ImageImageImageImageImage

RealGM Raptors Forum Poster Of The Year Awards (Vote!)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Renji
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#1 » by Renji » Thu May 9, 2013 2:17 pm

COPY and PASTE the following template to vote for the posters of the year!!

Raptors RealGM First Team
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Raptors RealGM Second Team
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

MVP:

ROY:

Favorite Mod:

Most Likely the next to become a Mod:

Funniest Poster:

Most Knowledgeable:

Best Signature:

Best Avatar:

GIF/Graphic of the year:

Thread of the year:

Raptor Scrub of the year:

Most LOL Moment of the year:

PLEASE KEEP IT POSITIVE!
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,794

Re: RealGM Raptors Forum Poster Of The Year Awards (Vote!) 

Post#2 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I dont like the teams/etc.. So ill just list them.

First all the mods, youve done a great job towards the end of the year, I admit the beginning was rocky and I had my complaints, but youve all been solid, shout out to Yogi, he said it would change, thanks man (even if you dont like me much, and I understand why).

DG, DH, Dagger, Rapcity, Undefeated, Reignman, Indeed, EastCoast, JRoc, Mirrornick, Turbo zone, tsherkin, triplemke, rated, Hassassin (love this guys Canada basketball stuff, and highlights) sorry those are just some of the names, if I missed you its because im horrible with screen names and devoting memory.

The MVP is ofcourse Rhett.

The team is horrible, but I genuinely enjoy reading a solid 20-30% of you, and what you have to say. Lets make this year better.

Edit: Havent really engaged with DrPositivity (Mustafa) but alot of respect for going through with the bet.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
pbj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,757

Post#3 » by pbj » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 pm

vini_vidi_vici wrote:I dont like the teams/etc.. So ill just list them.

First all the mods, youve done a great job towards the end of the year, I admit the beginning was rocky and I had my complaints, but youve all been solid, shout out to Yogi, he said it would change, thanks man (even if you dont like me much, and I understand why).

DG, DH, Dagger, Rapcity, Undefeated, Reignman, Indeed, EastCoast, JRoc, Mirrornick, Turbo zone, tsherkin, triplemke, rated, Hassassin (love this guys Canada basketball stuff, and highlights) sorry those are just some of the names, if I missed you its because im horrible with screen names and devoting memory.

The MVP is ofcourse Rhett.

The team is horrible, but I genuinely enjoy reading a solid 20-30% of you, and what you have to say. Lets make this year better.

Edit: Havent really engaged with DrPositivity (Mustafa) but alot of respect for going through with the bet.

20-30% ain't bad at all!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,437

Post#4 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Love the idea;
Just a little bit early.

Maybe we can pick this up the week after free agency begins, as my concern is this will get lost with all the draft and FA hoopla.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#5 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Jul 9, 2013 4:30 pm

Vote away, gents.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#6 » by TheMainEvent » Tue Jul 9, 2013 4:47 pm

Of the year? Are you going by basketball season or actually January to July?
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
Roland Brice
Banned User
And1: 2,705

Post#7 » by Roland Brice » Tue Jul 9, 2013 4:55 pm

I just wanna say two things. First, lol the OP got banned before his thread was opened. Second, we have co-MVP's this year in my opinion and they go by TZ and Rhett.
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#8 » by lobosloboslobos » Tue Jul 9, 2013 5:04 pm

This year I have spent FAR more time kicking around here shooting my mouth off and reading posts by y'all than I ever should have. So I guess that either says that I'm addicted to distraction or this place has a lot of pretty insightful and entertaining posters. Probably both.

Props to the mods, as always. This board is a very healthy community thanks to you, with a nice balance of respect and ranting. And much as i like seeing lovely gals in next to nothing i think it's appropriate that there seems to be a lot less of them around here these days.

Good posters are numerous around here. Most of you know who you are, as do we, and you will get your due. Apart from those mighty regulars I've enjoyed the contributions of LLJ, Skywalker, Courtside, Fredericklove, Boris and Hillbilly Hare (yes despite our many enjoyable disagreements) as well as VinBaker, props to Mustafa/Positivity for keeping his word despite being so wrong about Val :wink: and also I appreciated all the graphics work that was contributed. Great to see the creativity flowing. As far as new posters go I think DatBoiCapSpace has added a lot.

I know I left out a lot of deserving posters but this is off the top of my head. Props to you anyway.

Shout out to all the lurkers. Stay sleepy.

Raps in 4.
Saint_Killa
Rookie
And1: 1,981

Post#9 » by Saint_Killa » Tue Jul 9, 2013 5:07 pm

Great start with RealGM Raptors forum.Just an amazing group of guys here.Happy to be here :)
Never stop believin
Sterling_Archer
Rookie
And1: 47

Post#10 » by Sterling_Archer » Tue Jul 9, 2013 6:06 pm

This should be interesting never been apart of something like this. With this type of community should be fun to see some of the votes. I haven't been on here long but I thnk I should be able to make some good votes. Good luck to you all.
ReaLiez
General Board Mock Draft Champ
And1: 3,246

Post#11 » by ReaLiez » Tue Jul 9, 2013 6:46 pm

If there was Lurker of the Year award - It has to go to me - on this site night and day for the last 11 years
Justice
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,611

Post#12 » by ishoy123 » Tue Jul 9, 2013 7:27 pm

best poster: dagger
best avatar: spacing
RoseBeforeHoes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,479

Post#13 » by RoseBeforeHoes » Tue Jul 9, 2013 8:01 pm

Best signature goes to triplemke...

top posters would be: TZ, Rhettematic, triplemke, Dagger, Hassasin (love his highlight vids after every game).

thread of the year: GT where kobe single handedly beat the Raptors.
Hansari
Rookie
And1: 1,146

Post#14 » by Hansari » Tue Jul 9, 2013 8:02 pm

Either one of Double Helix, Dagger, Undefeated basically get my vote.

Turbozone for the best graphics ofcourse

ROY is a good addition but it'll be hard to find candidates because you don't really see the newer posters around as often so most are probably not accustomed to their posts.
JV4MVP
General Manager
And1: 9,582

Post#15 » by JV4MVP » Tue Jul 9, 2013 8:06 pm

Favorite Mod: Lil Ozzy (post Jose Calderon thread)
Best Signature: Dr. Positivity
Thread of the Year: How many pickles does rudy have?
Raptor Scrub of the year: Landry Fields
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#16 » by Boobs » Tue Jul 9, 2013 8:06 pm

Funniest poster: infernoskull
Susp3ct
Veteran
And1: 2,058

Post#17 » by Susp3ct » Tue Jul 9, 2013 8:08 pm

Props to everyone for following the format so far.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#18 » by fredericklove » Tue Jul 9, 2013 9:05 pm

Raptors RealGM First Team
1) Rhett (you help brought me back from the grave so many times, forever in debt to you sir)
2) DG88 (one of the most knowledgeable posters here)
3) undefeated (we've been great ally/comrade throughout the draft thread war)
4) scraptor (entertaining, I got respect for you man)
5) turbozone (the most interesting man in the world, stay awesome, my friend)

Raptors RealGM Second Team
1) mirrornick (the game thread op is all yours)
2) triplemke23 (for all the great contribution you've done to mufasa sig thread)
3) LeBronNextMJ (one of the cool fellas in the game thread to crack many jokes with)
4) pbj (entertaining)
5) lobosloboslobos or StMikes31 or Sanity (props to you fellas for making entertaining posts)

MVP: turbozone (unanimous choice)

ROY: FlutieX (quite cool)

Favorite Mod: Rhett (cool and nice guy, does his job really well and doesn't abuse his power, plus good basketball insights)

Most Likely the next to become a Mod: dTox (despite our minor differences in the Demar/Ross topic, I respect you for your way of approaching people, I see mod potential in you)

Funniest Poster: J-Roc (sometimes he cracks way too many jokes in the weirdest situation but he does have some of the better jokes in here)

Most Knowledgeable: DG88 (well rounded poster, good knowledge in all areas and very good at breaking down things)

Best Signature: FIREBC sig

Best Avatar: My current avatar! J/k, prolly yoda's avi because it matches his avi name)

GIF/Graphic of the year: The Andrea and Jonas youtube clip made by TZ

Thread of the year: Andrea traded for picks and scrubs thread

Raptor Scrub of the year: The treadmillers, wait, I mean Aaron Gray

Most LOL Moment of the year: In raps game it has to be Magloire airballing the game tying free throw. In raps board, it's that poster who made a classless retaliated post attempt at the piston fan in the monroe topic thread.
MA29
Sixth Man
And1: 770

Post#19 » by MA29 » Tue Jul 9, 2013 9:42 pm

Favorite poster: Rhett
YG to OG
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#20 » by Double Helix » Tue Jul 9, 2013 9:44 pm

I feel bad excluding so many great posters and mods but I have to send shout outs to the 8 posters in particular this past season who helped make the board and the year a lot more enjoyable than it would have otherwise been. These are the MVPs of the board.

Hassassin - His work on Canadian basketball has kept us all up to date. He provides highlight reels of each player we want to follow after every Raptors game, and also fulfills requests? Are you **** kidding me? Is he paid for this work? Think about how much work this guy has put into those contributions. Huge thank you to Hassasin for all that he provides to us.

Rhettmatic - Ozzy was one of the most balanced, fair, logical mods this board had. He cared and it showed. Rhett's a little more laid back but he still cares a ton and it shows. Even though he's clearly pulling for a tear down and rebuild he still allows the other side to create new threads and allows for balance on the board. Beyond that, the guy's an incredible transcriber and Twitter addict, so he's always providing news via tweets or through his own transcriptions. How many times have you been at work when an interesting video or audio interview broke while you waited on Rhett to transcribe the entire thing for you quickly? Huge thank you to Rhett for constantly breaking Twitter stories fast, being such a fair and balanced mod, and for constantly taking on transcription duties.

The Doctor - Doc's a vet's vet and one of the most loyal, passionate Raptors fans in the entire community. When Doc chimes in on something you know he's put thought into it and it's worthy of your time. Creative contributions like tank war analysis, schedule analysis, etc are staples from Doc. Huge thanks for sticking by the Raptors for so many years, cleaning this site up, and for staying open-minded but always passionate about the Raptors.

TurboZone - A picture is worth a thousand words. He provides visual style to our board that few others have and he constantly keeps us laughing with a dry, sarcastic sense of humor that doesn't quit. He doesn't troll though. You can see in many of his images that he loves the Raps dearly and just wants them to succeed. Until then, he keeps things light and allows us to laugh rather than cry. Huge thank you to TZ for all the smiles and laughs he's brought the board. It takes a lot of time and effort to output the amount of work he does.

Yogi Stewart - He's a true original and one of the funniest guys on the Mod team. He understands that sometimes the thread of the year candidates are the ones that start out horrible and bizzare and keep building. He allows the board to have almost a Reddit quality at times and along with TZ I think that's needed during losing years. He's also regularly contributing to the daily papers threads and I know from making those over the years that they're a bit of a pain to make.

DG88/Moris - These guys do a terrific job filling in where Rhett can't, break the stories that Rhett can't, and lock/merge the same kinds of threads that Rhett is unable to. If Rhett's the LBJ of Mods then with Ozzy retired these 2 are Bosh and Wade. Huge thank you to these two for merging threads (Which is more of a pain than locking in many ways) and communicating effectively to all members of the community about the TOS. They also do a great job updating the archive.

BorisDK - He's been gone for a long time now but when he was here he contributed a ton and picked up where SS left off. He really seemed to hate Rudy (because of how awful he shot the ball this past year) while ignoring the better shooting years on his resume but he's opened my mind so much in so many ways on the defensive side of the court that it's forgiven. :laugh: Terrific basketball mind. He's almost the board's version of Zach Lowe.

Honorable mention:
This board has a ton of great writers, photo shop artists, moderators, story breakers, game thread designers, devil's advocate-types, homers, cynics, and comedians but IMO the above 8 stood out above us all last year. I feel like I have to give a special shout out again to Ozzy even though he needed to take a step away but he worked hard enough for so long that he deserves a special inclusion regardless.

Return to Toronto Raptors