ImageImageImageImageImage

Open Gym Episode 7 Discussion

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

M_Carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Re: Open Gym Episode 7 Discussion 

Post#21 » by M_Carter » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:57 pm

theycallmeZZ wrote:Image

"it's nice"
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#22 » by J-Roc » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:03 pm

How come no JYD in Miami?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#23 » by Matty » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 am

Loved the episode. Stoked for the playoffs. I really hope we play on the very first day next weekend.
raptorgang
Ballboy
And1: 133

Post#24 » by raptorgang » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:26 am

Just watched it on youtube. Got chills like every other episode.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,561

Post#25 » by DG88 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:57 am

JV and his Borat voice kills me lol
DeBrick
Rookie
And1: 1,082

Re: Open Gym Episode 7 Discussion (NBA TV 7 PM, repeat 10:30 

Post#26 » by DeBrick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:36 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:KD talking about how Toronto was his favourite team growing up again. He's definitely coming here.

didn't someone ask him about that the last time he played us and he was like "Well.. i was more a fan of Vince Carter than the team.... but.... they iight"
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#27 » by RINSE » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 pm

DG88 wrote:JV and his Borat voice kills me lol

Someone needs to tell him it's not 2006 anymore though
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#28 » by OvOh » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 pm

DeBrick wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:KD talking about how Toronto was his favourite team growing up again. He's definitely coming here.

didn't someone ask him about that the last time he played us and he was like "Well.. i was more a fan of Vince Carter than the team.... but.... they iight"

He probably was a fan of Vince more than the team. But I remember in the past, he did say he liked the Raps because they were an expansion team at the time and he wanted to be a part of that, and he also really liked the purple Dino jerseys.
Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN
DeBrick
Rookie
And1: 1,082

Post#29 » by DeBrick » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

this might sound stupid but ever since we got rid of the purple I've always thought it hurt us in terms of players wanting to play here. I mean it's already hard enough to attract FA's but what player wants to play for team Canada, or Canada's team or whatever? They took it a little too far.

That's why I wouldn't mind the Black and Gold even, but anything other than Red, sorry. I know some of you like it but I can tell you for certain that NBA players aren't a fan of having the Maple Leaf above their name
OvOh
Head Coach

Post#30 » by OvOh » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:55 pm

DeBrick wrote:this might sound stupid but ever since we got rid of the purple I've always thought it hurt us in terms of players wanting to play here. I mean it's already hard enough to attract FA's but what player wants to play for team Canada, or Canada's team or whatever? They took it a little too far.

That's why I wouldn't mind the Black and Gold even, but anything other than Red, sorry. I know some of you like it but I can tell you for certain that NBA players aren't a fan of having the Maple Leaf above their name

My thoughts exactly. This is why I'm happy we're changing the colours and going away from the red and white. But it's also weird because I remember Leiweke saying he wants to keep the Raptors as Canada's team, so it's kinda contradicting.

In any case, I hope we keep the dribbling dinosaur in some way, I think it's one of the best logos in the NBA.
Sophomore
And1: 170

Post#31 » by 1995 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Thought it was a great episode.. They've all been great actually, they should have shown them on the throughout the year.

Anyone know where to get that shirt with the starting line up names on the front?

Sent from my SGH-T989D using RealGM Forums mobile app
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#32 » by MEDIC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:54 pm

TheSamMitchell wrote:Open Gym Episode 8: "Jonas Arrest"

That would be funny of the Open Gym guys were in the car with him when he went through that drive through. Cameras rolling. Camera dude with an open bottle of booze. :lol:
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#33 » by MEDIC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:59 pm

OvOhYeah wrote:
DeBrick wrote:this might sound stupid but ever since we got rid of the purple I've always thought it hurt us in terms of players wanting to play here. I mean it's already hard enough to attract FA's but what player wants to play for team Canada, or Canada's team or whatever? They took it a little too far.

My thoughts exactly.

You guys are losing it. Can't sign free agents because of red jerseys. What's next.... :lol:

DeBrick wrote:

Everyone outside of Canada that paid attention to the Raptors were VC fans, not Raptor fans. If no VC, then nobody cares.

It's kinda like Cleveland with Lebron & Cleveland without Lebron.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#34 » by MEDIC » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Agree, this was a great episode. They seem to be getting better & better.

Nice to see the organization bringing back some old faces from our best years. They need to do more of it.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#35 » by pkiskool » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:06 pm

JV's "It's nice" was the best part of the show lol
OvOh
Head Coach

Post#36 » by OvOh » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 pm

MEDIC wrote:
OvOhYeah wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

You guys are losing it. Can't sign free agents because of red jerseys. What's next.... :lol:

It's not so much about the colour of the jerseys, but more about what it represents. I just don't know how the players feel about the Raps always marketing themselves as "Canada's team" and having a maple leaf on the back of the uniforms. Especially when they have no connection to Canada at all. Like for instance, let's say it were the CFL, all teams are based in Canada, and then an American team gets introduced like the Houston Texans, who are all about the stars and stripes and being patriotically American. As a Canadian, would your first choice be to sign with them? I'm guessing probably not.

Return to Toronto Raptors