ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Wizards @ Raptors Monday Feb. 25th 7 pm TSN2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Re: GT: Wizards @ Raptors Monday Feb. 25th 7 pm TSN 

Post#101 » by DHK » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:39 am

Inevitable wrote:Wizards are a dangerous team at home, if we were going to lose to them it would of been our last game against them. They are 4-22 on the road, I am not worried about them.

Means squat.
Sacramento was 2-13 on the road before we played them, they blew us out.
They have potential to win if we dont take them seriously
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#102 » by Inevitable » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:50 am

DHK wrote:
Inevitable wrote:Wizards are a dangerous team at home, if we were going to lose to them it would of been our last game against them. They are 4-22 on the road, I am not worried about them.

Means squat.
Sacramento was 2-13 on the road before we played them, they blew us out.
They have potential to win if we dont take them seriously

Well of course you can't take any team easy, I'm just putting out the fact Washington's upsets against top teams were at home. On the road this season they are absolutely horrible so the likely of a road upset is slim.
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#103 » by Mikestro » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 am

This is def a trap game. The Wiz are a good team and should not be taken lightly. We really need to make sure we take care of the basketball and limit turnovers as I believe last time we played them that's what almost gave them the game.
22haytham22
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,265

Post#104 » by 22haytham22 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:58 am

Trap game, we could be thinking ahead of ourselves...this is where the coach is the most effective (which scares me)...gotta keep your team focused one game at a time

TreadMilling Since 1995

Darain wrote:Dude is like 6-10, 6-12 at the most
But he is definitely not 7 foot
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,221

Post#105 » by niQ » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 am

Wiz will be out for revenge. Don't sleep on 'em. Perhaps Devlin needs to start talking about Wale again. lol
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#106 » by youreachiteach » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:05 am

We lost to Sacto for the same reason the Knicks keep losing to us--they're a bad match-up for us. Cousins individually tore us a new a**hole and we had no match-up for him (actually having Bargs in that game would have been invaluable.)

The knicks guards are too small to affect our iso action and so they are forced to switch all the time until they are totally confused or they foul Chandler out. We also have Fields, who plays Melo so well he should go around to offer his services part-time on off days to other teams playing the Knicks (which totally destroys their ability to set up their three point shots--they main scoring route they want to take).

Although Washington has size, it is not over-sized, and it is not overly skilled. I do think we played a bad half in the game against Sacto--but even with a better effort, it would have taken quite hot shooting to overcome this weakness.

Anyhoo, Washington has no guards to guard us either...and we're smarter and better organized defensively. If we stick to the program and share the ball, it should be a w.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#107 » by Bankai » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 am

I think teams that have someone that can bully the Raptors inside and has a good soft touch around the basket is what gives them problems. Cousins and Randolph really took them to down. I think they will do ok against guys like Bynum or Howard (and in this case, Nene) though. Their touch is more about force which doesent go down as well.
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#108 » by Chaos Engine » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 am

Bankai wrote:I think teams that have someone that can bully the Raptors inside and has a good soft touch around the basket is what gives them problems. Cousins and Randolph really took them to down. I think they will do ok against guys like Bynum or Howard (and in this case, Nene) though. Their touch is more about force which doesent go down as well.

Teams that can score in the paint give the Raps a lot of trouble. Teams like the Knicks that live by the three are an easier matchup.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 582

Post#109 » by youreachiteach » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 am

The problem against Sacto was that we had no size (except for Gray, and he is almost useless against bigs who are skilled) and Val was out. Now, with both Val and Bargs back, we can actually match-up much better with larger teams (although not perfectly) and grind a win out if necessary.

It's funny. I don't think I've ever been able to call the Raptors a strong defensively oriented team before--but they are now. With Amir and Jonas playing excellent pick and roll defense now, and Gay being here the d is much improved. Even Demar is coming up with steals and playing nice team defense--it's the best stretch of d I've seen him play for some time.

This will allow us to win games while we fine-tune the offense. It's a fun time to be a Raptor fan right now.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#110 » by pbj » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:29 pm

youreachiteach wrote:The problem against Sacto was that we had no size (except for Gray, and he is almost useless against bigs who are skilled) and Val was out. Now, with both Val and Bargs back, we can actually match-up much better with larger teams (although not perfectly) and grind a win out if necessary.

It's funny. I don't think I've ever been able to call the Raptors a strong defensively oriented team before--but they are now. With Amir and Jonas playing excellent pick and roll defense now, and Gay being here the d is much improved. Even Demar is coming up with steals and playing nice team defense--it's the best stretch of d I've seen him play for some time.

This will allow us to win games while we fine-tune the offense. It's a fun time to be a Raptor fan right now.

Totally agree, he seems to be much more active grabbing loose balls, passes that his teammates tip, and just generally more engaged.. Big Brother Rudy is putting the pressure on him!
dat90zKiD
Banned User
And1: 1,069

Post#111 » by dat90zKiD » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 pm

TSN?! Jack Armstrong?! NO LEO RAUTINS?!!?!!?

Cant wait... GO RAPTORSSSSSSS (Ive literally been dying over the weekend for this game)
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#112 » by sanity » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:19 pm

The precious tandem of Rod Black and Leo Rautins will be doing their usual front-end work, which is good enough to flip the channel to something else right away after the quarter ends. No pirate stream tonight woohoo!
Mad Prophet
Veteran
And1: 725

Post#113 » by Mad Prophet » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:41 pm

The game is on TSN 2
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#114 » by pkiskool » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Seems like every game has been home game since Rudy got here...
Jval17
Banned User
And1: 80

Post#115 » by Jval17 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm

W00t Bassy making his debut!
@Mike_Ganter: Sebastian Telfair took part in shootaround. Has put flu behind him, had a peek at the playbook and is ready to go.

@stackmack: Casey says Telfair is behind Lowry and Lucas rotation wise for now.

@stackmack: Sebastian Telfair spoke with Toronto media for the first time. Said he's happy to be here with a team that's competing for something.
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#116 » by Viatical » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 pm

sanity wrote:The precious tandem of Rod Black and Leo Rautins will be doing their usual front-end work, which is good enough to flip the channel to something else right away after the quarter ends. No pirate stream tonight woohoo!

That's a relief to hear. I'll have to live tweet Leo Rautins during the game to find out which school he played for. It might be Syracuse. I'll report back with my findings.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#117 » by Asif16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Jval17 wrote:W00t Bassy making his debut!
@Mike_Ganter: Sebastian Telfair took part in shootaround. Has put flu behind him, had a peek at the playbook and is ready to go.

2 Pg lineup......HERE WE COME
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#118 » by Asif16 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Viatical wrote:
sanity wrote:The precious tandem of Rod Black and Leo Rautins will be doing their usual front-end work, which is good enough to flip the channel to something else right away after the quarter ends. No pirate stream tonight woohoo!

That's a relief to hear. I'll have to live tweet Leo Rautins during the game to find out which school he played for. It might be Syracuse. I'll report back with my findings.

But you gotta remember....Thats a 7 footer out there
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#119 » by Viatical » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:17 pm

The biggest takeaway from that tweet is that Dwane Casey apparently has a playbook.
Jval17
Banned User
And1: 80

Post#120 » by Jval17 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:17 pm

@stackmack: Sebastian Telfair spoke with Toronto media for the first time. Said he's happy to be here with a team that's competing for something.

Return to Toronto Raptors