ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

BLKMASS
Banned User
And1: 124

Re: Lowry to fans: Stop booing Bargnani 

Post#81 » by BLKMASS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

Nah he definitely should be booed. He's a joke with his apathetic attitude. It's one thing to play bad, it's a whole other thing to simply not care. And he simply doesn't care out there, even the Knicks commentator called him out for that. He called him disinterested in basketball.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Post#82 » by carlosey » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

Hahah Kyle Lowry calling out the Toronto fans for being a bunch of douchebags. Thats gotta hurt!!!
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#83 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 am

I've been hating on AA and JL2 lately but I would never go to a game and boo either of them.

I really, really hated Hedo when he was on the team but even then I wouldn't boo the guy when he was on my team and I was rooting for my team to get a win.

It really makes no sense, to top it off he didn't even do anything to negatively effect the game today. Plus, we won. Plus the brainiacs should realize he is officially here for the rest of the year now so the booing really does nothing to change anything.
props to Turbozone for the sig
curryking3
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,994

Post#84 » by curryking3 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 am

I agree. I hate this booing.

I missed the game.

I am really disappointed to see such a great win tainted by such a bad attitude by the Raptors fans.

Learn to take things as they are, nothing is perfect.

We should be VERY happy with what we have right now.

As of now, Bargnani can contribute in a limited role. Let him do his job, and let the other Raptors to theirs too.

No sense in this awful attitude... I'm sad to hear that this happened after being so excited seeing the replays of a great win today.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#85 » by basketball royalty » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 am

Geddy wrote:Wouldn't most players who get booed use it as motivation to play better? Why are we assuming that exposing Bargnani to some boos is somehow going to shatter his psyche?

Or maybe it may make him want to give them the finger as he drives home in his maserati.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#86 » by Strategist1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

The reason why Bargs is being targeted

Toronto hockey town accustomed to fights and physicality
UFC is quite popular here
fanatical TFC fans
no championships (other than the argos) for many years
Canadian winter causes fans to vent their frustration (fact: people are more moody during winter)
All media outlets and some prominent T.O sports journalists were criticizing Bargnani for months
Raptors fans saw what Ed brought when Bargnani was injured... and appreciated the efforts from all our bigs Amir/Ed/Acy/...
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,311

Post#87 » by UnderdogRaptors » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

Duffman100 wrote:I love how people are saying that this is a Toronto problem, as if Bargnani wouldn't be booed in EVERY OTHER arena in the league.

Give me a break, fans are done. You can't change that.

It's on the player/team to figure it out.

Bargs is lucky he isn't playing in NYC he would get it 10x worse than in T.O
BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#88 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

Mack11 wrote:bargnani has been playing professional basketball since he was 15 or 16, in a arguably more hostile environment which is the euro league. Hes gettin paid big time to be a big time player and the reason hes stinking it up is cause his feelings are hurt?

well the rock says he can wipe a monkeys anus with his feelings

LOL, no fan boos his own players in the Euroleague. This is bordering on stupid.

Your "he gets paid bazillion times more than us!" argument is also moot. A stressful job is stressful, no matter how much you get paid.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#89 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:38 am

basketball royalty wrote:I've been hating on AA and JL2 lately but I would never go to a game and boo either of them.

I really, really hated Hedo when he was on the team but even then I wouldn't boo the guy when he was on my team and I was rooting for my team to get a win.

It really makes no sense, to top it off he didn't even do anything to negatively effect the game today. Plus, we won. Plus the brainiacs should realize he is officially here for the rest of the year now so the booing really does nothing to change anything.

Stop lying man. If he is continually booed something will have to give. He will have to be moved, amnestied, whatever. The line in the sand has been drawn, and BC and his cult followers are not going to call the shots with this clown anymore. It should escalate to remove no doubt that he will NOT be welcomed back next season.
brady10
Sophomore
And1: 344

Post#90 » by brady10 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

I love how all these people are defending Bargnani, but you all forgot one fact this is the same guy that went on an itilian show and called the raptors the worst team in the league.
This is why Toronto will never be a good sports city because we accept incompetence and mediocrity, do any of you think if Bargnani played for a team like the celitcs, spurs or lakers they're fans wouldnt have chased this bum out of the city. the matter of fact is we've given this guy 7 years to prove himself and he's come up short time and time again.

Frankly I think Colangelo made a mistake in keeping Bargnani past the deadline because it's pretty obvious the fans dont want him on this team anymore and the way he's played I think he's given up on this team and city. We were better off just trading him, even for someone like Boozer (he may be overpaid but at least he would get you a double double every night.)

Im not one of those sheeps driven by the media, Ive been calling for this guy to get traded for about 2 years now and now it looks like this situation is really going to get ugly, my only fear is that it becomes a distraction to a team that has been playing well.
Sheldon Cooper
Pro Prospect
And1: 810

Post#91 » by Sheldon Cooper » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

I'm actually ashamed to call myself a Raptor fan right now. Toronto is absolutely classless. Sad and pathetic.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,688

Post#92 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Strategist1 wrote:The reason why Bargs is being targeted

fanatical TFC fans
Canadian winter causes fans to vent their frustration (fact: people are more moody during winter)
All media outlets and some prominent T.O sports journalists were criticizing Bargnani for months
Raptors fans saw what Ed brought when Bargnani was injured... and appreciated the efforts from all our bigs Amir/Ed/Acy/...

He would be getting booed in all 29 other cities if he played there.
ecksplicit
Pro Prospect
And1: 490

Post#93 » by ecksplicit » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Dennis 37 wrote:Look, he was never benched due to his lack of rebounding. Is that his fault?
Colangelo damaged him. The boos should be on Colangelo.

Obviously not, but he's been criticized for years by fans and the media and he hasn't upped his effort. He even had the audacity to throw the team under the bus and say that they were "pretty much the worst team in the NBA" when he was the clear cut leader on the team. Fans can see who has bought in and who hasn't. Bargs clearly hasn't.
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,858

Post#94 » by ThatClockWork » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 am

Duffman100 wrote:I love how people are saying that this is a Toronto problem, as if Bargnani wouldn't be booed in EVERY OTHER arena in the league.

and what if booing him sends the wrong message to the players in the locker room these fans value? when the team was a mess, i could agree with you. Now that it is not, appreciate the product and support your players getting better while they are still here. The rest is pointless and potentially damaging.
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
Neutral 123
RealGM
And1: 2,799

Post#95 » by Neutral 123 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:40 am

fanatical TFC fans

You forgot the most important ones. He sucks, doesn't care, and doesn't try.
BLKMASS
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#96 » by BLKMASS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 am

Whatever team he goes to next will boo the hell out of him too if his apathetic attitude doesn't change.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,899

Post#97 » by Duffman100 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 am

djgordon wrote:

and what if booing him sends the wrong message to the players in the locker room these fans value? when the team was a mess, i could agree with you. Now that it is not, appreciate the product and support your players getting better while they are still here. The rest is pointless and potentially damaging.

So what if it is? What I'm saying is that fans are fans, people are going to boo.

It's up to management to deal with this mess, people's reactions are going to be the same anywhere.
Tough Tony D
Analyst
And1: 314

Post#98 » by Tough Tony D » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 am

Some of you keep arguing that its okay to boo him since he deserves it. Yes he does, But what does booing him accomplish? Its only making him even worse than he already, so its only hurting our team for now (and future since gm's will know BC absolutely has to give him away). So lets stop with the negativity and support our team. Especially with the way they are playing at the moment. No need for this bs at the moment.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#99 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 am

C_Money wrote:

fanatical TFC fans

He would be getting booed in all 29 other cities if he played there.

Name one NBA player today, even outright busts, who are being booed regularly by their home town fans. Name me one!

Just one.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
sca
Head Coach
And1: 9,172

Post#100 » by sca » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 am

BLKMASS wrote:Nah he definitely should be booed. He's a joke with his apathetic attitude. It's one thing to play bad, it's a whole other thing to simply not care. And he simply doesn't care out there, even the Knicks commentator called him out for that. He called him disinterested in basketball.

He's never actually looked interested. Different people give different reactions to the world around them. That does not necessarily mean he doesn't care.
RaptorsLife on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm wrote:
nabbs wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Nurse can’t be our head coach

Why not? Who is your choice?

Def Messina

RaptorsLife on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:31 pm wrote:Messina sucks

Return to Toronto Raptors