ball defense, people rave over it but I'll have to see it to believe it..
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#149 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

Left Side Drive wrote:Can someone tell me why Rudy Gay is so popular on twitter? He has 700k - 800k followers. Way more than any other Raptor player or Grizzlie player for that matter.

Well he is a top 5 player at his position :)
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#150 » by ForeverTFC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 am

AJWest05 wrote:Man even though we won, I absolutely hate it when we go "small". Fire this coach or demote!! I want to see a normal lineup dammit. Think of how much better our defense would be with the length of Big V. Big V > AA or Fields on crunch time.

I hate Casey's small lineup as much as the next guy, but the Knicks played Carmelo at the 4 all fourth Q. Landry and Gay on him was the correct call.
TCHOKE
Head Coach
And1: 312

Post#151 » by TCHOKE » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

i dont mind andersons green light when he is hot
but nights like tonight casey should have pulled him out asap
and bargs needs to comeback up on the pecking order
jl3 and aa both have green lights and bargs is now a stiff set picker who doesnt rebound
if we dont get any offence out of him mind as well put him on the injury list
dballislife
RealGM
And1: 4,913

Post#152 » by dballislife » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 am

hopefully telfair will help with the ball movement on the 2nd unit...tired lucas and AA pounding the rock and taking all the shots...2nd unit shots gotta go through bargs and usually one of gay or demar will be on
What is basketball.....basketball is life!
Tough Tony D
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#153 » by Tough Tony D » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:11 am

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
The Raptors have some hard playing dudes on their team...with the exception of you know who

Haha, I wonder who he's talking about? For real we need to lay-off Bargs in home games. At least wait a couple of quarters. First shot he takes/misses, he's booed instantly. Wait a little more. It aint helping us. Its only making him worse than he already is.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#154 » by Left Side Drive » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:11 am

Inevitable wrote:
Left Side Drive wrote:Can someone tell me why Rudy Gay is so popular on twitter? He has 700k - 800k followers. Way more than any other Raptor player or Grizzlie player for that matter.

Well he is a top 5 player at his position :)

Well if Raptor fans can give him more love he could get close to a million followers which is crazy for a non-superstar NBA player.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#155 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:12 am

Great finish, ended up being an exciting game. Wasn't pretty in spots. We played well defensively, Fields deserves some credit. We're a solid team. We can be a whole lot better too.
MainEvent
Veteran
And1: 2,323

Post#156 » by MainEvent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:12 am

AA needs to learn his role. Ball sticks on him playing me ball.
City Wok Guy
Junior
And1: 134

Post#157 » by City Wok Guy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 am

I'm glad we won, but we're playing like a decent team when we have the potential to play like a good team. Yesterday I saw some of the most beautiful basketball on display when the Spurs destroyed the Clippers. On offence the Spurs were constantly moving and passing the ball. A guy would have a decent shot, but would pass it to another guy for a good shot, and that guy would pass it again to another guy for a great shot.

What I'm see from the Raptors a lot of the time is the polar opposite of the Spurs, isolation plays where the rest of the team barely moves and one guy does all the work and pulls off a low percentage, forced shot. Rudy, Derozan, Lowry, can make those shots every now and then. But on their off-days that shot selection is going to really screw us over. We need to be a more cohesive, passing team on offense constantly looking for the better percentage shot rather than relying on one guy to take a tough, contested jumper each time.

Hopefully our coaching assistants watch some tape on the Spurs before the playoffs. We have the potential to be playing much better than we are right now.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#158 » by Lord_Zedd » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:13 am

Tough Tony D wrote:
FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
The Raptors have some hard playing dudes on their team...with the exception of you know who

Haha, I wonder who he's talking about? For real we need to lay-off Bargs in home games. At least wait a couple of quarters. First shot he takes/misses, he's booed instantly. Wait a little more. It aint helping us. Its only making him worse than he already is.

Well it aint the Toronto media publicizing negativity on Bargnani.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#159 » by Double Helix » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 am

Forget feeling happy, people. Don't you remember we're all stupid for enjoying victories because we're not going to win a title but are too good to be horrible?

Wins like this remind what the playoffs were like.
Beardman
Veteran
And1: 181

Post#160 » by Beardman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 am

What's so interesting about Gay for him to have that many followers ? :o I bet you its mostly chicks that think he's hot.

Return to Toronto Raptors