ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: HOU walks away from Asik trade table (pg9) #OmerMare

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Scarface844
Banned User
And1: 7,859

Re: OT: Woj: Celtics closer to Asik trade (for Lee, Bass, 1s 

Post#41 » by Scarface844 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Knicks are trying to get him to, but sources are saying its a long shot. This may be why they have't traded for Lowry yet, in hopes they could get Asik for their first round pick and Shumpert.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#42 » by Ari_Emanuel » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:03 pm

VinBaker6 wrote:That Boston defense is gonna be dirty. Rondo Bradley Green Sully and Asik. Damn

Yup. They're clearly gonna make a run at Kevin Love in the next few years too. Either with the other picks they have or with capspace when Love hits free agency. They never needed to tank.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#43 » by COY0607 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Scarface844 wrote:Knicks are trying to get him to, but sources are saying its a long shot. This may be why they have't traded for Lowry yet, in hopes they could get Asik for their first round pick and Shumpert.

i dont think knicks have anything to match this celtics package
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,600

Post#44 » by dTox » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:05 pm

dagger wrote:
lucky777s wrote:Market for Asik is weak because of that 15 mill balloon payment and he's mainly a defensive player.

If you have a PF that can play with Dwight you can get Asik cheap right now. BOS is taking advantage of that. Looks like they want to be the new Bulls. Don't be surprised if Thibs goes back to BOS next year if CHI blows things up.

I expect the first round pick to be one of the worst ones BOS has or heavily protected. HOU has no real leverage it seems. Although BOS knows how hard it is to find C's, they were looking all last year.

The market is also weak because Morey let out that there was a self-imposed Dec 19 deadline. That never helps your bargaining power. I know why they want a deal done by tomorrow, but you lose some leverage by putting yourself on the clock.

It could also have an opposite impact on a GM who is trigger happy, with the deadline approaching he may panic thinking Houston has an offer pending (which is why there was a deadline to begin with) and he ends up throwing in the farm.
TBZ for the win
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#45 » by IMAN5 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
IMAN5 wrote:
suntzuballin wrote:werent those guys 2 components of the magic team howard was on

Completely forgot, good point.

Although Bass came after Lee was already traded, both guys are familiar with Dwight.

Lee got the boot because he missed a massive alley-oop layup. Felt bad for him.

other than that one play though, he played pretty solid in the playoffs/finals in his rookie season.
instagram.com/510movement
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#46 » by Komodo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

lucky777s wrote:Market for Asik is weak because of that 15 mill balloon payment and he's mainly a defensive player.

If you have a PF that can play with Dwight you can get Asik cheap right now. BOS is taking advantage of that. Looks like they want to be the new Bulls. Don't be surprised if Thibs goes back to BOS next year if CHI blows things up.

I expect the first round pick to be one of the worst ones BOS has or heavily protected. HOU has no real leverage it seems. Although BOS knows how hard it is to find C's, they were looking all last year.

Can we confirm this once and for all? I thought that was only if Chicago matched?
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#47 » by Schad » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Ok, so we're team #3. Would you trade Amir and Novak for that 2016 BKN pick, Lee and Bass in a flip from Houston? No 187 necessary.

Absolutely. That pick has serious upside, because the Nets could be an injury-prone, post-30 Deron, Brook Lopez, and a bunch of scrubs by that point.
**** your asterisk.
BAMartian
Banned User
And1: 149

Post#48 » by BAMartian » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
FluLikeSymptoms wrote:
Ok, so we're team #3. Would you trade Amir and Novak for that 2016 BKN pick, Lee and Bass in a flip from Houston? No 187 necessary.

Absolutely. That pick has serious upside, because the Nets could be an injury-prone, post-30 Deron, Brook Lopez, and a bunch of scrubs by that point.

Yeah seems like a no brainer to me
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#49 » by Scarface844 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 pm

COY0607 wrote:
Scarface844 wrote:Knicks are trying to get him to, but sources are saying its a long shot. This may be why they have't traded for Lowry yet, in hopes they could get Asik for their first round pick and Shumpert.

i dont think knicks have anything to match this celtics package

Yeah no doubt. I'd look for Masai to make some moves once Asik is traded.
BAMartian
Banned User
And1: 149

Post#50 » by BAMartian » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Komodo wrote:

Can we confirm this once and for all? I thought that was only if Chicago matched?

There's very little evidence to support his statement. As far as I can tell there *is* a market because lots of teams have been rumored in trade talks and I'm willing to bet that some teams are holding off on making other trades because of the possibility of landing Asik.
suntzuballin
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#51 » by suntzuballin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:08 pm

is a 3rd team involed for lee why dont they keep him to back up harden and parson he solid player
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#52 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/413417180882300928[/tweet]

Every time I see Woj's goddamn avatar I'm hoping it's a Lowry trade.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#53 » by #9 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Someone should quote me on reporting monday that Rockets were interested in trading Asik to the Celtics for Bass.
kb24vskb8
Junior
And1: 405

Post#54 » by kb24vskb8 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:17 pm

What year is the first round?
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#55 » by Wo1verine » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Asik would be a nice replacement for Val if we could ever trade him for a 2014 lottery pick.
BrunoSkull
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#56 » by Scarface844 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 pm

#9 wrote:Someone should quote me on reporting monday that Rockets were interested in trading Asik to the Celtics for Bass.

You have any info on Lowry or any Raptors trades that might be imminent?
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by #9 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
#9 wrote:Someone should quote me on reporting monday that Rockets were interested in trading Asik to the Celtics for Bass.

No ironically enough, I have never posted on any Raptors rumors. How do I check my post history and quote myself anyways ?
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#58 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 pm

#9 wrote:
Scarface844 wrote:

No ironically enough, I have never posted on any Raptors rumors. How do I check my post history and quote myself anyways ?

Here you go:

#9 wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:
#9 wrote:Asik trade will be done by tomorrow night.

I broke the story on what the nets offered us for lowry

Is it a three teamer as originally rumored or just the Rox and Sixers?

Celts are the closest one. Jeff Green or Bass on the table.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Scarface844
Banned User

Post#59 » by Scarface844 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:21 pm

#9 wrote:
Scarface844 wrote:

No clue, I just joined recently so I don't know how to check previous post history. To quote yourself I think you just press quote and copy and paste that into your reply in this thread.
Pro Prospect

Post#60 » by #9 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Scarface844 wrote:
#9 wrote:
Scarface844 wrote:

No clue, I just joined recently so I don't know how to check previous post history. To quote yourself I think you just press quote and copy and paste that into your reply in this thread.

Yeah. I know about quoting, that was just one question though haha. Dec 12 and already 200 posts. Dang. I'm one of the oldest posters in here but rarely post

Return to Toronto Raptors