ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Re: PG: Playoffs, we coming fo you ****! 

Post#81 » by RapsFanInVA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

Got Em wrote:
lander wrote:
Chaos Engine wrote:Rudy is a true closer, Melo is NOT a true superstar. LOL @ the Knicks, what a pretender team.

Melo > Gay I'm just being real. Both take a LOT of shots but Melo is better at making them. Their rebounding is similar but Melo by far the better shooter, post player, he's stronger, and he IS a closer.

Tonight though...

Gay > Melo
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#82 » by Homer Jay » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

4-19 seems so long ago....

Hopefully Telfair can address some of the 2nd units problems with AA and JL hogging shots.
Clementine9
RealGM
And1: 26,001

Post#83 » by Clementine9 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

Demari wrote:also can't believe NY didn't foul with 3.5 seconds left only down 2

I think they screwed up. It wasn't on purpose, they were out of position. (Maybe?)
Lateral Quicks wrote:Gradually JV's minutes will approach zero at the same time his points and rebounds approach infinity - a statistical singularity, if you will. Shrewd move from Nurse.
tiger7
Bench Warmer
And1: 714

Post#84 » by tiger7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

Always feels great to beat the Knicks. Its like the Blue Jays beating the Yankees. Rudy stepped up big time in the second half. Fields played great defense on Melo, Anderson back to a chucker.
RapHippy
Rookie
And1: 267

Post#85 » by RapHippy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

Beardman wrote:If we can give minutes to JV in the 2nd half, we will start blowing out playoff caliber teams.

DaFranchise101
Sixth Man
And1: 2,703

Post#86 » by DaFranchise101 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

Victory Baby!
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#87 » by Asif16 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

DHK wrote:
Inevitable wrote:
Live Free wrote:STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE

We're in 10th...

Im pretty sure that he meant when we WERE 4-19 beginning of the season!! Now look where we at. WE CHASIN PLAYOFFS HOMIE
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#88 » by Los Manos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:50 am

It did feel like we got a slightly better share of the whistle tonight but still an excellent win.

And for all those saying it's a win in spite of Casey, no matter what you thought during the game (and I was as frustrated as anybody) we won. So he got it right and in a win you have to give credit.

There is so much that can be done to improve offensively but they're figuring out ways to win on the fly and that's huge. Sometimes it's going to be ugly for long stretches, we're going to have to live with that but if they keep finding ways to win while ironing out some stubborn kinks then you live with it.

good times.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#89 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

I'd say Gay and Lowry bailed out Casey on that one, because if we had lost the knives would be out for that fiasco of overplaying Lucas.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#90 » by Chaos Engine » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Got Em wrote:
lander wrote:
Chaos Engine wrote:Rudy is a true closer, Melo is NOT a true superstar. LOL @ the Knicks, what a pretender team.

Melo > Gay I'm just being real. Both take a LOT of shots but Melo is better at making them. Their rebounding is similar but Melo by far the better shooter, post player, he's stronger, and he IS a closer.

I agree, Melo is better but Melo is not a true superstar like Durant or Lebron. He doesn't play defense, and has a negative effect on his teammates with all his ball hogging and chucking and screaming for the ball.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#91 » by TheRealDeal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

We're beating good teams even when we're not playing our best. It should've been a blowout in the first half but they kept it close and the starters came to play in the 2nd half. It feels great to win these close games after all of the tough defeats earlier in the year.
Got Em
Rookie
And1: 257

Post#92 » by Got Em » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Got Em wrote:
lander wrote:

Tonight though...

Gay > Melo

Definitely, Gay was killing it in the second half tonight.

Edit: messed up the embedding :(
I don't need a watch, I'm on time when I get there.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#93 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Got Em wrote:
lander wrote:

Melo has a better offensive game but on defense hes a scrub Rudy is a pretty good defender and melo is a cry baby
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#94 » by Ari_Emanuel » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

This team has soo much potential. We just need a proven coach that can teach them how to actually run offensive sets.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
jasonliw93
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#95 » by jasonliw93 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

SFour wrote:Bargs is with the team for the rest of the season so the fans should stop booing....its just making him play worst then he already is. He is decent off the bench though.

its tough love, if he wants to gain our love back he's going to have to put effort into it.
We are finally giving him accountability for his play!
Hopefully this will make him tougher!
PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,578

Post#96 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
ghuytro wrote:Pretty sure Val had no idea who Telfair was when he passed him in the ramp after the game.

Probably thought it was some kind of Make a Wish thing.

I'm still laughing.

"Wicktory, cancer baby!"
raps777
Sophomore
And1: 187

Post#97 » by raps777 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

It's funny now that with no Calderon and no Bargs on the floor I'm expecting somewhat decent defense.
John Wooden wrote:You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#98 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 am

Los Manos wrote:And for all those saying it's a win in spite of Casey, no matter what you thought during the game (and I was as frustrated as anybody) we won. So he got it right and in a win you have to give credit.

No, I don't have to applaud a really bad decision that almost cost us the game.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#99 » by RapsFanInVA » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 am

deeps6x wrote:
RapsFanInVA wrote:David Stern sent of the memo: "Let's give the Raptors some calls tonight" Amazing how much easier it is to win when you get home court calls.

Only watched the 2nd half, and besides the dreadful beginning of the 3rd Q (the JLIII-AA show) that was great to watch. Rudy is a bad, bad man. Great win.

Yeah, pretty damn clear you only watched the second half. The Refs were Brutal with their Bias against the Raptors in the first half. If Stern intervened, it was at halftime because he didn't want to have to issue another apology to the team.

Glad I didn't watch the first half then. They called so many quick fouls on the Knicks, lots of moving screens, a charge, reach in fouls, then AA tipped the ball up, hit the underside of the hoop, and they gave us the ball back :lol:
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#100 » by Inevitable » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:52 am

Jamal Crawford ‏@JCrossover
Rudy Gay has giving Toronto new life.

Return to Toronto Raptors